It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:45

Text Size

Planeswalker error

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Planeswalker error

Postby addict insane » 06 Jun 2015, 17:02

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but from the community wad, every time I try to play a planeswalker, they go to the graveyard and this error appears:

[lua] [string "ELSPETH_KNIGHTERRANT_CW_174859_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000008fa"]:2: attempt to call global 'PLW_CreateUniqueTokenForEachPlayer' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "AJANI_VENGEANT_CW_266299_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000094c"]:2: attempt to call global 'PLW_CreateUniqueTokenForEachPlayer' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "ELSPETH_KNIGHTERRANT_CW_174859_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000008fa"]:2: attempt to call global 'PLW_CreateUniqueTokenForEachPlayer' (a nil value)

I have a Liliana from another Wad, tried to play her as well, still went to the graveyard, though this error did'nt show up on her.

Any idea how to fix this? I have a ton of planeswalkers and can't play any.

-------------------------------

On another note, every Cabal Therapy that I have, from different wads, when played, runs the effect of discarding the card 'named' if the opponent has it, but doesn't run the effect of showing you their hand. This almost completely ruins the point of CAbal Therapy having flashback.

Don't know if any of you still roam around these forums, but would appreciate the help.
addict insane

Re: Planeswalker error

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Jun 2015, 20:30

addict insane wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but from the community wad, every time I try to play a planeswalker, they go to the graveyard and this error appears:

[lua] [string "AJANI_VENGEANT_CW_266299_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000094c"]:2: attempt to call global 'PLW_CreateUniqueTokenForEachPlayer' (a nil value)

I have a Liliana from another Wad, tried to play her as well, still went to the graveyard, though this error did'nt show up on her.

Any idea how to fix this? I have a ton of planeswalkers and can't play any.

-------------------------------

On another note, every Cabal Therapy that I have, from different wads, when played, runs the effect of discarding the card 'named' if the opponent has it, but doesn't run the effect of showing you their hand. This almost completely ruins the point of CAbal Therapy having flashback.

Don't know if any of you still roam around these forums, but would appreciate the help.
There are lots of people roaming around the forums. However, if you want help with an error on a card from the CW, you should post it either in the CW thread or https://sites.google.com/site/dotpcommu ... port-a-bug

Do you have the latest version of the CW? It's updated every single day with fixes. I don't recall that particular issue with planeswalkers, but it might be fixed in an update. Also, do you have Neo's planeswalker mod, or the one from the planeswalker thread? If so, try deleting those for now and testing again. The CW isn't meant to be played alongside the mods it replaces.

As for Cabal Therapy, I'll look into making it reveal the hand properly when I get a chance.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 06 Jun 2015, 22:23

Thanks, Xander, for the quick reply.

I haven't downloaded any other planeswalker mods. Besides the CW, all I have is one mod with the single liliana that also dies immediately.

I downloaded the CW probably a month ago. In case I download it again, should I download the entirety of the art files (which is huge, and I have third world country internet) or do I just have to download the WAD with the card information?

I was hoping that the planeswalker error could be fixed by manually modifying the code. I'll go post about it where you said.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Jun 2015, 03:12

addict insane wrote:Thanks, Xander, for the quick reply.

I haven't downloaded any other planeswalker mods. Besides the CW, all I have is one mod with the single liliana that also dies immediately.

I downloaded the CW probably a month ago. In case I download it again, should I download the entirety of the art files (which is huge, and I have third world country internet) or do I just have to download the WAD with the card information?

I was hoping that the planeswalker error could be fixed by manually modifying the code. I'll go post about it where you said.
Don't worry about posting it there; handling it here's fine. Just so you know in the future.

You only ever need to update the core. The art has changed, and you might be missing some card images. However, even though that might be annoying, it won't hurt anything. Everything will work just fine.

I would try removing the mod that added Liliana, too. Not permanently, just temporarily. Move it to another folder so the game won't load it, and move any decks that use it, too.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 13 Jun 2015, 04:45

Xander: You were right. By installing the updated version of the community wad my planeswalkers now work. The problem with cabal therapy is still the same though.

Will report that and a mayor of avabruck bug I just found.
addict insane

Return to Programming Talk