It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:05

Text Size

In need of help.

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

In need of help.

Postby ZealotLaw » 30 Oct 2013, 20:06

So, I followed the tutorial on how to build a card. I built Supreme Verdict for a RWU deck. It shows up in the deck builder but does not show up in game when I make a deck that has it in it. Is there something wrong with my code or is it more of a directory error. I have my WAD in the directory as well as the enabler I also have the Deck WAD I built in the directory. When Building the card I noticed that the RNS converter did not change my .PNG into a .TDX so I just used the Gibbed one is that my problem.

Here is my code.
[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
<FILENAME text="SUPREME_VERDICT_253512" />
<CARDNAME text="SUPREME_VERDICT" />
<TITLE>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Supreme Verdict]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Verdict suprême]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Veredicto supremo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Oberster Richtspruch]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Verdetto Supremo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[至高の評決]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[최고 판결]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Высочайший Вердикт]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Veredito Supremo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
</TITLE>
<MULTIVERSEID value="253512" />
<ARTID value="253512" />
<ARTIST name="Sam Burley" />
<CASTING_COST cost="{1}{W}{W}{U}" />
<FLAVOURTEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Leonos had no second thoughts about the abolishment edict. He’d left skyrunes warning of the eviction, even though it was cloudy.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Leonos ne pensait déjà plus à l’édit d’abolition. Il avait signalé l’éviction par des runes célestes, bien que le temps était nuageux.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Leonos no tenía dudas acerca del edicto de abolición. Había dejado runas celestes para advertir del desahucio, pese a que estaba nublado.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Leonos dachte nicht weiter über den Beseitigungsedikt nach. Er hatte ja Himmelsrunen hinterlassen, die vor der Räumung warnten – auch wenn der Himmel bewölkt war.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Leonos non ebbe ripensamenti sull’editto di abolizione. Aveva lasciato delle rune celesti per avvertire dell’ordinanza, nonostante il cielo fosse nuvoloso.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[レオノスは何のためらいもなく廃絶布告を発した。彼は雲行きが怪しくなるなか、立ち退くよう警告を発しつつスカイルーンを去った。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[레오노스는 폐지 칙령을 대수롭게 여기지 않았다. 날씨가 약간 흐릿하긴 했지만 그래도 분명히 창공룬을 통해 경고를 해 두었기 때문이다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Леонос не сомневался в правильности решения. Несмотря на облака, он рунами начертал на небе предупреждение о выселении.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Leonos não teve dúvidas com relação ao édito de abolição. Ele havia deixado runas celestes avisando da evicção, mesmo com o tempo nublado.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
</FLAVOURTEXT>
<TYPE metaname="Sorcery" />
<EXPANSION value="RTR" />
<RARITY metaname="R" />
<STATIC_ABILITY active_zone="ZONE_STACK">
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Supreme Verdict can’t be countered.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Le Verdict suprême ne peut pas être contrecarré.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[El Veredicto supremo no puede ser contrarrestado.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Der Oberste Richtspruch kann nicht neutralisiert werden.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Il Verdetto Supremo non può essere neutralizzato.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[至高の評決は打ち消されない。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[최고 판결은 무효화될 수 없다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Высочайший Вердикт не может быть отменен.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Veredito Supremo não pode ser anulado.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8">
if EffectSource() ~= nil then
local characteristics = EffectSource():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_CANT_BE_COUNTERED, 1 )
end
</CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
</STATIC_ABILITY>
<SPELL_ABILITY>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Destroy all creatures.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Détruisez toutes les créatures.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Destruye todas las criaturas.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Zerstöre alle Kreaturen.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Distruggi tutte le creature.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[すべてのクリーチャーを破壊する。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[모든 생물을 파괴한다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Уничтожьте все существа.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Destrua todas as criaturas.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
<SFX text="GLOBAL_JUDGEMENT_PLAY" />
<FILTER filter_id="0">
local filter = ClearFilter()
filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
</FILTER>
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION filter_id="0">
if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
FilteredCard():Destroy()
end
</RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
</SPELL_ABILITY>
<SEALED_HEURISTICS is_removal="1" />
<SEALED_HEURISTICS score_modifier="2000" />
<AI_BASE_SCORE score="1800" zone="ZONE_HAND" />
</CARD_V2>[/code]
ZealotLaw

Re: In need of help.

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 Oct 2013, 23:27

ZealotLaw wrote:So, I followed the tutorial on how to build a card. I built Supreme Verdict for a RWU deck. It shows up in the deck builder but does not show up in game when I make a deck that has it in it. Is there something wrong with my code or is it more of a directory error. I have my WAD in the directory as well as the enabler I also have the Deck WAD I built in the directory.
I can think of these scenarios in which the card will appear in the Deck Builder, but not in the game (in descending order of likelihood):
  • You have a mismatched file name and FILENAME tag (in updated versions of the game this will cause the game to crash, but cracked versions will still work).
  • You have a mangled or missing wad header (or HEADER.XML if using a directory instead of a wad).
  • You're directory structure is either too deep or not deep enough (game can't find the resources).
The Deck Builder searches directories and wads for data, but the game doesn't so some things don't affect the builder while they can prove disastrous for the game.

ZealotLaw wrote:When Building the card I noticed that the RNS converter did not change my .PNG into a .TDX so I just used the Gibbed one is that my problem.
There is no RSN converter. What people have been calling the converter is just a batch file that calls my modified gibbed tools with a command line parameter to compress the image when converting to TDX (basically allows drag and drop for those who don't know how to use command line parameters). The batch file does nothing if it is not in the same directory as the modified gibbed tools. You can read all the details about it here. If you just drag and drop the image on Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe then you will get an uncompressed TDX, but those have issues on some machines and can cause cards to be unreadable (due to excessive glow). Compressed TDX files do not have that problem and take up considerably less space making compressed TDX files ideal.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby ZealotLaw » 31 Oct 2013, 07:08

Thank you for responding. Although I found a mod that had Supreme Verdict in it so I gave up. Hopefully your comments will help me in future card building though.
ZealotLaw

Postby Rumo » 09 Feb 2014, 16:11

I have the same problem... It's the first time I try to add a card by my own, so I used a code I found in the Request thread.
(I can't post the code here because my "post would be too spamy for a new user"^^ I'll try to add the code in the next post.)

I think I named the xml file correct (WIREWOOD_SYMBIOTE_867045859.xml), then I converted a png file to 867045859.tdx, moved it in the Illustrations folder and created a WAD file with the deck builder... The card can be found in the Builder, but in the game the card is missing... When I look at the decklist ingame, it says the deck consists of 60 cards (or 70 or 80 if I put them in more often), but the card doesn't show up.... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

You have a mismatched file name and FILENAME tag (in updated versions of the game this will cause the game to crash, but cracked versions will still work).
I use a cracked version for modding. I double checked the name, it should be right.

You have a mangled or missing wad header (or HEADER.XML if using a directory instead of a wad).
Hmm I thought that would be done automatically... When I extract the WAD file, the "@header.xml" says

| Open
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WAD_HEADER>
<ENTRY platform="ALL" source="DATA_DLC_762_CORE/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/" alias="Content" order="3" />
</WAD_HEADER>

In the enabler it is

| Open
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WAD_HEADER>
<ENTRY platform="ALL" source="DATA_DLC_762_CONTENT_PACK_ENABLER/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/" alias="Content" order="3" />
<CONTENTPACK UID="762">
<PD_SECTION>
<APP_ID ID="213850" />
</PD_SECTION>
<CONTENTFLAGS>
<AVATAR_CONTENT />
<DECK_CONTENT />
<GLOSSARY_CONTENT />
<UNLOCK_CONTENT />
</CONTENTFLAGS>
</CONTENTPACK>
</WAD_HEADER>

You're directory structure is either too deep or not deep enough (game can't find the resources).
Every other card I got from WADs I dowloaded can be found, so I guess the directory structure can't be the problem...
Last edited by Rumo on 09 Feb 2014, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Rumo

Postby Rumo » 09 Feb 2014, 16:15

Hmm still too spamy. I found the code here (Wirewood Symbiote): viewtopic.php?f=109&t=11010&p=131804&hilit=Wirewood+Symbiote#p131804

I didn't change anything, just copied the code into a file named WIREWOOD_SYMBIOTE_867045859.xml

Has anyone an idea what I am doing wrong...?
Rumo

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Feb 2014, 19:19

Rumo wrote:I have the same problem... It's the first time I try to add a card by my own, so I used a code I found in the Request thread.
(I can't post the code here because my "post would be too spamy for a new user"^^ I'll try to add the code in the next post.)
The "too spammy for a new user" will stop being a problem for you after you have made a total of 5 posts (it is to prevent spam bots from posting on the site, but can be quite annoying for new members as well).

Rumo wrote:I think I named the xml file correct (WIREWOOD_SYMBIOTE_867045859.xml), then I converted a png file to 867045859.tdx, moved it in the Illustrations folder and created a WAD file with the deck builder... The card can be found in the Builder, but in the game the card is missing... When I look at the decklist ingame, it says the deck consists of 60 cards (or 70 or 80 if I put them in more often), but the card doesn't show up.... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Based on the code you linked to that does appear to be the correct file name and the correct name for the illustration as well. Though you did not state which directory you put the card XML in, but since it appears in the Deck Builder I'm going to assume you correctly put it into the CARDS directory.

Rumo wrote:I use a cracked version for modding. I double checked the name, it should be right.
Using the old cracked version just means the game won't crash if it can't find the card, it doesn't mean it is more likely to find the card. Since it doesn't show up in game it likely means that the game can't find the card.

Even if the card shows up in the Deck Builder you should still check to see if the Deck Builder created an error log and look at what is in the error log as the Deck Builder will display cards with mismatched names, but will list an error in the log about the name mismatch. The error log may also have other information that could provide some hint as to why the card is not showing up.

Rumo wrote:Hmm I thought that would be done automatically... When I extract the WAD file, the "@header.xml" says

| Open
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WAD_HEADER>
  <ENTRY platform="ALL" source="DATA_DLC_762_CORE/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/" alias="Content" order="3" />
</WAD_HEADER>
In the enabler it is

| Open
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WAD_HEADER>
  <ENTRY platform="ALL" source="DATA_DLC_762_CONTENT_PACK_ENABLER/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/" alias="Content" order="3" />
  <CONTENTPACK UID="762">
    <PD_SECTION>
      <APP_ID ID="213850" />
    </PD_SECTION>
    <CONTENTFLAGS>
      <AVATAR_CONTENT />
      <DECK_CONTENT />
      <GLOSSARY_CONTENT />
      <UNLOCK_CONTENT />
    </CONTENTFLAGS>
  </CONTENTPACK>
</WAD_HEADER>
The Deck Builder will automatically create appropriate headers for the WADs it builds. Also the headers you have posted do look appropriate for WADs named DATA_DLC_762_CORE.WAD and DATA_DLC_762_CONTENT_PACK_ENABLER.WAD with proper directory setups. Though I will say that the Content Pack Enabler (CPE) just allows created decks to be seen and used by the game, it does not matter for custom cards. Since you said that the deck you created can be seen in game it means the CPE is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

As for your core wad I would have to see the WAD to see if it contains everything that is necessary.

Rumo wrote:Every other card I got from WADs I dowloaded can be found, so I guess the directory structure can't be the problem...
When referring to the directory structure I was talking about the directory structure inside the individual WADs not the directory structure of the game itself. This is checked by comparing the directory structure to the location listed in the WAD header and verifying that directories are properly named and organized. Given your WAD header the structure in your core WAD should be similar to the following:
+ DATA_DLC_762_CORE
| + DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS
|   + ART_ASSETS
|   | + ILLUSTRATIONS
|   |   - 867045859.TDX
|   + CARDS
|     - WIREWOOD_SYMBIOTE_867045859.XML
- HEADER.XML (In a packaged WAD this file is optional, but if present should be the same as the @header.xml file.)
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 10 Feb 2014, 13:08

Rumo wrote:I didn't change anything, just copied the code into a file named WIREWOOD_SYMBIOTE_867045859.xml
Just to be sure... when you saved the file you created this way, did you save it with UTF-8 encoding? For Notepad, for example, the default encoding is ANSI when you save a new text file.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Rumo » 10 Feb 2014, 16:59

Thanks for the quick answers!

RiiakShiNal wrote:The error log may also have other information that could provide some hint as to why the card is not showing up.
I didn't know there is an error log :) It said that the file couldn't be found...

thefiremind wrote:when you saved the file you created this way, did you save it with UTF-8 encoding?
It seems I didn't. I used notepad, tried notepad++ just now and it works! :D

Thanks for your help guys!
Rumo

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)