It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:26

Text Size

Report cards error here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Report cards error here

Postby Bonktacular » 10 Aug 2016, 18:39

Oh, woah! Sorry about that! Thank you for the tool. ^^; I had the thread loaded up on my phone and for some reason, probably being tired, just figured that there would be one response to my reply overnight. You guys are sneaky.

Seriously, though. You rock. =x I'll give it all a go and hopefully it doesn't end in tears!

Edit 1: Holy shnikes! I wasn't expecting that much automation out of this. Do you have a job? Do they appreciate you? They'd better. They better pay you more. I'll have to wait a couple hours before I can properly test the produced wads, but that was... I'd fully expected to spend the better part of this afternoon digging through wads and art!
Bonktacular

Postby Bonktacular » 11 Aug 2016, 01:54

Been playing around with it for most of the afternoon, and I've found a scenario that might end up causing some problems. If you have a wad file for a deck that has a list of unlocks, the tool doesn't consider these and could produce a crashable deck. So far it seems like it's holding up in multiplayer, but I haven't been able to test it beyond one person.
Bonktacular

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2016, 02:14

Bonktacular wrote:Oh, woah! Sorry about that! Thank you for the tool. ^^; I had the thread loaded up on my phone and for some reason, probably being tired, just figured that there would be one response to my reply overnight. You guys are sneaky.

Seriously, though. You rock. =x I'll give it all a go and hopefully it doesn't end in tears!

Edit 1: Holy shnikes! I wasn't expecting that much automation out of this. Do you have a job? Do they appreciate you? They'd better. They better pay you more. I'll have to wait a couple hours before I can properly test the produced wads, but that was... I'd fully expected to spend the better part of this afternoon digging through wads and art!
Bonktacular wrote:Been playing around with it for most of the afternoon, and I've found a scenario that might end up causing some problems. If you have a wad file for a deck that has a list of unlocks, the tool doesn't consider these and could produce a crashable deck. So far it seems like it's holding up in multiplayer, but I haven't been able to test it beyond one person.
I'm glad you appreciate it. :) I didn't think about unlocks since I never deal with them. The game doesn't seem to save unlocked cards from custom decks or card swapping, so I don't tend to consider that.

I don't recall offhand precisely how unlock lists are stored, but when I get my laptop back on (just got home from helping my parents out, and now I'm heading to bed), I'll look into it and make sure it'll include those files. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to fix.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Bonktacular » 11 Aug 2016, 02:47

Xander9009 wrote:I'm glad you appreciate it. :) I didn't think about unlocks since I never deal with them. The game doesn't seem to save unlocked cards from custom decks or card swapping, so I don't tend to consider that.

I don't recall offhand precisely how unlock lists are stored, but when I get my laptop back on (just got home from helping my parents out, and now I'm heading to bed), I'll look into it and make sure it'll include those files. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to fix.
The unlock files are stored in the DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS folder as UNLOCKS. Though, you are right it's definitely not going to save any changes made with the list. I'm actually using this as a means to introduce a couple people to the game, so giving them the choices of swapping cards is a bit more friendly than the base decklists from the older games I'd put together. Whenever you get to it. :) I'll stop filling this thread with nonsense about your tool.

Phrasing!

I guess it really depends on how it was constructed to begin with. I've removed the GXSC 2012 decks from my client, and will end up doing them by hand, but it seems to be solid so far. :)
Last edited by Bonktacular on 11 Aug 2016, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Bonktacular

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2016, 18:35

Bonktacular wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:I'm glad you appreciate it. :) I didn't think about unlocks since I never deal with them. The game doesn't seem to save unlocked cards from custom decks or card swapping, so I don't tend to consider that.

The unlock files are stored in the DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS folder as UNLOCKS. Though, you are right it's definitely not going to save any changes made with the list. I'm actually using this as a means to introduce a couple people to the game, so giving them the choices of swapping cards is a bit more friendly than the base decklists from the older games I'd put together. Whenever you get to it. :) I'll stop filling this thread with nonsense about your tool.

Phrasing!
That's a good way to do it, I think. Also, I was not expecting that. You made me laugh loud enough that my roommate was curious.

Version 2 is uploaded (in the same post as the original). It now accounts for unlocks and promos. I checked that it included the right cards, and I removed that accidentally included message box at the start that I'd made to make sure the INI was being read right.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Bonktacular » 11 Aug 2016, 19:54

Fantastic update. :D I'd throw this into your tools section for the Drive.

Now to get back to the actual thread topic. I've found that Pyromancer's Gauntlet doesn't quite interact with red planeswalker damage, specifically tested would be Chandra, Pyromaster and Chandra, Roaring Flame. Looks like they don't trigger on players. They may not trigger on creatures, either, but the targets were either illusions or too weak to survive the 1 or 2 damage inflicted.
Edit: Removed information that would be better suited for another thread.
Bonktacular

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2016, 23:43

Bonktacular wrote:Fantastic update. :D I'd throw this into your tools section for the Drive.

Now to get back to the actual thread topic. I've found that Pyromancer's Gauntlet doesn't quite interact with red planeswalker damage, specifically tested would be Chandra, Pyromaster and Chandra, Roaring Flame. Looks like they don't trigger on players. They may not trigger on creatures, either, but the targets were either illusions or too weak to survive the 1 or 2 damage inflicted.
Edit: Removed information that would be better suited for another thread.
Pyromancer's Gauntlet is fixed.

I was actually planning to get it put in there. I just wanted to give it a chance to be tested first. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Bonktacular » 12 Aug 2016, 16:17

I've also noticed that redirecting damage to planeswalkers doesn't function right, as instants/sorceries/permanent abilities simply do no damage when you select the planeswalker as the recipient of damage. Came up when playing against my friend's red burn deck. Likely reproducable against AI, but they have to actually play one first. @_@

Though, I'm not sure why, a common occurrence when doing the multiplayer tests to see if I got things right is that cards that produce 'one mana of any color' or multiple mana of that color cause the game to begin syncing and lagging horribly between clients. Things like Cavern of Souls, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and Sliver Hive have something that they call that just doesn't translate between clients very well. Possibly something to store in your thoughts if you get the time.

Edit: Looks like whenever an ability tries to hit a planeswalker it calls 'PLW_DealDamageToPlaneswalker', but doesn't find it.
Bonktacular

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Aug 2016, 04:52

Cavern of Souls and Sliver Hive have restricted mana, which sets them apart from other mana sources in a major way. Normal mana sources require maybe 50 lines of code (which is rather high for such a basic ability, but that's only because the game doesn't inherently support manual mana). Restricted mana requires hundreds of lines of code, and it's very complex. The sheer length of the code and the number of function calls might be the cause of their issues in multiplayer. Unfortunately, I know of absolutely no way to correct this kind of issue.

Also, PLW_DealDamageToPlaneswalker is a function I made awhile back because things that were supposed to be able to damage planeswalkers couldn't actually do so. Somewhere along the chain of updates over the last few months, the file that function was written in was overwritten with a copy that didn't have the function, so it disappeared. I added it back in a few days ago (I think I might have actually done so the day you posted that, or perhaps the day after). So, those cards should be working again.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to Programming Talk