It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:51

Text Size

DOTP 2013 AI can combo complex cards....VIDEO uploaded

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP 2013 AI can combo complex cards....VIDEO uploaded

Postby kevlahnota » 29 Jun 2012, 06:45

Hi, I just noticed that the AI will now combo complex cards now :D :D :D

Given the cards have correct AI base score and a proper code, the AI will use it.

here's a small video( recorded with fraps, speed 2x because AI thinks a lot during the game on how to win... anyway it still faster than the old engine. AI gets 2 - 3 minutes to figure the combo :mrgreen: )

Dreams Halls is already in play hard casted by AI.

old screen shot | Open
here's a screen of my second deck used by AI. after it cast Dream Halls, the AI targets me with Cruel Ultimatum discarding Progenitus, then cast a second Progenitus after drawing it... maybe its a GOD Draw of the AI.... it even counter spell dangerous cards (FOW :twisted: )

kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: DOTP 2013 AI can combo complex cards....VIDEO uploaded

Postby kevlahnota » 29 Jun 2012, 08:07

Video Proof on first post.

I think modded decks that AI can handle very well is very much of possibility in DOTP 2013. :mrgreen:
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 29 Jun 2012, 08:39

kevlahnota wrote:Given the cards have correct AI base score
I didn't pay much attention about it, but if you think it's really useful to give the cards the correct AI base score... how can we decide it? Do we have to scroll through all the core cards and choose the closest to our new one?
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 29 Jun 2012, 08:57

thefiremind wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:Given the cards have correct AI base score
I didn't pay much attention about it, but if you think it's really useful to give the cards the correct AI base score... how can we decide it? Do we have to scroll through all the core cards and choose the closest to our new one?
well you look a close match for the cards ability, and give priority to those cards. example when demonic tutor is cast by AI, what he will find? cards that have much higher base score on hand (example <AI_BASE_SCORE score="1200" zone="ZONE_HAND" /> ) will likely get priority than other cards depending on what the AI thinks the best. on DOTP 2010, I tried forcing the base score on 5000 and always get that card but always cause trouble(Oath of Druids deck, etc). Now on DOTP 2013, we must specify if the card has a base score, and what score it will have.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Pesi » 30 Jun 2012, 12:19

I wanted to bring up the article on dotp AI (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... feature/44), paragraph "Dismissal of Unnecessary Actions".

An idea I had was a deck with Counterbalance and Descendant of Soramaro. Unfortunately for the AI, due to it controlling the Counterbalance trigger, it won't activate Descendant of Soramaro's ability in response. I don't know if this has changed with dotp2013...

*Has no idea how to finish this post properly*
Pesi

Return to Programming Talk