It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:49

Text Size

Total newb question.

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Total newb question.

Postby borilar » 10 Jul 2014, 02:03

I am playing the Steam version of DOTP 2014 and would like to use some custom decks. I have followed the directions (I think) and the cards are not visible when I bring up the game. I have Win7 service pack 1. I am probably going to feel like an idiot when someone tells me how to fix things. Thanks, bor
borilar

Re: Total newb question.

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Jul 2014, 11:24

There are some things to think about:
  1. Have you installed the patcher dll? This allows the game to skip the hash check for WADs and load up our custom WADs.
  2. Did you add decks using the new cards? Cards don't show up by themselves they must be added to decks (either in the main deck or unlocks) to show up in game.
  3. If you made the cards yourself, did you verify that the XML is properly formed (no syntax errors for example)? If a card has an XML syntax error then the game won't be able to load that card.
  4. If the problem is getting a custom deck to show up (but other custom decks show up) then did you make sure that there is a content pack enabler (CPE) for the content pack you used for the deck? When a deck is in a content pack for which you do not have an enabler it will not be visible in game.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Total newb question.

Postby borilar » 10 Jul 2014, 22:01

Still can't get it to work with the genuine version. Since I have paid for the version anyway I just installed a skidrow version and it works fine. Thank you so much for your help, bor
borilar

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)