Help with "Ancient Den" [without manual tapping]

Postby Zambooo » 28 Jan 2015, 14:32

Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
  <FILENAME text="ANCIENT_DEN_205275" />
  <CARDNAME text="ANCIENT_DEN" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Ancient Den]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Ancienne tanière]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Guarida antigua]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Uralte Höhle]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Antro Antico]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[??????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Ancient Den]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Ancient Den]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Covil Antigo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[Ancient Den]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[Ancient Den]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="205275" />
  <ARTID value="A205275" />
  <ARTIST name="Rob Alexander" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, throne of Raksha Golden Cub, destined leader of the leonin prides.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, trône de Raksha Lionceaudor, chef prédestiné des bandes de léonins.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, trono de Raksha Cachorro Dorado, líder predestinado de las manadas leoninas.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, Thronsaal von Raksha Goldjunges, des vorbestimmten Anführers der Leonidenrudel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, trono di Raksha il Cucciolo d’Oro, destinato a diventare il capo dei branchi di leonid.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[???=?????????????????????????????????????????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, throne of Raksha Golden Cub, destined leader of the leonin prides.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, throne of Raksha Golden Cub, destined leader of the leonin prides.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, o trono de Raksha Filhote Dourado, líder predestinado da nata dos leoninos.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, throne of Raksha Golden Cub, destined leader of the leonin prides.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[Taj-Nar, throne of Raksha Golden Cub, destined leader of the leonin prides.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Artifact" />
  <TYPE metaname="Land" />
  <EXPANSION value="HOP" />
  <RARITY metaname="C" />

<STATIC_ABILITY>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[|(L’Ancienne tanière n'est pas un sort.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[|(Uralte Höhle ist kein Zauberspruch.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[|(L’Antro Antico non è una magia.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[(??????????????)]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[|(Covil Antigo não é uma mágica.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[|(Ancient Den isn't a spell.)|]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>

<MANA_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {W} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T}: Ajoutez {W} à votre réserve.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Agrega {W} a tu reserva de maná.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Erhöhe deinen Manavorrat um {W}.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {W} alla tua riserva di mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}:??????·????{W}?????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: {W}? ??? ???? ???.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: ???????? {W} ? ???? ????????? ????.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Adicione {W} à sua reserva de mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[{T}:?{W}?????????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[{T}:?{W}?????????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <PRODUCES amount="{W}" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
the card doesn't appear in the in-game deck editing and makes the game crash whenever I use the Deck it should be in.
I know RSN has coded a version of this card already, but I wanted it to work without "manual tapping" it..
Any help? Damn it should be so easy.. XO
Zambooo

Re: Help with "Ancient Den" [without manual tapping]

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Jan 2015, 16:59

First off, you've lost your encoding. When saving the file, you need to select unicode. If you're using Notepad++, you need to select Encoding->UTF-8 before pasting the text. This is why you have a bunch of ?'s where foreign letters and symbols should be.

Is this for 2014 or 2015? I ask because you mention an in-game deck builder, and that's only available in 2015. If that's the case, then what card are you replacing with this one? Because it's got its own FILENAME and CARDNAME tags. In 2015, you have to replace another card's data with yours. That's why it doesn't show up in the in-game deck-builder. (This is also why we haven't extensively modded 2015, yet.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 28 Jan 2015, 21:31

thanks for the encoding heads up. I knew something was wrong.. but didn't know what :D

the game is 2014: with "in-game deck editing" I meant where you can add/remove the Unlocked Cards :roll: (I don't play the English version of the game so I don't know how to properly call it).

I made a deck with RSN deck builder and included Ancient Den in it. when I open the game to add the "Regular Unlocked" cards the artifact land doesn't show up.. (and the game crashes too when I try to use that Deck, as I mentioned in the first post)
Last edited by Zambooo on 28 Jan 2015, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Zambooo

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Jan 2015, 21:34

Ah, okay. In-game deck editor works, I just read it and thought of 2015. Technically, in-game, it's called the "Deck Manager". Either way, the encoding will cause the issue you had, so if you fix that it should hopefully work.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 28 Jan 2015, 21:42

Thanks a lot. It works now :D
that's weird though.. I coded several cards and I'm sure I forgot the encoding in every single one of them, but it's the first time I got this issue..

anyways, now I'll make sure to check the Enconding, thanks again ;)
Zambooo

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Jan 2015, 22:02

If the files didn't include the foreign languages, then the encoding being wrong might not matter.This might just happen to be the first card you made that had the Japanese localized text.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 Jan 2015, 01:07

Zambooo wrote:Thanks a lot. It works now :D
that's weird though.. I coded several cards and I'm sure I forgot the encoding in every single one of them, but it's the first time I got this issue..

anyways, now I'll make sure to check the Enconding, thanks again ;)
Encoding is one of those common problems, even more experienced modders sometimes forget it (though when they do they usually usually catch it pretty quickly).

Xander9009 wrote:If the files didn't include the foreign languages, then the encoding being wrong might not matter.This might just happen to be the first card you made that had the Japanese localized text.
It doesn't necessarily have to be related to foreign languages in the localized strings, certain characters (yes even some ANSI characters) can cause problems if put into certain places (like the artist name, particularly characters with accent marks and characters that need to be otherwise encoded). Some characters can also cause problems if they are not put into <![CDATA[]]> blocks as they will cause the XML to be malformed. Not that I'm seeing any of those other problems in the code in the OP.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk