It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:10

Text Size

Questions about unlock/foiling uids.

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Questions about unlock/foiling uids.

Postby pcastellazzi » 22 Sep 2012, 08:57

DOTP 2013 Theta allow to fully unlock a deck. I have seen this feature available for core decks and for some mods like Riiak's. When working on my own mod this feature is not available, any idea why is that?

For reference, i am using dotp 2013 theta without any other mods. For each test i made, i deleted the game profile (swarm directory inside the game folder) and the user profile in My Documents.

One thing i noticed is the uid saved in swarm/apps is always 0 for my decks when should be 11110x. I also tried with bigger/lower numbers with no avail.

For those who want to take a look at the mod's code please go [url=https://bitbucket.org/pcastellazzi/dotp-2013-dlc]here[/code]

Any help is much appreciated.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Re: Questions about unlock/foiling uids.

Postby thefiremind » 22 Sep 2012, 10:01

I'll tell you what I learned from my experience. I always put 10 unlockable cards in my decks, and if I don't add any promo card, the number of unlockable cards is shown as 0 (10 minus 10): in this case, the unlock button is invisible, probably because of that. But the foil button is still there and it should produce the same result.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Questions about unlock/foiling uids.

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Sep 2012, 12:35

The problem is more than likely (looking at the code in your link) that you did not create and include an APPID_LINKING.TXT with the unlock and foil ids linked to your deck ids (and all other decks for other mods as there can only be one APPID_LINKING.TXT file at the moment).

The reason all other decks must be included in everyone's APPID_LINKING.TXT files is that whenever an APPID_LINKING.TXT is included one will override all others thus whichever is the "master" should contain ids for all decks (even those from other mods).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk