It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:05

Text Size

September tournament discussion

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

September tournament discussion

Postby Cognis » 07 Sep 2010, 12:21

I have an idea for a legacy tournament, minimum two colours per deck, maximum 8 non-creature cards (sorcery, instant and so on), minimum 12 multi-coloured cards.

Legacy because I think it's the best format for the tournament.
Minimum two colours per deck because I think it will make it more interesting.
Maximum 8 non-creature cards because I want a really competitive tournament with decks the AI will be able to play well. Planeswalkers are handled as enchantments so they count as non creature cards.
Minimum 12 multi-coloured cards per deck because you'll have to rely on good combinations instead of just splashing a colour. If there are to few gold cards to make versatile deck in many combinations I'll reduce the number of mandatory gold cards. Hybrid cards count as gold cards as long as you play all the colours in it (eg. Kitchen Finks go in a WG deck or a WGU deck but not in a WU deck, etc.)

If this is a format you'd like to play say so and I'll run it. Everyone can make an A and a B deck so I'll fill in the holes in the roster with them, of course if there are fewer than 5 players than we'll just skip this month's tournament. You have until saturday to send me the decks so we can start next week.

Will there be groups or elimination I don't know. When I collect all the decks I'll let you know. For now Brandon is in, so we need at least three more players.
Last edited by Cognis on 11 Sep 2010, 16:09, edited 3 times in total.
Cognis
Tester

Re: September tournament (decks accepted until Saturday)

Postby jatill » 07 Sep 2010, 13:19

Count me in.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 07 Sep 2010, 15:55

I'll submit a deck, but I might not be able to test the later rounds. The idea sounds really cool; I'm just hoping we don't have everybody making a Wilt-Leaf Liege deck or something :p

Oh, is it minimum 12 or minimum 16 gold cards? Your post contradicts itself on this point
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 07 Sep 2010, 16:28

It's 12, I think 16 is a bit much, I forgot to edit the post.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Shantak » 07 Sep 2010, 18:57

I'll be joining too. I even considered running a tournament myself, but you got there first, Cognis. I'll consider again the next time there is no one ready in line to host.
Shantak

Postby Salbei » 07 Sep 2010, 19:38

Pm´d you my list. Won´t be able to even playtest it or playing the matches.
Hopefully once summer is over i got more time to do stuff like this. Right now i just work and sleep :?
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby thedrigo » 07 Sep 2010, 19:59

I'm pretty I'm in, but the testing might not happen for me in all rounds... It's my final semester in law school and free time has been really scarce. :?

Format sounds awesome!
thedrigo

Postby Cognis » 07 Sep 2010, 20:05

I realised that the format describes my WG aggro july deck so I hope that there won't be too many combinations like that, I decided not to play W in this tournament since I had it in the last two. I hope the tournament will be very competitive and close since the AI should be really good with all the decks
Cognis
Tester

Postby Cognis » 09 Sep 2010, 09:47

I just have to explain colour restrictions since I realise I didn't do it thoroughly enough. You need to be able to play all the cards in the deck without cheating them in like Elvish Piper or Eureka. So, if you're playing a WG deck, Elvish Piper for Akroma, Angel of Wrath would be ok, but that same move wouldn't be allowed in a BG deck. An example. You want Child of Alara in your deck, you need to have all 5 colours in your deck, at least one so you could at least theoretically play it without cheating it in. If you want a 3-4-5 coloured deck, you have to be able to play all the cards. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify that up at front and I hope it won't mess with your decks too much.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Shantak » 09 Sep 2010, 15:39

One thing I need to check: Do we use only the cards in constructed version or can we include cards from limited version? I had a great deck idea, but one key card it uses would be in M11 and wasn't brought to constructed version in last update.
Shantak

Postby jatill » 09 Sep 2010, 16:01

Shantak wrote:One thing I need to check: Do we use only the cards in constructed version or can we include cards from limited version? I had a great deck idea, but one key card it uses would be in M11 and wasn't brought to constructed version in last update.
Just constructed. Out of curiosity, which card?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Shantak » 09 Sep 2010, 16:32

jatill wrote:
Shantak wrote:One thing I need to check: Do we use only the cards in constructed version or can we include cards from limited version? I had a great deck idea, but one key card it uses would be in M11 and wasn't brought to constructed version in last update.
Just constructed. Out of curiosity, which card?
I had some grand idea which would have used Knight Exemplar, making other knights (and copies of themselves) indestructible and controlling the board with Day of Judgment (which I noticed was also just in limited) and maybe Magus of the Disk. Then I would have probably ended up using Wilt-Leaf Liege and all other cool WG knights... :)
Shantak

Postby Cognis » 10 Sep 2010, 01:09

I would've liked if the tournament could be in custom but with all the problems with installation we're playing constructed, but that's ok because there are a lot of cards to choose from. Currently I have decks from Brandon, Jatill and Salbei. I'm awaiting 3 more decks and maybe another player or two.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Nicdanger » 10 Sep 2010, 05:30

Im working on a couple decks, and barring any acts of god I'll be able to run all the rounds. Do you want just a decklist in a PM or some other format?
Nicdanger

Postby Cognis » 10 Sep 2010, 09:50

Just send the dck file from your playdeck folder.
Cognis
Tester

Next

Return to Tournaments