It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:50

Text Size

Watermarks, convoke, expansion symbol?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Watermarks, convoke, expansion symbol?

Postby Yosituna » 10 Jan 2014, 20:35

New to programming for DOTP14, and I was wondering, is there a way to add Ravnica guild watermarks to mono-colored cards? It seems to automatically add them for the multicolor cards, but for cards like Scion of Vitu-Ghazi or Druid's Deliverance, I'd like to add the Selesnya watermark if at all possible (since it bugs me when the digital cards don't look as close to the paper cards as possible). Also, is there any way in DOTP14 to implement Convoke?

Edit: And along the same lines, is there any way to remove the Ravnica guild watermarks from non-Ravnica multicolor cards?

Edit 2: Also, I've noticed that the usual D14 expansion symbol has been replaced with an M in a circle for most if not all cards. What may have caused this, and how do I change it back should I want to?
Yosituna

Re: Watermarks, convoke, expansion symbol?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Jan 2014, 22:33

As far as I know there is no way to specify (or remove) watermarks because the game handles that automatically (much like we can't change card borders).

It is possible to approximate convoke in DotP 2014 much like I did in DotP 2013, but the approximation is far from perfect and it is utterly impossible to code Convoke for any card with {X} in the casting cost.

As for the expansion symbol being changed that means that one of the mods you have installed has overridden the 5 expansion images (EXPANSION_COMMON.TDX, EXPANSION_MYTHIC.TDX, EXPANSION_RARE.TDX, EXPANSION_UNCOMMON.TDX, and EXPANSION_WATERMARK.TDX). If you want to restore the original D14 expansion symbol then you will need to either:
  • Remove the mod that overrides those files.
  • Remove those files from the mod that overrides them.
  • Put the original images in a mod that overrides all others.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Watermarks, convoke, expansion symbol?

Postby Yosituna » 11 Jan 2014, 03:44

Thanks so much! It's a shame nothing can be done about the watermark. And yeah, I figured re: Convoke; it is one of those abilities that is deceptively simple-seeming but then when you really think about it there's a lot you have to do, most of which has no built-in support in DOTP14.
Yosituna

Return to Programming Talk