It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:44

Text Size

Dragons of Tarkir (Mechanics)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Dragons of Tarkir (Mechanics)

Postby Tejahn » 23 Mar 2015, 06:16

I know that Xander9009 is working on Dragons of Tarkir and I wanted to ask for the codes for the set mechanics. Read below to see what I have working and what's non-working.

Exploit
Sidisi, Undead Vizier.png
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
I definitely have to request this one. I started out using Abattoir Ghoul as a reference but it still didn't work properly after making changes.

Formidable
Shaman of Forgotten Ways.png
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
I thought this card would actually be easy to make since the second ability is based on Biorhythm. However, I can't seem to make the conditions trigger. I did get Stampeding Elk Herd to work though. I'm requesting this one as well.

Megamorph
Aven Sunstriker.png
Aven Sunstriker
As is evident from the screenshot above, I made it so that the Megamorph ability is activated by zooming in on the card and casting it from the keyword rather than some additional text on the card. For me, this looks cleaner and permits the card to look more like its real word counterpart.

Megamorph Overlay Card
Megamorph Overlay Card.png
Megamorph Overlay Card
I still have to change the card text to 'MEGAMORPH' but other than that it works properly. I included some text to remind us why the overlay card is present.

Megamorph Information
Megamorph Information.png
Megamorph Information
This is the UI that appears when you choose to turn the Megamorph card face up. I've still not figured out how to make it read the value so it's showing 'CARD_QUERY_MORPH_1936936946' instead of the text I included.
Tejahn

Re: Dragons of Tarkir (Mechanics)

Postby sweetLu » 23 Mar 2015, 14:11

Shaman of Forgotten Ways is not possible due to the "use this mana only to cast creature spells" part. I have missed quite a bit of the discussion on these threads so maybe someone has figured it out buy the last time I checked it was still an open issue.

Also, I would suggest against putting megamorph anywhere on the morph tokens. It would be telling for the opponents whether the creature is a morph creature or megamorph creature.
sweetLu

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Mar 2015, 14:49

Don't change the text for megamorph on the morph token. It should be identical to the normal morph creatures. Its face-down version shouldn't have ANYTHING to help identify if it's a normal morph creature or a megmorph creature. The only reason it was changed for manifest is because how they're played is public information: an ability of their own vs an ability from a different card. Manifested cards may or may not have the ability to turn face-up. Morph creatures and megamorph creatures always have that ability. That means megamorph needs changed back to morph (the one instance of the word int eh reminder text on the card is what I'm referring to).

@sweetlu: Neo did in fact come up with a way with Riiak's help. We still can't do mana that can only be spent to activate certain abilities, but for casting certain cards works well. (We've just been pretending the mana can only be used for casting certain cards and ignoring the ability restriction entirely.)

For the other abilities, there are apparently still some issues with manifest, so I'm not ready to start, yet. kithkin said he wasn't getting anything happening when he activates the manifest ability on the manifested creatures.

I also need to find and fix the problem in Jeskai Infiltrator and Write into Being.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 23 Mar 2015, 21:05

@sweetLu: There has been a few strides made. And you're right about megamorph. I usually only play 1v1 so that's an oversight on my end.

@Xander9009: Okay. Hopefully we can stabilize manifest by tomorrow evening. Or it can be included in a future update. Keep up the good work!
Tejahn

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Mar 2015, 02:28

Speaking of which, for the sake of consistency, you'd be better off just using the morph token Neo made. This way, no matter where the morph creature comes from, they'll all look the same like they should.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 24 Mar 2015, 02:37

Indeed. I already went back to it.
Tejahn

Return to Programming Talk