It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:45

Text Size

October Tourney Result Final Rd Ends Oct 25th

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

October Tourney Result Final Rd Ends Oct 25th

Postby monopoman » 06 Oct 2010, 05:28

Post results here!!

Decks were changed shortly after I uploaded them due to the 2 additional decks containing a T1 banned list of cards I am 99% sure they are clear now.
Last edited by monopoman on 21 Oct 2010, 07:12, edited 2 times in total.
monopoman

Re: October Tourney Results Round 1 ends on the 14th of Octo

Postby monopoman » 06 Oct 2010, 08:59

Okay I forgot Shantaks deck hopefully no one started testing the file has been changed for the last time!!

Pairings are final!
Attachments
Deck.zip
Final version of the file with all edits to decks and Shantaks deck which I forgot.
(10.31 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
monopoman

Postby jatill » 06 Oct 2010, 12:56

Use this version of the game. It fixes Niv-Mizzet's mana cost and unlocks all challenge cards.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hqdw790zn ... 101006.zip
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Oct 2010, 13:48

Thanks a lot Jatill you rock man!
Monopoman in your sliver deck you have Cunning Wish,Burning Wish are they not banned for our tournaments?they are also banned in EDH by wizards of the coast since we don't have a sideboard am I wrong?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Oct 2010, 15:15

Bracket A
Aswan Jaguar 2p
Monopoman 2p

Aswan Jaguar Tourlou-Monopoman Bolas 2-0
GAME 1 4turn Creakwood Liege made the difference.
GAME 2 After 10turn AI cast a damnation that wrecked my pile of creatures 3 big ones.next turn AI has too discard? and discarded Cruel Ultimatum although it had the mana to play it!Then I play Ulamog's Crusher ,AI in his turn doesn't play Nicol Bolas ,and its all over.

Monopoman Bolas-Aswan Jaguar Tourlou 2-0
GAME 1 Nicol Bolas for the win.
GAME 2 AI brought me to 10life but Nicol Bolas dealed 21 damage for the win.AI had 20life left.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 07 Oct 2010, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jatill » 06 Oct 2010, 16:01

Aswan jaguar wrote:Thanks a lot Jatill you rock man!
Monopoman in your sliver deck you have Cunning Wish,Burning Wish are they not banned for our tournaments?they are also banned in EDH by wizards of the coast since we don't have a sideboard am I wrong?
I just didn't cast them; I think it's the only fair thing to do at this point.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 06 Oct 2010, 16:22

Yeah, they're dead cards, but that's better then having to make changes in the deck, if the AI uses them I'll just use the debug mode to bury the cards it chosen.
Cognis
Tester

Postby monopoman » 06 Oct 2010, 18:09

Ya sorry about that I had to strip out and change like 10 cards out of that list cause it had a lot of banned cards missed those two.
monopoman

Postby jatill » 06 Oct 2010, 20:03

Bracket A:
Aswan Jaguar: 1
Monopman Bolas: 2

Aswan Jaguar (2-1) vs Monopman Bolas
Game 1: I burned away the first few threats and then controlled the board with Viscara.
Game 2: Bugs abounded (and I'm not talking about my general!), but none really altered the game. The problems started on turn 4 when my Order of Yawgmoth was stolen with Sower of Temptation. Not good, since he was a discard deck! Later I succummed to Cruel Ultimaum followed by Nicol Bolas.
Game 3: Survival of the Fittest let me do some busted things. Sower + Treachery slowed me down, but not enough.

Monopman Bolas (2-0) vs Aswan Jaguar
Game 1: I had control the entire game and the king of dragons won with 3 attacks.
Game 2: AI skips its 1st land drop, but has the last laugh when my Expansed land goes to my hand! In the end Inferno Titan went unanswered.

Bracket B:
Cognis: 2
Monopman Slivers: 1

Cognis (2-0) vs Monopman Slivers
Game 1: Gauntlet of Might let Ririx kill in 3 hits
Game 2: I am being completely dominated by Slivers in combination with Aether Vial and Coat of Arms. I would have died for sure had the AI not Sylvan Libraries itself down to rang of an attack from Rorix + Akroma!

Monopman Slivers (2-1) vs Cognis
Game 1 : It is a tight rare between my Slivers and the AI's nothing :) Then he drops Gauntlet, Rorix, and Akroma's Memorial and I am dead, with the Ai at 3.
Game 2: I have a slow start, but eventually I get Ward Sliver while AI never gets past 4 lands.
Game 3: AI starts on Dwarven Blastminer and I throw up a little. Then it attacks into Necrotic Sliver. Phew... Then I get Sliver Queen + Eldrazi Monument for the win.

Bracket D:
jatill: 2
Snahtak: 2

jatill (2-0) vs Shantak
Game 1: I cast Luminarch Ascension turn 2 and some creatures turns 3 and 4. Earthquake hurt both plans, but when I had Pacifism for Keiga, the Ascension went active. It was actually not trivial from there, but the Angels got it done.
Game 2: AI cast only Ryusei to slow down my Honor of teh Pure-fueled beatdown

Shantak (2-0) vs jatill
Game 1: Ai had a slow start so I assembled Niv + Arcanis and General Damaged him out.
Game 2: The AI skipped its first 2 lands, but we each had 4 on turn 6. I finally get land #5 for Bribery and get Akroma. Ai had Intrepid Hero, but I meet it with Earthquake. AI has Journey to Nowhere, so we play fair again. Somehow I draw the EDH card!! Ai plays Battlegrace Angel, but I play 5 of them. 5x lifelink on a 9/9 is not bad! And then the game froze :( I wonder if this will be a pattern.
Game 2b: I landed Niv-Mizzet, and within a turn the AI was dead (thanks Time Spiral + Memory Jar!)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 06 Oct 2010, 22:25

Aswan jaguar vs Monopman Bolas 2-0
Monopman Bolas vs Aswan jaguar 2-0

Aswan jaguar: 2 points
Monopman Bolas: 2 points

Match 1 (Monopman Bolas AI)
Game 1:
AI played only a few cards although it had more than enough lands, Propaganda and a few counterspells so it wasn’t much of a challenge.
Game 2: Hymn to Tourach discarded Emrakul and Akroma, Angel of Fury. Akroma stayed in the graveyard and instead of drawing cards in my draw phase it put a 2/2 morphed creature into play with haste under my control until after the attack phase. I used the debug mode to draw cards and didn’t use the morphed creature. It seems that it can’t be buried and even if you sacrifice it to ability another one just comes into play. Very strange, but it didn’t affect the outcome of the match since Dragonmaster Outcast decided the game. Another thing, Murderous Redcap returns with 2 counters into play, deals 2 damage and then becomes 1/1, I’m pretty sure that shouldn’t happen but I don’t know the exact ruling. I also topdecked Terminate on Nicol Bolas which was kind of fun because of the flavour text. I’m not sure but I think Darigaaz and Nicol Bolas were adversaries.

Match 2 (Aswan jaguar AI)
Game 1:
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen MVP.
Game 2: I controlled the match until AI played Damnation when it finally got its 4th land but another Nicol Bolas entered play next turn and quickly ended it. I discarded AI’s Akroma and the bug with the 2/2 morpher also happened, unfortunately I didn’t save the game as I never do since I’m apparently a dumb-ass :)

Cognis vs Monopman Slivers 2-0
Monopman Slivers vs Cognis 2-0

Cognis: 2 points
Monopman Slivers: 2 points

Match 1 (Monopman Slivers AI)
Game 1:
AI had Sliver Queen but I had Goblin Piledriver to block. I played Rorix Bladewing for the win and Magus of the Moon just made sure nothing nasty would happen while I play.
Game 2: A surprisingly easy victory. I played Chandra Nallar which was protected by Dragon Fodder and Imperial Recruiter which went for Goblin Piledriver. After Chandra exploded Sword of Fire and Ice entered, then Rorix Bladewing. In the end it turned out to be two easy victories but I must say I had a lot, and I really mean a LOT of of luck with the cards I got. Who knows how it will end, it will be open till the end.

Match 2 (Cognis AI)
Game 1:
Crystaline Sliver + Telekinetic Sliver + Synchronous Sliver + Synapse Sliver + Coat of Arms = Comfortable victory, although Rorix Bladewing would crush me if I didn’t have Telekinetic Sliver and Siege-Gang Commander would kill all of my slivers without Crystaline Sliver. All in all I had exactly what I needed and not a card more.
Game 2: Dragonmaster Outcast equipped with Sword of Fire and Ice that pumped dragon tokens + Rorix Bladewing were too much. I had Eldrazi Monument but not enough land to play it and make sliver tokens and because of Swords of Fire and Ice I didn’t have other creatures. I even played Rite of Replication to get rid of Rorix Bladewing and I was ready to quit when I realised I used Enlightened Tutor to go for Worship on the very first round and I didn't even realise it was in play buried under other cards, bwahahahaha (evil laugh) what a dumb-ass :oops: Of course after that Sliver Queen pumped out fodder for the monument and I finished the game at my own pace keeping one blocker for Rorix Bladewing just in case if the 21 point general rule goes around Worship. I had a lot of luck playing with and against my decks. It’s going to be really close.

Nicdanger vs Juzamjedi 2-0
Juzamjedi vs Nicdanger 2-0

Nicdanger: 2 points
Juzamjedi: 2 points

Match 1 (Juzamjedi AI)
Game 1:
Grand Arbiter Augustin made all the AI’s cards unplayable since it didn’t have enough lands so it was just a matter of time and slowly chipping away.
Game 2: I played a turn 1 Serra Ascendant which was removed by Journey to Nowhere. AI pushed me a little with Captain of the Watch but I responded with Rite of Replication, attacked then removed the opposing Captain which cleared the AI’s board. After that it was a breeze.

Match 2 (Nicdanger AI)
Game 1:
A tough match but Memory Jar turned the tide in my favour. The last attack that dropped the AI to 0 was Isamaru, Hound of Konda pumped with Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Honor of the Pure and Tawnos’s Weaponry.
Game 2: Pumped up Isamaru with Lightning Greaves dealt more than 21 damage. It was the only creature I played the entire game.

Jatill vs Shantak 2-0
Shantak vs Jatill 2-0

Jatill: 2 points
Shantak: 2 points

Match 1 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
AI played Confiscate on a soldier token when it could have taken Kor irewalker or Kongming, Sleeping Dragon. In the end it wouldn’t matter much since Akroma, Angel of Wrath entered the game next turn.
Game 2: I completely and utterly dominated the game. All Is Dust set me back a little but it just slowed down the final outcome.

Match 2 (Jatill AI)
Game 1:
It took me a while to stabilise but then I played Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, kicked Rite of Replication on Cunning Sparkmage, Bribery for Akroma and that was pretty much it. AI played Journey to Nowhere on Thieving Magpie instead of Niv-Mizzet. Does it do that completely random or is there some way it decided that a 1/3 flyer was more dangerous than a 4/4 flyer. I also had Time Spiral and other mass draw cards but they weren’t needed.
Game 2: It also took me some time to stabilise but after Niv-Mizzet entered play with Memory Jar which helped me play Veldaken Shackles and Ivory Tower it was all over. Definitely the most fun deck of the tournament, but a bit over the AI.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Nicdanger » 07 Oct 2010, 09:28

First Round Results:

Aswan Jaguar - 2
Monopoman (Bolas)- 2

Cognis - 2
Monopoman (Slivers) - 1

Nicdanger - 2
JuzamJedi - 1

Jatill - 2
Shantak - 2

Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman Bolas AI 2-0

Game 1: Sorceress Queen keeps Nicol Bolas at bay while a rather large Quirion Dryad does most of the heavy lifting for me.

Game 2: 2nd game is a bit more interesting with some trades. Eventually I get the Angry Akroma equipped with a Loxodon Warhammer and life is good.

Monopoman Bolas vs Aswan Jaguar AI 2-0

Game 1: Turn 3 Sedraxis Specter puts things in my favor early. Several creature trades and some removal later, I cast Fact or Fiction and the AI splits as follows; Hymn to Tourach and a Swamp, OR, Flametongue Kavu, Vedalken Shackles, and Mana Drain! I take pile #2 and win with Bolas soon after I kill or steal everything the AI has left.

Game 2: The AI decides not to play land on its first turn and sits at 3 land until it dies to Inferno Titan, a Bloodghast, and Jens.

Cognis vs Monopoman Slivers AI 2-0

Game 1: I jump out to an early lead with a quick Rorix thanks to Seething Song. The AI drops some slivers, followed up by the Queen. I take a chance and sac 2 Mountains to Fireblast so I can finish her off. The AI is able to recast Sliver Queen but I'll be able to swing for enough damage on my next turn. Then the AI casts Worship . .
Many turns and 15 + sliver tokens later my side of the board includes: Vulshok Sorcerer, Prodigal Pyromancer, Ember Hauler, FTK, a Fire Imp, and 4 Mountains. I have Volcanic Fallout and Char in my hand which give me hope, but VF will clear my side of the board. I'm also stuck with facing a recast Sliver Queen the turn after I kill it since the AI has massed about 12 land at this point. Right about the time I'm contemplating slamming my head in a vice I draw the best card ever printed . . Goblin Sharpshooter !!!

Game 2: AI and I both drop early Sol Ring s, and it plays a few slivers. I chuck some burn around and pluck Imperial Recruiter, with which I grab Magus of the Moon. Thinking I've got the AI hosed it drops another mountain, casts Gilded Lotus and another sliver (doh). Then in a laughable turn of events the AI casts Control Magic on my Wall of Stone the turn before I play Rorix (/facepalm).

Monopoman Slivers vs Cognis AI 2-1

Game 1: AI drops Magus of the Moon on turn 3 . . GG.

Game 2: AI drops Blood Moon on turn 4, but this time I can answer it thanks to Lotus Cobra and Harmonic Sliver. Necrotic Sliver takes out Rorix. I tutor for Bringer of the Green Dawn, it and Sliver Queen overwhelm the AI.

Game 3: Turn 1. Mox Diamond + Sinew Sliver ; 2. Horned Sliver ; 3. Land-Go 4. Sliver Queen ; 5. Synapse Sliver ; 6. Winged Sliver + make dudes; 7. Reflex Sliver + make dudes 8. Last Stand! 9. WIN!

Nicdanger vs JuzamJedi AI 2-0

Game 1: Isamaru gets some early beats in, I use Rite of Replication to remove him. Next turn I cast Arbiter, then Bribery for Captain of the Watch. Baneslayer Angel with Sword of Fire and Ice decimates the AI.

Game 2: Isamaru gets answered with Path to Exile and a White Knight. I clear the board with Final Judgment and the AI drops a Lodestone Golem, which I later steal with Treachery sealing the game. On a side note, Capsize with buyback does terrible things to Generals.

JuzamJedi vs Nicdanger AI 2-1

Game 1: My hand seems good, only 1 land but I have Land Tax and Isamaru of course. He gets hit with Swords right away, and I start taxing for land. AI drops Silver Knight, then I play Isamaru back out. Arbiter hits and slows me down while allowing the AI to hardcast an Exalted Angel. I get to 7 mana while at 14 life and attempt to cast Final Judgment, AI responds with Forbid. The game isn't totally lost, I can cast Isamaru again and equip with with several nice shiny artifacts . . but the AI drops Felidar Sovereign and I have no answer for it. AI wins on next upkeep with 43 life.

Game 2: Isamaru > Crusade > Sphere of Resistance > Swords on the AI's only creature > Empyrial Plate > GG.

Game 3: The AI and I both get the Crucible of Worlds / Strip Mine combo, but the AI doesn't know how to use Crucible. Isamaru again does 21 + points of damage to win it.

Jatill vs Shantak AI 2-0

Game 1: Sol Ring > some dudes > Cloudgoat Ranger > Captain of the Watch > Kongming > GG.

Game 2: I have another strong start, but the AI drops some burn and steals my general. It also brings out Niv and Ryusei and they stand off with my Reveillark and a beefed up Longbow Archer. I pluck a Swords and get Ryusei off the board while Elspeth and friends make a very large army of soldiers.

Shantak vs Jatill AI 2-0

Game 1: I play alot of counter and bounce early on, the AI takes almost 20 life away thanks to a Kor Firewalker and Crusade. I finally get some stuff going with Niv as I'm getting pretty low. I draw All is Dust off a Timetwister, clear the board, recast Niv and its an easy win from there.

Game 2: I steal Kongming, play lots of dragons, draw lots of cards, and kill lots of soldiers, the end.
Nicdanger

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Oct 2010, 13:33

bracket b
Cognis rorix 2
Monopoman Slivers 2

Cognis rorix - Monopoman Slivers 2-0
GAME 1 Kiki Jiki and Rorix Bladewing made the difference.AI badly exchanges good slivers for my pumped worst goblins :lol:
GAME 2 Rorix Bladewing hits for 21 victory,AI played 4 land just before the end.

Monopoman Slivers-Cognis rorix 2-0
GAME 1 AI sacrificed 2lands to burn my sliver so it was left with 1mountain+1 later.Sliver Queen came in,hit 3times=game over.
GAME 2 Slith Firewalker brings me to 20life,I steal him,next turn Sliver Queen,they win the game.

bracket c
NicDanger Grand Arbiter 2p
Juzamjedi Isamaru 2p

NicDanger Grand Arbiter-Juzamjedi Isamaru 2-0
GAME 1 After a good Judgment Day by AI,it played only Isamaru Hound 3,4 times spent precious mana,so easy win.
GAME 2 Bad Armageddon play by AI,leaves Isamaru Hound vs 3better creatures of mine,and no land to help it.

Juzamjedi Isamaru-NicDanger Grand Arbiter 2-0
GAME 1 Final Judgment keeps me alive,then AI steals my Bane slayer Angel,and brings me to 5,but I had searched for worship,which saved my ass.Gideon Jura brings my BSA back,and I win with my pumped Isamaru Hound with artifact goodies.
GAME 2 Pumped Isamaru Hound by 3artifacts win by EDH rules.Again AI lost because it didn't block my general.

*Great disadvantage in EDH games that AI doesn't get the generals rule 21p
beat.I saw that in 3 games AI doesn't block the general and lose a creature since it has more than enough regular life.(40 AI life in 1 game I won).
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 07 Oct 2010, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby juzamjedi » 07 Oct 2010, 13:52

Bracket A
Aswan Jaguar Tourlou
Monopoman Bolas

Aswan as human win 2-0
Game 1: Mull first 2 hands (1 landers), 6 card hand is 4 lands, Quirion Dryad, Vampire Nighthawk
I get the early start with Quirion Dryad, Vampire Nighthawk, and Sarkhan Vol pumping my men. The AI steals my Dryad with Control Magic, but Sarkhan keeps throwing hasty attackers. AI kills Sarkhan Vol because I keep attacking, but the AI is low on life when this happens and I counterattack for the win.

Game 2: Opening hand is 3 lands, Akroma, Fireball, Disintegrate, and Gatekeeper of Malakir. Seems fine.
This game the AI has an early Control Magic again, this time for my Xira Arien. However, it does not matter because the AI makes bad attacks into my Sarkhan Vol I had again and Akroma takes the game home for me.

Monopoman Bolas as human win 2-0
Game 1: I have a 5 land hand with Blooghast and Sower of Temptation, but one of the lands is Barren Moor so I keep.
I draw Vedalken Shackles early so I decide to dig for as many early islands as possible. I steal Mirri, Cat Warrior and equip her with Sword of Fire and Ice. Maybe it's because of first strike, but this setup lets Mirri draw me 2 extra cards and deal 4 damage every turn. Obviously this is an easy win.

Game 2: 3 lands, Bitterblossom (!), Fire/Ice, Bloodghast, Bogardan Hellkite. Easy keep!
So... AI misses its first land drop. I play Bitterblossom and follow up with Jace the Mind Sculptor that I draw. I then put Sword of Fire and Ice into play. The only life I lose all game is the life I lose to my own Bitterblossom.

Bracket B
Cognis Rorix
Monopoman Slivers

Cognis Rorix as human win 2-0
Game 1: 3 Mountains, Goblin Sharpshooter, Kiki-Jiki, Chandra, and Platinum Angel. I keep mostly because I expect Chandra to be awesome.
I play a few turns, but decide to start over. The AI clones my Mogg Fanatic but due to a bug AI never has to sacrifice his Clone to ping with his "Fanatic". He brings me down to 26 and I decide I've had enough and start over.

Game 1a: 2 Mountain, Jitte (!), Sword of Fire and Ice (!) Blood Knight, Gauntlet of Power, Goblin Matron. Easy keep.
Well. Not only do I get to Jitte up my Blood Knight, but I put Blood Moon (!) into play. However, AI has Aether Vial and keeps things interesting. The AI actually gets close to killing me because of a fast start of Plated Sliver + Might Sliver + the red pump sliver. However, I hold down the fort with Kiki Jiki + Solemn Simulacrum and grind out the win. I expected it to be much easier than it turned out.

Game 2: 3 Mountains, Blood Moon (!), Solemn Simulacrum, Siege-Gang Commander, Beacon of Destruction. Easy keep.
Well. Blood Moon makes this one REALLY easy. Slivers doesn't do much with mountains only. Rorix and his goblin minions beat down the mountain path and throw a few of their children at the computer just for spite. >:|

Monopoman Slivers as human lose 1-2
Game 1: Water Grave, Stomping Ground, Darksteel Ingot, Mystical Tutor, Necrotic Sliver, Essence Sliver, Mulldrifter. Seems fine, keep.
AI has a turn 1 Sol Ring while I miss my 3rd land drop. Uh oh. AI then plays Magus of the Moon and I'm an idiot and don't use Mystical Tutor in response. Ugh. Robert Frowney, Jr. would like a word with me. Anyways I get the 3rd land and Darksteel Ingot in play the turn before I die.

Game 2: Overgrown Tomb, Tropical Island, Stomping Ground, Control Magic, Survival of the Fittest (!), Harmonic Sliver, Sinew Sliver. Keep.
I use my Survival to get Squee, and then Genesis. AI has turn 3 Magus of the Moon *again*. Frown town. I stall with Squee for a few turns and get Aether Vial for Creatures + Coalition Relic to cast Worship. This stalls the game for a looong time and eventually I assemble an army of Slivers and use Necrotic Sliver + control Magic on AI's Kiki Jiki to win the game.

Game 3: Crumbling Necropolis, Sacred Foundry, Darksteel Ingot, Remand, Metallic Sliver, Thirst for Knowledge, Winged Sliver. I keep mostly because I forget Remand is only a 1 turn counter instead of a hard counter for Blood Moon. Argh.
AI doesn't have Blood Moon, but it has Sol Ring -> Gauntlet of Might -> turn 3 Rorix. Wow! :shock: I use Personal Tutor for Vindicate against Rorix once, but AI just brings it back and I lose to 21 general damage.

Bracket C
NicDanger Grand Arbiter
Juzamjedi Isamaru

NicDanger as human win 2-0
Game 1: 3 lands, Intrepid Hero, Path to Exile, Land Tax (!), Capsize. This is a super powerful hand against my deck, easy keep.
I play Magus of the Moat I draw early and stop AI dead in its tracks. AI plays a Cloudgoat Ranger which I Path. I start bouncing creatures with Capsize while AI plays Luminarch Ascension. Whatever. Next turn AI plays Ravages of War and I have no counter. Oops. It's OK though because I still have land drops thanks to Land Tax and I bounce Ascension before it does anything. AI "gives up" after and I win at 62 life (thanks Ajani).

Game 2: I mulligan a 3 island hand with Arcanis and Yosei (seemed to slow). Free mulligan is 2 Plains, Mishra's Factory, Sol Ring, Magus of the Moat, Augury Adept, Meloku. Obv. keep.
I topdeck island and play my general on turn 2. I follow up by replaying my general and then Meloku + Magus of the Moat on turn 4. Must? Is. AI resolves Baneslayer Angel, but I answer it with Interpid Hero.

Juzamjedi as human win 2-0
Game 1: 4 Plains, Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, Crovax Hero. It's OK.
I get in early beats with Isamaru + artifacts. Inexplicably the AI casts Timetwister to refill my hand and I get lots of gas including Elspeth, removal spells, and Cloudgoat Ranger. I keep beating up on the AI and it isn't close.

Game 2: 2 fetchlands, Path to Exile, Luminarch Ascension, Worship, Disenchant, Gauntlets of Power. I like the Ascension in this matchup so I keep.
I get Ascension active easily. AI drops a Baneslayer, but I send her to exile. Afterwards my Angel tokens make quick work of the AI's life total.

Bracket D
Jatill Soldiers
Shantak Niv-Mizzet

Jatill as human win 2-0
Game 1: I mull a 1 lander into 2 Plains, Jitte (!), Sword of Fire and Ice (!), Stoneforge Mystic, Veteran Swordsmith, Akroma (!). A little land light, but I keep.
So it turns out there are only 3 equipment in the deck... and the 3rd one is Skullclamp, lol. Once I have SoFI active I don't think Niv-Mizzet has much chance to win and it's a rout.

Game 2: I keep 3 Plains, Field Marshal, Crusade, Yosei, and Iona (!)
I lay out some dudes while AI plays Time Spiral to refill my hand. Score. I notice that AI is terrible with Compulsive Research and discards land + other 2 times this game (Jace TMS was one of the discards...) Things are going OK and... oh, that's Sword of Fire and Ice. GG

Shantak as human win 2-1
Game 1: I keep 2 island + Mountain, Dragonmaster Outcast, Standstill, Control Magic, Counterspell.
I play turn 2 Standstill and AI breaks it immediately to play Serra's Ascendant. I draw Bribery. And use it for Iona. And laugh hysterically.

Game 2: I keep 2 Mountain, Island, Sage's Dousing, Lightning Greaves, Wheel of Fortune, Mulldrifter.
It turns out this hand is way too slow to stop the AI. AI plays a creature every turn and then plays Ajani Goldmane. I have no sweepers and just roll over and die before I can do anything.

Game 3: I keep 2 Island, Izzet Boilerworks, Steam Vents, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Cunning Sparkmage, and Sword of Fire and Ice.
The AI has Stoneforge Mystic -> Sword of Fire and Ice. Uh oh. I use All is Dust to stabilize at 1 life. Then I use Vedalken Shackles to steal Battlegrace Angel. From there I attack a few times with Niv-Mizzet and gain life and Niv Mizzet deck draws a ton of cards and I win.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby jatill » 07 Oct 2010, 14:23

Bracket C:
NicDanger (2-0) vs juzamjedi
Game 1: I keep a 2-land hand and AI has Wasteland and Strip Mine. Uh Oh! Somehow I draw enough lands to stay alive, and eventually Rite of Replication (kicked) Solemn Simulacrum. It wasn't hard to win from there.
Game 2: I gamble again with a 2-lander since I have Serra Ascendant, but AI has Isamaru + Elspeth, meaning I need to start holding back for defense. 8 turns later I haven't drawn and land and the AI plays Phyrexian Processor for 21! I draw a 3rd land and cast Moat (thanks to opponent's Gauntlet of Power), and win with Serra.

juzamjedi (2-0) vs NicDanger
Game 1: I start with Isamaru -> Factory + Sphere, but the AI parries with Land Tax and Moat. My BSA get StP and we stall forever. I Tax every single Plains out of my deck. Finally, I draw Elspeth and start attacking.
Game 2: Another very long game. Embarassingly, I forgot to play Isamaru turns 1 and 3... but I got there eventually thanks again to elspeth.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Oct 2010, 17:38

Bracket D
Jatill Soldiers 2p
Jatill Soldiers 1p

Jatill Soldiers-Shantak Niv-Mizzet 2-0
GAME 1 My 2 pumped kor dudes by Ajani Goldmane+A.Voices+general win the game.
GAME 2 Serra Ascendant pumped by sword fire-ice get the victory.
In both games I draw a hand full of lands,2nd game free mulligan 1land :shock:

Shantak Niv-Mizzet-Jatill Soldiers 2-1

GAME 1 Ended by an error.
GAME 1A Stole best AI's card+Niv-Mizzet clearing AI's creatures.
GAME 2 I was getting a beating till I stole Akroma Angel with bribery,but AI's turn she gone a journey to nowhere!I have no answer and in 2 turns I lose.
GAME 3 My 3d Niv-Mizzet and keiga for the win.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Next

Return to Tournaments