It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:40

Text Size

July Tournament (in progress)

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: July Tournament (in progress)

Postby Serbitar » 04 Jul 2010, 10:08

Group A:

Cognis (vs AI Monopoman 2:1, vs AI TheDrigo 2:0) - Cognis +3pts
Against Monopoman, there were three scenarios: AI doesn't get Prog (I win), AI gets Prog me being color screwed (I loose), AI gets Prog, I race with double exalted Baneslayer Angel *g*

Monopoman (vs AI Cognis 2:1, vs AI The Drigo 2:0) - Monopoman +3pts
The match against Cognis was really hard. His creatures are way better than yours and you need to save your swords for Gaddock (as you will not win without NO). Would have lost here, if the AI knew how to race. It is really awful, how it will never attack if that might lead to a trade in creatures (you need only one 3/3 to hold off three AI 3/3s).
In the other matchup, Trygon Predator just wins.

TheDrigo (vs AI Cognis 0:2, vs AI Monopoman 1:2) - Cognis +5pts, Monopoman +3pts
Hardcasting Emrakul is fun (but quite hard) *g*. That said, I had some broken hands (like a possible t2/3 Emrakul, but AI plows my Metalworker), that were foiled by AI counters or removal, and I had to mulligan alot. Sorry.

Group C:

Discoransom (vs AI Shantak 0:2, vs AI Juzamjedi 2:1) - Discoransom +1pt, Shantak +5pts
The game against Elves was lost by not drawing a fourth mana. Against the Poxdeck, I simply stand no chance.

Shantak (vs AI Discoransom 2:0, vs AI Juzamjedi 0:2) - Shantak +2pts, Juzamjedi +5pts
Rough luck against the Elves-Deck, which should be favorable. I mull to five both games and cannot draw any lands.

Juzamjedi (vs AI Discoransom 2:0, vs AI Shantak 2:0) - Juzamjedi +4pts
Funny how the Elves/Belcher Deck can have more lands than the Pox Deck... otherwise the games were very straightforward. Sometimes a Wrath speedbumps me, but it never matters.
Serbitar

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 11:29

Group C

Discoransom vs Shantak 1-2
Discoransom vs Juzamjedi 2-0

Shantak vs Discoransom 2-0
Shantak vs Juzamjedi 1-2

Juzamjedi vs Discoransom 2-0
Juzamjedi vs Shantak 2-0

Juzamjedi: 7 point
Shantak: 5 points
Discoransom: 2 points

Match 1 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
Had to mulligan and had a decent hand but Pox and the like stopped me from getting a solid mana base, in the end I did but it was all over with The Rack and 2 Bloodghast.
Game 2: This time I was able to be one step ahead of the AI. It destroyed a lot of my lands but 2 Mind Stone helped my mana curve.
Game 3: I had a great hand and controlled the tempo but 2 Pox and 2 The Rack followed by a hasted Bloodghast was overwhelming.

Match 2 (Juzamjedi AI)
Game 1:
I had to mulligan but the AI had a slow start and couldn’t keep up.
Game 2: The AI had a good start getting me down to 7 but after Wrath of God took care of that it was just a matter of time when I’ll win.

Match 3 (Discoransom AI)
Game 1:
I had a great hand and was first. Sink Hole started it, Hymn to Tourach continued and Pox finished it. After that Bloodghast was free to wreak havoc.
Game 2: Bloodchief Ascension got powered with Bloodghast and after that it was just about getting the AI to 0 life. It was a long task since it was able to play Lodestone Golem two time. In the end I was at 8 and the AI at 4 with Lodestone Golem into play. I draw and play Crucible of Worlds and return Wasteland and Bloodghast. Bloodghast attacks for 2 and Wasteland takes out another 2 and I win. I would have probably lost without it.

Match 4 (Juzamjedi AI)
Game 1:
I had a good start but the elves multiplied rapidly and without mass removal and creatures incapable of blocking I had no way to stop them.
Game 2: AI had a quick start and took me down to 4 but after I cast Pox upon him and killed in total 5 lands with that and Wasteland + Crucible of Words combo and Extirpate on Land Grant there was very little mana left to play anything.
Game 3: I had an amazing hand but with one land and Bloodchief Ascension, The Rack, Innocent Blood, Raven’s Crime and 2 Hymn to Tourach so I decided to risk it. Unfortunately I didn’t get another land for a few more turns but I don’t think it would matter since the AI had such an explosive hand that it overwhelmed me into a few turns. The best solution against this deck is mass removal after the AI puts everything in play and after that it’s game over, they’re very quick and it’s hard to stop them without mass removal.

Match 5 (Discoransom AI)
Game 1:
Elvish explosion took out the AI on turn 5.
Game 2: Another turn 5 win.

Match 6 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
Turn 5 win. The AI crippled itself by playing Wasteland, Swamp, Wasteland, Swamp so it couldn’t play many of the key cards it had.
Game 2: Bramblewood Paragon and 2 Joraga Warcaller together were enough to overwhelm on turn 5.

I love Shantak’s deck but it can be just a little bit complicated for the AI while the elves are just insane. They’re not unbeatable but are pretty consistent and after 2-3 turns they multiply and overwhelm.
Last edited by Cognis on 04 Jul 2010, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 13:50

My deck is pretty straight forward, only thing is that the Wilt Leaf Liege doesn't come into play when you're forced to discard it so just use debug mode to put it into play. Other than that it's just aggro all the way.
Cognis
Tester

Postby jatill » 04 Jul 2010, 13:54

Cognis wrote:My deck is pretty straight forward, only thing is that the Wilt Leaf Liege doesn't come into play when you're forced to discard it so just use debug mode to put it into play. Other than that it's just aggro all the way.
I don't know how other people do the tournament, but the way I play, I let the bugs stand as-is. The way I view it, it's just part of the game. For example, in one match I played with aww's deck, I control magic'ed a kitchen finks. When it persisted, I kept it (which should not happen). I won the game because of that bug. (hurray for Ajani + Finks combo)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Serbitar » 04 Jul 2010, 14:27

Cognis wrote:[b]Group C

Discoransom vs Shantak 1-2
Discoransom vs Juzamjedi 2-0

Shantak vs Discoransom 2-0
Shantak vs Juzamjedi 1-2

Juzamjedi vs Discoransom 2-0
Juzamjedi vs Shantak 2-0

Juzamjedi: 7 point
Shantak: 4 points
Discoransom: 1 point
Shouldn't this be 5pts for Shantak (once 2:0, once AI 2:1) and 2pts for Discoransom (2:0)?
Serbitar

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 15:01

Yes, it should, I don't know how I miscalculated that one but I'll edit the results and check other ones I posted as well.
Cognis
Tester

Postby jatill » 04 Jul 2010, 15:46

Group D results:
aww vs serbitar vs brandon
All decks went 2-0
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby taron » 04 Jul 2010, 15:47

Yeah, I do roughly the same as Jatill, if something goes strange, as long as I can continue the match, I do.
taron

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 16:22

Group A

Cognis vs Monopman 2-1
Cognis vs Thedrigo 2-0

Monopman vs Cognis 2-1
Monopman vs Thedrigo 2-0

Thedrigo vs Cognis 1-2
Thedrigo vs Monopman 2-0

Cognis: 6 points
Monopman: 3 points
Thedrigo: 2 points

Match 1 (Monopman AI)
Game 1:
Wilt-Leaf Liege powered my creatures and outraced Progenitus without a problem.
Game 2: I was mana flooded and couldn’t finsh the game before Progenitus finished me off.
Game 3: Gaddock Teeg locked the AI and although it had removal it thought that Qasali Pridemage and Kitchen Finks were a bigger threat. In the end AI didn’t have Natural Order so it didn’t really matter.

Match 2 (Thedrigo AI)
Game 1:
The AI didn’t play anything. It had mana but it seems it’s reluctant to use Ancient Tomb.
Game 2: AI activated Metalworker but didn’t reveal any cards which was strange but it worked fine in rest of the matchs.

Match 3 (Cognis AI)
Game 1:
Oppening hand – I have no land and decide to mulligan, although if I didn’t play against my own deck I might have taken a chance since I had 2 Swords to Plowshares, Brainstorm, Coiling Oracle, Werebear, Fact or Fiction and Force of Will and get to draw first. As I said I would have kept the hand but because I’m in a conflict of interest I’ll keep it safe and mulligan into Forest, fetch land, Tarmogoyf, Brainstorm, Tyrgon Predator and Natural Order; I draw first

Turn 1: AI – Forest
Draw Trygon Predator, Play Forest
Turn 2: AI – Forest
Draw Seaside Citadel, Play Seaside Citadel
Turn 3: AI – Forest
Draw Werebear, Play fetch land, Werebear
Turn 4: AI – nothing
Draw Brainstorm, Play Natural Order
Turn 5: AI – AI plays nothing and it’s all over a turn later

Game 2: Oppening hand – 2 Tropical Island, Tundra, Werebear, Force of Will, Progenitus; I play first

Turn 1: Play Tropical Island
AI – Forest, Noble Hierarch
Turn 2: Draw fetch land, Play fetch land, Werebear
AI – Plains, Qasali Pridemage and Swords to Plowshares but I counter with FoW (Progenitus)
Turn 3: Draw Progenitus, Play nothing
AI – Plains, Path to Exile (Forest) and in response I play Fact or Fiction (Ponder, Tarmogoyf and Trygon Predator over Swords to Plowshares and Natural Order since Progenitus is in my hand and I have no creatures), Watchwolf
Turn 4: Draw fetch land, Play Tropical Island, Tarmogoyf
AI – fetch land, Gaddock Teeg which gets FoW (Trygon Predator), Sword to Plowshares (Tarmogoyf); AI 19, Me 11
Turn 5: Draw Tarmogoyf, Play fetch land, Tarmogoyf
AI – Wilt-Leaf Liege and I have to block a double exalted 7/7 Watchwolf
Turn 6: Draw fetch land, Play I scoop since I’m at 10, have only Progenitus in hand and nothing on the board and the AI will hit me for 14

Game 3: Oppening hand – fetch land, Forest, Nimble Mongoose, Tarmogoyf, Trygon Predator and 2 Force of Will; I play first

Turn 1: Play Forest, Nimble Mongoose
AI – Forest
Turn 2: Draw Swords to Plowshares, Play fetch land, Tarmogoyf
AI – nothing
Turn 3: Draw Brainstorm, Play Brainstorm, Tarmogoyf
AI – fetch land
Turn 4: Draw Swords to Plowshares, Play Trygon Predator (which I should’ve left as fodder for FoW)
AI – Plains, Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
Turn 5: Draw Force of Will, Play Swords to Plowshares, attack; AI 1, Me 19
AI – Savannah, Gaddock Teeg (FoW), Qasali Pridemage
Turn 6: Draw Tarmogoyf, Play attack for the win

Match 4 (Thedrigo AI)
Game 1:
The AI stood no chance. Progenitus made it short.
Game 2: I actually miss clicked and put Nimble Mongoose instead of Progenitus into play but it didn’t change the outcome of the match.

Match 5 (Cognis AI)
Game 1:
Oppening handTropical Island, Crop Rotation, Voltaic Key, Howling Mine, Eldrazi Conscription, Darksteel Colossus and Emrakul, I mulligan into a no land hand and then into Urza’s Mine, Urza’s Power Plant, Howling Mine and 2 Chromatic Sphere and have no choice but to take it; I play first

Turn 1: Play Urza’s Power Plant, Chromatic Sphere
AI – Savannah
Turn 2: Draw Urza’s Mine, Play Urza’s Mine, Howling Mine
AI – Plains, Qasali Pridemage
Turn 3: Draw Grim Monolith, Ancient Tomb, Play Urza’s Mine, Grim Monolith
AI – Plains, Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
Turn 4: Draw Metalworker, Tropical Island, Play Metalworker, activate 2 Chromatic Sphere and get Tropical Island and Lodestone Golem
AI – fetch land, Kitchen Finks, I don’t block and Swords to Plowshares take out Metalworker
Turn 5: Draw Urza’s Tower, Master Transmuter, Play Urza’s Tower, Master Transmuter
AI – Wilt-Leaf Liege but thankfully doesn’t attack
Turn 6: Draw Howling Mine, Crop Rotation, Play Tropical Island, Howling Mine
AI – Path to Exile followed by Swords to Plowshares on Master Transmuter, off course that I returned him into my hand and into play. AI had a good idea but didn’t time it well; I play Crop Rotation (Urza’s Mine for Urza’s Tower)
Turn 7: Draw Voltaic Key, Urza’s Power Plant, Sundering Titan, Play Urza’s Power Plant, Sundering Titan and Master Transmuter (which was returned to my hand)
AI – Swords to Plowshaers on Sundering Titan which leaves him landless
Turn 8: Draw Lodestone Golem, Howling Mine, Crop Rotation, Play
AI – Savannah, it didn’t play anything and discarded Noble Hierarch which was a sign that the AI gave up so I ended the match to give thedrigo the win

Game 2: Oppening hand – 2 Arcane Tomb, Urza’s Power Plant, 2 Grim Monolith, Master Transmuter, Sundering Titan. It was a decent hand but it would be painful to cast with only Arcane Tomb, Sundering Titan is good but it can be removed easily and without him I have nothing to play with so I mulligan into Urza’s Power Plant, 2 Urza’s Mine, 2 Crop Rotation and Master Transmuter; after much consideration I decide to mulligan since I have no coloured mana sources and only coloured cards. I mulligan into Urza’s Mine, Urza’s Power Plant, Misty Rainforest, Crop Rotation and Lodestone Golem. Not perfect but solid. I play first

Turn 1: Play Urza’s Power Plant
AI – Savannah
Turn 2: Draw Urza’s Mine, Play fetch land
AI – fetch land, Noble Hierarch
Turn 3: Draw Urza’s Powe Plant, Play Crop Rotation (Mine for Tower)
AI – Forest, Wilt-Leaf Liege
Turn 4: Draw fetch land, Play Urza’s Mine, Lodestone Golem
AI – Path to Exile on my golem, Qasali Pridemage
Turn 5: Draw Ancient Tomb, Play fetch land
AI – fetch land, attack, Kitchen Finks; Me 4, AI 20
Turn 6: Draw Grim Monolith, Play nothing but watch the army on the other side overwhelm me

Game 3: Oppening handUrza’s Power Plant, Voltaic Key, Howling Mine, Metal Worker, Master Transmuter, 2 Lodestone Golem. It’s a good hand but worthless without a second mana source so I mulligan into Urza’s Tower, fetch land, Voltaic Key, Metalworker, Howling Mine and Sundering Titan; I play first

Turn 1: Play Urza’s Tower, Voltaic Key
AI – Forest, Mox Diamond, Qasali Pridemage
Turn 2: Draw Ancient Tomb, Play Ancient Tomb, Metalworker
AI – Plains, Path to Exile, Noble Hierarch
Turn 3: Draw Crop Rotation, Play Howling Mine
AI – Plains, Kitchen Finks
Turn 4: Draw Chromatic Sphere, Master Transmuter, Play Master Transmuter
AI – Savannah, Qasali Pridemage
Turn 5: Draw Tropical Island, Play Master Transmuter goes for Sundering Titan and returns Voltaic Key, AI kills Qasali Pridemage to get rid of Master Transmuter, I have to play Lodestone Golem with Arcane Tomb and go down to 1 life because I have only one blocker and the AI has two attackers; AI kills another Pridemage to kill Sundering Titan and losses all lands it had while I lose the 2nd Tropical Island
AI – Forest, attacks with Kitchen Finks which I blocked
Turn 6: Draw Master Transmuter, Crop Rotation, Play I have nothing to play, AI wins

Match 6 (Monopman AI)
Game 1:
A lot of mana and a lot of big creatures shrouded with Lightning Greaves were too much for the AI. It had Progenitus and a lot of creatures but it wasn’t enough. Just in case I had a Platinum Angel out.
Game 2: I though it was over when AI pathed my Metalworker in response to attaching Lightning Greaves but I drew the third Urza land which powered Sundering Titan wih shroud to kill three lands and block the AI’s army. Turn after Kozilek, Butcher of Truth and Lodestone Golem entered and there was no escape.

I like thedrigos’s deck since it can put massive creatures into play and went it gets the right hand it’s amazing but consistency is it’s problem so you have to mulligan quite a lot, maybe Serum Powder could be a solution for that. Anyway, Thedrigo and Monopman you’re free to analyze the matches I had with your decks against mine, if there was a mistake that cost you the win I’ll gladly replay them but I don’t think there was much more I could have done, but each player knows his deck best
Attachments
report-legacy-july.rar
As usual, a complete report of the first round
(15.31 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Cognis
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 04 Jul 2010, 18:48

Quick note before this report. If something buggy happens I will usually let the game continue. The only time I have debugged so far was when my Nevinnyral's Disk blew up Ajani Goldmane; this is clearly wrong and simply shouldn't happen.

Group D:
Brandon822 as human win 2-0 against Serbitar
Brandon822 as human lose 1-2 against Aww1979
Serbitar as human win 2-0 against Brandon822
Serbitar as human win 2-0 against Aww1979
Aww1979 as human win 2-0 against Brandon822
Aww1979 as human win 2-0 against Serbitar

Brandon822 vs. Serbitar

Game 1 I have 4 lands, Wall of Omens, Mulldrifter, Master Transmuter. Keep.
AI has some early Smallpox action, but I play lands and Evoke Mulldrifters to keep hitting land drops. Eventually I use disk to kill all of AI's beast tokens. I get 7 lands in play so I can play Baneslayer along with another creature to sacrifice. AI Damnation. Follow up Baneslayer + creature. AI Death Cloud for 3 and wrecks me. The game grinds on for a long time after that and eventually I have a ton of mana and hardcast Inkwell Leviathan. He doesn't get answered and I win.
Game 2 I have 3 lands, 2 Wall of Omens, Plumeveil, Master Transmuter. Keep.
I keep cantripping into lots of land drops. I actuallly get to attack a few turns before AI hits Damnation to reset. AI then goes Death Cloud for 1 against my empty board (?). I follow up with a Baneslayer that goes unanswered. AI shows me Sorin Markhov with Urza's Bauble, but never plays it (?)

Game 1 I have 3 lands, STE, Garruk and 2 Damnation. Keep.
I ramp with STE, play T3 Garruk untap and Smallpox to kill AI's Deft Duelist. AI misses land drops while I use Garruk to build Beasts. AI does nothing and I Death Cloud to win.
Game 2 I have 3 lands, Sensei's Diving Top, Disfigure, Kitchen Finks, Yavmiaya Elder. Keep.
I never cast Damnation or Death Cloud, but I win. The AI didn't play much; Deft Duelist, Mulldrifter evoked, and some Oblivion Ring. I Maelstrom Pulse 2x Oblivion Ring and AI doesn't do much after this.

Brandon822 vs. Aww1979
Game 1 6 lands and Inkwell Leviathan. Mulligan into 5 lands and 2x Spreading Seas. Maybe AI will have shaky mana, keep.
AI plays T2 Meddling Mage naming Spreading Seas. Oof. I draw lands, another Spreading Seas, and lose.
Game 2 I have 3 lands, Mulldrifter, Master Transmuter, Oblivion Ring, Urza's Bauble. Keep.
I stall a few turns, play Nevinnyral's Disk and blow it. AI loses his Planeswalker though :( so I debug and put Ajani back in play. He gets an extra counter. AI plays Meddling Mage, but this time names Inkwell Leviathan. I put Baneslayer into play and follow up with Nevinnyral's disk. after attack with Baneslayer I Oblivion Ring her and then pop disk to put her back in play. AI has Control Magic, but I topdeck Oblivion Ring. AI then uses Bribery to take... a Mulldrifter (?) Oh well, I finish off the AI and win.
Game 3 I have 3 lands, Mulldrifter, Spreading Seas, Baneslayer Angel, and Deft Duelist. Keep.
I put out Deft Duelist to block, but AI has 2x first strikers. Then he follows up with 2x Meddling Mages and I'm in big trouble. Then AI plays Baneslayer, I match him, and he sends mine farming while playing Elspeth. What a powerful start! After 2 attacks and no answers from me I lose.

Game 1 I have 3 lands, Swords to Plowshares, 2x Psionic Blast, Baneslayer Angel. Keep.
The AI plays a couple of walls to stall me. Eventually I am able to play Sphinx of Jwar Isle to start clocking him. I draw Bribery, but hold it back in case AI tried to reset. (Mistake?) eventually AI drops Baneslayer so I use Bribery to get Inkwell Leviathan and outrace him.
Game 2 I have 2 lands, Meddling Mage, Bribery, Ajani Goldmane, Swords to Plowshares, Elspeth. Keep.
I put Meddling Mage in play and name Nevinnyral's Disk. Then I put another mage in play and name Oblivion Ring. Easy to win after that.

Aww1979 vs. Serbitar
Game 1 I have 3 lands, Deft Duelist, Meddling Mage, Control Magic, Baneslayer Angel. Keep.
I lead off with Deft Duelist, which gets hit by Smallpox. I then play Meddling Mage naming Damnation, and it gets Disfigure'd. I then Meddling Mage for Damnation again. AI then goes Death Cloud for 1. AI then goes Smallpox, I discard Baneslayer and I have Elspeth in hand with 2 lands. I don't think Death Cloud deck can beat Elspeth. I make a token jump a few turns while AI fights my other creatures and I win.
Game 2 I have 2 lands, 2x Elspeth, Control Magic, Knight of the Meadowgrain, Meddling Mage. Keep, although 2x Elspeth is bad I probably should have mulled.
I lead off with Meddling Mage naming Smallpox. Mage gets Disfigure'd. I play Knight of Meadowgrain and AI pulses it. Then I play Elspeth and might as well win immediately after that. Notable: AI casts Top, but never uses it.

Game 1 I have 4 lands, Death Cloud, Garruk Wildspeaker and Sakura-Tribe Elder. Keep.
T2 STE, T3 Garruk + another STE, T4 Sorin Markov and put AI at 10 life. T5 Death Cloud for 4, drain 2 with Sorin, make a beast with Garruk. T6 win.
Game 2 I have 2 lands, STE, Maelstrom Pulse, Damnation, Yavimaya Elder, Kitchen Finks. Keep.
AI plays an early Meddling Mage naming Smallpox. AI plays another Meddling Mage naming STE, and I Damnation both mages away. AI does nothing for a while and I draw into Garruk. AI plays Bribery and takes my Kitchen Finks. I make some beasts and chump. AI builds up its forces, but eventually I draw Death cloud and blow up all his lands and men with Garruk on my side. Several turns later I kill the AI with beast tokens.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 04 Jul 2010, 18:50

Group A:
Cognis win 2-0 against Monopman
Cognis win 2-0 against thedrigo
Monopman win 2-0 against Cognis
Monopman win 2-0 against thedrigo
thedrigo lose 1-2 against Cognis
thedrigo win 2-1 against Monopman

Cognis vs: Monopman (AI)
I win the first game, but I am stuck on 3 lands al game long. I outrace Progenitus. Interestingly I give 4 cards Fact or Fiction pile vs. 1 Werebear that could have saved AI. Luckily he chooses 4 card pile.
I mull twice (no lands), but I slow roll Gaddock Teeg and win.

Cognis vs: thedrigo (AI)
I win the first game without much effort. The AI was one land short of finishing Tron.
The second game the only interesting play was I got to kill Lodestone Golem with Qasali Pridemage.

Monopman vs: Cognis (AI)
The AI has a decent amount of removal. However, he has little pressure and I get time to put together the combo and win.
Game 2 I don't bother keeping countermagic in hand. I build up green men and once 1 of them sticks I Natural Order for Progenitus.

Monopman vs: thedrigo (AI)
Natural Order gets there pretty easily. I was briefly scared by Metalworker, guess AI doesn't know what to do with him.
Again I combo and win. Lodestone Golem is a house and nearly clocked me though.

thedrigo vs: Cognis (AI)
I have 2 out of 3 Tron pieces, but never see the third. I ramp mana to play Platinum Angel to save my life. I attempt to use Lightning Greaves, but AI kills it in response and we go to next game.
Game 2 starts much better with T3 Metalworker and T4 Platinum Angel Equipped with Lightning Greaves. It takes me a long time of playing robots, but eventually AI runs out of removal and I bring the LOL's
Game 3 I stall for a while, but I am not able to stick any creatures and die to an assault.

thedrigo vs: Monopman (AI)
I have some mana, but I don't draw any bombs. My Lodestone Golem can't race Progenitus and I lose.
Game 2 I have full Tron, Kozilek, Lightning Greaves and Sundering Titan. This is gonna be awesome. T2 Greaves, T3 Sundering Titan and equip swing, T4 untap Monolith, T5 Kozilek and equip greaves. I end the game at 20 life, AI has no board and -15 life :)
Game 3 I keep a metalworker hand that can cast T3 Platinum Angel, but AI has Force of Will for it, T4 Sundering Titan to blow up AI's lands, T5 cast Eldrazi Conscription on my Sundering Titan and attack for 17. Oh, and eat the AI's Tarmogoyf with Annihilator :)
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 04 Jul 2010, 20:17

Group C:
Discoransom vs: Shantak (AI) lose 0-2
Discoransom vs: Juzamjedi (AI) win 2-0
Shantak vs: Discoransom (AI) win 2-0
Shantak vs: Juzamjedi (AI) win 2-0
Juzamjedi vs: Discoransom (AI) win 2-0
Juzmajedi vs: Shantak (AI) win 2-0

Discoransom vs: Shantak (AI)
I mull to 6. AI gets an early Pox and I keep Ruins of Trokair in play and cards that will allow me to play Lodestone Golem after Pox. This fails when AI follows up with Smallpox. It goes downhill from there as the AI blows up all my lands and I lose.
I mull to 6 and hope for more lands (I get 3). It doesn't matter because AI has tons of LD spells all game and the only spell I cast is a Bottle Gnomes that dies and then I get beat down by a Bloodghast.

Discoransom vs: Juzamjedi (AI)
I have Nevinnyral's Disk *and* Wrath of God. I let the AI overextend and blow up his world. I let him overextend again and blow it all up again. There is a scary moment when AI has Charbelcher in play, but he's dumb and kills my creature instead of me. I win with Open the Vaults for lots of awesomesauce.
This game goes much like the first. Except, after I blow up the world twice I use Masticore to pick off the few Elves he follows up with :)

Shantak vs: Discoransom (AI)
I mull to 5 and finally see more than 1 land (7 card hand was close, to be fair). My 5 card hand is Swamps and Crucible of Worlds, and that's exactly what I draw over the next several turns. ARGH
This time opening 7 is much better. I get 2x Bloodghast going and Pox away the AI into oblivion.

Shantak vs: Juzamjedi (AI)
I Extirpate the T1 Land Grant from AI. My hand is slow and AI gets to stick a 1 or 2 elves at all times. I get 2 Bloodghasts going though and the AI can't race them.
This game I get Crucible + LD going and it isn't close. I Extirpate Taiga. Then I rape his hand and Rack / Bloodghast him to death.

Juzamjedi vs: Discoransom (AI)
I keep a 2 land hand with Goblin Charbelcher, which is really important for this matchup. It ends up not mattering when AI misses a land drop and I kill him on turn 5.
I keep 3 lands + Land Grant + Elves. AI misses it's 4th land drop though and my horde of elves kill on turn 5. Sadly, Joraga Warcaller only got 3 counters on him this game.

Juzmajedi vs: Shantak (AI)
Key to this matchup is Priest of Titania. I get Smallpox'd on turn 1, but a couple turns later I stick Priest of Titania. Then I get Imperious Perfect into play. At this point the only card that kills me is Damnation; AI doesn't have it and I win.
AI has no Pox effects or Damnation this game so I win easily. I have Goblin Charbelcher in play and for giggles activate it for 0. :-/
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 04 Jul 2010, 20:28

Cognis wrote:Group C
[b]Game 3:
I had an amazing hand but with one land and Bloodchief Ascension, The Rack, Innocent Blood, Raven’s Crime and 2 Hymn to Tourach so I decided to risk it. Unfortunately I didn’t get another land for a few more turns but I don’t think it would matter since the AI had such an explosive hand that it overwhelmed me into a few turns. The best solution against this deck is mass removal after the AI puts everything in play and after that it’s game over, they’re very quick and it’s hard to stop them without mass removal.
I agree and this was the reason I fit Goblin Charbelcher combo into the deck. AI doesn't use it well, but human players can go for the Charbelcher win against decks with lots of Wrath effects.

Cognis wrote:I love Shantak’s deck but it can be just a little bit complicated for the AI while the elves are just insane. They’re not unbeatable but are pretty consistent and after 2-3 turns they multiply and overwhelm.
Yes they're pretty fast. There were some games in testing where Joraga Warcaller + Priest of Titania / Elvish Archdruid were absolutely insane!
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby jatill » 04 Jul 2010, 21:22

Group A:
Juzamjedi vs Cognis 2-1
monopman vs juzamjedi 2-1
The rest were 2-0
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 04 Jul 2010, 21:38

juzamjedi is in group C, thedrugo is in group A instead, there was a mixup so you'll have to play thedrigo against monopman and me since juzamjedi is not in our group
Cognis
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments