It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:48

Text Size

Commune with Nature

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Commune with Nature

Postby Xana » 14 Aug 2012, 16:10

Hey

I currently have a working version of this card, that just finds any creature cards among the top five cards in the library and saves them in a chest, this chest is then used for the player to select a creature card from.

What i would love to do was to actually display all 5 cards and only have the player select a creature card among those, is this possible, tried several different combinations of choosetargetsfromDC but with a filter before, and with a target definition but none of them seemed to work.

Anyone have an idea as to how this can be achieved, assuming of course that it is possible.
Xana

Re: Commune with Nature

Postby RiiakShiNal » 14 Aug 2012, 17:16

It should be possible, though you shouldn't need to use a DC and it would probably require that the player have on the option to search entire library (instead of just the applicable cards). You can use filter:SetPortion(5) to choose from only the first 5 cards of the library (and even then it will only allow the player to choose from the valid cards).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xana » 14 Aug 2012, 17:48

Thanks for the reply

This was one of the first things i tried, but this results in it displaying the first 5 creature cards it finds, and not the first 5 cards.

Could be i have done something wrong, this is how it currently looks.
Code: Select all
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local player = EffectController()
      local filter = Object():GetFilter()
       filter:Clear()
       filter:NotTargetted()
      filter:AddCardType( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
       filter:SetPlayer( player )
       filter:SetZone( ZONE_LIBRARY )
       filter:SetPortion( 5 )
       player:SetTargetCount( 1 )
         player:SetTargetPrompt( 0, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_PUT_INTO_HAND" )
       player:ChooseTargetsWithFlags( NO_VALIDATION, EffectDC():Make_Targets(1), QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY + QUERY_FLAG_CAN_BE_FINISHED_EARLY_FOR_AI_AS_WELL  )
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local targetDC = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1)
      if targetDC ~= nil then
         local target_card = targetDC:Get_NthCardPtr(0)
         for i=0,4 do
            local card = EffectController():Library_GetNth(0)
            if card ~= nil then
               if card == target_card then
                  card:GuidedReveal( ZONE_LIBRARY, ZONE_HAND )
                  card:PutInHand()
               else
                  card:PutInLibrary(-1)
               end
            end
         end
      end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>

Xana

Postby thefiremind » 14 Aug 2012, 18:21

I had the same problem when I coded Mayael the Anima for DotP2012. In DotP2012 there wasn't the possibility to use a DC as filter, so I had to move the creature cards on top of the library and set the portion that allowed me to show them only. Then I allowed the player to select the order for the cards to put on the bottom of the library, this way all the cards were seen anyway.
As far as I know, there's no way to achieve exactly what you want. Some possible ideas are:
  • As I did for Mayael the Anima, let the player decide the order for the cards to put on the bottom of the library, so you'll end up looking at all the cards... but you'll know all 5 of them only after selecting the creature, and maybe you want to know them before.
  • Make a query that lets you look at all the 5 cards and does nothing, no matter what card you select, then make the real query that lets you choose a creature from the DC. You can avoid doing the extra query if the player is AI: I don't think that it would be usable information for the AI.
  • Let the player look at all the 5 cards, then check if the selected card is a creature: if it's not, ignore it and go on as no card was selected. If you choose this method, I'd advise you to split between AI and non-AI, and if the player is AI, let it choose from the DC (just to be sure that it understands what to do).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xana » 14 Aug 2012, 19:07

Thanks

That was what i suspected, i'll just use the first implementation i had, that found the creature cards in the first 5 cards, and let the player choose between them, that worked fine, and is a close enough approximation of it :)
Xana

Return to Programming Talk