It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:20

Text Size

Hey! How about a begginers guide 2013 ?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Hey! How about a begginers guide 2013 ?

Postby STKL » 06 Jan 2013, 04:44

@"RiiakShiNal"]

I checked my file and the multiverse was spelled correctly, and the ID number, I had changed that number to see if that would allow it to work and forgot to change it back.

Thing is, I had pretty much the same code, then tried to paste it on this forum but it wouldn't let me so I started deleting /'s and -'s and all sorts of stuff to see if it would let me paste it then. Finally I gave up and just uploaded it, by making an account for mediafire.

I had also tried making other cards that had really simple no abilities and were not listed on my computer.

I tried taking your code that you posted of Kor Duelist, and pasting on a blank Notepad, saving it as kor_duelist_177542 xml in the UTF-8 coding and placing it in the "CARDS" folder of my test deck, then going to the "DECK's" folder and adding it to the deck order. Your coded card does not show up either.
Here is the test deck that I tried to create:
Edit: new link because old one was all messed up.
mediafire
com
?3qu6mp78ptpxxom
STKL

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 Jan 2013, 16:38

I looked at your wad and I see 2 problems.
  1. You have 4 spaces before the XML declaration in Kor Duelist (XML is picky about that and when you copy from a code box here all the lines have an extra 4 spaces at the beginning). The other lines don't really matter whether they have whitespace in front of them, but it does matter for the XML declaration.
  2. The uid you use for your land pool is likely used by the official game and will likely cause problems when the computer tries to use your deck. Optimally your land pool uid should be related to your deck's uid (like you did with unlocks).

And of course you still have to add images.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jan 2013, 21:36

I know this is a double post, but as it is unrelated to my last post I figured it should be separate. This was originally written for a different thread, but it is applicable to go here as well.

Instructions on how to add custom Avatars (Personas) to DotP 2013:

These instructions assume you already know how to create a basic WAD and know the basic structure for a mod.

1. Create an avatar XML file in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\CONFIGS\PLAYER_AVATARS (I recommend naming it AVATARS_XXXX.XML with XXXX being some unique identifier for you or your mod, I used AVATARS_RSN.XML without problem).
  2. In the avatar XML file add AVATAR tags for all the avatars you want to create. Like this (minus notes I added using "<--":
    Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <AVATARS>
       <CONTENT_PACK_UID UID="0"/>
       <IMAGE DIRECTORY="Art_Assets\Textures\personas\" />
       <AVATAR ID="8192"              <-- Unique ID for the Avatar does not interfere with deck uids.
          UID="persona_rsn"           <-- Texture name for persona.
          name="PERSONA_NAME_8192"    <-- I have not found anywhere this matters or is defined yet.
          desc="UI_PERSONA_UNLOCKED"  <-- Text description for avatar (this one says "Avatar Unlocked").
          locked="false" />           <-- Whether avatar is locked or not (for us we should always put locked="false").
    </AVATARS>
  3. Create a TDX image for persona and backplate (both should be named according to the uid you used in the XML above).
  4. Put persona image in ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PERSONAS
  5. Put backplate image in ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PERSONAS\BACKPLATES
  6. Pack your WAD
  7. Put it in your game directory

It's that easy (even easier than creating a new deck). Though just like custom decks and cards, the only way to use them online is if the person you are playing with has the exact same WADs of the exact same versions.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: ;)

Postby Marcel Costa » 16 Mar 2013, 01:24

thefiremind wrote:
yojimbo55 wrote:Also whenever i win against the opponent the game crashes:x.
This is a very common problem that doesn't have only one reason. I can't see anything wrong in your deck, but you used a very high number for the deck's and land pool's ID, maybe it isn't fully supported. Try to use shorter IDs (I use 7 digits at most).
I believe it is due to the land/mana excess. I have a deck with 12 cloudpost that always crash the game at the end of the match. If reduced land cards are played (on the table I mean, not on the deck)the game wont crash.
Marcel Costa

Postby yojimbo55 » 16 Mar 2013, 20:36

Well so far i have not encountered this issue ever again. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is land related.
Number one issue i always have with my self made decks are land related. So annoying you cant control the amount more manually.
yojimbo55

Postby thefiremind » 16 Mar 2013, 21:30

yojimbo55 wrote:So annoying you cant control the amount more manually.
Try this:
  <LandConfig ignoreCmcOver="0" minForest="12" minMountain="2" minSwamp="2" minPlains="2" minIsland="2" numSpellsThatCountAsLand="4" />
This is the configuration I used in a sunburst test deck. Besides the numSpellsThatCountAsLand="4" due to the fact I had 4 Evolving Wilds, the interesting tag is ignoreCmcOver="0", which means "don't count cards with converted mana cost higher than 0 for the automatic land configuration". This way you can decide the exact number of basic lands through the other tags. My deck, for example, had 12 Forests and 2 of each other land type, exactly as I have set.
(Credit of the idea goes to BlindWillow :wink:)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby yojimbo55 » 21 Mar 2013, 10:05

Tried <LandConfig ignoreCmcOver="0" minForest="12" minMountain="2" minSwamp="2" minPlains="2" minIsland="2" numSpellsThatCountAsLand="4" />

I got it to work :). Bit tricky where you place the code. Under <DECKSTATISTICS.
I didn't want any Swamp cards in my deck. So i added minSwamp="0". That finally did the trick :).
yojimbo55

Postby shamaatae » 01 Apr 2013, 15:39

i packed my deck like you said, but didnt find it in deck manager.

i changed the number of cards and just kept adding numbers in the deckorderid string.

also i changed numspells count as lands to 18 because i used alot of mod-lands.

http://pastebin.com/MtaBGNxw

my .xml file
shamaatae

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Apr 2013, 17:20

There is an error in your XML here:
<DECK personality="D13_GARRUK_DEFAULT.XML" deck_box_image="D13_GARRUK" deck_box_image_locked="locked" content_pack="0" always_available="true" uid="1234001" preview_card="pack_instinct_revenge" is_black"true" is_white="true" is_red="true">
You have:
is_black"true"
But it should be (note the "="):
is_black="true"
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby shamaatae » 01 Apr 2013, 17:55

horray! i can see it!

i also figured out how to add lands correctly but unfortunatly manually.

edit: Managed to change the name and avatar of the deck. list of resources to be used for the decks would be greatly appreciated. (the estetics of the deck)

Tested out unlocks but with no luck. wanted a sidebord for my deck. is there something more i need to do than add the (deck_name)_promo_1.xml in a UNLOCKS dir?

If I want to create more decks i just change the nr 1234 into whatever right? in all headers as well?
shamaatae

Postby RiiakShiNal » 02 Apr 2013, 04:09

shamaatae wrote:i also figured out how to add lands correctly but unfortunatly manually.
Basic land is automatically added to the deck by the game until the deck reaches a total of 60 cards. If you have a deck of 35 cards the game will add 25 basic lands, if you have a deck of 40 cards then the game will add 20 basic lands, if you have a deck of 55 cards the game will only add 5 basic lands. If you have a deck of 60 cards or more the game won't add any basic land.

The LANDCONFIG block in the deck is used for tuning how much of each basic land to add within the 60 card limit as explained in the last paragraph. So if you set minSwamp="5" and minPlains="15" for a black/white deck of 40 cards the game should automatically add 5 Swamps and 15 Plains. In a 35 card black/white deck the same config would only guarantee a minimum of 5 Swamps and 15 Plains, the other 5 basic lands could be any combination of Swamps and/or Plains.

shamaatae wrote:edit: Managed to change the name and avatar of the deck. list of resources to be used for the decks would be greatly appreciated. (the estetics of the deck)
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, because the resources required for each deck will vary depending on how things are defined. In the DECK block in the deck XML you specify a personality which refers to a XML file of that name in the AI_PERSONALITIES folder. The deck_box_image and deck_box_image_locked are both filenames (minus the TDX extension) to images in the ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\DECKS directory. The preview_card is part of the filename for a TDX image in the ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\DECKS directory, but each image is prefixed by the language code and an underscore. For example "pack_instinct_revenge" in English would refer to "EN_pack_instinct_revenge.TDX", but in Korean it would be "KO_pack_instinct_revenge.TDX". The TEXT_PERMANENT entry for a deck is the name of the deck XML file. Plus all the individual resources for all the cards used in the deck.

The Personality XML also has resources associated with it. The PLANESWALKER_NAME_TAG block specifies the TEXT_PERMANENT entry to use for the AI Player Name. The *_AVATAR_IMAGE blocks each refer to an image in the ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PLANESWALKERS directory to use for the AI Player images. The MUSIC block refers to a set of music to play when in battle against that AI player, but I've never changed it to anything other than what has been specified for at least one of the default AI Players Theoretically you could put in your own music set, but I don't have any specific instructions you could follow to do it.

shamaatae wrote:Tested out unlocks but with no luck. wanted a sidebord for my deck. is there something more i need to do than add the (deck_name)_promo_1.xml in a UNLOCKS dir?
As long as the promo unlock file is properly created then it should work. In the UNLOCKS block the attribute uid must have a unique value (the value can't be used by any other deck or unlock), the deck_uid attribute must refer to the uid of the deck you want these unlocks to belong to, content_pack should be set to 0 to ensure it will work for everyone, and game_mode should be set to 2 for promo unlocks. Remember there is a 10 card limit for promo unlocks with unlockOrderId going from 0 to 9 without any repeats and the deckOrderIds must be unique from all other cards in the deck (including all unlocks from this file and any other file for the desired deck). You should also make sure you don't have any XML errors otherwise the game won't read your unlock file.

shamaatae wrote:If I want to create more decks i just change the nr 1234 into whatever right? in all headers as well?
To make more decks you need to make sure you name the XML file differently for each deck, each deck must have a unique uid, each deck must have an associated land pool and the uid of the land pool must also be unique (it can't be the same as any deck, even the one you are making it for, any other land pool, or unlock file). The uid for each set of unlocks must be unique as well and can't be the same as any deck, land pool or unlock file. When you change a deck uid then you must also change the headers for any unlocks for that deck (land pools don't refer to the deck in their header blocks). When creating uids for decks, land pools, and unlocks it is usually best to do so based on a pattern so that it is pretty easy to make them unique. For example you could make the deck 1234001, land pool 1234101, regular unlocks 1234201, and promo unlocks 1234301, then for the next deck you use 1234002, 1234102, 1234202, and 1234302 respectively for the new ids. As a note you should keep all ids less than about 2,147,000,000 (~2.147 Billion) so the game can store the ids properly. If you stick to 9 digits or less then you'll be fine.

Personalities, Images, and Preview Cards can all be reused if desired.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Master Necro » 25 Apr 2013, 16:31

Edit: Never mind got it. :)

I will try and make my first deck tomorrow. :)
Master Necro

Postby thundrio » 09 May 2013, 23:59

Hi, I tried creating a couple custom cards last night and ran into an issue where the game crashes as soon as the card is supposed to be drawn into the hand. I can see the card in the deck manager fine.

Here is a list of what I did to make the card
-Copy/Edited another card with my own linkid's and stuff
-put .tdx's in with a custom id (I edited the artist id in the card file)
-I edited the deck file, to have my new cards

If I need to be any more specific please let me know, but It seem's to be a issue where I forgot to link something somewhere (wondering if it's a common one)

tyvm
thundrio

Previous

Return to Documentation