It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:32

Text Size

Community Wad Progress

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Community Wad Progress

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Sep 2016, 14:10

This isn't really a "programming" topic, but there's not a very good place for general discussion, so here's where it's going.

I did in fact work on a progress spreadsheet in Google Sheets. I even got it working pretty well after only about a day. However, I ran into a small snag. The issue was that the menu functions I made for it appear to try to run under the account of the person viewing the sheet rather than my account. This means that, even though it never tries to access personal or private files (it's hard-linked to the my folder with the folder's ID, so it doesn't even interact with my personal files), it still thinks that's what's going on. So, I asked for assistance on Google's forums, but I didn't get a helpful reply.

So, be warned that if you try to run the functions, then it'll ask for authorization, and there's nothing I can about that, except to say that if you don't like that, you can still view the sheet, you just can't run the functions that update the sheet.

I'm still planning to do a little bit more work on these, since currently the functions aren't helpful to anyone else anyway. That's because they rely on a certain set of files I've created which list out any and all cards for every set, and then mark those cards as done, not done, core cards (base game), or impossible. My Google Sheets script functions can parse all of this and turn it into a spreadsheet we can actually work with.

The things I'm currently planning to change are to create a link to the cards' gatherer entries, make my local files update as new cards are added through the Auto-Upload folder (so the spreadsheet can update daily, or hourly, or on command), and maybe add in some more information.

So, without further ado, here's the spreadsheet. Please have a look and let me know what needs altered.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Note that while only those with edit access to the CW can actually change the sheet, anyone can comment on it. So, let me know what you think.
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Community Wad Progress

Postby Splinterverse » 23 Sep 2016, 15:17

I love it and will be doing it once I'm done with Kaladesh.

Thanks for doing this!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby migookman » 23 Sep 2016, 15:39

I like it also. It has all the information that I look for. Would it be possible to add that to the opening post to the CW and a link for updated information?
migookman

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Sep 2016, 15:44

migookman wrote:I like it also. It has all the information that I look for. Would it be possible to add that to the opening post to the CW and a link for updated information?
I'm planning to add it to the CW after it's been tested a bit more. I want to get it fully automated first and see how it does. The only thing that can't be fully automated is determining which cards are impossible (which is still not currently done, I've actually been using your missing cards list for that, so thanks). But once it's automated, I'll add it the OP of the CW thread.

I'm glad you both like it, though. If you can think of anything to change, feel free to let me know.

EDIT: Completely irrelevant, but you guys might find it amusing if you didn't notice it. After 3 more cards are added to the CW, it will have 12345 cards coded...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 02 Oct 2016, 22:24

Xander -- does your spreadsheet update on a schedule? If it's a manual thing, would you mind updating it?

Also, is there any way to track which cards are missing art altogether? Also, listing which ones only have LQ or which ones have animation would be awesome! (I know that would be work to make happen, so no rush.)
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Oct 2016, 19:41

Updated. And thanks for the prompting. I'm going to work tonight (already started) on making it automated. It'll update somewhere between midnight and 1 AM (Google's time driven triggers don't allow for a more specific daily trigger). I'm also in the process of making the CW update just before midnight, so the repacking time will be more consistent.
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk