It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:55

Text Size

Can I please get some super beginner help modding my game?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Can I please get some super beginner help modding my game?

Postby skybug12 » 25 Dec 2012, 23:16

Im trying to mod my DoTP 2013 so I can play custom decks downloaded from here, but I cant seem to get it to work. Ive tried searching the forums and I cant seem to find what I need.

I have a skidrow copy of 2013 that ive already played through the campaign. Ive tried deleting all the data from the game to start fresh, but it never gets rid of my progress. I downloaded Gibbed Tools, and put the .dll file into my game directory. I downloaded a compilation of custom decks from Thefiremind's DotP2013 DLC v6 (15/12/2012) thread. I extracted the wad files into my game directory. I unpacked and repacked a deck using the gibbed tools. When I boot the game, it plays fine. When I go to deck manager to see if the custom decks are there, only the default available decks are there.

I cant seem to figure out exactly what Im doing wrong. any help?
skybug12

Re: Can I please get some super beginner help modding my gam

Postby thefiremind » 26 Dec 2012, 00:00

You seem to do everything right, but maybe you really just need to reset your profile. Skidrow version saves it to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\SKIDROW\97330 (AppData is a hidden directory, so you have to show hidden files), just delete the files inside and you are done.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Dec 2012, 01:20

These may seem like dumb questions with obvious answers, but for troubleshooting purposes I have to ask them.

Just to verify, but when you say that you "put the .dll file" into your game directory you are actually talking about Rick's dll (d3d9x_43.dll), right? Rick's dll does not actually come as part of Gibbed Tools so I'm just trying to make sure you are putting the correct dll into the game directory and not some other dll.

Also, just to check, when you say you downloaded a compilation of custom decks from thefiremind's DLC did you also get his core wad (in addition to his decks) and put it into the game directory as well? If unsure then check for Deck_1999_Core.wad (if you have this one then yes you have the core installed) and at least one custom deck wad (Deck_1999XX_ST.wad for example) to make sure at least one custom deck is installed to check for in deck manager.

Also, again for troubleshooting purposes, do you have a Script_Log in your game directory? If so there may be information that can help us fix your problem.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby skybug12 » 26 Dec 2012, 04:35

deleting the skidrow profile did it!

thank you guys so much!
skybug12

Return to Documentation