It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:17

Text Size

Basic Abilities and function calls

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Basic Abilities and function calls

Postby omnix32 » 28 Jun 2010, 15:50

Put those Karm's in my black deck thinking for some reason they did what Bad moon does (Been a long time, and I got em mixed up)........What a supprise!!!! I need Bad Moon's......... Karma is such a hoser card.

Buying a house today, so that ICY is going to be put on hold for a bit. I think Bad moon would be more easy.

Computer stomped the dog out of my black deck like 8 times in a row. Those overruns are some nasty cards.

have fun.
omnix32

Postby Uresti » 28 Jun 2010, 16:18

really Omnix32 we should start to do that comprehensive guide i just realized that you have what i lack Details! besides english is not my mother language :)

and about dual lands they are half faiule...they give 2 manas instead of 1, i was fooling with that and made a creature with <card metaname Land> and <type Island> and i have a creature that give mana but i cant put in on battlefield the same turn a land comes in to play but he gave me mana!!, a nevinyrrals ability dont destroy them because they are lands..but armageddon takes care of them because the same thing.

Congratz for your new house!
Uresti

Postby omnix32 » 28 Jun 2010, 18:38

Comprehensive Guide: I may have the ability to explain things in detail, but YOU have the knowledge that needs to go into the guide.

It would seem that things could be broken down into the Call functions, and give a player an idea where to look, or what file would be best to look in. That was my issue, trying to sort that out. (Hence, no ICY just yet)
--------------------------------------------------------
<MULTICARDS>

<CARD>
<TITLE text="Bad_Moon" />
<FILENAME text="Bad_Moon" />
<COLLECTIONMAX value="500" /> --What are these?
<COLLECTORNUMBER value="500" />-- What are these?
<ARTID value="301021" /> -- 20 after the Black Knight
<FRAMECOLOUR name="B" /> -Border to use
<COLOR value="B" /> --Card is Black
<ARTIST name="Jesper Myrfors" /> -- Artist found on card
<CASTING_COST cost="{1}{B}" /> --Casting cost
<CARDNUMBER value="7" /> -- AI use??
<FLAVOURTEXT text="BAD_MOON_FLAVOUR" />
<TYPE metaname="Enchantment" />
<EXPANSION metaname="4th" />-- This matter?
<RARITY metaname="rare" />

<STATIC_ABILITY tag="BAD_MOON_RULE_1" layer="0"> (found in rules) DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\TEXT_DUELTIME\4th_CARD_TEXT.XML

<FILTER>
return CreaturesAndBlack() --Card does not target so look in Filters.LUA
</FILTER>
<EFFECT>
PlusOnePlusOne()--gives all back creatures +1/+1
</EFFECT>
</STATIC_ABILITY>
<HELP title="INFO_BADGE_TITLE_2"
body="INFO_BADGE_BODY_2" /> --Whats this?
<SFX text="BLACKBLADE1_played" /> --Not sure what will happen here
</CARD>
</MULTICARDS>
--------------------------------------------------

Man, got to go get a moving van. If anyone can find issue with my (messed up tutorial card) then help me fix them.
omnix32

Postby petitrudy » 28 Jun 2010, 19:04

i need to put picture in DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS insted of DATA_DLC_9999 to work
petitrudy

Postby Uresti » 28 Jun 2010, 19:38

petitrudy wrote:i need to put picture in DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS insted of DATA_DLC_9999 to work
no, for the new cards you make put on \Data_DLC_9999\DATA_PC\DATA_LOD2\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS\ thats where all the new TDX files goes

omnix32 wrote:but YOU have the knowledge that needs to go into the guide
thans for belive in me but i dont have that, im still trying to figure all the things.
<COLLECTIONMAX value="500" /> --Number of the MTG:DOTP cards (383) dunno why cuz they only have like 260
<COLLECTORNUMBER value="500" />-- Number of the card in MTG:DOTP collection
<CARDNUMBER value="7" /> -- AI use?? not sure but look to an ISLAND have the same cardnumber and collectornumber
<EXPANSION metaname="4th" />-- Absolutly! is the name of the XML database that have stored the texts in the cards, in the case of Alpha is A_CARD_TEXT

body="INFO_BADGE_BODY_2" /> --AI info in what utility/harmful can be the card found on CONSTANTS.LUA
<SFX text="BLACKBLADE1_played" /> --IT will call the visual effect that must display when card/effect is played
Uresti

Postby omnix32 » 28 Jun 2010, 23:22

Uresti Thank you for the info. I am now going to attempt to make My Bad Moon. Then take revenge on a certain AI playing a green deck.

If I was not so clueless about C++ and .LUA scripting...... one good thing, because of the .LUA scripts it may be possible to make some more complex filters.
Ummm. Huggybaby, Has some pretty readable post, Could even be a expert in guide making.

Right now, I just signed for a house, and wouldn't you know. It is out in a place where there is no Internet. I can't believe it!!! This is 2010!!! Right now looking at options that don't have the words "Dial UP" in the terms of agreement.

Need a project team, stick with one folder, a few guys to put together everyones submissions, and BAM!!!! tons of cards on the way. A SVN where everyone works with updated folder?

Going to attempt to make my Bad_Moon now.

BTW, did not notice your bad moon......all that work for nothing...sigh...

Have fun.
omnix32

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 01:20

it a good idea to have a project team. but gonna past some time until members start to came and work.

for the moment im trying to implement a function to shuffle graveyard in library, and changing TYPES on runtime but seems not possible with my limited knowledge. why dont start with the rest of ALPHA creatures? some of them are easy.
Uresti

Postby omnix32 » 29 Jun 2010, 02:17

It would seem wise to go in order, though I am not sure I want Black lotus, and mox cards around. Have those overpowered cards in the Microprose version.

Thinking that starting at 4th edition may be good. Some of the older cards are good, but the older cards were so expensive that players may be able to identify with cards in 4th edition and up. Most the 90's players had 4th edition with some from the older expansions cards. Even in 96' most were not playing with revised beta or Alpha cards, and seldom run into ledgends or The Dark.

Really need more input on this, and no internet for who knows when after we start moving tommorow.

Seems like Your Bad Moon would not show up in deck. had to change Bad moon to BAD_MOON.
For some reason the Art is not showing up with just Character naming and had to change to numeric. How you got it to work (We have the same version of the program)
I can't tell.

Also the Code I found.

return CreaturesAndBlack()

compared to yours

return BlackCreatures()

I am clueless how you got that, but looking at mine, would seen that at worse it would give +1/+1 to every creature if it worked at all.

Your Bad Moon works just fine!!!!

Right now, everyone is pissed on steam because there is no deck construction. Post, after post....... That is if they can get the game to start.

Thanx for the input, Keep the interest going please, when I get this internet sorted I will be coming back, and hopfully with a ton of easy creature cards. We can sort and compare after.

Have a awesome day!!!!
omnix32

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 03:08

Good Luck with the move hope you get internet soon, i was thinking the same about 4th and less older sets, they have really good cards and easy to code but before i want to get that "shuffle graveyard" to work.
return BlackCreatures()
Find it on FILTERS.LUA

-- Coloured creatures

function BlackCreatures()
return (Creatures() and Black())
end
function OtherBlackCreatures()
return (OtherCreatures() and Black())
end
function RedCreatures()
return (Creatures() and Red())
end
Uresti

Postby omnix32 » 29 Jun 2010, 03:34

umm. shows how much I know about code. I needed the return not realizing the Return part was the actual Code.

function BlackCreatures()-- Call routine duhhh
return (Creatures() and Black())-- What that includes.
end
4 Print text "I did not understand."
5 print text "It is dark, turn on light?"
10 Get a$
15 If a$ = "Y" then goto 35
16 If a$ = "N" then goto 30
20 Else goto 4.
21 end if
30 Print text"You were killed by a grue, hiding in the dark"
end.
35 Print text "you win!!! you chased the grue away with light.
end.

There ya go, bout what I know.

Seems the .png files have to be a certain pixle size. Had to recrop Bad Moon and make it 512 X 376 It showed up after I did this. Not sure if I did an extra step that would have worked anyway, but this is how it ended up.

Get that shuffle going !!!!

I'll get back whenever. Keep things alive!!!

have fun!! and a awesome day.
omnix32

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 04:46

function BlackCreatures()-- Call routine duhhh for me to remember the difference of the routines is FILTERS (if black if land if crit, is EXTRACT count hand count players count steps, is EFFECT tap discard draw.

No reshuffling is not going well until now selects cards in Graveyard but does nothing with them maybe ill make TARGET card by card, i cant imagine whrn you wanna reshuffle 100 cards form GY #-o

10 Print "IMAGE is 256x 188"
20 For I = 1 to every time i remember BASIC
30 PRINT "ROFL"
40 NEXT
50 INPUT "keep trying to reshuffle GY?"
60 IF "no" then TAKE a nap
70 else you will never finish it
80 END
Uresti

Postby Snacko » 29 Jun 2010, 09:43

There are already cropped pictures of all cards available here in HQ quality viewtopic.php?f=15&t=445
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 13:40

Thank you Snackoneed to remove the images of the cards for better ones
Uresti

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Jun 2010, 18:25

Snacko, who was it here that was working with LUA? Was it Incantus or you or Nate or...
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Uresti » 29 Jun 2010, 19:20

That would be great to know someboy with more knowledge. but the problem is not the LUA functions in DOTP, its the internal EXE modules those scrips calls like:
:Library_GetTop() :GetXXX Get_Ref etc.
Uresti

PreviousNext

Return to Documentation