It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:36

Text Size

Need help fixing a custom card

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Need help fixing a custom card

Postby Xander9009 » 07 May 2014, 01:23

MC Brodie wrote:I haven't read through this whole thread (you and Riiak write books :) ) but I've experienced similar crashes when using thefiremind's Leyline of Deity to cast cards with a hybrid casting cost (like Dovescape or Kitchen Finks). At least that was what I narrowed it down to. When I would use the "cast for free" ability from Leyline of Deity and cast a hybrid costing card, the card would freeze on the stack. I can't remember if the game crashed after that or if I just had to restart.

Like I said, I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this is the issue but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Yeah, I'm a bit verbose. Just imagine how much I'd write if I wasn't aware of that flaw lol. Anyway, none of my cards use hybrid mana like {WU} but they all have multiple colors, so it still might be related; but for mine, they weren't freezing at all. Not even once. Each time, the game is running normally and the card moves out onto the stack, and the next moment, I'm on my desktop with an error message telling me the program is not responding. When it finally stopped crashing with those two cards I was testing, the only thing that consistently stopped the crashes was changing the casting cost, so that might have something to do with it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to Programming Talk