It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:51

Text Size

Crash at Start

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Crash at Start

Postby Fero » 20 Jul 2013, 19:42

Hello.
I have a problem. My Dotp 2014 stops working. I had many decks downloaded from here and some others made by me in the Editor. Since yesterday it stops working at the start screen. Some mesage appears and made a directory named: Duels of the Planeswalkers Dumps. I have a backup and I have been reinstall. It works fine. But when I add the decks, the game crash at the start screen.

I made this move many times, whith only one or two decks, and in some cases the game go well. But in some moment the game start to crash again.

I have the d3dx9_43.dll

Now I only can make Decks with the Editor Deck. But I can't make work the Downloaded Decks.

Please Help!!!! :(
Thanks!!! [-o<
Fero

Re: Crash at Start

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jul 2013, 21:32

Well, first we need some more information:
  • What version of the game are you running (Steam, 3DM, Skidrow, etc...)?
  • Which mods/decks (with versions if possible) specifically are causing the problem on your version of DotP 2014?
  • When you say "start screen" which screen exactly ("Ignite your spark", Main Menu, Game Lobby, etc...)?

When you say "Now I only can make Decks with the Editor Deck" I assume you mean decks created with the DotP 2014 Deck Builder, is this correct?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Fero » 21 Jul 2013, 07:38

Version: Steam
Mods/Decks: DATA_DLC_KEV_V8, mod627 beta2, DATA_DLC_KEV
When: After make click before the menu screen.
I use DotP 2014 Deck Builder.

Another question. Is posible to make .WADs work in other game folder if this WAD was made from the DotP 2014 Deck Builder. I mean, is posible to play with two computers online woth the same decks from a .WAD made in DotP 2014 Deck Builder?
Fero

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Jul 2013, 11:40

Fero wrote:Version: Steam
Mods/Decks: DATA_DLC_KEV_V8, mod627 beta2, DATA_DLC_KEV
When: After make click before the menu screen.
I use DotP 2014 Deck Builder.
Well, that explains your problem. Both the Steam and Skidrow versions have a crash when there are 10 or more decks in content_pack 0 installed with always_available="true". mod627 beta 2 has 12 decks in it in content_pack 0 with always_available="true" (plus 1 from the base game for a total of 13).

You have a few choices to fix the problem:
  • Recommended Solution: Update sumomole's mod to v1.1 (remove the old wad and put in the new ones, which will put the decks into content_pack 627 instead of 0).
  • Remove sumomole's mod (mod627 beta2).
  • Remove the always_available="true" attributes from the decks in mod627 beta2 manually.
  • Switch to using the 3DM crack of the game.

Fero wrote:Another question. Is posible to make .WADs work in other game folder if this WAD was made from the DotP 2014 Deck Builder. I mean, is posible to play with two computers online woth the same decks from a .WAD made in DotP 2014 Deck Builder?
If I understand you correctly here, you are asking whether you can take a wad you created with the DotP 2014 Deck Builder and give it to someone else and play online with them. If that is what you are asking then the answer is, yes, as long as all players in the match have the same wads then they can use modded decks online. As such creating a deck with the 2014 Deck Builder and distributing that Wad will give others that same deck (though if the cards in the deck come from a mod the other player(s) will also need to have that mod).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)