It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:10

Text Size

Trouble with card art

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Trouble with card art

Postby nivmizzet1 » 16 May 2013, 11:44

I'm hoping somebody here will be able to shed light on what I may have done wrong here.

I coded the flip cards Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant and Rune-Tail's Essence, but for some reason the art on both cards doesn't appear as it should.

On Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, the art appears in the right location (in the image box), but the image is stretched, as though it's stretched across the whole card. On Rune-Tail's Essence, the art is actually stretched across the whole card.
Attachments
Rune-tail.zip
(233.7 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
nivmizzet1

Re: Trouble with card art

Postby thefiremind » 16 May 2013, 11:59

nivmizzet1 wrote:On Rune-Tail's Essence, the art is actually stretched across the whole card.
This happens because Rune-Tail's Essence has no casting cost and no forced color, so it's treated as a colorless nonland card which always wants a "full" image on DotP2013 (Eldrazi style). You should give the casting cost to Rune-Tail's Essence, too: after all this isn't transform, but flip, and if I'm not mistaken, the flipped version retains the card cost (for the cards that care about it).

Why it partially happens on Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, I have no idea, but I re-compressed your TDX files to my usual 126 KB size, try to use these.
Attachments
Rune-Tail's images 126KB each.zip
(214.8 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Trouble with card art

Postby nivmizzet1 » 16 May 2013, 13:50

thefiremind wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:On Rune-Tail's Essence, the art is actually stretched across the whole card.
This happens because Rune-Tail's Essence has no casting cost and no forced color, so it's treated as a colorless nonland card which always wants a "full" image on DotP2013 (Eldrazi style). You should give the casting cost to Rune-Tail's Essence, too: after all this isn't transform, but flip, and if I'm not mistaken, the flipped version retains the card cost (for the cards that care about it).

Why it partially happens on Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, I have no idea, but I re-compressed your TDX files to my usual 126 KB size, try to use these.
Thanks. That seems to have done the job (in both cases).
nivmizzet1

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)