It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:41

Text Size

Talk about new cards here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Talk about new cards here

Postby sweetLu » 29 Jul 2015, 18:13

Yes the only way to get a card like this to work is if the player uses Riiaks activated ability approximation for manual mana. There is no way for the game to distinguish a land that auto taps for mana vs a land tapped by something like a Pestermite.
sweetLu

Postby cenarius » 30 Jul 2015, 07:37

sweetLu wrote:Yes the only way to get a card like this to work is if the player uses Riiaks activated ability approximation for manual mana. There is no way for the game to distinguish a land that auto taps for mana vs a land tapped by something like a Pestermite.
Damn, what a shame. It would have been fun :(

Thaks for the reply ;)
cenarius

Postby migookman » 03 Aug 2015, 05:32

I'm trying to make Gemini Engine but am having problems with the token being put on the battlefield using the following:
Code: Select all
MTG():PutPTTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking( "TOKEN_TWIN_AC_X_X_C_CW_1", 1, EffectController(), power, toughness )
PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield works fine but it doesn't put the token onto the battlefield when adding 'TappedandAttacking'.
migookman

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Aug 2015, 05:45

migookman wrote:I'm trying to make Gemini Engine but am having problems with the token being put on the battlefield using the following:
Code: Select all
MTG():PutPTTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking( "TOKEN_TWIN_AC_X_X_C_CW_1", 1, EffectController(), power, toughness )
PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield works fine but it doesn't put the token onto the battlefield when adding 'TappedandAttacking'.
PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield is a function. PutTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking is also a function. But PutPTTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking is not a function. Since the attacking bit can't be easily faked, I'd suggest faking the PT. Either make the token a 1/1 or 0/1 or something and then set its PT the moment it's made, or use PutTokenCopiesOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking. Unfortunately, it'll have the wrong name which may cause problems in some cases. Using that method, you'd also have problems with types and other stuff, so first I'd try the PutTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking and changing the PT.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby migookman » 03 Aug 2015, 06:52

Would it be possible to code the token 'TWIN' to come into the battlefield tapped and attacking? Then the PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield function would work well (that part already tested).
migookman

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Aug 2015, 07:13

migookman wrote:Would it be possible to code the token 'TWIN' to come into the battlefield tapped and attacking? Then the PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield function would work well (that part already tested).
You can make it enter tapped, but there's no way to make it enter tapped and attacking from its own code. At least, not that I know of.

One thing you could try (and I HIGHLY doubt it will work) is to use PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield and store the pointer to the created token in a chest. Then, on the token's pointer, call PutOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking. I doubt it'll work, though. It's meant to be for cards not already on the battlefield, but depending on how the developers coded the function, there is a slight chance it will make a card that's already on the battlefield immediately attack. Keep in mind the this function should, just like PutTokensOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking, require the player to attack as one of the parameters.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 03 Aug 2015, 08:26

Xander9009 wrote:One thing you could try (and I HIGHLY doubt it will work) is to use PutPTTokensOntoBattlefield and store the pointer to the created token in a chest. Then, on the token's pointer, call PutOntoBattlefieldTappedAndAttacking. I doubt it'll work, though.
I did this for Flash Foliage (of course, blocking instead of attacking), and it was behaving strangely, basically the creatures blocked by the Saproling dealt their damage as though they had trample. So, if you want to go down this road, test it carefully, because it may act strange.

Also notice that the text for Gemini Engine doesn't say "tapped", it just says "attacking". I happened to watch a YouTube video of a MTGO Mirrodin draft and I saw the token come to the battlefield untapped and attacking, so I guess it was right (MTGO had another bug regarding that token, I think it wasn't dealing damage, but that's another story).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 24 Jul 2019, 20:54

Do we still need this thread pinned? Last comment was from 2015. We're down to 330 missing cards and under 400 impossible ones.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Previous

Return to Programming Talk