It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:25

Text Size

some Questions MTG 2014 DoTP

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

some Questions MTG 2014 DoTP

Postby abisha » 29 Jun 2014, 12:41

hi all,

Awesome work with the mods, It made my MTG experience a lot better
I use Windows 7, with Steam version got DLC +3 decks pack.

but i have now few questions.

how do i save Modded decks? Example, Waste not *http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=14687*

how do plane walkers work?, i can cast them they do nothing?.

is it possibility to replace the standard decks ingame? or remod them so they become standard.
for instance i like to adjust basic samurai deck, with a few more logical cards that sudden be in their.

can i made certain modded decks NPC only, they not my type of deck but don't mind fight against it.

thanks for your time,
Regards Abisha
abisha

Re: some Questions MTG 2014 DoTP

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 Jun 2014, 15:43

abisha wrote:Awesome work with the mods, It made my MTG experience a lot better
I use Windows 7, with Steam version got DLC +3 decks pack.

but i have now few questions.

how do i save Modded decks? Example, Waste not *http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=14687*
This depends on what you mean by save.
  • If you simply mean putting the deck into the game then you need to make sure you have the WAD check patcher (if you are successfully using any mods then you already have this) and you place the WAD for the deck in the game directory (along with any requirements the mod may have).
  • If you mean saving a deck configuration (edited the deck in-game and want it to remember which cards you added/removed) then unfortunately you can't as the game will only save a specified number of deck configurations to the profile (just enough for all official decks) and any deck configuration not saved to the profile gets reset when the game closes.

abisha wrote:2.
how do plane walkers work?, i can cast them they do nothing?.
Generally, planeswalker cards don't do anything until you use their loyalty abilities (of which you can only use 1 per turn). For specific questions about implementation or for technical support you should ask thefiremind or Gorem2k as they created the Planeswalker approximation for DotP.

abisha wrote:3.
is it possibility to replace the standard decks ingame? or remod them so they become standard.
for instance i like to adjust basic samurai deck, with a few more logical cards that sudden be in their.
Yes, it is possible. The best way to do this is to make an override mod (don't change the official WADs). You make the mod just like you would make any other mod, but the files must have the same file names (not WAD names) as the official files you want to override and the WAD should have a higher order than the official WAD containing the original files you want to override. For example to change the official Samurai deck from the DotP 2014 expansion you would need to override E14_SAMURAI.XML (in the DECKS directory) and if you also want to change the promos/unlocks you will need to override E14_SAMURAI_PROMOS.XML/E14_SAMURAI_UNLOCKS.XML (in the UNLOCKS directory).

Note that changing the total number of cards in the deck/unlocks can cause issues unless you delete your profile (forcing the game to reset and reexamine all decks to accept the changes).

abisha wrote:4.
can i made certain modded decks NPC only, they not my type of deck but don't mind fight against it.
You can make decks NPC only by setting the availability to Never Available in the Deck Builder or by using the never_available="true" attribute in the DECK tag if editing the XML manually.

Note that this may also prevent selection in custom games so it may only be possible to get the NPCs to use the deck if you select Random Deck for them.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)