It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:56

Text Size

Auto Land fill

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Auto Land fill

Postby Markozilek » 09 Jul 2018, 14:35

Hello

What to do if i make a deck like modern Affinity with 60 cards.

i added 1 basic island or mountain.

then if i stat a game my deck has over 60 cards and i find myself some basics i dond added.

what can i do?
Markozilek

Re: Auto Land fill

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Jul 2018, 22:08

In the deck builder, load up the deck and open the deck properties. There's a field for ignoring cards with a cmc over -1. Change that to 0.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Markozilek » 10 Jul 2018, 05:24

thanks
I will try it today.

Yesterday i was building modern Jund with 15 creatures 21 spells en 24 lands. when i saved it and exported it i'll get 4 basic instead of 3 and the deckmanager in game tells me that i have 60 cards so if i remove 1 basic i have 59 cards?

and with modern merfolk i got ingame deckmanager 70 cards and 13 basic's and if i count the cards it should be oke and if i play a game it's not that i flow in mana.
Markozilek

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Jul 2018, 09:46

The way the game decides which lands to fill in is a little bit flawed. For the most part, it works well. However, it doesn't actually check the cards to see how many basic lands it should add so much as simply count them. Basic lands you add manually to the deck (so they're actually listed in the deck builder) are counted as normal cards. If you want a 60 card deck, then the best thing to do is to add in all of the non-basic lands and let the game add the basic lands. It'll add basic lands until the deck contains 60 cards. If it's already at or above 60, it'll run into errors when adding lands, and will add lots of land. To avoid this, you can tell the game not to add any by changing the setting I mentioned. You can use that same screen to tell it how many of each basic land to add, also. If you've got 36 non-basic-land cards, and you need 12 forests and 12 mountains, you can set those two fields to 12 and it'll add those. If it can't add all of them (e.g., if you tell it to add 14 of each, 'cause it will only add until the deck hits 60), then it's not as reliable. I don't think it carefully keeps to the ratio given, though it might. Anyway, setting that to 0 and manually adding lands will prevent it from adding basic lands at all (unless it's less than 60 cards).
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk