It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:58

Text Size

Decks not saving in deck manager

User-made mods in DLC (Downloadable Content) form.
Get MTG cards here for your DotP that aren't available anywhere else!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Decks not saving in deck manager

Postby Yak » 04 Mar 2013, 17:43

I have this same problem with all the mods. What am I missed? However, whenever I customize a deck in deck manager, save, then exit the game and launch it back decks don't save. As long as I don't quit the same then I am fine. Same thing happens when I win a match to unlock a card,it doesn't save the unlock the next time I launch the game. I also turned off Steam Sync but still no luck. Anyone know how to fix this?
Yak

Re: Decks not saving in deck manager

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Mar 2013, 00:40

You can't fix this because WotC put a deck configuration save limit into the game. Currently the limit with the Steam version is 21 decks (which is the exact number of official decks available) and 18 decks for cracked versions.

Any deck that the game does not pick (we currently have no control over which decks get picked to be saved) to go into this deck save limit will not get saved and thus "reset" every time the game is loaded.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yak » 05 Mar 2013, 03:13

RiiakShiNal wrote:You can't fix this because WotC put a deck configuration save limit into the game. Currently the limit with the Steam version is 21 decks (which is the exact number of official decks available) and 18 decks for cracked versions.

Any deck that the game does not pick (we currently have no control over which decks get picked to be saved) to go into this deck save limit will not get saved and thus "reset" every time the game is loaded.
Thanks for clearing this up and explaining! Thought I was going crazy for a moment.
Yak

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Mar 2013, 04:54

Yak wrote:Thanks for clearing this up and explaining! Thought I was going crazy for a moment.
You're definitely not crazy, it is a problem that has plagued the modding community since the beginning and we haven't found a solution yet.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yak » 07 Mar 2013, 21:28

So then since it's limited to the program it's self. Could I have two separate MTG DoP 2013 installs. One for the official decks that I play online and the one for the modded decks that I play offline. Would they both use the same save file or any way t get around this?
Yak

Postby thefiremind » 07 Mar 2013, 21:50

Yak wrote:So then since it's limited to the program it's self. Could I have two separate MTG DoP 2013 installs. One for the official decks that I play online and the one for the modded decks that I play offline. Would they both use the same save file or any way t get around this?
There is a way, if it's OK for you... use your original copy of the game to play online, and install a "non-original" copy of the game (of course into another directory) to play with mods offline: it will save your profile separately. I suggest to find and get a theta version because it's more up-to-date. Then remember to select only the custom decks you like most as first 18 decks you'll use in that newly installed copy, this way you should be quite sure that they will be saved.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Yak » 07 Mar 2013, 22:03

thefiremind wrote:
Yak wrote:So then since it's limited to the program it's self. Could I have two separate MTG DoP 2013 installs. One for the official decks that I play online and the one for the modded decks that I play offline. Would they both use the same save file or any way t get around this?
There is a way, if it's OK for you... use your original copy of the game to play online, and install a "non-original" copy of the game (of course into another directory) to play with mods offline: it will save your profile separately. I suggest to find and get a theta version because it's more up-to-date. Then remember to select only the custom decks you like most as first 18 decks you'll use in that newly installed copy, this way you should be quite sure that they will be saved.
Where do I get this version? I tried with having two copies of the Steam version and it uses the same profile.
Yak

Postby thefiremind » 07 Mar 2013, 22:11

Yak wrote:Where do I get this version? I tried with having two copies of the Steam version and it uses the same profile.
If you search on Google for duels of the planeswalkers 2013 theta you can find a lot of links, then you have to find one that's still working. After that, you can search for v1.0dc120919 which is the last update.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby AlphaMagnum » 18 Mar 2013, 22:12

I don't really care to play with the official decks, and plan to play only offline. Would deleting some of the Wizards decks from my Steam directory help things? Or would I crash if I ever tried to play against them in-game? ie, if I delete Talrand's deck, would trying to play against him in the campaign crash my game? Or does the AI pull decklists from somewhere else?
AlphaMagnum

Postby RiiakShiNal » 18 Mar 2013, 23:38

The campaigns appear to use the same decks as the player, so if you delete the deck trying to play against him very well could crash the game.

If, however, you simply want to remove the deck from the deck manager (possibly freeing up a spot in the profile, I stress "possibly") then that is fairly easy, you just edit the DECK tag in the XML and add never_available="true" to official decks you don't want to see in the deck manager. This is very similar to "unlocking" decks just sort of in reverse so this link could help if you want to see the steps for editing the decks (just replace always_available="true" with never_available="true").

DotP 2013 Unlocking

Also because you would simply be "locking" the deck instead of removing it it is possible that you may still be able to play online (even though you said you weren't going to).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby libertyfighter » 17 May 2013, 10:19

Maybe if you remove the standard DECKs wad from the installation directory you will enter in the 21 decks that can be saved. Should not be a great loss. Who care about Garruk campaign deck??
libertyfighter

Return to New MTG Cards and Decks (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Magic Duels)