It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:26

Text Size

Deck has been reset to....

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Deck has been reset to....

Postby BloodReyvyn » 23 May 2013, 06:15

Having issues with my new deck and was wondering if any of you gurus could have a quick glance over it and see what the heck I missed.

I keep getting the error window when the game gets to the main menu "Your deck has been reset to it's original configuration due to required content being unavailable," or something to that effect, and even if I remove the deck from the directory I keep getting random crashing no matter what deck I play now. Sometimes it takes a few games before it crashes, sometimes I get half a turn into the game and it crashes.

Here's a link to the deck (unpacked): https://www.dropbox.com/s/9toevgu1lm7oy ... ip?v=0rc-s

Also, on a side note, My personality and Deck names are being displayed in brackets (ie- Deck Name in the menu is [DECK_HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION], same with planewalker name for that deck). Obviously I missed something, just can't figure out what...

EDIT: I think I should note that I used some cards from DATA_DLC_0999.wad, DATA_DLC_8192.wad, and DATA_DLC_0623.wad. I think those are the only 3 I used, but am not sure, just thought I should say so in case you try to test the deck in-game.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Re: Deck has been reset to....

Postby Master Necro » 23 May 2013, 09:22

Fixed a couple of things but your deck uid is to loooong, change it, shorten it and watch out that it's not already used. ;)

http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/10957545/file.html

EDIT: Also add _ST to your first folder so that it says Deck_HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION_ST.
Master Necro

Postby thefiremind » 23 May 2013, 09:27

BloodReyvyn wrote:Having issues with my new deck and was wondering if any of you gurus could have a quick glance over it and see what the heck I missed.

[...]
For the message, look at this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=9894&p=114097#p114097
I don't know if 9 digits are still too many for a deck ID, but you can try to reduce them. I'd also suggest you to change the LAND_POOL ID, I see it still has the ID of my test deck and this will give problems as soon as you use more than 1 deck with that same ID.

The reason for the crashes could be the LAND_POOL ID as I just said, but if I were you I would also change the name of the HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION folder to DECK_HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION (and of course, change it in the header files as well)... maybe it isn't needed, but there are conventions that are best followed.

The deck name appears in brackets because the first cell of the TEXT_PERMANENT XML should be identical to the name of the deck XML: the game isn't so smart to understand that "Heartless Aggression" actually means "DECK_HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION". :lol: Look at my test deck again if you still have doubts about that. For the planeswalker you'll need to add another row to the TEXT_PERMANENT XML and declare strings for the planeswalker's name, same way as the deck. What you should reference in the first cell will be "PLAYER_NAME_JARAD" this time (quotes not included). You should also give a different file name to the TEXT_PERMANENT XML itself, otherwise it could be overridden by the one in my test deck or by another deck you could make in the future.

Master Necro wrote:EDIT: Also add _ST to your first folder so that it says Deck_HEARTLESS_AGGRESSION_ST.
This isn't needed. You can do that if you like, but what's important in the WAD names is the beginning (DECK_ for the DotP2013 structure or DATA_DLC_ for the old DotP2012 structure), not the end.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 23 May 2013, 11:10

Oh wow, figures it was gonna be something so simple that eluded me.

I figured out the naming convention thing just a bit before checking here again. Think I just got code-hypnosis and went paste-happy trying to get to the game to test it. :lol:

Thanks guys. You rock! :)
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)