It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:56

Text Size

Help: Deck name display

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Help: Deck name display

Postby tomy0619lee » 30 Mar 2013, 16:33

Hello everyone,

I started modding Dotp about 2 weeks ago and have been able to create some decks, cards, illustrations, etc... thanks to the great tutorials and help posted throughout this forum.

But: I couldn't find anything describing how to display your deck name in deck editor or the duel screen (i.e. a deck name displays as [DECK_Nayan_Invasion] rather than "Nayan Invasion").

I suspected it had to do with the TEXT_PERMANENT folder and I added a .xml file copied from another mod with the names changed, but did not work.

Please help.
tomy0619lee

Re: Help: Deck name display

Postby thefiremind » 30 Mar 2013, 17:44

tomy0619lee wrote:But: I couldn't find anything describing how to display your deck name in deck editor or the duel screen (i.e. a deck name displays as [DECK_Nayan_Invasion] rather than "Nayan Invasion").

I suspected it had to do with the TEXT_PERMANENT folder and I added a .xml file copied from another mod with the names changed, but did not work.
Your suspect was right, but you probably missed something.
  • Make a copy of a TEXT_PERMANENT XML from another mod and put it into the TEXT_PERMANENT folder of your mod
  • Change the copy's filename (they must be all different)
  • Open the copy with Excel (or Notepad, or whatever)
  • Change one of the cells containing a capital name with the capital name of your deck, excluding brackets (in your example: DECK_Nayan_Invasion) and paying attention to which letters are capital and which are not (I'm not sure if this is case-sensitive but I'd suggest to play safe)
  • Change the other cells with the appropriate translations that you want to be displayed in-game (put the English translation in place of the translations you don't know)
That should do it.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Help: Deck name display

Postby tomy0619lee » 30 Mar 2013, 18:20

Thanks a lot firemind!

Don't know how these forums can function without you around:)
tomy0619lee

Return to Programming Talk