It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:18

Text Size

AI Crashes if it plays one of my decks?

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

AI Crashes if it plays one of my decks?

Postby BloodReyvyn » 28 May 2013, 23:05

I am very confused, after playing 10 consecutive games with one of my new decks, that the deck plays flawlessly when I am playing it but after another five attempts to play against the deck, the game crashes randomly every single game. Sometimes right at the beginning, other times after a long while and one of us is almost dead.

I get the usual windows error, "Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 has stopped working and needs to close."

When I went to check the script and error logs, there were none and if I click the "Details" button on the windows error, it is completely blank. :|
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Re: AI Crashes if it plays one of my decks?

Postby thefiremind » 28 May 2013, 23:10

If a deck crashes only when the AI is using it, it often means that you have a duplicate LAND_POOL ID, or to be precise, a LAND_POOL ID that is used also for something else that isn't a LAND_POOL. "Often" doesn't mean "always", but that should be the first thing to check. And it's also very easy to do now if you use RiiakShiNal's deck builder and look inside its log.

If you can't solve the problem this way, let me know which deck of yours causes the crash and I'll look into it.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: AI Crashes if it plays one of my decks?

Postby BloodReyvyn » 28 May 2013, 23:41

Cool, I found the issue. Probably the same issue that guy was having with my Heaven's Fury deck. Originally, I was going to change the land pool since it was the first deck I actually put together, but I scratched making the new lands and forgot to change the land .xml string variables back to default. So, it was looking for lands that didn't exist anymore.

Since I based two other decks off of that one, using it as a template of sorts, they all had screwed up land pools. Thanks, I would never have even looked at the names otherwise :oops:
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)