It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:46

Text Size

Magic duels: origins deck wizard & deck builder

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Magic duels: origins deck wizard & deck builder

Postby MasterXploder7 » 07 Aug 2015, 08:45

I am unsure if anyone who has played the game with variation of the two see it - but it almost seems like the game handicaps anyone who uses a deck with the deck wizard.

For instance I made a deck of nothing but starter cards, its red and white and no card goes over CMC 3. I have gone many restarts with 1-2 land hands with it. Further more, the Enemy (on hard) is better equipped to handle any threat i put down. However, all of this aside, its an aggro deck that will not stop and so it wins 80% of games that it gets the hand it needs on.

Where as i have experienced 4 games where i have won with decks made in the deck wizard, where the AI just couldnt get any land, or they got terrible draws but decided not to mulligan. I understand the likelyhood of this handicap is very unlikely... but unlikely doesnt change the fact that it is incredibly apparant to me. Like the rigged 2014 Revenge campaign.

Thoughts?
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Re: Magic duels: origins deck wizard & deck builder

Postby thefiremind » 07 Aug 2015, 08:50

Yeah, the deck wizard isn't the best thing to go with, but it's required in order to complete the "archetype" daily quests. A possible option is to complete those quests against easy AI, and use only decks made with the deck builder against hard AI.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)