It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:07

Text Size

August Tournament Results

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: August Tournament Results

Postby aww1979 » 23 Aug 2010, 14:32

Ah, that's about what I expected. Jatill2 is better than jatill and monopoman's control is probably better than my deck. I skipped out on the City of Brass to prevent AI from missing land drops, which it almost always does when it has one in hand. I thought I had enough black land, but maybe not... Have I ever mentioned I hate basic lands? :p
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 23 Aug 2010, 14:52

Ach damn it, I thought I would go through but I lost a 6 point advantage in the last match, well, after a final and a win I guess it's ok, all streaks have to end. Will play the rounds later.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Shantak » 23 Aug 2010, 20:32

jatill vs jatill2 (AI) - 2-0 (jatill +2 points)
Put AI back with Destructive Force after being unable to stop Hypnotic Specter any other way. After rebuilding the battlefield, AI took my Primeval Titan with Control Magic, which I destroyed with Acidic Slime. After that, AI used another CM on my silme instead of the titan. That mistake might have cost AI the game, as after another Force, AI had clean plate and I a titan and five lands. 1-0

Next game was close as AI's flyers went past my defenses, but got AI to 0 while I was at 1 and would have died the next turn. 2-0

jatill2 vs jatill (AI) - 2-0 (jatill2 +2 points)
Controlled game with countermagic, did damage with Hyp and Mahamoti. Quick game. 1-0

AI casts a Titan, I control it, I win. Evil deck wins. 2-0

aww vs monopoman (AI) - 2-1 (aww +1 point)
I have four Oubliettes in play (two BSAs, two Titans) and did 10 damage with Unstable Stone Devils. However, when AI gets third BSA, I just can't win and AI gets all its life back. And AI would win even more if it knew how to use Sword of Vengeance. 0-1

AI starts slowly with three Glacial Fortresses, allowing me to take a quick win. 1-1

Another quick win as AI gets only blue mana. 2-1

monopoman vs aww (AI) - 2-0 (monopoman +2 points)
I have shortage of lands but can guide AI into attacking Jace while I get mana for Day of Judgment. After that AI's hand is nearly empty while mine is full of goodies to win the game with. 1-0

I get a nice combo going with Aether Adepts and Sun Titan. After first Titan is Oublietted I soon get another, enabling me to bounce baddies until I win. 2-0

Just so you know, I will be away for the rest of the month and won't be able to participate in the final round.
Shantak

Postby monopoman » 23 Aug 2010, 21:56

Jatill (Human) Vs. Jatill 2 (Jatill +2 points)
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: This game goes back and forth for a very long time but eventually Garruk fuels the win thanks to mazes keeping down the beats.

Game 2: Destructive force wrecks the AI and I swing in for the easy win.

Jatill 2 (Human) Vs. Jatill (Jatill 2 +1 points)
Jatill 2 wins 2-1

Game 1: AI resolves Destructive Force early GG.

Game 2: I steal Primeval Titan and use Hippie+that to totally control the game.

Game 3: This game I swing in with a hippie for the win all game countering anything that hippie does not discard.

Monopoman (Human) Vs. Aww1979 (Monopoman +2 points)
Monopoman wins 2-0

Game 1: Game goes back and forth for quite a while eventually an unanswered Sun Titan smashes face with sword of vengeance equipped.

Game 2: Game goes on a long while again with me removing many threats until I get 2 BSA out to seal the deal.

Aww1979 (Human) Vs. Monopoman (Monopoman +5 points)
Monopoman as the AI wins 2-0

Game 1: I come out very quick bringing the AI very low on life AI sees 3x Day of Judgment though and wipes my board 3 times. Each time I held back a few creatures but after losing 7 or so creatures to 3x Day of Judgment I can't recover well. My last set of beaters do nearly nothing as the AI follows it up with a BSA. When Im down to 6 from angel beats he casts a 2nd angel which is far more then the deal breaker.

Game 2: Forced to mulligan to 4 thanks to 1 land hands that were hard to consider keeping. I seem to top deck well though and get out a sizable force quickly. Unfortunately AI removes my 2 largest threats quickly Juzam and Serendib AI is down to 11 at that point. AI drops BSA I have no removal for it at all or nothing that can match it in the air. AI decides to play a 2nd BSA and that is an even worse deal for me :(. Can't stop 2 BSA's at all GG.
monopoman

Postby Brandon822 » 24 Aug 2010, 08:40

Jatill (Human) Vs. Jatill 2 (Jatill2 +3 points)

Game 1: I can't get rid of Mahamoti Djinn and it kills.

Game 2: Inferno Titan beats and Slimes take care of Control Magics.

Game 3: Everything looks fine until AI steals Inferno Titan and I draw three Destructive Force in a row! and don't have an answer for it.

Jatill 2 (Human) Vs. Jatill (Jatill 2 +2 points)

Game 1: Early Hyppie and Mahamoti Djinn takes care of the business.

Game 2: Long game. Two DF resolve. I get upper hand after second with Dark Ritual + Specter.

Monopoman (Human) Vs. Aww1979 (Monopoman +2 points)

Game 1: Baneslayers are the key.

Game 2: Baneslayers are the key.

Aww1979 (Human) Vs. Monopoman (Monopoman +5 points)

Game 1: I almost kill AI fast, but DoJ wrecks my game. After that comes angels and I'm helpless.

Game 2: Almost identical game. Again i'm not fast enough to beat him before DoJ.
Brandon822

Postby aww1979 » 24 Aug 2010, 14:40

I concede the match between myself and Monopoman. I am down 20 points after 4 games, and unless more people play than last round AND they all get 7 point victories for me, I can't catch him.
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 24 Aug 2010, 15:20

aww1979 wrote:I concede the match between myself and Monopoman. I am down 20 points after 4 games, and unless more people play than last round AND they all get 7 point victories for me, I can't catch him.
Can I concede with jatill2 so that my primary deck makes it to the finals? :twisted: (just kidding!)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 24 Aug 2010, 15:28

well, if your secondary deck makes the finals that makes monopman the winner and you should play aww with titans for second place, so I think you should choose which deck you want to play since you made them both. It seems kinda pointless that we play the final round if it doesn't make a difference who wins, and we will have that situation if your secondary deck makes it to the finals.
Cognis
Tester

Postby jatill » 24 Aug 2010, 15:30

Cognis wrote:well, if your secondary deck makes the finals that makes monopman the winner and you should play aww with titans for second place, so I think you should choose which deck you want to play since you made them both. It seems kinda pointless that we play the final round if it doesn't make a difference who wins, and we will have that situation if your secondary deck makes it to the finals.
If my secondary deck wins (and I think it will), each player gets to pick 1 card. Otherwise monopman gets all 10. So it certainly matters!
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 24 Aug 2010, 16:24

Oh, ok then, did not know that, go jatill2 :)
Cognis
Tester

Postby monopoman » 24 Aug 2010, 23:03

Hey don't count me out just yet ;).
monopoman

Postby Cognis » 25 Aug 2010, 10:24

Jatill Titans vs Jatill Cheerios 2-1
Jatill Cheerios vs Jatill Titans 2-1

Jatill Titans: 1 point
Jatill Cheerios: 1 point
Cognis
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Aug 2010, 12:58

I wasn't able to participate due to install problems,lack of mtg new card play combos,etc.finally I made some progress,so if you want to use my results as an external player for more accurate results here they are:
Jatill Titans vs Jatill Cheerios AI 2-0
Jatill Cheerios vs Jatill Titans AI 2-1
aww1979 vs monopoman AI 2-0 really bad AI plays early in the game after that it refused to play anything :shock: so I won although it had a great hand full off big creatures I couldn't counter.
monopoman vs aww1979 AI 2-0
Use my results or no,thanks guys,I enjoyed playing with your decks and learning new combos.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jatill » 25 Aug 2010, 13:24

Aswan jaguar wrote:I wasn't able to participate due to install problems,lack of mtg new card play combos,etc.finally I made some progress,so if you want to use my results as an external player for more accurate results here they are:
Thanks, I will include your results.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby juzamjedi » 25 Aug 2010, 18:18

I haven't been able to play any previous weeks and won't be able to participate this week either. Sorry guys :-/
juzamjedi
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments