It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:45

Text Size

Could someone please help me fix this card? [Solved]

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Could someone please help me fix this card? [Solved]

Postby julianwelton » 09 Jun 2014, 17:33

I'm trying to get the card to have "Remove a +1/+1 counter and gain first strike and a +1/+1 counter until end of turn" and after trying it it seems to almost work but it gives me the option to remove 50 counters, which obviously I don't want. Any help correcting this issue would be amazing.

Edit: Apparently my post "looks too spammy for a new user" lol. So here's a zip with the broken card.
Attachments
THRASHBALL_COLE_1988199152926.zip
Here's the card code.
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Last edited by julianwelton on 09 Jun 2014, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
julianwelton

Re: Could someone please help me fix this card?

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jun 2014, 18:21

I think the problem you are experiencing is due to the fact that firebreathing and counter costs are incompatible. Just remove firebreathing="1" and it should work. I know it's boring to activate it multiple times when you need to, but I'm afraid it's necessary.

Just to let you know, DURATION, AI_AVAILABILITY and AUTO_SKIP are related to the whole ability, not just the single ACTION blocks they follow, so repeating them is useless: just stack them all at the end of the ability. Besides, I wouldn't auto-skip this ability: if the AI plays this card against you, you might want to answer before the ability resolves (but without firebreathing this would get even more boring to activate multiple times in a row, so it's up to you to decide).

julianwelton wrote:Apparently my post "looks too spammy for a new user"
This will stop happening after reaching 5 posts.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Could someone please help me fix this card?

Postby julianwelton » 09 Jun 2014, 19:15

thefiremind wrote:I think the problem you are experiencing is due to the fact that firebreathing and counter costs are incompatible. Just remove firebreathing="1" and it should work. I know it's boring to activate it multiple times when you need to, but I'm afraid it's necessary.

Just to let you know, DURATION, AI_AVAILABILITY and AUTO_SKIP are related to the whole ability, not just the single ACTION blocks they follow, so repeating them is useless: just stack them all at the end of the ability. Besides, I wouldn't auto-skip this ability: if the AI plays this card against you, you might want to answer before the ability resolves (but without firebreathing this would get even more boring to activate multiple times in a row, so it's up to you to decide).

julianwelton wrote:Apparently my post "looks too spammy for a new user"
This will stop happening after reaching 5 posts.
Thank you so much! That fixed it.
julianwelton

Re: Could someone please help me fix this card? [Solved]

Postby MC Brodie » 09 Jun 2014, 19:31

Alternatively you could change it to"Remove X plus one +1/+1 counters from creature:".

You could use a generic cost like the Chandra Planeswalker or that one suspend card with an X cost. I don't think it would change much since we can't really copy or interact with abilities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Return to Programming Talk