It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:36

Text Size

Herald of Anafenza

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Herald of Anafenza

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Sep 2014, 14:21

I have a doubt about the second ability of Herald of Anafenza.
It says : Whenever you activate Herald of Anafenza's outlast ability, put a 1/1 white Warrior creature token onto the battlefield
It is referred to the same card instance or it will be activated also if another card instance use outlast ability?
I mean i have 3 Herald of Anafenza onto battlefield, i use Outlast on the first one and it takes the +1 / +1 counter, now about the tokens will produce the token only the card i have activated outlast or all 3 Herald of Anafenza ???
NeoAnderson

Re: Herald of Anafenza

Postby thefiremind » 22 Sep 2014, 15:02

When the name of the card is used, it means "this card". Otherwise they would write "Whenever you activate the outlast ability of any card named Herald of Anafenza".

A good proof is Akron Legionnaire: after removing the Legionnaire creature type and make the errata, they had to specify "creatures named Akron Legionnaire", not just "Akron Legionnaire", which would have been enough if the two versions meant the same.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Herald of Anafenza

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Sep 2014, 15:11

thefiremind wrote:When the name of the card is used, it means "this card". Otherwise they would write "Whenever you activate the outlast ability of any card named Herald of Anafenza".

A good proof is Akron Legionnaire: after removing the Legionnaire creature type and make the errata, they had to specify "creatures named Akron Legionnaire", not just "Akron Legionnaire", which would have been enough if the two versions meant the same.
Thanks for your explanation, i had a doubt and i asked to be sure... :wink:
NeoAnderson

Return to Programming Talk