It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:14

Text Size

2 player freezing bug

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

2 player freezing bug

Postby masterpoker » 19 Jan 2015, 15:25

Hi everyone, first post here so go easy on me. An upfront sorry if this is in the wrong place/shouldn't be asked. I did try searching for details on this error and ways to fix it, but didn't come up with anything.

Me and a buddy play Two Headed Giant a lot, with me on an PS2 controller (USB adapted), and him on the mouse and keyboard. The freeze happens when. 1) I zoom in on a card, and then 2) he clicks on one of his active cards in his hand. At this point my card is zoomed in and I can't use any of the buttons. (Escape on the keyboard doesn't bring up the menu, the game stays frozen with me zoomed in on a card.)

Can someone help us resolve this freeze by telling me what buttons should be pressed (on the keyboard maybe? it just occurred to me his card might actually be playing but we can't see any of it.)

The game in question is DoTP 2013 (with addon DLC, Firemind, and RTR Mod), they all seem installed/working fine. I also have Firemind's corefixes, and some unlocker .WAD's installed.

I don't think the problem is related to the wads or anything, it seems to be a game-wide problem (can confirm later with a vanilla version).

Sorry for the long post, and my personal thanks to the community here. The hard work put into the cards, creations, and management of this place is amazing, you guys truly are ace. :)

PS - If anybody has questions about the setup or more information please just ask, I'll glady provide what I know.
masterpoker

Re: 2 player freezing bug

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jan 2015, 00:54

I believe it is a bug in the game engine (that WotC & Stainless never fixed) because I remember seeing that myself. I don't remember if anyone found a way around that, I do remember that whenever that happened to me (USB PC controller & Mouse+Keyboard), I always had to close the game (force quit from task manager).

I can try to reproduce it later and see if I can come up with anything, but I'm not hopeful for a solution. So don't get your hopes up.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: 2 player freezing bug

Postby masterpoker » 20 Jan 2015, 06:00

Thanks for the reply Riiak.

We did a bit of testing today on it, the easiest way to reproduce is start two headed giant, have player 2 zoom in then have player 1 start clicking their hand (it can be any card, active or not).

I think we can avoid the problem now they we've identified it though, I just make sure not to zoom while he's looking click happy. :)

This might be a good topic to keep if we don't have one about it already, it took us more than a few crashes to figure out why it was happening.
masterpoker

Return to Programming Talk