It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:57

Text Size

Kinship ability - basic method

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Kinship ability - basic method

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Jul 2012, 06:48

well here is a sample of basic Kinship ability. Hope this is useful.
the code checks whether the instance of the card with kinship ability (the card itself) has any subtypes of the chosen card. Now I don't have any idea if this works with cards that has changeling ability. I just think that GetSubType returns a table of
subtypes with values 1 or 0. something like on or off.

this is what I think:
subtypes = {CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN=0,CREATURE_TYPE_TREEFOLK=1,...}

something like that.

example code for Leaf-Crowned Elder:
Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="LEAFCROWNED_ELDER_888152682" />
  <CARDNAME text="LEAFCROWNED_ELDER" />
  <TITLE>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="888152682" />
  <ARTID value="888152682" />
  <ARTIST name="Wayne Reynolds" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{2}{G}{G}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Treefolk" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Shaman" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <EXPANSION value="DPG" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
  <POWER value="3" />
  <TOUGHNESS value="5" />
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP" simple_qualifier="controller">
    return ( (MTG():GetStep() == STEP_UPKEEP) and (TriggerPlayer() == EffectController()) and (TriggerPlayer():MyTurn() ~= 0) and (TriggerPlayer():Library_GetNth(0) ~= nil))
    </TRIGGER>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local filter = Object():GetFilter() 
    local player = EffectController()   
    filter:Clear() 
    filter:NotTargetted() 
    filter:SetPlayer( player ) 
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_LIBRARY ) 
    filter:SetPortion( 1 ) 
    player:SetTargetCount( 1 ) 
    player:SetTargetPrompt( 0, "CARD_QUERY_PLAY" ) 
    player:ChooseTargetsWithFlags( NO_VALIDATION, EffectDC():Make_Targets(0), QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY + QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY_FOR_AI_AS_WELL )   
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local spell = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)   
    if ( spell ~= nil ) then   
      local effectSource = Object()
      local spellSubtypes = spell:GetSubType()

filter:SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )
      filter:SetSubTypes( spellSubtypes )
      filter:SetController( player )
      filter:SetCardInstance( effectSource )
      filter:AddExtra( FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE )
      local mycount = filter:Count()
      if mycount &gt; 0 then
         if spell:CanBePlayed( player ) then
            spell:PlayFreeFromAnywhere( player )
         end
      end
    end
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="600" zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
</CARD_V2>

kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: Kinship ability - basic method

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Jul 2012, 07:21

just additional info, you can test lua code online here: http://www.lua.org/cgi-bin/demo

if you put this code below and run, its a sample of what I think inside the tables from GetSubType().

local function findme(table, element)
  for _, value in pairs(table) do
    if value == element then
      return true
    end
  end
  return false
end

a1 = {CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN=1,CREATURE_TYPE_ANGEL=1,CREATURE_TYPE_MERFOLK=1}

b1 = {CREATURE_TYPE_MERFOLK=0,CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN=1}

local element = nil
local found = 0

for element in pairs (b1) do
    if findme(a1, b1[element]) ~= false then
    found=found+1
    end
end

print(found)
I tried putting it and the game runs without error (of course slightly modified code) but you can only play it if they have the same subtypes :?: :?: .

<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if ( spell ~= nil ) then   
      local effectSourceSubtypes = Object():GetSubType()
      local found = 0
      local obj_element = nil

local function findme(table, element)
         for _, value in pairs(table) do
            if value == element then
               return true
            end
         end
         return false
      end

for obj_element in pairs (spellSubtypes) do
         if findme(effectSourceSubtypes, spellSubtypes[obj_element]) ~= false then
            found=found+1
         end
      end

if found &gt; 0 then
         end
      end
    end
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 22 Jul 2012, 08:47

kevlahnota wrote:I tried putting it and the game runs without error (of course slightly modified code) but you can only play it if they have the same subtypes :?: :?: .
Does this mean that Leaf-Crowned Elder still has some flaw? I can't understand if you managed to fix it 100% or not. :? If you need something that surely works, you could try to make a function like this:
ShareAnySubType = function(object1, object2)
-- returns true if object1 and object2 share at least one sub-type
-- (only for creature sub-types, it could be extended if needed)
   if object1 == nil or object2 == nil then
      return false
   end
   local min = CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN
   local max = CREATURE_TYPE_GERM -- this could change in the future (hopefully not)
   for i=min,max do
      if object1:GetSubType():Test(i) ~= 0 and object2:GetSubType():Test(i) ~= 0 then
         return true
      end
   end
   return false
end
After all, you have to make an iteration in your function, too, so I don't think that the performance would be much worse.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2012, 13:03

This should also work as it asks the filter if the top card of the library has any sub-type in common with the Object:
RSN_Kinship = function()
   if (EffectController():Library_Count() > 0) then
      local oFilter = Object():GetFilter()
      oFilter:Clear()
      oFilter:SetZone( ZONE_LIBRARY )
      oFilter:SetPlayer( EffectController() )
      oFilter:SetSubTypes( Object():GetSubType() )
      oFilter:AddExtra( FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE )
      oFilter:SetPortion( 1 )
      return (oFilter:CountStopAt( 1 ) == 1)
   else
      return false
   end
end
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 22 Jul 2012, 13:26

RiiakShiNal wrote:This should also work as it asks the filter if the top card of the library has any sub-type in common with the Object
I'm always in doubt about what FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE really means, but thinking about Alpha Status from DotP2012, I think it should be correct.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2012, 14:54

thefiremind wrote:I'm always in doubt about what FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE really means, but thinking about Alpha Status from DotP2012, I think it should be correct.
FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE seems to work perfectly well for counting cards that share at least one sub type with those that have been added to the filter (either through SetSubTypes or AddSubType) and I use it for a couple of cards like Coat of Arms and Quest for Ula's Temple.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Jul 2012, 23:52

thanks for the tips guys :D , the flaw of my code is what if the effectsource leaves play, then I have a problem, but if inverting the check that way I think it will be good. :D
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby nabeshin » 25 Jul 2012, 21:28

it is pleasant to read your works, prompt who knows as to copy tokens without entering them into game, crushes constantly take off. Can the last patch is necessary? wanted to put the morphing in a new part, it did not turn out... but suspend is easily done.
nabeshin

Postby thefiremind » 25 Jul 2012, 21:37

nabeshin wrote:prompt who knows as to copy tokens without entering them into game
From what we tested, it seems impossible. The best workaround so far is to make the token without types, so that it doesn't trigger anything and it stays invisible: you can put it in play for a brief moment, just to copy it, then you remove it from the game. If you need to give it types, you can give them from a CONTINUOUS_ACTION.
If you ever find a better method, please keep all of us informed. :wink:

Oh and about suspend, I made something:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7623
the problem is that the AI won't suspend anything if I don't force it with a trigger.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby nabeshin » 25 Jul 2012, 22:41

thefiremind wrote:
nabeshin wrote:prompt who knows as to copy tokens without entering them into game
From what we tested, it seems impossible. The best workaround so far is to make the token without types, so that it doesn't trigger anything and it stays invisible: you can put it in play for a brief moment, just to copy it, then you remove it from the game. If you need to give it types, you can give them from a CONTINUOUS_ACTION.
If you ever find a better method, please keep all of us informed. :wink:

Oh and about suspend, I made something:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7623
the problem is that the AI won't suspend anything if I don't force it with a trigger.
thx for hints, it means the only option at the moment :( special card.
nabeshin

Postby nabeshin » 27 Jul 2012, 14:16

kevlahnota wrote:well here is a sample of basic Kinship ability. Hope this is useful.
the code checks whether the instance of the card with kinship ability (the card itself) has any subtypes of the chosen card. Now I don't have any idea if this works with cards that has changeling ability. I just think that GetSubType returns a table of
subtypes with values 1 or 0. something like on or off.

this is what I think:
subtypes = {CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN=0,CREATURE_TYPE_TREEFOLK=1,...}

something like that.

example code for Leaf-Crowned Elder:
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="LEAFCROWNED_ELDER_888152682" />
  <CARDNAME text="LEAFCROWNED_ELDER" />
  <TITLE>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Leaf-Crowned Elder]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="888152682" />
  <ARTID value="888152682" />
  <ARTIST name="Wayne Reynolds" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{2}{G}{G}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Treefolk" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Shaman" order_de-DE="0" order_es-ES="0" order_fr-FR="0" order_it-IT="0" order_jp-JA="0" order_ko-KR="0" order_pt-BR="0" order_ru-RU="0" />
  <EXPANSION value="DPG" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />
  <POWER value="3" />
  <TOUGHNESS value="5" />
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
     <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[|Kinship| — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Leaf-Crowned Elder, you may reveal it. If you do, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP" simple_qualifier="controller">
    return ( (MTG():GetStep() == STEP_UPKEEP) and (TriggerPlayer() == EffectController()) and (TriggerPlayer():MyTurn() ~= 0) and (TriggerPlayer():Library_GetNth(0) ~= nil))
    </TRIGGER>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    filter:SetPlayer( player ) 
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_LIBRARY ) 
    filter:SetPortion( 1 ) 
    player:SetTargetCount( 1 ) 
    player:SetTargetPrompt( 0, "CARD_QUERY_PLAY" ) 
    player:ChooseTargetsWithFlags( NO_VALIDATION, EffectDC():Make_Targets(0), QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY + QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY_FOR_AI_AS_WELL )   
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if ( spell ~= nil ) then   
      local effectSource = Object()

filter:SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )
      filter:SetSubTypes( spellSubtypes )
      filter:SetController( player )
      filter:SetCardInstance( effectSource )
      filter:AddExtra( FILTER_EXTRA_ANY_SUB_TYPE )
      local mycount = filter:Count()
      if mycount &gt; 0 then
         end
      end
    end
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="600" zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
</CARD_V2>

sorry bro, GetSubType return table with pointer to userdata variable (c-class obj, its contains methods and data for subtype obj, 8-[ )
nabeshin

Return to Programming Talk