It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:24

Text Size

Suggestions about files management

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Suggestions about files management

Postby logoliv » 29 Aug 2010, 16:49

Hi all,

I think it will be better to find things if each coder has his own permanent text, like it's done with dueltime text.
It seems normal for informations like deck names and cards specific text to be in the corresponding expansion file.

Perhaps we could do a common file for all the general actions questions and answers, but using a normalized standard, like : PUT_CARD_FROM_GRAVEYARD_TO_HAND for "Put a card from your graveyard in your hand"...
logoliv

Re: Suggestions about files management

Postby Yanna » 29 Aug 2010, 21:13

Heya !

If i'm correct, since you moved your text into a separate file, it has trouble finding some strings (check your deck names).
This is a nice idea but i wonder if we could split appart the community text file :?:
Yanna

Postby logoliv » 29 Aug 2010, 22:07

Sorry I forgot to update the repository with my new decks names ! Done :)
I also omitted to say to other modders that _DECK_ in the deck names are unnecessary since they already have the number of the expansion at the beginning and are in the Decks folder (not the case of _AI_ which is obviously here to mean that it's a AI playable deck)
logoliv

Postby logoliv » 30 Aug 2010, 22:03

@ pun1sher666 :

please don't change the code format in cards, every coder has his own preferences and I don't like so much your format (far too much empty lines, and the code indentation is not correct with Notepad...)

thanks in advance [-o<
logoliv

Postby pun1sher666 » 31 Aug 2010, 23:27

Noticed !
Anyway i don't have time right now to code anything, i'm with a lot of work (... september :s)
I won't change your code format anymore promise !
Just to keep in mind that every one is coding on the same repository so it's important to think about others developers with trying to have a readable code format.
As long the code is organized, no problem !
If you don't want any problem with your indentation you can use Notepad++, it's perfect to edit cards !

best regards,

pun1sher.
pun1sher666

Postby logoliv » 01 Sep 2010, 16:14

thanks for your answer :)

the code indentation is fine with Notepad using my code format ;) but Wordpad does well with other cards
anyway, I didn't wanted to install Notepad++ neither Excel (I use Notepad to edit my dueltime text file)
logoliv

Return to Programming Talk