It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:57

Text Size

Coded a card using TFM XML Gen - Artwork not working

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Coded a card using TFM XML Gen - Artwork not working

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 01:12

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a Everflowing chalice xml and I came across TFM auto gen... So i have the XML.. Now to work out the artwork.

I found that he directly links to images of that card.. great. So i change the name to 220534.PNG and the then save. Using a deck manager, i place the image and xml in the correct folder...

I can see the Card there... GREAT! but no artwork..

Can anyone help?
Rickycoe123

Re: Coded a card using TFM XML Gen - Artwork not working

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 01:35

PNG is not valid for use in-game, card images must be TDX. If you do not compress when converting to TDX you can use any size image, but for some users it may cause a terrible glow that will obscure card text. If you compress when converting to TDX then you need to make sure that your source image has dimensions that are multiples of 4. If using Eglin's tool to compress then your source image must be sized 512x376 (otherwise it may not work at all). If converting for iPad use then you will need to use Emashzed's tools and the image will be sized to 512x512 before being converted to PVR then to TDX.

Also note that the card generator can only fully generate very simple cards, so unless you coded the abilities then the abilities you see on Everflowing Chalice are just stubs and are not functional.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 01:40

Oh... Well with the deck manager im using, it will extract the tdx into pngs.... then when i extract from the editor it makes them back into tdx's.

Can you have a little look, because this what the generator threw back at me...

As i said, I havnt tested it to see if it works or not.

Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="EVERFLOWING_CHALICE_220534" />
  <CARDNAME text="EVERFLOWING_CHALICE" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="220534" />
  <ARTID value="A220534" />
  <ARTIST name="Steve Argyle" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{0}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Artifact" />
  <EXPANSION value="ARC" />
  <RARITY metaname="U" />
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Multipotenziamento {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Multikicker {2}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Il Calice Infinito entra nel campo di battaglia con un segnalino carica per ogni volta che è stato potenziato.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <MANA_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {1} alla tua riserva di mana per ogni segnalino carica sul Calice Infinito.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </MANA_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 01:49

The abilities in that card are just stubs and are not functional.

The image that the game is looking for is "A220534.TDX" not "220534".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 01:53

Im using this editor

This editor extracts the wads, and makes the xmls and .pngs
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 01:59

That editor uses Gibbed Tools to extract the WAD and convert images from TDX to PNG so that it can read them (You will notice Gibbed Tools in the Resources\Gibbed Tools\ directory).

If you have it set to "Include card files in .WAD file" it will put cards and the associated images (if they are named right) in the WAD. Which would mean your image would need to be named "A220534.PNG" not "220534.PNG".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 02:02

Oh yeah i see where i went wrong... well atleast now i ca go ahead and find out some knowledge on the coding of the actual activators and just not the bogus stuff :)

I really would like this in an artifact deck in designing. I would also like Elixir of Immortality thrown in somewhere... but i cant seem to find a card on this forum for it.
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 02:09

Well, that would be because Elixir of Immortality is an official card (ELIXIR_OF_IMMORTALITY_277390) and is part of the base game so why would we re-create it?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 02:11

Very true... So how would i manage to grab that card from the dir and place it in the editor?

I am pretty new to this whole modding scene of MTG. So i am very very grateful for any tips and tricks... even though they are so basic.
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 02:19

In that editor I suppose you would import "DECK_0001_ST.WAD".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 02:20

Thanks so much. I Highly appreciate this help :)
Rickycoe123

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 02:27

It seems using official TDX's im getting errors with the gibbed tools... Ive tried using the deck manager, and I've tried just drag and dropping.. any advice?
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 02:31

That's interesting because I don't have any problems with the official TDXs using Gibbed Tools. Are you using version r6_b10 or a different version?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 15 Jun 2013, 11:35

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwfkraxkuaf2lfk/error.jpg

Thats the error im getting.

The binaries are downloaded from this post.

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=10463
Rickycoe123

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2013, 12:48

A D3DFormat of 13 (PVRTC) is the iPad texture format which Gibbed Tools can't handle at all. Gibbed Tools can only handle the PC Formats A8R8G8B8, DXT1, DXT3, DXT5, A4R4G4B4, and X8R8G8B8.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)