It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:55

Text Size

Basic Abilities and function calls

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Basic Abilities and function calls

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Jun 2010, 19:43

OK. Well, there are people here that can read that too, it's just a matter of priorities. So many projects, so little time.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Snacko » 29 Jun 2010, 19:49

I've been coding a server in C++ with lua extensions at one point and I have to say that it's a very restrictive scripting language. You have to bind all the C++ logic to lua functions plus you can set which parts of standard / external lua libraries can be loaded / used at runtime.
With the given engine there can be a lot of cards implemented
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby omnix32 » 29 Jun 2010, 22:44

OK. Well, there are people here that can read that too, it's just a matter of priorities. So many projects, so little time.
No doubt that tons more cards can be made, someone that knows what they are doing needs to make a determination if this is going to be a "NEW" project.

They might be kind and give us the source code if we ask?

sigh....... my last or next to last post. Packing the computer for the new house last thing to do... withdraws..... ughhhhh.....

have fun.
omnix32

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 23:29

No doubt that more can be done, i already have more alpha cards but theres limitations on what you can do with the scripts. currently i cant:
Ask if a player want to pay a mana cost (SOUL NET for now for everycreature goes to GY you MUST pay 1
shuffle graveyard in to Library (can be done Targeting EACH card one by one to tedious to shuffle :) )
Choose not to discard (library of Leng still you discard.)
Juggernaut (No EVASION_INDEX_DEFENDER and cannot be implemented function linked to EXE)
Change Color/Copy Cards and obviously no cards with mana abilities
Non basic lands can be implemented (fetch lands, pain lands) but they are BASIC

Hope i didnt disappointed somebody but my knowledge is limited.
Uresti

Postby Huggybaby » 30 Jun 2010, 00:25

We look forward to your return omnix, good luck.[/quote]Uhh, no. We can't get the source for the Microprose version, we damn sure won't get the source for one that's still brand new.

Let's keep pushing on with what we can discover on our own.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Epiphany » 30 Jun 2010, 13:34

Hello,

I'm a long time fan of Magic the Gathering and recently bought the game on Steam, while it's pretty limited only being able to use a core set of preconstructed decks I was very excited to read these threads and see that it is possible to create old cards and even homemade completely new cards.

I've installed the Data_DLC_9999 and when I open the game I can see the constructed deck but none of the cards have images, except for Unholy Strength and Sengir Vampire, which I presume is because they aren't new cards.

I've tried renaming Demonic Tutor's ARTID in the xml file to 6123451 as a test, and renaming the corresponding images, but it still doesn't show up.

When I make any changes do I need to delete a cache or something to be able to see the changes or should they be reflected straight away?

Sorry for being a nub but I guess you have to start somewhere. I'm looking to make versions of all the older cards that the game will allow if I get a chance! :)
Epiphany

Postby omnix32 » 30 Jun 2010, 14:54

That Package you downloaded is our test package made by Uresti.

I would leave your steam install of the game alone.

If you paid for the game use this. It does not have the last update, and it won't mess with your steam install. It won't connect to the internet (YET?)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5647675 ... rs-SKIDROW
For the art pic's.

Unpack your Data_Core.Wad

I was unable to get any of my card pics to display Using The Data_DLC_9999 (Not that it can't be done, Just I can't)

If you notice the expansion Data_DLC_0004.wad They used the Data_Core.Wad to display the pics. There is not art illustrations folder in Data_DLC_0004.wad

If you want a pic of Demonic Tutor. Then there is a link to some High quality croped photo's in these threads somewhere.

Here are the steps.

1) get crop of Demoic Tutor (Just the art part)
2) resize that so it is 512 X 376 exactly. (I had trouble with other sizes and this is what the game uses.)
3) in the Demonic Tutor use <ARTID value="301024" /> (My ICY I made is 301023)Any number under 8 values will work if not used before.
4) resize your demonic tutor crop to 512X376 and make it a .png file name that .png file to 301024.png
5) drag that 301024.png to Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe it will make a .TDX file called 301024.TDX
6) unpack your Data_core wad, (Make sure to rename the original to Original_Data_Core.wad this will keep the program from reading it.)
7) You should now have a folder called Data_Core (You can work out of that as the program will read the folder, it does not need repacked)

8) open your Data_Core folder and navigate to.
DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS

9) Put your 301024.TDX file in this folder. Start game, and check the deck. The demonic Tutor pic should now show up.

Have fun.............sigh wife wants to get moving again.
omnix32

Postby Epiphany » 30 Jun 2010, 15:06

omnix32 wrote:That Package you downloaded is our test package made by Uresti.

I would leave your steam install of the game alone.

If you paid for the game use this. It does not have the last update, and it won't mess with your steam install. It won't connect to the internet (YET?)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5647675 ... rs-SKIDROW
I read earlier on another thread that this was the best thing to do, I didn't want to mix Steam and mods in case I lost my steam account, so that's the version I'm using too, for now! :)

If you notice the expansion Data_DLC_0004.wad They used the Data_Core.Wad to display the pics. There is not art illustrations folder in Data_DLC_0004.wad
open your Data_Core folder and navigate to.
DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS

9) Put your 301024.TDX file in this folder. Start game, and check the deck. The demonic Tutor pic should now show up.
That worked perfectly for me! Many thanks! :)

Now I can have a go at creating some of the cards from the old sets. Is anyone willing to compile a list of cards already done? Have any cards already been done? Would be great if we could index them all together.

I hate to step on anyone's toes though as this is only my second post! :)
Epiphany

Postby Epiphany » 30 Jun 2010, 15:12

On another matter, has anyone been able to create new decks? Rather than just rely on the Core_Constructed template, can I create a new one?

Thanks guys!
Epiphany

Postby omnix32 » 30 Jun 2010, 15:23

Deck editor and tools. small deck editor will find all cards, full deck editor will have unnamed text displayed for custom cards.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2788

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d2umorjzl ... C_9999.rar

Deck editor full:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8210580/DotP%20 ... Editor.zip

Tools to unpack, make .TDX

http://mod.gib.me/dotp/bin-temp2.zip

have fun.

Once you make a deck, you will have to delete your profile to use it or it will be locked. That or use the unlock deck cheat described here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... t378562751
omnix32

Postby Epiphany » 30 Jun 2010, 15:36

Thanks for the info!

I'm already loving the card making idea. I'm just picking a random card in 4th Edition (my first edition) to try and make, and will come back if I have any questions.

I take it people have learnt the LUA scripting for abilities merely by looking at other abilities?

I'll be doing the same, and I'll have a go at documenting each ability I use, so that we can maybe end up with a usable guide.
Epiphany

Postby Epiphany » 30 Jun 2010, 16:34

I have created a very quick table that lists the "triggers" used for triggered abilities of cards in the Data_Core section.

Would something like this be useful? I intend to expand it to more than just the triggers if people think it might help. If there already is something like this then please let me know and I'll forget about it.

The temporary link, until I find a better home, is here:

http://padbury.uk.to/magic/triggers/
Epiphany

Postby Uresti » 30 Jun 2010, 16:38

Epiphany wrote: I take it people have learnt the LUA scripting for abilities merely by looking at other abilities?
Yes premade cards are good examples, the hard part is when you have to implement the same abilities in different ways
And Sorry about the DLC its just works for some versions.

Thats a great idea Ephiphany!
Uresti

Postby omnix32 » 30 Jun 2010, 16:57

That would be awesome, a break down of all the functions folder and what each file does, and where you should use each file in the code for the card. (Hope that made sense)

Uresti is correct. I was Able to make ICY tap Untapped creatures, (Targets only untapped creatures) but have no idea how to put the rest of the code together for untapped lands and untapped artifacts.

Simple breakdown of Code would help many on what to use..

and what not to use.

sadly.......I have my wife at bay with some breakfast, then the computer gets broken down......
omnix32

Postby Huggybaby » 30 Jun 2010, 20:35

Thanks for the chart Epiphany, this is coming together well.
Huggybaby
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Documentation