It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:30

Text Size

Strive Ability (need an opinion about mechanics)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Strive Ability (need an opinion about mechanics)

Postby NeoAnderson » 19 Aug 2014, 16:42

RiiakShiNal wrote:
volrathxp wrote:Strive is one of those mechanics that I'm honestly sure isn't possible, unless its done as an additional cost of some sort, but it would have to know to increase the cost which I do not believe is doable. At least I have yet to see a way to do this.
It can't be done because it has to change the cost based on targets, but has to be cast before targets can be selected.
Hi Riiak my friend, i was just spending some time again on MTG i just read this post about Strive ability, honestly i think it is doable, i read the rules about it, and it doesn't change the casting cost, it is just an additional cost to pay for each additional target.

Here you can find the Strive rules :
Strive is an ability word introduced in Journey into Nyx, where it is connected to the hero theme of the block. A spell with a strive ability lets you pump more mana into it to increase the number of targets. Similar abilities had been featured before on cards like Fireball and some multikicker cards in Zendikar block.
As you cast a spell with strive, you can choose any number of targets, paying an additional cost for each target beyond the first.

Rulings
- You choose how many targets each spell with a strive ability has and what those targets are as you cast it. It’s legal to cast such a spell with no targets, although this is rarely a good idea. You can’t choose the same target more than once for a single strive spell.
- The mana cost and converted mana cost of strive spells don’t change no matter how many targets they have. Strive abilities affect only what you pay. For example, the converted mana cost of Desperate Stand is always 2.
- If all of the spell’s targets are illegal when the spell tries to resolve, it will be countered and none of its effects will happen. If one or more of its targets are legal when it tries to resolve, the spell will resolve and affect only those legal targets. It will have no effect on any illegal targets.
- If such a spell is copied, and the effect that copies the spell allows a player to choose new targets for the copy, the number of targets can’t be changed. The player may change any number of the targets, including all of them or none of them. If, for one of the targets, the player can’t choose a new legal target, then it remains unchanged (even if the current target is illegal).
- If a spell or ability allows you to cast a strive spell without paying its mana cost, you must pay the additional costs for any targets beyond the first.

According with the rules above i made a Strive approximation :

Blinding Flare Rev 2.0 | Open
Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
  <FILENAME text="BLINDING_FLARE_380380" />
  <CARDNAME text="BLINDING_FLARE" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Blinding Flare]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Flamboiement aveuglant]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Fulgor cegador]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Blendendes Leuchtfeuer]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Bagliore Accecante]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[眩しい炎]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[눈이 머는 섬광]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Ослепительная Вспышка]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Clarão Cegante]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="380380" />
  <ARTID value="380380" />
  <ARTIST name="Evan Shipard" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{R}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Sorcery" />
  <EXPANSION value="JOU" />
  <RARITY metaname="U" />
<UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Additional" >
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Strive — Blinding Flare costs {R} more to cast for each target beyond the first.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Obstination — Le Flamboiement aveuglant coûte {R} de plus à lancer pour chaque cible après la première.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Esfuerzo — Lanzar el Fulgor cegador cuesta {R} más por cada objetivo después del primero.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Streben — Das Blendende Leuchtfeuer kostet beim Wirken für jedes Ziel außer dem ersten {R} mehr.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Sforzo — Il Bagliore Accecante costa {R} in più per essere lanciato per ogni bersaglio oltre il primo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[奮励 ― 眩しい炎を唱えるためのコストは、2つ目以降の対象1つにつき{R}多くなる。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[분투 — 눈이 머는 섬광은 한 개를 초과하는 목표의 수만큼 발동하는 데 {R}씩 비용이 더 든다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Стремление — За каждую цель после первой разыгрывание Ослепительной Вспышки стоит на {R} больше.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Esforço — Clarão Cegante custa {R} a mais para ser conjurado para cada alvo além do primeiro.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <COST type="Generic">
    <PREREQUISITE>
    return true
    </PREREQUISITE>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
       local j = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Count()
       j = j - 1
       local Paystring = ""
       local TempString = "{R}"
        for i=1, j do
             Paystring = Paystring.."{R}"
        end
       EffectController():PayManaCost(Paystring)
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
</COST>
</UTILITY_ABILITY>

<SPELL_ABILITY >
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Any number of target creatures can’t block this turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[N’importe quel nombre de créatures ciblées ne peuvent pas bloquer ce tour-ci.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Cualquier cantidad de criaturas objetivo no pueden bloquear este turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Eine beliebige Anzahl an Kreaturen deiner Wahl kann in diesem Zug nicht blocken.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Scegli un qualsiasi numero di creature bersaglio. Quelle creature non possono bloccare in questo turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[望む数のクリーチャーを対象とする。このターン、それらではブロックできない。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[생물을 원하는 수만큼 목표로 정한다. 그 생물들은 이 턴에 방어할 수 없다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Любое количество целевых существ не могут блокировать в этом ходу.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Qualquer número de criaturas alvo não pode bloquear neste turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE_GAIN_CANT_BLOCK" definition="0" compartment="0" up_to="1">
       local i = 1
       local Paystring = "{R}{R}"
       local TempString = "{R}"
       while EffectController():CanPayManaCost(Paystring) do
             i = i + 1
             Paystring = Paystring..TempString
       end
       EffectDC():Set_Int(101,i)
       MTG():SetTargetCount( EffectDC():Get_Int(101) )
 </TARGET>
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
    local filter = ClearFilter()
    filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
          </TARGET_DEFINITION>

<CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6">
    local count = EffectDC():Get_Int(101)
    for i = 0, count-1 do
       local target_card = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0) and EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(i)
       if target_card ~= nil then
          local characteristics = target_card:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
          characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_CANT_BLOCK, 1 )
       end
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
      <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ENEMY_ONLY" />
  </SPELL_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
Update : Fixed the wrong mana paid for additional targets (previous version always make you pay the max amount of mana available)
Attachments
Blinding Flare.zip
Blinding Flare Rev 2.0
(498.92 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Last edited by NeoAnderson on 20 Aug 2014, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
NeoAnderson

Re: Strive Ability

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Aug 2014, 03:04

Another card to test :
Launch the Fleet | Open
  <FILENAME text="LAUNCH_THE_FLEET_380449" />
  <CARDNAME text="LAUNCH_THE_FLEET" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Launch the Fleet]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Déployer la flotte]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Flota a la carga]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Die Flotte aussenden]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Arrembaggio della Flotta]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[船団の出航]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[함대 출진]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Спуск Флота]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Lançar a Frota]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="380449" />
  <ARTID value="380449" />
  <ARTIST name="Karl Kopinski" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{W}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Sorcery" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Strive — Launch the Fleet costs {1} more to cast for each target beyond the first.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Obstination — Déployer la flotte coûte {1} de plus à lancer pour chaque cible après la première.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Esfuerzo — Lanzar Flota a la carga cuesta {1} más por cada objetivo después del primero.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Streben — Die Flotte aussenden kostet beim Wirken für jedes Ziel außer dem ersten {1} mehr.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Sforzo — L’Arrembaggio della Flotta costa {1} in più per essere lanciato per ogni bersaglio oltre il primo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[奮励 ― 船団の出航を唱えるためのコストは、2つ目以降の対象1つにつき{1}多くなる。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[분투 — 함대 출진은 한 개를 초과하는 목표의 수만큼 발동하는 데 {1}씩 비용이 더 든다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Стремление — За каждую цель после первой разыгрывание Спуска Флота стоит на {1} больше.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Esforço — Lançar a Frota custa {1} a mais para ser conjurado para cada alvo além do primeiro.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <COST type="Generic">
    <PREREQUISITE>
    return true
    </PREREQUISITE>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
       j = j - 1
       local Paystring = "{"..j.."}"
       EffectController():PayManaCost(Paystring)
</COST>
</UTILITY_ABILITY>

<SPELL_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Until end of turn, any number of target creatures each gain “Whenever this creature attacks, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.”]]

></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Jusqu’à la fin du tour, n’importe quel nombre de créatures ciblées gagnent chacune « À chaque fois que cette créature attaque, mettez sur le champ de bataille, engagé et attaquant, un

jeton de créature 1/1 blanche Soldat. »]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Hasta el final del turno, cualquier cantidad de criaturas objetivo ganan cada una “Siempre que esta criatura ataque, pon en el campo de batalla una ficha de criatura Soldado blanca 1/1

girada y atacando”.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Bis zum Ende des Zuges erhält eine beliebige Anzahl an Kreaturen deiner Wahl „Immer wenn diese Kreatur angreift, bringe einen 1/1 weißen Soldat-Kreaturenspielstein getappt und angreifend

ins Spiel.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Scegli un qualsiasi numero di creature bersaglio. Ognuna di esse ha “Ogniqualvolta questa creatura attacca, metti sul campo di battaglia una pedina creatura Soldato 1/1 bianca TAPpata e

attaccante” fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[望む数のクリーチャーを対象とする。それらはそれぞれターン終了時まで「このクリーチャーが攻撃するたび、タップ状態で攻撃している白の1/1の兵士・クリーチャー・トークンを1体戦場に出す。」を得る。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[생물을 원하는 수만큼 목표로 정한다. 턴종료까지, 그 생물들은 각각 ‘이 생물이 공격할 때마다, 1/1 백색 병사 생물 토큰 한 개를 탭되어서 공격하고 있는 채로 전장에 놓는다’를 얻는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[До конца хода любое количество целевых существ получают способность «Каждый раз, когда это существо атакует, положите на поле битвы одну фишку существа 1/1 белый Солдат повернутой и

атакующей».]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Até o final do turno, qualquer número de criaturas alvo ganha “Toda vez que esta criatura atacar, coloque no campo de batalha uma ficha de criatura 1/1 branca do tipo Soldado virada e

atacando.”]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE" definition="0" compartment="0" up_to="1">
       local i = 2
       local Paystring = "{"..i.."}"
       while EffectController():CanPayManaCost(Paystring) do
             i = i + 1
             Paystring = "{"..i.."}"
       end
       i = i-1
 </TARGET>
          </TARGET_DEFINITION>

for i = 0, count-1 do
       local target_card = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0) and EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(i)
          characteristics:GrantAbility(1)
       end
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
   <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" />
  </SPELL_ABILITY>

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY resource_id="1">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Whenever this creature attacks, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[ chaque fois que cette créature attaque, mettez sur le champ de bataille, engagé et attaquant, un jeton de créature 1/1 blanche Soldat.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Siempre que esta criatura ataque, pon en el campo de batalla una ficha de criatura Soldado blanca 1/1 girada y atacando.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[mmer wenn diese Kreatur angreift, bringe einen 1/1 weißen Soldat-Kreaturenspielstein getappt und angreifend ins Spiel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ogniqualvolta questa creatura attacca, metti sul campo di battaglia una pedina creatura Soldato 1/1 bianca TAPpata e attaccante” fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Whenever this creature attacks, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Whenever this creature attacks, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Каждый раз, когда это существо атакует, положите на поле битвы одну фишку существа 1/1 белый Солдат повернутой и атакующей.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Toda vez que esta criatura atacar, coloque no campo de batalha uma ficha de criatura 1/1 branca do tipo Soldado virada e atacando.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <TRIGGER value="ATTACKING" simple_qualifier="self" />
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
       local controller = EffectController()
       filter:SetFilterType(FILTER_TYPE_PLAYERS)
       filter:Add( FE_TEAM, OP_NOT, controller:GetTeam() )
       controller:ChooseItem( "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_PLAYER_TO_SOLDIER", EffectDC():Make_Targets(0) )
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local target_player = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0) and EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_PlayerPtr(0)
    if target_player ~= nil then
       MTG():PutTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking( "JOU_T01_NEO_TOKEN_SOLDIER_1_1_W_995380101", 1, EffectController(), target_player )
    end
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
   <TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="JOU_T01_NEO_TOKEN_SOLDIER_1_1_W_995380101" />
   <AI_BASE_SCORE score="750" zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
</CARD_V2>
Attachments
Launch the Fleet.zip
Launch the Fleet XML - TDX - TOKEN
(869.9 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
NeoAnderson

Re: Strive Ability

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Aug 2014, 12:01

Another card to test :
Aerial Formation | Open
  <FILENAME text="AERIAL_FORMATION_380365" />
  <CARDNAME text="AERIAL_FORMATION" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Aerial Formation]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Formation aérienne]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Formación aérea]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Flugformation]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Formazione Aerea]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[空中隊形]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[공습 대형]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Воздушное Построение]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Formação Aérea]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="380365" />
  <ARTID value="380365" />
  <ARTIST name="Zack Stella" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{U}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Instant" />
  <RARITY metaname="C" />
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Strive — Aerial Formation costs {2}{U} more to cast for each target beyond the first.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Obstination — La Formation aérienne coûte {2}{U} de plus à lancer pour chaque cible après la première.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Esfuerzo — Lanzar la Formación aérea cuesta {2}{U} más por cada objetivo después del primero.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Streben — Die Flugformation kostet beim Wirken für jedes Ziel außer dem ersten {2}{U} mehr.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Sforzo — La Formazione Aerea costa {2}{U} in più per essere lanciata per ogni bersaglio oltre il primo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[奮励 ― 空中隊形を唱えるためのコストは、2つ目以降の対象1つにつき{2}{U}多くなる。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[분투 — 공습 대형은 한 개를 초과하는 목표의 수만큼 발동하는 데 {2}{U}씩 비용이 더 든다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Стремление — За каждую цель после первой разыгрывание Воздушного Построения стоит на {2}{U} больше.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Esforço — Formação Aérea custa {2}{U} a mais para ser conjurado para cada alvo além do primeiro.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <COST type="Generic">
    <PREREQUISITE>
    return true
    </PREREQUISITE>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
       j = j - 1
       local PaystringCost = "{U}"
       local PaystringA = ""
       for i = 0, j-1 do
           PaystringA = PaystringA..PaystringCost
       end
       local k = j+j
       local PaystringColourless = "{"..k.."}"
       local PaystringDEF = PaystringColourless..PaystringA
       EffectController():PayManaCost(PaystringDEF)
</COST>
</UTILITY_ABILITY>

<SPELL_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Any number of target creatures each get +1/+1 and gain flying until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[N’importe quel nombre de créatures ciblées gagnent chacune +1/+1 et acquièrent le vol jusqu’à la fin du tour.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Cualquier cantidad de criaturas objetivo obtienen +1/+1 cada una y ganan la habilidad de volar hasta el final del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Eine beliebige Anzahl an Kreaturen deiner Wahl erhält bis zum Ende des Zuges +1/+1 und Flugfähigkeit.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Scegli un qualsiasi numero di creature bersaglio. Ognuna di esse prende +1/+1 e ha volare fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[望む数のクリーチャーを対象とする。それらはそれぞれターン終了時まで+1/+1の修整を受けるとともに飛行を得る。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[생물을 원하는 수만큼 목표로 정한다. 그 생물들은 턴종료까지 각각 +1/+1을 받고 비행을 얻는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Любое количество целевых существ получают по +1/+1 и Полет до конца хода.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Qualquer número de criaturas alvo recebe +1/+1 e ganha voar até o final do turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE" definition="0" compartment="0" up_to="1">
       local i = 2
       local j = 2
       local PaystringColourless = "{"..j.."}"
       local PaystringA = "{U}"
       local PaystringCost = "{U}"
       local PaystringDEF = PaystringCost..PaystringColourless..PaystringA
       while EffectController():CanPayManaCost(PaystringDEF) do
             i = i + 1
             j = j + 2 
             PaystringA = PaystringA..PaystringCost
             PaystringColourless = "{"..j.."}"
             PaystringDEF = PaystringCost..PaystringColourless..PaystringA
       end
       i = i-1
 </TARGET>
          </TARGET_DEFINITION>

for i = 0, count-1 do
          characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_FLYING, 1 )
       end
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
      for i = 0, count-1 do
       characteristics:Power_Add( 1 )
       characteristics:Toughness_Add( 1 )
        end
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
   <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" />
  </SPELL_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
Attachments
Aerial Formation.zip
Aerial Formation
(502.55 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
NeoAnderson

Re: Strive Ability (need an opinion about mechanics)

Postby NeoAnderson » 24 Aug 2014, 22:53

Hey Riiak, don't forget to check this mechanics i need to know your skilled opinion! :D
NeoAnderson

Postby RiiakShiNal » 25 Aug 2014, 00:28

NeoAnderson wrote:Hey Riiak, don't forget to check this mechanics i need to know your skilled opinion! :D
I haven't forgotten (it's on my todo list), but since I don't use UTILITY_ABILITYs that much it's something I'm going to have to test and play around with some to see if there are any issues (and my comp is currently going through an upgrade so I can't do much during, includes playing most games such as DotP).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 25 Aug 2014, 00:45

RiiakShiNal wrote:
NeoAnderson wrote:Hey Riiak, don't forget to check this mechanics i need to know your skilled opinion! :D
I haven't forgotten (it's on my todo list), but since I don't use UTILITY_ABILITYs that much it's something I'm going to have to test and play around with some to see if there are any issues (and my comp is currently going through an upgrade so I can't do much during, includes playing most games such as DotP).
Thanks, i will wait for your opinions.
About UTILITY ABILITYs i have used it to keep the meaning of ADDITIONAL COST of "STRIVE" ability.
I made some tests and i haven't found any issues, but i know that you look always any conditions so your opinion will be helpful.
NeoAnderson

Return to Programming Talk