It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:25

Text Size

Jan Tournament (SSA) Results - round 3 ends Jan 31

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Jan Tournament (SSA) Results - round 3 ends Jan 31

Postby jatill » 04 Jan 2011, 13:47

Let the tournament begin! Remember to use the limited version.

Finals:
Salbei vs. 240sxforever.

Round2

Group C
240sxForever vs Juzamjedi

Group D
Jatill vs Salbei

Round 1:

Group A:
Shantak
Aww
jatill
240sxForever

Group B:
Salbei
Aswan Jaguar
Monopoman
juzamjedi

Prize is winner take all, 5 cards.

Decks are attached.
Attachments
Playdeck.zip
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Last edited by jatill on 26 Jan 2011, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Jan Tournament (SSA) Results - round 1 ends Jan 16

Postby Salbei » 04 Jan 2011, 15:16

Round 1

Final Score Group A

Shantak 43 points (Sal 6 / Jat 5 / Sha 8 / Aww 6 / Cog 3 / AJ 6 / Mon 5 / 240 4) @ 48,6% win rate (52/107)
Aww 33 points (Sal 4 / Jat 6 / Sha 3 / Aww 5 / Cog 4 / AJ 3 / Mon 5 / 240 3) @ 34,91% win rate (37/106)
Jatill 49 points (Sal 5 / Jat 6 /Sha 6 / Aww 6 / Cog 6 / AJ 9 / Mon 6 /240 5) @ 56,48% win rate (61/108)
240sxForever 59 points (Sal 6 / Jat 6 / Sha 9 / Aww 6 / Cog 9 / AJ 6 / Mon 6 / 240 11) @ 56,44% win rate (57/101)

Final Score Group B

Salbei 65 points (Sha 11 / AJ 16 / Cog 11 / Aww 5 / Mon 11 / 240 11) @ 67,5% (54/80)
AswanJaguar 25 points (Sha 2 / AJ 4 / Cog 4 / Aww 5 / Mon 4 / 240 6) @ 40,24% (33/82)
Monopoman 30 points (Sha 5 / AJ 2 / Cog 6 / Aww 6 / Mon 6 / 240 5) @ 44,87% (35/78)
Juzamjedi 32 points (Sha 10 / AJ 3 / Cog 4 / Aww 5 / Mon 5 / 240 5) @ 47,56% (39/82)

Group A Report

Match1 - Shantak vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Score: 1-0
Notes:
A 9/9 Scute Mob just overwhelmed the Ai.The Ai didn´t put up much of a fight there.

Game2:
clear win
Score: 2-0
Notes:
The Ai´s Howling Mine helped me a lot.Lotus Cobra enabled an early Ob Nixilis the Fallen who quickly ramped up to 15/15 and just overpowered the Ai.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Both games where very onesided. The Ai got overrun with good Creatures it just coudn´t handle.Awws Deck is nice but i doubt the Ai can make the right decisions with it.The landfall strategy was really smooth.
Result: 2-0
Match2 - Aww vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Score: 0-1
Notes:
nothing i could do.Was very low on Mana and just couldn´t play anything untill it was way too late.
Ai massivly overpowered me with a few weenies and Rampagin Baloth created more Tokens than i could handle.

Game2:
clear win
Score: 1-1
Notes:
Lots of draw 7, mixed with Regrowth went to an insande turn8 play leading into an active Channel + Fireball.

Game3:
clear win
Score: 2-1
Notes:
Completly obliterated the Ai.Was way ahead at any point of the game and at the end there was just nothing left to save the Ai.Fireball and Regrowth on Fireball during the next turn finished the game while Royal Assassin stalled the Ai´s attack attempts.

Summary:
i was really worried after the first game but the other 2 games went relative smooth.I´m pretty
impressed by the deck considering the max handsize of 3. Its relative easy to misplay it due to the max
handsize dissicions or to get very unlucky with the draw 7s.There are 4 routes to win with this - through
creatures , raw damage (burn/Black Vise) , the comboish one with Channel/X-spell or by decking out (multiple
Wheel of Fortune.Was really a lot of fun to play this.Usually i´m no friend of Howling Mine but it is just
perfect for this.Also Shantaks Relic Crush was a really nice card against this deck.
Result: 2-1
Match3 - Shantak vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes:
After a rough start Ob Nixilis entered the game and went 15/15. Without it i might have lost.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
9/9 Scute Mob and Sorin Markov took this home without much effort.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Quite fast games. Ai couldn´t handle my "bombs" and they won me both games without much to worry about.
Got quite lucky avoiding Hymn to Tourach.
Match4 - Jatill vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes:
I highly pressured the AI but as soon as Rampaging Baloths and Ob Nixilis the Fallen entered the game things went south rapidly.Chump blocked a few turns but it was basicly over when Ob Nixilis didn´t get answered.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
Early Hymn to Tourach mixed with Weenies damaged the Ai enough so i could end the game before his "bombs" could kick in.Ai was Manascrewed (4 lands at turn8) so it didn´t really do much.

Game3:
tough win
Notes:
Was a really close game. I had the early lead, things went south when Scute Mob and Territorial Baloth hit play. I tricked the Ai into attacking me where while it was at 3 life and won during the following turn due to this. A human player would have clearly beaten me.

Summary:
Shantaks deck is clearly superior due to the powerlevel of his cards.Most of Jatills creatures are just expensive vanillas - so you really have to kill the opponent with them before Shantaks bombs hit the play.
I would have clearly lost the last match against a human opponent.
Match5 - Shantak vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
Ob Nixilis , Fetchlands and Khalni Heart Expedition all during the same turn where just huge.He was 15/15 the turn he entered the game and i dealt 15 damage during that turn.Ai only had Ornithopter (+ Mightstone) to race me.At the end of the Game Ob Nixilis was 21/21 and i had a Scute Mob ready aswell.The Ai was using Staff of Zegon on my Bloodghast instead of Ob Nixilis for some reason.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
Relic Crush hit the Ai like a truck.While my kicked creatures kept his army very small.Colossus of Sardia got handled by a kicked Heartstabber Mosquito. Ob Nixilis and Malakir Bloodwitch and Scute Mob end the game fairly quick.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Shantaks deck is like the perfect counterdeck to 240SXFOREVER´s . Especially the kicker creatures paid off leading to a heavy imbalance.Once again the difference in powerlevel was quite huge.Shantak is a clear favorite in this matchup.
Match6 - 240SXFOREVER vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
Had to mulligan down to 7.Double Strip Mine denied Shantacks Black mana (didn´t matter when Lotus Cobra entered).Dragon Engine did some significant early damage untill the Ai made a bad trade to get rid of it.
Urzatron along with Candelabra of Tawnos produced a ton of mana while Tawnos Coffin ensured i can attack.
Rocket Launcher for 7 finished the game.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
Turn1 Mishras Factory could deal some damage to Shantaks already low starting hp untill a Mold Shambler stalled the ground.Again i sticked to the black mana denial plan.Got a 2/2 flying Primal Clay Short after so i could keep the pressure up.Urzatron was complete at turn 6 and powered out a Colossus of Sardia.I attack with everything during the next turn and thats it. Ai was badly manascrewed (only 3 lands out) - mainly because of my Strip Mines.Another land or two and i might got into trouble, but Factory + Clay did enough damage and eventually Primal Clay would have gone all the way (was still sitting at 30 hp).

Game3:
-

Summary:
Shantaks low start hp helped me quite a lot there.There are so many "junk" cards in that deck its not even funny.Strip Mine denial made the difference and bought me enough time in both games before Shantaks superior cards hit the game.
Match7 - Aww vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Notes:
I keep a horrible hand - Wheel of Fortune Terror Demonic Tutor.I just drew mana and a Thrull cleared my complete hand so i was down to 0 cards most of the game.When i held a card Hymn hit me - so i could only topdeck and pray for a Timetwister from the top or Royal Assassin / Wrath / Balance to buy time.
Derelor diminished my life down to 10 hp while i was only drawing mana sources and finally a Serra Angel that had to block Derelor.Ai responds with Order and i´m in horrible shape again.Thrulls and Order beat me during the following 2 turns while i drew nothing significant ( Disenchant and another Mox).

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
I keep Mox Sapphire Ancestral Recall and Control Magic and play Ancestral Recall during the Ais turn while the Ai opens with Order of the Ebon Hand (i Disintegrate it instead of discarding).Mindstab Thrull empties my hand and Derelor goes to work again.I get rid of Derelor at 22 hp and the board is open again.I finally topdeck a Mahamoti Djinn and could sit back behind it.The Ai Hymn to Tourach itself (?!Guess because of the Black Vise) and Ebon Preator eats away the Ais Creatures so i am able to attack a few turns with Mahamoti Djinn.Howling Mine and Black Vise deal some additional damage and i have to hold back the Mahamoti again because of Necrites, but time is on my side.Ai Soul Exchanges a Royal Assassin into play - nothing to worry about yet.I Timetwister the turn i get it (afraid of Hymn) and could get rid of Royal Assassin via Bolt and Control Magic his Order - opponents board is empty again.Ai plays another Ebon Praetor so i basicly won at that point.Wheel of Fortune and Timewalk end the game quite late, but i was never really in danger.

Game3:
open game
Notes:
I keep Channel Mox Ruby Volcanic Island.Ai plays Order on turn 2 and pumps it with Thrul Retainer.Another Order entered the battlefield when the first Hymn to Tourach showed up.I Lightning Bolt one Order but meanwhile 2 Necrite and the other Order got me dangerously low on hp.Close to dying i topdeck Demonic Tutor and Balance i got from it.About 5 turns nothing happens till i play Howling Mine and get Royal Assassin into play a turn later.I had to Fireball a few Creatures to clear the Path for Juggernaut who dealt the first damage to the Ai around turn 10. Black Vise randomly dealt a few points of damage and Disintegrate + Regrowth won me the game a few turns later.I was down to 4 hp.

Summary:
Jatills discard elements got me into trouble quite often. Awws got the pontential to explode out of nowhere so you can never really count him out.Balance saved me at the last second, otherwise the match would have been lost.I would say Jatills deck is the favorite in this particular matchup, but it could go either way.
Time is definatly on Awws side - the longer it takes the higher is the chance for "broken" things to happen that turn the game upside down.I ran into Disenchant and Channel awefully lot - both where completly dead cards during all 3 games.Really don´t see the point of Disenchant in this deck.Wall of Swords instead won´t help you win directly, but most of the time help you to buy enough time to get your broken cards.Got mad respect for getting this deck working so well despite the very low handsize and build around that fact.
Don´t have much to say about Jatills deck, FE just consists of junk but i guess you made the best deck out of it.The Ai is just horrible with Ebon Praetor though.
Match8 - Jatill vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
I open with a turn2 Order, the Ai Bolts it.The second one sticks and unlike the AI i pump it when i got no major spells to play.My strategy is to deal as much damage early as possible to keep the broken plays low.
Unfortunatly i ran out of Creatures quite fast and have to sac Necrite to get rid of my own creature due to Controll Magic so my attack halted for a while.
I´m happy to see the Ai discard Wheel of Fortune. I decide to sac my only creature -> Mindstab Thrull and it turns out to be a great choice when i saw the Ai discard Royal Assassin , Mahamoti Djinn and Timetwister.
Necrite with Zelyon Sword "equipped" is a reasonable clock enough for the Ai to Balance.I don´t worry too much about it since i only loose 1 creature and 2 lands - could have been a lot worse.Thrull Champion + Mindstab Thrull end the game over a couple turns.

Game2:
open game
Notes:
Simmilar to game1 i open with 2 Order and the Ai steals one. This time i got Elven Lyre and the resulting trade is less painfull.Duirng the next turn the Ai surprisingly Channel + Fireballs - goes down to 8 life and clears my board ... i can life with that :P I play Necrite and Order and kill him during the next turn.
From the cards i saw he could have potentially killed me so it was an open game i guess.

Summary:
The Ai just can´t play Awws deck. Game 2 was just ridiculous - Channel Fireball to clear my creatures dealing more damage to himself than my creatures would have over 4 turns.A human player would have prolly won Game2.
I don´t like Ebon Praetor at all.I feels like a 6 mana Ball Lightning.That Mindstab Thrull discard pretty much won me Game1 and the ai could have pointed the Fireball at itself for the same effect at Game2.
Like i´ve said before a few Walls would have really helped Awws deck especially at this matchup.Well my own cardchoices for this are far from perfection aswell ...
Match9 - Aww vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes:
I keep Volcanic Island Wheel of Fortune Demonic Tutor and Wheel of Fortune at turn3 and have to make a tough discard decision and keep Timetwister Royal Assassin Tundra - discarding Balance and Controll Magic.
Got a Regroth and Demonic Tutor.The Ai plays Colossus of Sardia out of nowhere but i got Royal Assassin in plays now.I play Timetwister and Regrowth it.Ai empties its hand (including Rocket Launcher that kills Royal Assassin. Balance followed with Juggernaut put me into a great position.Got Channel + Fireball in my hand but am way behind in life, but got enough mana on the board to kill the Ai while i got exactly 1 hp left.
Was a bit in trouble early in the game but thanks to a really nice Balance could turn it the game and won out of nowhere.

Game2:
tough win
Notes:
I keep Mox Jet Terror Juggernaut and play Wheel of Fortune at turn4 (Moxen only).The Ai discards 3(!) Strip Mines with one in play.I Demonic Tutor for Howling Mine and make a few 1:1 trades to keep his army small.
Fortunatly the Ai doesn´t use Tawnos Coffin to prevent his creatures dying to my spells - otherwise i would have lost quite fast.I Regrowth and play Wheel of Fortune - Ais hand was almost full anyway and draw into Wrath of God and Balance Black Vise.I play Balance (killing a shitload of creatures + lands) followed by Timetwister then Serra Angel discarding down to Channel Control Magic and Counterspell.Ai uses Coffin to get rid of my Angel and only plays Ornithopter and Battering Ram, was expecting more to be honest.I draw Disintegrate and got enough Mana on the board to kill the Ai with Channel / Disintegrate for 25.

Game3:
-

Summary:
A human 240SXFOREVER would have won game 2 almost effortless. I was removing his creatures 1 by 1 with spells while he got Coffin in play and enough mana to activate it.Won both games with Channel + X spell, feels like a win-more that you don´t really need, but saved a few turns.Once again Balance is just nasty and dealt major damage to the ai during both games.I would say it is an even matchup that could have gone either way from a 2-0 win to a 0-2 loss.Got a fairly good idea how to use Strip Mines against this deck when i play 240EXFOREVERS deck next against this.Red and White Mana seem to be the most important targets for it, but Awws deck is just unpredictable due to the draw 7s.Going to be very interesting to see how each player plays Awws deck since there are a lot ways to play it.I prefer the quite risky draw7 route simply because it enables broken plays faster than with a safer route where you normally draw into your things - it is very risky to play it like this but felt right in that matchup.
Match10 - 240SXFOREVER vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
I keep a relative slow hand.And stick to the Strip Mine deny W+R plan and smile when the Ai wastes Swords to Plowshares on my Ornithopter and Fireball for my Battering Ram - best that could happen with my hand.
Clay Statue and Yotian Soldier and Mishras Factory deal damage over a few turns while i am holding back a Triskelion - 6 damage per turn is more than enough (turns out it didn´t make any difference).Ai discards Serra Angel and seems to be Manascrewed.
Ai discards Timetwister at 13 life and i finish the opponent with Rocket Launcher after the attack.
A human player might have won that one - who knows.The Strip Mine denial plan worked out very nice.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
I keep a slow hand again.Urzatron was online at turn 5 and i threw in a couple creatures.
I decide to play Clockwork Avian and not hold it back and deal 10 damage per turn.Ai plays Ancestral Recall and Demonic Tutor at the same turn and attacks me with my own Dragon Engine (Control Magic) and thus can´t block.I attack with everything including Mishras Factories and win.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Once again the Ai just can´t make the right decisions with Awws deck and didn´t put up much of a fight.
240EXFOREVERS deck could steadily apply pressure without the Ai being able to wipe the board and thus won both matches without much trouble.Dunno if my Strip Mine plan worked out but i guess it at least delayed a few plays.Denying white mana seems to be the key against this.Red isn´t that important.240EXFOREVERS deck is my clear favorite in this matchup, mainly because of the poor Ai decisions.
240EXFOREVERS deck shines with a good creature flow due to the massive handsize and "high" toughness creatures.Rarly happened that i couldn´t attack for multiple turns so i guess low hp decks will have problems against it. Mishras Factories + Strip Mine are the MVPs in this in my oppinion while Rocket Launcher and Urzatron could help you to "steal" games.Feldons Cane , Ornithopter , Coral Helm and Staff of Zegon are just in this to reach the minimum decksize i guess. Had trouble myself to build a deck for Antiquities.Was very surprised to see that you didn´t include Mishras Workshop and Millstone. Tawnos Wand might have been worth it aswell since you got a good chunk of creatures that would profit from it + the Ai knows how to use it.
Match11 - Jatill vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
I keep my initialhand with 2 Hymn 2 lands.And play both at turn 3 and 4.Mindstab Thrull, Necrite and Order of the Ebon Hand go to town at the manascrewed opponent.Derelor joins the crew when 240SXFOREVER is at 18.
I pump Order and deal 12 damage total with my small army.The Ai plays its only non-landcard a Coral Helm and dies during my next turn.Both Hymns got lands and the Ai only had 3 lands in play at the end of the game.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
I keep a very slow hand.Ai opens with Mishras Factory , my first spell is Aeopile followed by Order of the Ebon Hand and Derelor during the next turns.Order and Derelor hit for 8.Ai plays its first Creature - Clockwork Avian.I play Thrull Champion and attack with my 5/5 Derelor. The Ai down to 15 already and attacks with his flying Avian as expected.I attack for 12 after killing his Mishras Factory with Aeopile before he blocks with it (abused Ai cause i know he won´t pump it to save it - he had 2 Factories on the board and enough mana ...).Ai is down to 3 and attacks again with his Avian, no blockers beside 1 factory are left for my 3 creatures that can each deal 3+ damage and win the game with 24 hp left.
I heavily abused the Ai flaws during this game, doubt the outcome would have been much different.The Ais hand was full at all times and it had enough lands in play to do something so but after playing Clockwork Avian it didn´t play anything till the rest of the game.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Pretty clean sweep. The Ai seemed to hung up at game2 and didn´t do anything.Not much to say about the matchup itself.Game1 was won by the 2 early Hymns, Game2 via the fastest "rush" the deck could offer.
If Jatill doesn´t kill 240SXFOREVER fast enough then his deck is likly to loose the matchup.
Aggressivly pumping Order of the Ebonn Hand is essential to deal enough damage before the "stronger" Artifact Creatures hit the battlefield.
Match12 - 240SXFOREVER vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
tough win
Notes:
I keep a pretty manaflooded hand, mainly because of Strip Mine and Factory.Ai plays Order at turn3, meanwhile i got Yotian Soldier and 2 Factories to stall the ground when Hymn to Tourach hit me.I play Ornithopter and Mightstone, knowing that Jatill can´t handle flying creatures.Ai plays Derelor so the ground is stalled.
Wall of Spears + Onulet lead to a stalled ground on my side of the board aswell so only Ornithopter is dealing damage.The ai surprisingly attacks with his 5/4 Derelor and i block with Wall+Onulet so the ground is open again.Ai plays Ebon Praetor and i topdeck Tawnos Coffin. I shouldn´t be able to lose the game now, unfortunatly Aoepile kills Ornithopter and my own Mightstone is now working against me.
I coffin his attacking Praetor untill next turn so he has to sac again.
Hymn to Tourach hits me hard and i have to discard Colossus of Sardia i was ramping up for.
Ai got a lot more mana than me so his Order is becoming a threat.
I check the waters and attack with a Factory, Ai blocks, i pump Factory with other Factory and the ai doesn´t use the Orders to pump+gain firststrike (would have used Coffin),would have enough mana for that so i´ve successfully cleared all his creatures and could safly attack with 2 Factories + Yotian Soldier (additionally to the Mightstone i could use Candelabra of Tawnos to pump my factories even further so my 3 creatures deal 10 damage.I coffin the Ais new Necrite and can attack two more times for 10 damage and thus win the game.
I really had to work for this one.

Game2:
clear win
Notes:
I keep my initial hand (bit flooded again) and Strip Mine his first landdrop.Ai Hymns me and i discard 2 Urzas Tower - i still manage to get the Urzatron online at turn4 (!) and can play Dragon Engine + Shapeshifter (5/2) via Candelabra of Tawnos.Ai Hymns me again and gets my Colossus of Sardia again (was 1 man a short to play it).I draw Powerplant and thus attack for 16 damage just with Shapeshifter and Dragon Engine.
The Ai plays Necrite so i don´t want to trade Shapeshifter with it and just attack with Dragon Engine 5 after playing Yotian Soldier.Ai down to 12 just plays Ring of Renewal i get another land and attack with everything.Necrite blocks Shapeshifter as expected so i could pump Dragon Engine (8/3 for 14 mana) and deal 9 damage.Ai now down to 3 hp just activates his Ring and dies to my attack during the next turn while i am still at 30 life.

Game3:
-

Summary:
I really had to pull every trick out of my sleeves to win Game1, was a lot easier during the second game.
Not even Jatills double hymns could stop me.Candelabra of Tawnos was playing a major role at both games.
The matchup itself turned out to be a lot more challenging than i expected it to be, mainly because of the first game.I was never really in danger, but had to carefully outplay the Ai to avoid a long complete stalled game.
Attachments
tourney grp ab.rar
Open office Excel table with all scores
(28.82 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Last edited by Salbei on 18 Jan 2011, 21:21, edited 21 times in total.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 04 Jan 2011, 15:50

Round 1

Group A (12 matches)

Aww - 6
Jatill - 6
240sxForever - 6

Game 1
Shantak vs Aww | Open
The AI lived a surprisingly long time, but just didn't know how to win.
Game 2
Aww vs Shantak | Open
Game1: Black Lotus + Wheel = Keep!! Turn 2 Juggernaut, turn 4 Mahamoti!
Game2: Keep Land, Sol Ring, Regrowth. Balance off the top gives me infinite time to go broken.
Game 3
Shantak vs Jatill | Open
Game1: I get attacked down to 8 before ObNixilis flips out and kills everyone.
Game2: Hymn hurts, but Bloodwitch takes it down
Game 4
Jatill vs Shantak | Open
Game1: Double Hymn.
Game2: Beat down and win on turn 5.
Game 5
Shantak vs 240sxForever | Open
Game1: Thanks to double Strip Mine, I am stuck on 3 lands when the AI casts Colossus of Sardia. Dead.
Game2: I am stuck at 1 land again when the AI assembles Tron thanks to Strip Mine. I do have Oracle and Lotus Cobra in play, though, so when I finally hit my next land, I cast Rampaging Baloths the same turn and win thereafter!
Game3: Relic Crush is pretty great in this matchup.
Game 6
240sxForever vs Shantak | Open
Game1: Su-Chi and friends beat down.
Game2: I keep 2 Strip Mine + Tron + Colossus. Rar.
Game 7
aww vs Jatill | Open
Game1: Keep 2 land and Mahamoti. Draw and play Tutor for Lotus, and mahamoti holds off the entire offense. Eventually Channel + Disentegrate kills AI.
Game2: I keep Bolt, Fireball, Disintegrate. Can't mull, right? Topdeck Plateau like a champ. Derelor stomps me until I can Wrath at 9 life. Wheel into Juggernaut eventually ends it.
Game 8
Jatill vs Aww | Open
Turn 2 Hymn crushed the AI's dreams both games.
Game 9
Aww vs 240sxForever | Open
Game1: Turn 2 Balance down to Mox vs nothing (no hands). Vice ended up dealing most of the damage.
Game2: Land, land, Channel. Meh. I would have died if the AI didn't strip its own land.
Game 10
240sxForever vs Aww | Open
Game1: Turn 3 Tron into you know, stuff. Rocket Launcher for 8 to the head.
Game2: Double Steip Mine.
Game 11
Jatill vs 240sxForever | Open
Game1: Double Hymn kept the AI off Tron, and Order got there.
Game2: Hymn and Mindstab clear 5 cards away, and team Derelor deams a lot of damage.
Game 12
240sxForever vs Jatill | Open
Game1: Triple Strip Mine into Tron
Game2: AI repeatidly suicides int Mishra's Factory

Group B (12 matches)

Points | Open
Salbei
Aswan Jaguar
Monopoman
Juzamjedi

Game 1
Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1: Oubliette killed my first man, but Angel Beatdown was unstoppable.
Game2: Stone devils kept Serra Ascendant from being insane, but BSA made up for lost ground.
Game 2
Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei | Open
Game1: Worst mana base of the tournament. I had Library going every turn, but didn't hit a Swamp until my 23rd card. I used Ring to fetch Control Magic, which I'm not sure is exactly legal.
Edit: replayed that game since my choice was illegal. Still won :)
Game2: City of Brass (hurray!) gave me Naf's Asp -> Erg Radiers -> Serendib. With AI's mana screw (discarding Wrath), I won.
Game 3
Salbei vs Monopoman | Open
Game1: A turn 3 win. Thanks Ascendant!
Game2: Early fliers chipped away at me, but Ancient Hellkite turned things around
Game 4
Monopoman vs Salbei | Open
Game1: I had a quick start and Inferno Titan met Mana Leak
Game2: 12 left didn't leave a lot of room when Ember Hauler came down on turn 2 and I was stuck on 3 lands. When I finally got to 4 lands, BSA was already in play, so Worship was my only hope. 68 life for the AI later, I turned it around and won.
Game3:
Result:
Game 5
Salbei vs juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 6
juzamjedi vs Salbei | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 7
Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 8
Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 9
Aswan Jaguar vs juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 10
juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 11
Monopoman vs juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Game 12
juzamjedi vs Monopoman | Open
Game1:
Game2:
Game3:
Result:
Last edited by jatill on 07 Jan 2011, 18:36, edited 6 times in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 04 Jan 2011, 20:03

Round 1
Group A (12 matches)
Points | Open
240sxForever: 9 points
Jatill: 6 points
Aww: 4 points
Shantak: 3 points

Shantak vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI had 3 cards and Disenchant Mox Ruby, I thought it was so not to discard a card but it followed by Black Vise, weird. AI played Timetwister and helped me since it discarded 4 of its cards. In the end AI just ran out of steam.
Game 2: AI didn’t really played anything since it only had 2 lands. Lotus Cobra powered Sorin Markov laughed at AI’s life advantage and chipped at it.
Aww vs Shantak 2-1 | Open
Game 1: I know I shouldn’t mulligan but I was tempted when I got Disenchant, Wrath of Good and Control Magic, but decided to listen to Aww and keep it. I managed Howling Mine and Black Vise only to have Relic Crush laugh in my face. I was at 4, AI just played Rampaging Baloths and got 3 beast tokens when I drew Black Lotus which gave me my second white mana for Wrath of God. Bloodghast pestered me when he came back from the graveyard but I drew Disintegrate to deal with it. The AI had 6 cards in hand and 11 lands and stopped playing unless it would have to discard. In the end Gatekeeper of Malakir killed me.
Game 2: I start with Underground Sea, Time Walk and Counterspell. At 17 I played Wrath of God followed by next turn Mahamoti Djinn only to have Hideous End played on it. AI played Kalitas and I responded with Control Magic and Royal Assassin but again Relic Crush, this time for Control Magic and Mox Pearl. Kalitas destroyed my assassin and got killed in response. I was at below 10 when I drew Timetwister than Regrowth for Timetwister, Mahamoti Djinn and Fireball for 16 in two turns.
Game 3: I start with Demonic Tutor, Disenchant and Wheel of Fortune. After Wheel of Fortune I played Serra Angel, Juggernaut and Mahamoti Djinn in a few turns. The djinn stuck and Disintegrate finished it.

Shantak vs Jatill 2-1 | Open
Game 1: Oracle of Mul Daya propelled Rampaging Baloths and Sorin Markov sped the game up.
Game 2: I had to mulligan to 4 to get lands and even than got only 1. Played 2 lands and Disfigure when 2 Hymn to Tourach left me empty. I managed Bloodghast after that but since it can’t block I had no chance.
Game 3: I decided not to block Mindstab Thrull and discard 3 cards even though one was Sorin Markov and instead saved Scute Mob which grew to massive proportions after I top decked my 5th land.
Jatill vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
Game 1: A quick win with Order of the Ebon Hand, Elvish Lyre and Aeolipile.
Game 2: Another fast game courtesy of Hymn to Tourach and trhulls.

Shantak vs 240sxForever 1-2 | Open
Game 1: I had to mulligan a 5 land hand with Harrow to a one land hand and again to finally have 2 lands, play one and have it destroyed by Strip Mine, and the second by another Strip Mine. I thought that card was restricted. I only drew 2 lands and with that couldn’t play anything. I didn’t play a single card the entire game.
Game 2: Lotus Cobra and Khalni Gem gave me enough speed to win even though I didn’t get a single fatty.
Game 3: Terrible draw again, all cards with BB in their casting cost and only Forest in hands, mulligan to no lands and mulligan again to 1 lands but I top deck the second only to have it destroyed. AI completes Urza lands and it was game over. I held my own for a while with Khalni Gem, Relic Crush and Marsh Casualties but it was only a matter of time until I got Sorin Markov followed by Kalistas but my joy was cut short by Rocket Launcher that kills Sorin Markov and myself as well.
240sxForever vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
Game 1: 2 Mishra’s Factory were enough to kill the AI. I played 1 Strip Mine, completed Urza lands, had Rocket Launcher in play and 7 cards in my hand. Not even close.
Game 2: 3 Mishra’s Factory was nearly enough to win but the AI managed to get enough lands to stall but it was only a matter of time when I’d win. This time Colossus of Sardia ran over Ob Nixilis, the Fallen.

aww vs Jatill 2-1 | Open
Game 1:
Game 2: I decide to keep Time Walk, Timetwister and Terror. One is a dead card but the other 2 are worth gold. My fears were valid and the AI plays Hymn to Tourach leaving me with Mahamoti Djinn. AI played Mindstab Thrull but before it attacked the game froze. I think Jatill would’ve won since I would lose all my cards and with 30 life AI had it would be nigh impossible to win but with the game at the beginning I’ll replay it.
Game 1a: I keep Bayou, Timetwister and Wrath of God, at least I have a land this time. I played Timetwister, got enough mana, Demonic Tutor for Balance which left the board and hands empty and we both entered top deck mode which I won with superior cards. The game froze again but the AI was at 1, Mahamoti Djinn and Serra Angel were attacking so I think it’s safe to say Aww won.
Game 2: I start with Mox Pearl, Fireball and Ancestral Recall. I put Howling Mine in play but couldn’t get a blue mana source again, the AI had me at 9 and had a full hand, but I had Ancestral Recall and Time Walk so it’s hard to say how it would end but unless I managed to deal 30 damage to the AI in one turn or drawing a blue mana source and Balance I would’ve lost and considering the first game I give this game to Jatill.
Game 3: Keep Bayou, Timetwister and Royal Assassin. I can’t get a blue mana source for Timetwister but Royal Assassin keeps a whole army in check. I play Wrath of God and Serra Angel but AI just gave up preferring to use Ring of Renewal even with Black Vise in play I just cruise to victory. AI could’ve won by attacking and playing Hymn to Tourach but it didn’t, so I win in the end.
Jatill vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Game 1: An interesting game, I thought the AI gave up after a while because it didn’t play anything although it had an explosive start. It did play Wrath of God while it was at 5 and I was at 5 cards and Howling Mine was in play. I won on the turn with 1 card left to draw which would make it my last turn. AI even discarded Regrowth, there is no way I would have won if the AI wasn’t so stupid it’s beyond words.
Game 2: I killed the AI with only a few creatures, it didn’t wish to play Wheel of Fortune which it did last game, after I discarded it the AI didn’t use Regrowth to get it back, this deck is just too complicated for the AI unless it can play Serra Angel or Mahamoti Djinn.

Aww vs 240sxForever 2-0 | Open
Game 1: I keep Mox Sapphire, Ancestral Recall and Terror. After that I draw Serra Angel and Black Lotus and control the game. 2 Strip Mine slowed me down a bit but not much.
Game 2: I keep Savannah, Tropical Island and Mox Emerald. I get good cards, Wheel of Fortune goes great, I have Timetwister but don’t play since Serra Angel takes care of everything.
240sxForever vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI had a good start with Balance but it didn’t have 2 blue or white mana and discarded Control Magic and Wrath of God so it wasn’t a threat.
Game 2: Black Vise did a lot of damage in the beginning. I used Strip Mines to limit blue and white mana for the AI and when I finally completed Urza lands Dragon Engine finished the game.

Jatill vs 240sxForever 2-0 | Open
Game 1: Order of the Ebon Hand with Thrull Retainer did most of the work. I started with 3 Hymn to Tourach which helped a lot.
Game 2: Order of the Ebon Hand and Thrull Campion powered army did most of the work.
240sxForever vs Jatill 2-0 | Open
Game 1: On the 3rd turn I complete Urza set and just wait for Colossus of Sardia and Rocket Launcher.
Game 2: AI threatened with Order of the Ebon Hand but Tawnos’s Coffin took care of that. Besides that AI played surprisingly little.

Group B

Points | Open
Salbei: 11 points
Aswan Jaguar: 4 points
Monopoman: 6 points
Juzamjedi: 4 points

Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar 2-1 | Open
Game 1: It was a close match but 1 had 7 Mountain and only 1 Plains so I couldn’t play Vengeful Archon or Condemn and tap a creature with Blinding Mage. Only other creature I had was Juggernaut which isn’t a blocker. The AI just had more creatures than I could deal with. My next draw was Day of Judgement but I couldn’t play it anyway.
Game 2: Hoarding Dragon won the game.
Game 3: AI had an army fast but I had Day of Judgement. After that it was easy. Magma Phoenix and Sun Titan did the job.
Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei 1-2 | Open
Game 1: It was a close match. I had the upper hand until Inferno Titan came into play but luckily I had blockers. Magma Phoenix was dealing me a lot of damage, we were both at 7. I activated Ihf-Biff Efreet twice and attacked with Serendib Djinn for the win.
Game 2: I was mana screwed and just as I was starting to recover AI attacks with Vengeful Archon, plays Fireball for 4, sacrifices Ember Hauler and on my turn Juzam Djinn finishes me off.
Game 3: I pressed the AI hard but it outraced me to victory thanks to Inferno Titan. AI finished at 2 but it blocked my 5/5 djinn one turn with Platinum Angel and slowed me down. I had Cyclone in hand but only one Forest. If I had the other I would’ve won.

Salbei vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI had a good go with Noble Purpose but Inferno Titan turned the odds in my favour.
Game 2: Baneslayer Angel and Magma Phoenix made this game short.
Monopoman vs Salbei 2-0 | Open
Game 1: Controlled the game from the start. Finished the AI by playing Bribery for Inferno Titan to deal 1 needed damage to win.
Game 2: AI had only Mountain in play so it just discarded cards it couldn’t play but even if the AI had mana I had more than enough counters and removals. My hand was too good.

Salbei vs juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI slowed me down with Time Elemental but I just had much better creatures.
Game 2: Another straight forward win, I was strapped for R in the beginning but when I got it the game was over soon. Time Elemental annoyed me a little but it didn’t change the outcome.
juzamjedi vs Salbei 1-2 | Open
Game 1: A long game where no one was able to get the upper hand. I had to use Pyrotechnics and Chain Lighting to kill Chandra Nalar and when Baneslayer Angel came into play I thought the game was over but luckily AI blocked Infernal Medusa with it, at that point AI 35, me 30 and we’re in top deck mode. AI gets Cyclops Gladiator and I get Beasts of Bogardan but there was no way around Vengeful Archon.
Game 2: AI played Ancient Hellkite 4 times, 3 times I bounced it with Time Elemental and the last time I had Force Spike for it. I had the AI at 6 when it played Day of Judgement, luckily I bounced Time Elemental and would lose without it since it continued to bounce Chandra Nalar a few times, Vengeful Archon and Sun Titan.
Game 3: Sadly this one wasn’t even close. Last game I had a ton of Island this time none so I couldn’t play Time Elemental or Tetsuo Umezava and couldn’t deal with AI’s Serra Ascendant which thoroughly ravaged me, Serra Angel and Hoarding Dragon. I checked AI’s hand before I lost and saw Pacifism and Day of Judgement. No chance in game 3.

Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game 1: Coumbajj Witches allowed to control the board and djinn from the Bottle of Suleiman did most of the damage. Luckily AI has only 12 life to begin with so it was quick.
Game 2: Dandan did most of the damage and Serendib Efreet with Unstable Mutation finished the job.
Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI had a good start but I managed to get enough creatures and Ernham Djinn with Bribery. Ihf-Biff Efreet could’ve killed me but it activated it’s ability only once.
Game 2: I had some trouble getting lands but I managed to win. I even had Worship but I would’ve won without it since I was at 1 exactly.

Aswan Jaguar vs juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
Game 1: AI did me a favour when it played Immolation on Juzam Djinn but without any spell to kill it.
Game 2: Khabal Ghoul and Drop of Honey work perfectly and when Sorceress Queen enters play the game soon finishes.
juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
Game 1: It was a close match but Greed gave me card advantage that was decisive in the end.
Game 2: It was a close match until I put Greed and Nicol Bolas into play.

Monopoman vs juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
Game 1: I had plenty of creatures and Glorious Anthem and controlled everything from the beginning.
Game 2: I controlled the match since the beginning. Bribery for Fallen Angel, Blinding Angel and Noble Purpose made it real easy.
juzamjedi vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game 1: When the AI started to come back it was over because of the small amount of life AI had. I controlled the game at all times.
Game 2: The AI got me to 15 but then I took control and won easily.
Last edited by Cognis on 14 Jan 2011, 15:12, edited 6 times in total.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Shantak » 04 Jan 2011, 20:59

Round 1

Group A done

Match1 finished
Shantak vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: AI cast Lightning Bolt on my Oracle when I had just cast Scute Mob that was about to grow. Then I got Sorin Markov in play, took AI down to 10 and then 5 with mob. Control Magic on mob slowed me down but Relic Crush took down the Control and Scute Mob could finish the job.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Mulligan still left me with 1 land but AI's Howling Mine helped me. AI had plenty of mana early, but I got Lotus Cobra which helped me to Malakir Bloodwitch which attacked once, then died to Fireball. I then cast Ob Nixilis, played my normal land, played extra land through Oracle, cracked a fetchland and finally used Khalni Heart Expedition. Ob was 18/18 and killed AI without attacking.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Pretty easy games - once AI ran out of removal I had more than enough threats to finish him.
Match2 finished
Aww vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Opened with two lands and Fireball. Removed AI's Scute Mob with StoP, cast Juggernaut, lost it and a Mox to Relic Crush. I then luckily burned Ob Nixilis with Fireball before it started growing. AI then cast Rampaging Baloths which got one beast made before I Regrowthed my Swords to Plowshars and sent it away. Then AI got Kalitas to play and I though I cast Mahamoti Djinn, it was just destroyed (With Hideous End, actually) and I couldn't do anything more. The game went well for a while but AI had too much card advantage and I ran out of cards.

Game2:
clear loss
Score: 0-2
Notes: With Lotus Cobra boost AI got Oracle of Mul Daya in play quickly and with its extra land cast Scute Mob and had five lands. Then came Ob and together they all hit me for 22 damage.

Game3:
-

Summary:
I couldn't have done anything better, and taking mulligan is practically out of question even with no lands (not that I had such problem), I think. Just didn't have removal when it was needed.
Result: 0-2
Match3 finished
Shantak vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: One mulligan to get more than 1 land (got 3). Was Hymned once. Grazing Gladeheart gave 8 life (due to Khalni Gem) and then I had enough land to grow Scute Mob. It finished AI as 13/13.

Game2:
clear loss
Notes: Lost my second and third land to Hymn to Tourach. I drew some fetchlands, AI was pounding me with Order of the Ebon Hand, got blockers but AI got Derelor. Derelor died to its blockers but I didn't get more removal and the Order killed me. Short of getting more land or removal, there was nothing I could do.

Game3:
open game
Notes: Took out one Order of the Ebon Hand but AI got another. This one even got Thrull Retainer but that didn't stop Disfigure. For some reason I had five swamps but no forests. Until my sixth land drop. Then I cast Sorin and Scute Mob to kick AI's butt. If I hadn't gotten that forest AI could have won this one.

Summary:
Early Hymn to Tourach was the only thing I feared. That, and not getting enough land. But with no removal to speak of in Fallen Empires it couldn't do a thing once I got good creatures to play.
Match4 finished
Jatill vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Marsh Casualties took out two of my Ebon Hand knights, leaving Scute Mob to AI (with 3 lands). AI didn't cast anything at three lands so I sacced a Mindstab Thrull to kill his hand (discarded two lands). Once AI got his fifth land I sacced Necrite to kill Scute Mob. Then Manalink crashed. I restarted and loaded the game but for some reason (handicap cards) it made me lose right away. I reloaded and then it worked. So yeah, dead Scute Mob. I kept beating past AI's Bloodghast with Necrite, kept AI's hand empty with Hymns and won with Elven Lyre's boost.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Beating with Order, cast one Hymn for two good flyers (Mosquito and Bloodwitch), killed with Order, Necrite and Aeolipile.

Game3:
-

Summary:
With aggressive start (Hymn and/or Ebon Hand) this is completely doable as long as AI doesn't get removal or good creatures out. I never thought I could get some use for Necrite or Elven Lyre but they were so useful :) I'm pretty sure however that this is the only half-way decent deck type you could do with Fallen Empires.
Match5 finished
Shantak vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Notes: AI Strip Mined one of my swamps and completed Urzatron on turn four, casting Tetravus. I couldn't cast cards requiring two black mana and so AI ran over me, all due to one Strip Mine.

Game2:
open game
Notes: This time the early Strip Mine didn't hurt me and I got enough land. I was struggling initially, but when I got Ob Nixilis, the Fallen into play there was nothing AI could do.

Game3:
clear loss
Score: 1-2
Notes: Tawnos's Coffin worked nicely as quasi-removal for AI while I was drawing just land. I was overran by creatures.

Summary:
In the last game I had unlucky draws, but in the first one I lost due to land destruction. Let's see if I can do as well when we change decks.
Result: 1-2
Match6 finished
240SXFOREVER vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Battering Ram banding with Yotian Soldier is pretty nice. AI has plenty of mana though so I have to be quick. It works out as I complete Urzatron, cast Triskelion and Rocket Launcher and on the next turn burn AI to death with them.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: I start by getting all my Mishra's Factories in play. I cast no spell (other than first turn Candlebra of Tawnos I didn't use) during the whole game and do all damage and creature killing with the factories. Great! AI lacked a second black mana though - that must have held him back.

Game3:
-

Summary:
After these two matches I don't think my deck is any kind of foil against the Antiquities deck, it seems to be vice versa even. With two colors and plenty of doublecasters, land destruction hurts my deck really bad. The only way it wins is actually through its bombs and if I can't get to them, a deck with efficient, easily castable creatures like this one can easily beat it.
Match7 finished
Aww vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Three mana in my starting hand. Third turn Wheel of Fortune into more cards. Then Serra Angel backed by a Counterspell in play. AI had Order of the Ebon Hand in play but with Time Walk I dealt damage faster.

Game2:
open game
Notes: I started with two lands and Demonic Tutor, but was Hymned after my first land drop. I thought I'd lost my Swords to Plowshares due to Mindstab Thrull but instead got Royal Assassin in play - and AI didn't sac the thrull so I didn't lose more than two life. ...and then my Assassin to Aeolipile. I then got nice cards (Lightning Bolt, Mahamoti Djinn) but not mana to cast them. Even when I Bolt AI's Thrull Champion and Disintegrate Order of th Ebon Hand, two Necrites openly swing at me and I can't topdeck Balance or Wrath of God. If not for the Aeolipile, my Assassin would have sticked and controlled the game.

Game3:
open game
Notes: No-land hand soon gives Black Vise that deals good damage (total 13 in whole game) while I get pounded by Ebon Hand and Derelor. I renew my hand with Wheel of Fortune and zap some thrulls while wishing to draw another black mana for Royal Assassin. I topdeck Badlands and cast Assassin just before a Hymn to Tourach and control the game with it... until AI topdecks Aeolipile. I have Serra in hand and I'm waiting for another white mana... and topdeck also that! I cast Serra Angel, swing, Disintegrate AI for 9, swing and Fireball the rest.
Summary:
Close games even when I got good cards, thanks to AI's card advantage. Hymns were again the one thing I feared.
Match8 finished
Jatill vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Mulligan once, then Hymn to Tourach, Order of the Ebon Hand, swing, Timetwister for AI. Then AI Disintegrates me for 2 instead of destroying a creature. Then my small army brings AI to 7 life and he... topdecks Balance. Then my Mindstab Thrull with Thrull Retainer rings him to 4 life and... Wrath of God. I then soon draw and play Ebon Praetor and Order of the Ebon Hand which finish the job. AI had plenty of mana so if he would have gotten a bomby creature in play this would have been a lot harder.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Three mana (two Moxen) hand for AI. Two Order of the Ebon Hand knights beat up AI who draws only land for some turns. He had two cards in hand when he died, but he had no blue mana in play. Who knows if they were Mahamoti Djinn and Control Magic :)

Game3:
-

Summary:
Without good luck early in the game or big creature late in the game there's nothing AI can do against this kind of deck with only so few cards.
Match9 finished
Aww vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: I start with Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall and Time Walk. Let's put them all to use then. I draw Moxen of wrong colors and end up having to discard (Channel goes first). I get lands but not second white for Serra Angel. Clay Statue deals damage to me but then I get Plateau and Serra... But AI has flying Primal Clay and Ornithopter with Coral Helm in play so I can't really attack. Luckily AI doesn't attack either.

I then wait for AI to cast something I can Counterspell and then cast Balance to empty his hand. My Howling Mine doesn't fit that tactic however. But then I draw Regrowth, grow back Disenchant, take out Coral Helm and start attacking with Serra and Mahamoti Djinn. AI has gone into discard mode though it has mana to cast anything in its hand. I would take him out in a few turns but see a faster alternative - Wheel of Fortune to bring both of our decks to one card and then Howling Mine draw kills him.

Game2:
tough win
Notes: Starting land has Mox, Wrath of God, Black Lotus. I don't get lands and I have to sac Black Lotus for Royal Assassin when AI gets Mightstone to pump his attackers. Then Regrowth Black Lotus for more mana... and crap! Tawnos's Coffin takes out my Assassin. When AI gets Clockwork Avian I sac Lotus again, now for Wrath of God. Then Disintegrate takes out Clay Statue. ...and then AI gets Colossus of Sardia. I draw Channel to supplement my Fireball, but I don't have enough life to take out AI, so I bust the Colossus with them. I draw Mahamoti Djinn soon but have no blue mana. Then Control Magic, then Timetwister, nothing I can cast. AI has gone to inactive mode and would likely die to my Black Vise in twelve turns, but I finally draw blue mana and get the Djinn to play. AI untaps Coffin to use it, but I soon get Juggernaut (which AI favors with Coffin though it could kill it with Mishra's Factories) and finally win.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Beta deck needs good luck to win, but if AI becomes inactive it just turns into a waiting game. Human opponent could have won the both games against me.
Match10 finished
240SXFOREVER vs Aww | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Would get Urzatron in three turns but decide to Strip Mine AI. Then, with Urza lands and Candelabra of Tawnos, I get huge mana and cast everything I have. When AI is at 25 life, I attack with Tetravus and Triskelion, get 18 mana from my lands, blast AI with Rocket Launcher... and he remains in 6 life. Well, better do that now - would he cast Balance I would lose all my lovely lands. AND HE DOES JUST THAT! Wow. I don't know what premotion I had, but I'm glad I used that rocket launcher. I do 3 more hits with Triskelion counters and sac all lands but Mishra's Factory. Then I topdeck a land, animate my Factory and with Mightstone boost I kill AI. Lucky! Clear win until that Balance, but no problems really.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Turn three Urzatron and then Tetravus. Strip Mine away AI's white mana. Cast Su-Chi, boost with Coral Helm, win.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Clear superiority thanks to Urzatron mana and good creatures. AI didn't get its best cards into play, so there was some luck too.
Match11 finished
Jatill vs 240SXFOREVER | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Necrite killed Mishra's Factory in combat (boost with Elven Lyre) and AI had mana problems then (he had used Strip Mine already). Then Aeolipile blew another Mishra's Factory (Assembly Worker). AI got Strip Mine but used it again. This way AI never got its big creatures to play and my mid-sized army took care of him.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Hymn and Mindstab Thrull emptied AI's hand, Order of the Ebon Hand took out Su-Chi with Elven Lyre's help (was short on mana). That Order was my workhorse, doing most of the damage and getting Thrull Retainer. I'm not sure if AI already gave up since it didn't do anything with Mishra's Factories and didn't cast Tawnos's Coffin though it could have (Hymn discarded it then).

Game3:
-

Summary:
Discard was the key and was this time helped with land disruption when AI sacced its own Strip Mines and its Mishra's Factories were more vulnerable than usual lands.
Match12 finished
240SXFOREVER vs Jatill | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Our small creatures trade with one another (Onulet and Mishra's Factory for two Order of the Ebon Hand, but AI has Derelor and I don't get mana for my better creatures. I then get Su-Chi and get a small break, but then Hymn takes my better creatures (Tetravus and Shapeshifter) from my hand. Now Clay Statue is my best line of defense and holds Derelor back. I then get Primal Clay (made into flying creature), which slowly and surely (with Mightstone helping) brings AI to 0 life.

Game2:
open game
Notes: One turn before Urzatron Assemble!, AI Hymns my Urza's Tower away. I build land base, take out Derelor with Tawnos's Coffin and do nice combat tricks with Staff of Zegon. Su-Chi and Triskelion deal good damage and kill AI.
Game3:
-

Summary:
Pretty even matchup, I think, with little removal on either side. Antiquities has better creatures though, I think, and AI's inability to think combatwise gave me the edge.

Group B done

Match13 finished
Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Blinding Mage slows AI by tapping Erg Raiders. I then get Magma Phoenix in play which helps me greatly. Then Sun Titan. And then Ancient Hellkite. No problems then.

Game2:
open game
Notes: AI strikes with small creatures while I draw just land and save Pacifism for something bigger (Ifh-Biff Efreet that comes next). On my sixth turn, in 17 life, I get Cyclops Gladiator, which gets promptly thrown to Oubliette. No problem, I get Ancient Hellkite to play next. It finishes in two turns with Hoarding Dragon.

Game3:
-

Summary:
M11 cards are incredibly powerful if a little expensive. 30 life buffer helps M11 greatly there, when a bomb hits table its over for Arabian Nights unless there's Oubliette in hand.
Match14 finished
Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Notes: Ghazban Ogre would have been a great start but it received a Condemn. I cast Serendib Djinn, which is really risky, but I hope AI will use a removal on it or then let me beat him for six turns if I have enough land. Well, Djinn swings once, then it's Brittle Effigy. I try Bottle of Suleiman but just get damage. Then I use Ring of Ma'Ruf - we agreed that it only takes Arabian Nights cards, right? AI has no creatures so I decide on efficient flying creature with no weakness in this matchup - Ifh-Biff Efreet. If I had looked more at cardlists, I might have chosen differently. To prove my mistake, AI casts Serra Angel. Since I have life left and AI seems to pack just heavyhitters in his hand, I cast Drop of Honey and let my creatures wait. Drop stays in play and takes out Serra, Hoarding Dragon and Baneslayer, but each of them gets to hit me once so I might be killing myself with this strategy. After Baneslayer, AI gets Inferno Titan. I cast some chump blockers which end up being burned by AI and go to 5 life while AI casts Sun Titan. Drop takes out Inferno Titan and I cast another chump blocker. It dies to Sun Titan and AI casts Ancient Hellkite. Drop takes out Hellkite and I cast Juzam Djinn to chump block Sun Titan. Then finally AI runs out of creatures and Drop kills Sun Titan, is sacrificed and I now cast my Efreet and Erg Raiders... and then AI kills me with Fireball. Was nice as long as it lasted.

Game2:
clear loss
Notes: I mulligan twice and even then get just one land. Luckily I damage AI before he gets Serra Ascendant in play. My small creatures deal 14 damage to AI, but then he gets sixth land and casts Sun Titan. And then Vengeful Archon. I Desert Twist the Archon to have some hope but the Titan hits me hard each turn. I would get Ring of Ma'Ruf, but nothing in Arabian Nights can help me now, I think. AI's Chandra explodes and I'm out.

Game3:
-

Summary:
No chance, no way. The deck has 17 lands, but I don't think it can support three colors properly. Then again, I don't know if two colors even have enough cards in Arabian Nights to make a singleton deck. M11 deck has such bombs that when it hits six mana it's game over really soon.
Match15 finished
Salbei vs Monopoman | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: AI gets me to 29 before I get Plains to cast Serra Ascendant. Small creatures deal me 5 damage and Ascendant swings twice. Then I get Magma Phoenix in play. He attacks and... AI blocks him with two 1/1 fliers. What's the point in that? AI wastes two creatures but they don't kill the Phoenix. Sure I don't get to burn all his critters now, but why not block with just one then. I end up casting Hoarding Dragon too and soon kill AI with air superiority. AI got his fifth land on his last turn and I could remove the Serra he cast with Brittle Effigy I had been saving from turn 1.

Game2:
open game
Notes: AI has Glorious Anthem out and gets good creatures while I have only Planeswalkers. They slow AI down a little but not enough. When AI casts Bribery it interestingly takes Blinding Mage instead of a big hitter. That's somethign a human might do, but I'm surprised AI did it. When I'm in 11 life, I topdeck Vengeful Archon who stops AI from attacking (he doesn't even use Blinding Mage to tap it though he did that last turn to my Pacified Ember Hauler. Next I draw Ancient Hellkite. This two bombs take out AI. Point of interest: When AI attacked with me untapped, he returned Fleeting Image to his hand while this was attacking, before dealing damage. What's the point in that then?

Game3:

Summary:
AI could give some challenge with good draws but like Arabian Nights deck, it can't do much to the bombs.
Match16 finished
Monopoman vs Salbei | Open
Game1:
tough win
Notes: AI gets no early plays and my Savannah Lions and Tundra Wolves do damage while I play land to get Serra to play. AI tries to cast Juggernaut but Spiketail Hatchling deals with it. Serra eats a Brittle Effigy and I get AI's own Serra to worry about. My own Angels keep AI from attacking, but he then gets Inferno Titan, Magma Phoenix AND Ancient Hellkite. HAlf my creatures would probably die if Inferno Titan and Ancient Hellkite attacked, but AI doesn't do that.

I see from my decklist that I don't hae anything to sweep the board and break opponents hold of the game. I also have less cards in my deck now, so I would die to waiting. My chance might be if AI stops from playing and if I get big enough army, boost it with Glorious Anthem and attack for enough damage past four blockers (16). AI tries Baneslayer Angel but I Remove Soul. Then I draw Bribery and think if I would have a chance. Platinum Angel would save me in normal game, but the ability doesn't work fully here, I think. I don't have anything fun to get with Sun Titan. Vengeful Archon could work.. maybe if I Fireballed myself... no, not enough mana to redirect... I think Platinum Angel it shall be, if not otherwise then to stop AI from getting it. And now... if I can keep the game running for 16 turns, AI's deck runs out before me ;)

After I cast Mahamoti djinn I notice I have many creatures and Master Decoy in play. I do little counting and see I should be able to do 15 damage by tapping 2 creatures and then attacking. One too little. Then I get Thieving Magpie, cast it and attack the next turn after tapping two AI creatures. That does it - but I shouldn't have won that. AI had started discarding good cards (like Ajani) already.

Game2:
open game
Notes: I start with Glorious Anthem and some creatures, but AI keeps removing them. Thieving Magpie draws me cards and I Bribe a Vengeful Archon. AI casts Inferno Titan but I Chastise it. Then comes Day of Judgment. AI gets Chandra and I'll have to attack against her for many turns with whatever I can get to stay in play. I finally do it and kill AI with some Angels.

Game3:
-

Summary:
8th Edition deck has so little removal I'm afraid to play with it, especially against M11. I have no doubt its flyers are effective against other decks.
Match17 finished
Salbei vs Juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: AI puts me once again to 29 before I get Serra Ascendant. Then Legends start beating me up. Tetsuo Umezawa seems to have shroud here? Blinding Mage couldn't tap him. Then, after few turns of mana problems, I go to five and start casting bombs. Magma Phoenix (which cleans AI's creatures), Baneslayer Angel, Serra Angel... The rest is easy.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Tetsuo Umezawa seems to be a man of peace, since he doesn't attack though I have no creatures. Then the same pattern. Hit five mana, start casting bombs. Tetsuo definitely has shroud since Chandra Nalaar can't target him either (and I had to target my own creature - luckily it was Magma Phoenix). I take a deep breath when I see AI cast Nicol Bolas just after I cast Pacifism on Fallen Angel. Luckily Serra Angel and Chandra together take Bolas down. With that taken care of, the rest is a breeze.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Like before, with 30 life you can easily wait for 5 or 6 mana and start casting bombs.
Match18 finished
Juzamjedi vs Salbei | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Notes: My only early play is Walking Dead that gets Condemn. Luckily I Force Spike AI's Baneslayer Angel. Then I'll have to use both Chain Lightning and Pyrotechnics to kill Inferno Titan. AI then casts Vengeful Archon, but my eigth turn play is Nicol Bolas. Then AI tops me with Ajani Goldmane and starts pumping Archon and attacking. I topdeck land, can't attack and can't do anything. Then Gwendlyn di Corci and another land topdeck and I'm out. ON my last turn I use Gwen and make AI discard a Fireball he could have killed me with. Strange.

Game2:
tough win
Notes: One mulligan to get better lands. Then I put GIant Strength on my Zephyr Falcon and start swinging, but again, Condemn. When I have Crimson Manticore and Beasts of Bogardan, AI casts Day of Judgment. My Carrion Ants stick and take AI's Chandra to 1 life but get Brittle Effigy. Next, AI casts Ancient Hellkite and I know my time is running out. My only chance would be Time Elementa, but AI knows how to use Hellkites power and kills it once. I take it back with Grim Discovery, try again and... AI deals ony 1 damage to it! Now I can keep AI's mana tapped by bouncing Hellkite and deal 3 damage with Gwendlyn Di Corci each turn. Heh, AI then cast Pacifism on Time Elemental. At least it can't escape now. And then... Victory!

Game3:
open game
Notes: Tetsuo Umezawa has his revenge! Die, Ember Hauler (with lands tapped)! Die, blocking Serra Angel! Die, blocking Ancient Hellkite! Then, Chandra Explodes and Umezawa dies... Lucky that I have Grim Discovery. And then I have Carrion Ants and a clear field to kill AI... or to bring 2 and have my creatures die to Day of Judgment. Luckily I have Psionic Entity to deal the last damage after two turns.

Summary:
Really impressive Legends deck. Lack of proper removal is tough. And Juzamjedi was correct in that Tetsuo Umezawa is busted and probably the best card in his deck then :)
Match19 finished
Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Initially I take some damage from small (power 1) creatures but then I get Library of Alexandria going and cast Cyclone, get lucky with Bottle of Suleiman and win with the djinn and some help.

Game2:
open game
Notes: I begin with Library of Alexandria and soon draw Juzam Djinn. It's an easy win, but AI gets me to 9 life with his fast flyers.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Arabian Nights has easier times against 8th than M11, but the life difference is a big reason for that as well.
Match20 finished
Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Bribery on Sorceress Queen, use her to deal with Old Man of the Sea, beat with flyers.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Slow start for AI, early Serra Angel for me. Noble Purpose caused me not to worry about life.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Easy games, though having little life made me little worried if AI had gotten an early beater.
Match21 finished
Aswan Jaguar vs Juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
clear loss
Notes: I'm lacking black mana while my hand fills with black cards. That becomes my doom, as I don't draw any more mana than the initial two in my hand while AI has many creatures against my Flying Men and soon-to-be-his Ghazban Ogre.

Game2:
open game
Notes: Mulligan after no lands in starting hand. Initial game is even, but soon AI destroys my Sorceress Queen. In the end I'm missing second greem mana for Desert Twister or Cyclone and AI's creatures run me over.

Game3:
-

Summary:
I had bad luck with mana, but I still think that Legends has better average creatures than Arabian Nights, and I didn't draw my best creatures.
Match22 finished
Juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: I make some mistakes playing (forgot to use Tor Wauki against AI's attackers) but one by one I take out AI's creatures and kill him.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: I take some early damage but Mana Drain Bottle of Suleiman and get my castings going with the extra mana. AI casts Desert Twister on Giant Strength instead of the creature I've enchanted. Nothing really even slows me down.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Legends deck has 19 lands which causes it to be much more reliable than Arabian Nights deck though both have three colors. It's surely not the only thing that made me do so much better with Legends, but it seemed to have an effect.
Match23 finished
Monopoman vs Juzamjedi | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: My early creatures deal 13 damage before AI gets his first creature. With Pacifism and Master Decoy, they deal the rest easily as well.

Game2:
clear loss
Notes: I end up casting Bribery on Nicol Bolas to get some life through Noble Purpose before dying. That gave me some time and Mahamoti Djinn might have saved me if opponent hadn't countered it (first Force Spike, then Remove Soul).

Game3:
clear win
Notes: AI doesn't cast anything else than Walking Dead and Giant Strength on it (I Pacifism it). My flyers easily win.

Summary:
It wasn't hard, but with bad draws, 12 life was really low.
Match24 finished
Juzamjedi vs Monopoman | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: First hand has six non-mountain lands and two red spells so I mulligan. My Carrion Ants finish the game in two swings after a Mana Drain boost countering Angel of Mercy.

Game2:
open game
Notes: AI cast everything for the first five turns with one mana open so I couldn't use Force Spike. Then I luckily Force Spike Mahamoti Djinn (though AI's Spiketail Hatchling could have countered the spike). We build our forces and then AI casts Worship. Crap! And then Noble Purpose! It takes forever but I destroy each creature (luckily AI blocks despite Worship) and kill him.

Game3:
-

Summary:
Legends seems to have better creatures though they lack evasion. Even with good cards AI would have problem striking through 30 life.

Group A
240SXFOREVER 9
Shantak 8
Jatill 6
Aww 3

Group B
Salbei 11
Juzamjedi 10
Monopoman 5
Aswan Jaguar 2
Last edited by Shantak on 11 Jan 2011, 21:25, edited 9 times in total.
Shantak

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Jan 2011, 22:44

Round 1[/size]

Group A (12 matches)

Points | Open
Shantak = 6
Aww = 3
Jatill = 9
240sxForever = 6

Game 1
Shantak vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Result:2-0
Game 2
Aww vs Shantak 2-1 | Open
Game1:I lost because I didn't have 2nd white mana to play Wrath of Gods or 2nd U for Control magic.
Game2:
Game3:
Result:2-1
Game 3
10/1 15.00
Shantak vs Jatill 2-0 | Open
Game1:AI stupidly blocks with 2 Order of the Ebon Hand my 4/4 but doesn't use first strike.Rampaging Baloths give me numerous beasts and win.
Game2:Oracle of Mul Daya + Ob Nixilis are unstoppable.
Game3:
Game 4
10/1 15.00
Jatill vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
Game1:
Game2:2 Hymn to Tourach followed by derelor end this.
Game3:
Game 5
10/1 15.00
Shantak vs 240sxForever 2-0 | Open
Game1:AI choose to sac Su Chi over Battering Ram!Then "surrendered"
Game2:
Game3:
Game 6
10/1 15.00
240sxForever vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
Game1:
Game2: Mishra Factory made all the damage.
Game3:
Game 7
10/1 15.00
aww vs Jatill 1-2 | Open
Game1:1t Howling Mine gave me enough cards to win,even without big draw spells.
Game2:2 Hymn to Tourach hurt me really bad, and without any removals for me it was over.
Game3:crashed
Game3a:mana problems+Hymn to Tourach =loss
Result:1-2
Game 8
10/1 15.00
Jatill vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Game1:Really good start for AI with land,mox,Howling Mine then Timetwister.2 Hymn to Tourach helped me a lot but I am not sure I could won if it didn't "go in sleep mode".
Game2:1st drop Black Vice brings me to 17life 4t later but then AI drew only lands,mox so I won.
Game3:
Game 9
10/1 15.00
Aww vs 240sxForever 2-0 | Open
Game1:Lost a land to a Strip Mine,but then balance made things even,Disenchant Yotian Soldier,played Timetwister and Juggernaut + Mohamoti Djinn to win.
Game2:2t Royal Assassin, 3t Mohamoti Djinn , Tawnos Coffin win stopped my Djinn but Royal Assassin finished it in 2t.
Game3:
NoticeI don't get why AI has to repay Tawnos Coffin cost for the same creature!
Game 10
10/1 15.00
240sxForever vs Aww 2-0 | Open
Game1:AI cast 3t Serra Angel and 4t Disenchant ed my Su Chi,Tawnos Coffin for Serra Angel.AI answers,Swords to Plowshares my Clockwork Avian but Colossus of Sardia and others win.
Game2:Dragon Engine gets Swords to Plowshares but Urza assembly cast an early Colossus of Sardia who wins.
Game3:

10/1 15.00
Jatill vs 240sxForever 2-0 | Open
Game1:Hymn to Tourach + Mindstab Thrall discard 5 AI cards,then foolishly Strip Mine 2 of my lands and got stuck to 1.
Game2:3 Hymn to Tourach hit hard+2 Order of the Ebon Hand + Derelor to win.
Game3:
Game 12
10/1 15.00
240sxForever vs Jatill 2-0 | Open
Game1:3 Mishra Factory defend and attack really well.
Game2:2 Hymn to Tourach vanish my hand but 3 Mishra Factory again make the difference,since AI can't get that they pump up.
Game3:

Group B (12 matches)

Points | Open
Salbei =16
Aswan Jaguar =4
Monopoman =2
Juzamjedi =3

Game 1
11/1 19.30
Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
Game1:Serendib Efreet mutated,Djinn,Ifh-Biff Efreet put up a good fight but Sun Titan,Blinding Mage and Ember Hauler +pacifism to Serendib Efreet turn it my side while at 7 life.
Game2:AI in consecutive turns plays Serendib Efreet+Mutation,Juzam Djinn I Codemn,Ifh-Biff Efreet,Erhnam Djinn,Dandan,while I have Blinding Mage,Hoarding Dragon and Magma Phoenix we exchange creatures and AI uses Ifh-Biff Efreet to kill my fliers Magma Phoenix kills the little guys.AI 20life me at 11 Erhnam Djinn for Juggernaut and AI casts Khabal Ghoul 3/3 but I draw play Ancient Hellkite,pacifism gets Khabal Ghoul and its over.
Game3:
both games AI had a good start if it hadn't been for Blinding Mage tapping Serendib Efreet+Mutation I would have lost.MVP
Game 2
Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei 2-1 | Open
Game1:Unstable flying men bring AI to 20life,Brittle Effigy for Hasran Ogress.Erhnam Djinn races with Serra Angel and Day of Judgment meets them and Dandan unprepared.16 AI life me at 22.Trade Juzam Djinn for Ember Hauler+ Magma Phoenix.AI plays Baneslayer Angel and me Serendib Efreet,I sac Ring of Ma'Ruf for Oubliette and take Baneslayer Angel out.Attack and kill Chandra Nallaar in 3t.18life AI-6 me.Win at 2life but should have lost since AI didn't play last 3t and had a Fireball for 3t to blast my ass.
Game2:1st turn Serra Ascendant damn,before I get a single flier to block her or get 6 land for Desert Twister though I drew 4 extra cards with Library of Alexandria.
Game3:Erhnam Djinn,Juzam Djinn,Bottle of Suleiman give me an easy win, me at 19life before AI casts 7landers.

Salbei vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game1:Serra Ascendant gets Remove Soul,but Inferno Titan is unstopable.
Game2:Noble Purpose and some creatures held me back for a while but there was no answer to Ancient Hellkite and AI used Bribery for his beloved Juggernaut with so many heavy creatures in this deck. :shock:
Game3:
Game 4
11/1 19.30
Monopoman vs Salbei 0-2 | Open
Game1:Glorious Anthem pumps my little guys and even up life to 15.Master Decoy cooperates with Blinding Angel and bring AI down to 6 Serra Angel swings for more and gets Chastise,me at16 now but AI has 4 big creatures against my 2 gyus.Cyclops Gladiator kills my Master Decoy,Blinding Angel blocks and kills him but I am way overpowered 0-1.
Game2:AI plays 1st turn Serra Ascendant damn.I stop her 4times with Master Decoy and block with Suntail Hawk,Worship saves my ass and get rid of Ajani Goldmane with Serra Angel life 49 AI-1me,counter his Serra Angel AI responds and Codemn mine.1t before Inferno Titan kills my last creature and loose the game I topdeck Pacifism,play it on Inferno Titan his other guys can't hurt me,AI discards Day of Judgment because it has better creatures in play,if it palyed it it was over I was hit for 20life.The game freezes I load autosave and continue I use Bribery for Ancient Hellkite so that it can't kill my creatures I have less cards in library so I have to attack we trade creatures,then Brittle Effigy kills my last guy,Baneslayer Angel hits me once but I am at 15 now topdeck a guy and safe again till I lose to no cards #-o
Game3:
Result:0-2
Game 5
12/1 16.00
Salbei vs juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
Game1: 6\6 Serra Ascendant and Cyclops Gladiator do it for me.
Game2:I clear Tetsuo Umezawa and Time Elemental with Day of Judgment AI equipped Time Elemental with Giant Strength and Immolation! a creature you don't attack or block with :lol: Ancient Hellkite,Serra Angel end this.
Game3:
Game 6
12/1 16.00
juzamjedi vs Salbei 0-2 | Open
Game1:A Baneslayer Angel really hurts me I manage to take her out with Fallen Angel (sac 3 guys ) to do it.Trade a lot of creatures with AI,38life-me 3,and noone has creatures in play.Gwendlyn Di Corci before it gets killed discards AI's Fireball.My Tetsuo Umezawa gets Day of Judgment.I draw 3lands in a raw while AI plays Ancient Hellkite,I activate Greed praying for a removal,but Time Elemental I get can't help me.
Game2:Mull to 7 because I get only blue mana and nothing to play.how great it is to counter a 1t Serra Ascendant-Force Spike,Day of Judgment kills 3 little guys.Tor Wauki+Giant Strength gets Chandra Nalaar,then trade Tor Wauki and Psionic Entity for Vengeful Archon,Ember Hauler gets my Crimson Masticore.Then AI drew and played 3 big guys while I get 3lands.It was a massacre.
Game3:
Result:0-2
Game 7
12/1 16.00
Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game1:My guys hit fast,12 life is low,very easy win.
Game2:Mulligan to 5 to get 2 lands,Ghazban Ogre and Danda^n hit fast.
Game3:
Game 8
Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar 2-1 | Open
Game1:Spiketail Hatchling counters Erhnam Djinn.Elite Javelineer trade with Erg Raiders,Bribery Serendib Djinn,Worship is in me at 6life-AI 28.AI spent Oubliette on Tundra Wolves,Angel of Mercy keeps me at 4life AI 16life,Sorceress Queen stops my Serendib Djinn and that means trouble.I Mana Leak Cyclone (if that was what AI took with Ring of Maruh would be really smart).AI foolishly trades his Sorceress Queen for Savanna Lions.Worship saves me from sac island to Serendib Djinn.Worship gave me this win it saved me 6-7times from dying.
Game2:Stone devils hit 3-4t,Oubliette takes out Master Decoy.Maybe foolishly,having nothing to play I spent Pacifism on Stone devils and next turn AI casts Juzam Djinn I chump block with Elite Javelineer and kill with them Flying men.Juzam Djinn,Cuombajj Witches finish me of.
Game3:I hit first Savanna Lions,Fleeting Mage,Thieving Magpie,AI plays Cyclone and kills Savanna Lions,Fleeting Mage and same turn Oubliette on Thieving Magpie.I Mana Leak Cuombajj Witches,11 AI life me at 9,Remove Soul Erhnam Djinn.Topdeck Bribery play for Serendib Djinn,Diving Griffin attacks,Worship is on again,Bottle of the djinn hurts AI,and in my turn I finish him off.
Game 9
12/1 17.00
Aswan Jaguar vs juzamjedi 2-1 | Open
Game1:I make some eary damage,trade Erhnam Djinn for Infernal Medusa.AI Immolates Naf Asp istead of Ghazban Ogre. Serendib Efreet ,Khabal Ghoul end this.
Game2:Unstable Ghazban Ogre makes 12 damage,AI then makes the play of the century and blocks him and take 5 damage instead of 1 =D> Fallen Angel,Zephyr Falcon exploit my lack of mana,AI Force Spike s my last chance Serendib Efreet.
Game3:Unstable Mutation Naf Asp hits,Khabal Ghoul gets Immolation Ifh-Biff Efreet end this.
Game 10
12/1 17.00
juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar 2-1 | Open
Game1:we trade little guys,Fallen Angel,Tetsuo Umezawa win this.
Game2:Walking Dead block Juzam Djinn Mutated,I Mana Drain Ifh-Biff Efreet,Time Elemental returns Unstable Mutation and Chain Lightning to kill Juzam Djinn,AI in his turn mutates Serendib Djinn and attacks for 8,in 2t Serendib Djinn kills me.
Game3:Fallen Angel,Infernal Medusa,are faster than Serendib Efreet,Infernal Medusa gets Oubliette but Carrion Ants and friends and this.
Game 11
12/1 17.00
Monopoman vs juzamjedi 2-1 | Open
Game1:Worship was keeping me alive but Time Elemental was holding me back and AI surprised me by returning Worship in my hand and attack for the kill.
Game2:I Mana Leak Carrion Ants,Savanna Lions,Diving Griffin,make some early hits,Glorious Anthem pumps my guys while AI had drawn 11 lands out of 16 cards and had nothing to play.
Game3:Little guys pumped, hit over and over,while AI has only Time Elemental without WW to make his thing,and when AI blocks with it,AI takes more damage than I would have done and die this turn instead.
Game 12
12/1 17.00
juzamjedi vs Monopoman 2-0 | Open
Game1:Soul Remove Elite Javelineer,Tetsuo Umezawa hits 3t,Gwendlyn Di Corci 2t and its over.
Game2:Tetsuo Umezawa kills 2 guys,him and Carrion Ants deliver this.
Game3:
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 12 Jan 2011, 15:33, edited 18 times in total.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby aww1979 » 05 Jan 2011, 02:09

Round 1 (DONE) (12 matches)

Points | Open
Shantak = 6 (2+2+2)
Aww = 5 (1+2+2)
Jatill = 6 (2+2+2)
240sxForever = 6 (2+2+2)

Group A All matches went 2-0 except aww vs shantak was 2-1.

Game 1
Shantak vs Aww (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, my opening hand is Khalni Gem, 3x Forest, Swamp, Khalni Heart Expedition. Given the theme of the deck, this hand seems alright.
Turn 1: Play Forest. AI plays Tundra.
Turn 2: Draw Rampaging Baloths, play Swamp, Khalni Heart Expedition. AI plays Taiga and Howling Mine.
Turn 3: Draw Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, and Forest, play Forest. AI plays Volcanic Island.
Turn 4: Draw Sorin Markov and Harrow, play Forest, cast Khalni Gem, bouncing two Forest. For some reason I have to discard down to 6, so I just throw a forest. AI plays Tropical Island and Fireball for 3 on me.
Turn 5: Draw Lotus Cobra and Heartstabber Mosquito. Play Forest and Ob Nixilis, the Fallen. I'm going to save KHE to activate at AIs EOT, that way, if it throws a Lightning Bolt on it or something, I can pump it in response with the landfall trigger. AI plays Badlands and Balance, which while not what I was anticipating, is still much less harmful than it would've been had I used KHE already. I could still respond with it, and cause AI to lose 6 life, but I will do it next turn after I play Rampaging Baloths :D I discard Heartstabber Mosquito, Lotus Cobra, and Harrow to Balance and sac Ob Nixilis; AI sacs Taiga and Tundra. (I'm thinking Sorin will be more valuable than Harrow)
Turn 6: Draw Malakir Bloodwitch and Relic Crush. Play Forest, Rampaging Baloths. EOT AI casts Terror on the Baloths, so I respond by saccing Khalni Heart Expedition (for 2 swamps) to get my beasts. AI plays Scrubland and Royal Assassin.
Turn 7: Draw Marsh Casualties and Kalitas, Bloodchief of (something that is too long to see :p) Cast Sorin Markov, cast Marsh Casualties to kill the assassin. Use Sorin's second ability to take the AI to 10 (20 damage! woo! Isn't that better than keeping Harrow back on turn 5?) Attack with the beasts for 8. AI plays Plateau.
Turn 8: Draw Territorial Baloth, Swamp. Sorin's first ability kills AI. 1-0
Game 2: Drawing first, get 3x Forest, 3x Swamp. Again, since the spells cost a lot of mana and benefit from landfall, I'll keep.
Turn 1: AI plays Taiga, Sol Ring. That could be bad, though of course it only has one card in hand left :p Draw/play Forest.
Turn 2: AI plays Savannah and passes. (glad it didn't drop Juggernaut) Draw Lotus Cobra, play swamp and cobra.
Turn 3: AI casts Balance. Ow. AI has only one card in hand, so I will keep either a forest or swamp in hand and lose the rest of those lands. Looking at the decklist, I believe a second swamp to be better in the early game, so I keep Swamp in hand, and of course sac the cobra. Draw Kalitas, play Swamp.
Turn 4: AI passes. Draw/play Forest.
Turn 5: AI passes. Draw/play Heartstabber Mosquito.
Turn 6: AI passes, discarding Disintegrate. I guess the 3 card limit is a hand size cap as well as a starting hand size. Draw Hideous End, attack with the mosquito for 2.
Turn 7: AI casts Channel and passes. /facepalm It just threw away an instant win, discarding Disintegrate right before that! Draw/play Khalni Heart Expedition, attack for 2.
Turn 8: AI passes, discarding Regrowth. Draw Marsh Casualties, attack for 2.
Turn 9: AI plays Plateau. Draw Ob Nixilis, the Fallen. Attack for 2.
Turn 10: AI plays Badlands. I'm guessing it either has a fistful of Blue cards it can't play, or is just doing the usual AI stupidity. Draw/play Swamp, cast Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, attack for 2.
Turn 11: AI discards Fireball EOT. WTF??? It could've killed Ob Nixilis... Even for the AI, that's bad. Draw Disfigure, attack for 5.
Turn 12: AI discards Mox Pearl EOT. I think my deck is doomed in this tournament, it doesn't know how to play it :p Draw/play Khalni Gem, bounce two swamp, replay one of them (ob triggers) and attack for 8.
Turn 13: AI discards Wheel of Fortune EOT. Draw/play Swamp, attack for 11 for the win. 2-0 (I realize shantak would have almost certainly won anyway, but man, that wasn't even sporting lol)
Result: shantak wins 2-0
Game 2
Aww vs Shantak (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Timetwister, Mox Pearl, Time Walk.
Turn 1: Play Mox Pearl. AI plays Forest.
Turn 2: Draw Demonic Tutor, pass. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 3: Draw Channel, discard Timetwister EOT. AI plays Swamp, Bloodghast.
Turn 4: Draw/discard Control Magic EOT. AI plays forest, attacks for 2.
Turn 5: Draw/play Sol Ring. AI plays Swamp, Territorial Baloth, attacks for 2.
Turn 6: Draw/play Taiga. AI plays Forest (landfall) and swings for 8.
Turn 7: Draw/play Howling Mine. AI plays Marsh Flats, attacks, and sacs Marsh Flats for swamp, and I take 10 damage. (two landfalls)
Turn 8: Draw/play Mox Sapphire and Mox Jet. Woo! Cast Demonic Tutor for Balance, cast Balance. AI discards 2x Forest and Marsh Casualties and sacs its entire board except for a Swamp. Cast Time Walk. Draw/play Mox Emerald and Juggernaut. AI plays Swamp (returns Bloodghast with haste) and then attacks into my Juggernaut with it. (this exact scenario is one reason why I used him as one of my creatures; the AI *always* ignores Juggernaut as a defender until it is too late)
Turn 9: Draw/play Tropical Island and Black Lotus, attack for 5. AI plays Forest (returning Bloodghast) and attacks with it for 2, and then plays Scute Mob.
Turn 10: Draw Badlands and Wrath of God, play Badlands, attack for 5; AI chumps with Scute Mob. (I didn't think it would...) AI plays Misty Rainforest and attacks for 2, then casts Oran-Rief Recluse.
Turn 11: Draw Black Vise and Terror. Cast Black Vise (not so hot now that I realize how the hand size thing works; I wish I'd used Library of Leng in its place now) and cast Terror on the recluse. Attack for 5 with the Jug. AI sacs Misty Rainforest EOT for Forest. AI attacks for 2 with Bloodghast and then plays Disfigure on Juggernaut for no reason, proving the AI isn't stupid with just my deck.
Turn 11: Draw Fireball and Volcanic Island (which I didn't need, even if AI had kept Disfigure as a way to prevent 2 damage from Juggernaut). Attack for 5 for the win. 1-0
Game2: Playing first, keep Mahamoti Djinn, Wheel of Fortune, Ancestral Recall.
Turn 1: I pass. AI plays Forest.
Turn 2: Draw Disenchant, discard Mahamoti Djinn. AI plays Swamp, Lotus Cobra.
Turn 3: Draw/play Bayou. AI plays Swamp, attacks for 2.
Turn 4: Draw/play Mox Emerald. AI plays Forest (gets 1 mana with cobra) and plays Malakir Bloodwitch, then attacks for 2. Uh oh.
Turn 5: Draw/discard Counterspell. AI plays Swamp, attacks for 6, and plays Oracle of Mul Daya, revealing Relic Crush.
Turn 6: Draw Juggernaut, discard Disenchant. AI attacks for 8 and plays Ob Nixilis, the Fallen. Ow. It would be even more ow if AI had played Marsh Flats off the top with Oracle of Mul Daya.
Turn 7: Draw/play Volcanic Island. I can play either Wheel of Fortune, tapping out to do so, or Ancestral Recall, keeping the mox and bayou untapped. Hmm.... I pull up my decklist and do some figuring, but it seems fairly apparent that I need to play the Wheel. Had my other mana included white (for balance) or red (for a subsequent wheel if I got a mox in the 3 cards) I'd have played AR, but as it is, I think it has to be the Wheel. Invoking Pat Sajak, I cast it, and get seven unplayable cards and concede. (I'd have lost as well if I'd played AR instead; I could've cast Channel but had nothing to do with it) 1-1
Game3: Playing first, I get Black Lotus, Tundra, Underground Sea. Keep!
Turn 1: Play lotus, tundra. AI plays Forest.
Turn 2: Draw/play Plateau. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 3: Draw Balance, play Underground Sea. Cast Balance (saccing the Sea to it) and AI discards its entire hand. (Verdant Catacombs, Territorial Baloth, Grazing Gladehart, Marsh Casualties, Forest, Oracle of Mul Daya) AI passes its turn.
Turn 4: Draw/play Tropical Island. AI passes.
Turn 5: Draw Disintegrate. AI casts Lotus Cobra.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mox Ruby. I could disintegrate the cobra, but I decide to hold on to it in case I get either Channel or see something scarier than a 2/1. AI attacks for 2.
Turn 7: Draw Wrath of God. I'll keep that, too, waiting for AI to play another creature. As long as I'm still within instant killing range if I topdeck Channel, I'll let it live. AI attacks for 2.
Turn 8: Draw Disenchant. AI plays Swamp, swings for 2.
Turn 9: Draw/play Badlands. AI attacks for 2.
Turn 10: Draw Royal Assassin. I have to sac the lotus to cast that, but I think it's worth it. AI casts Disfigure on the assassin EOT. AI attacks for 2.
Turn 11: Draw/play Mox Emerald. (this 30 life cushion sure is nice :p) AI attacks for 2.
Turn 12: Draw Demonic Tutor. OOH. Tutor for Channel, cast Channel, and Disintegrate for 15 for the win. (paying 14 life to channel) 2-1
Result: Aww1979 wins 2-1
Game 3
Shantak vs Jatill (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, I keep Mold Shambler, Territorial Baloth, Rampaging Baloths, Grazing Gladehart, Verdant Catacombs, Forest.
Turn 1: Play forest. AI plays swamp.
Turn 2: Draw Relic Crush, play Verdant Catacombs. (not using yet, I would prefer to draw a land next turn so I don't want to search for one yet) AI plays Swamp and Hymn to Tourach, and I lose Territorial Baloth and Relic Crush, which is fine since had it been my choice, those are the two I'd have picked.
Turn 3: Draw/play Marsh Flats. Sac both fetchlands for swamps and play Grazing Gladehart. AI plays Swamp and Hymn to Tourach, and I discard Rampaging Baloths and Mold Shambler, and have no cards in hand.
Turn 4: Draw/play Guul Draz Vampire, attack for 2. AI plays Swamp and Zelyon Sword. Man, that's a blast from the past; I probably haven't used that card in 15 years. Damn, I'm old.
Turn 5: Draw/play Swamp (gain 2 life) and attack for 3. AI plays Swamp and Thrull Champion. (Another blast from the past; I had that guy literally on day 1 after buying my first magic cards. I still have a soft spot for Thrulls to this day :p)
Turn 6: Draw Malakir Bloodwitch, pass. AI attacks with Thrull Champion. If I take the hit, it will probably be 5 (from Zelyon Sword) and since I'm losing in life totals 15-25, I block with both my creatures to trade.
Turn 7: Draw Gatekeeper of Malakir. I could play that, but I'll save it for when I can use the kicker effectively. I can't play the bloodwitch yet, so I pass. AI plays Order of the Ebon Hand. (not so much a blast from the past; I still use that card :p)
Turn 8: Draw Kalitas, Bloodchief of the whatever his cutoff title is. Play a kicked Gatekeeper of Malakir to kill the Order. AI casts Mindstab Thrull.
Turn 9: Draw/play Oran-Rief Recluse. I don't attack to trade with the gatekeeper; since he is a vampire, he will improve the bloodwitch once I can cast it. AI passes.
Turn 10: Draw/play Forest, cast Malakir Bloodwitch. (draining 2) Attack with gatekeeper, and AI blocks with the thrull to trade. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 11: Draw Disfigure, attack for 5. AI passes.
Turn 12: Draw/play Forest, attack for 5. AI plays Swamp. What the hell is the AI holding? Other than Soul Exchange and Thrull Retainer, (and Ebon Praetor would just die by itself) every card in its hand should be castable.
Turn 13: Draw/play Khalni Heart Expedition, attack for 5. AI passes.
Turn 14: Draw/play forest, cast Kalitas, attack for 5. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 15: Draw Ob Nixilis, attack for 10 for the win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Harrow, Khalni Gem, Swamp, Misty Rainforest, Forest, Guul Draz Vampire.
Turn 1: AI plays swamp. Draw/play swamp and Guul Draz Vampire.
Turn 2: AI plays Swamp and Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Sorin Markov, play Forest, attack with the vampire; AI takes the hit for 1.
Turn 3: AI attacks for 2 and plays another Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Bloodghast, play swamp and Bloodghast, attack with the vampire; AI takes the 1 damage.
Turn 4: AI plays swamp and attacks with both Orders for 4, then plays/sacs Aeolipile to kill Bloodghast. Draw/play Forest (return bloodghast) and play Khalni Gem, bouncing swamp+forest. Vampire attacks for 1.
Turn 5: AI plays swamp, attacks with both Orders and pumps twice; I take 6 and am down to 3 life. Draw Forest, play Swamp, attack with bloodghast for 2 and hope AI screws up next turn so I can get sorin out.
Turn 6: AI casts Derelor, which means it can't win this turn :D AI gives one Order first strike and attacks with that one, keeping the other one back :p I take the hit for 2. Draw Verdant Catacombs, play Sorin Markov, use first ability to kill one of the Orders. I still need AI to screw up again next turn to survive, though.
Turn 7: AI plays Ring of Renewal, tapping out again and giving me ANOTHER turn. Chump block Derelor with the vampire. Bloodghast can't block so he just watches me take 2 from the order, and I'm down to 1 life again. Draw/play Scute Mob, use Sorin's ability to kill the Order, and play Forest. Bloodghast sneaks in a hit for 2.
Turn 8: AI attacks with Derelor; Scute Mob chumps. Draw Swamp, play Misty Rainforest and cast Harrow, saccing the misty rainforest (I can't afford that 1 life) and get swamp/forest into play, mostly to thin my deck of land. Attack with Bloodghast for 2 and use Sorin's first ability on AI to drain 2 life. I could've used the Mindslaver ability, but this way maybe AI will attack sorin a couple times instead of me. Life totals are now 5-19, though I should've died on turn 6 :p
Turn 9: AI plays Swamp and attacks me for 4, ignoring sorin. AI draws with Ring of Renewal, discarding Hymn to Tourach. Draw Mold Shambler, play forest and kick Mold Shambler to smash Ring of Renewal. Bloodghast attacks for 2. Use Sorin's third ability (which approximated, gives me a Time Walk) Draw Malakir Bloodwitch. LOL. Cast it, and drain 2 life with it, since Bloodghast is a vampire. Play Verdant Catacombs. Sorin drains AI for 2 (I could use the 2nd ability, but I'd lose sorin to do it, and I might need him) and then I attack for 5. (life totals 5-8)
Turn 10: AI plays Swamp and Mindstab Thrull. Not sure what it could be holding back with the other 6 cards and BBB still untapped. Draw Swamp (keep in hand for landfall) Sorin drains AI for 2, and Bloodwitch attacks for 4. (7-2 life)
Turn 11: AI plays Swamp and attacks with Derelor; I chump with Mold Shambler, just in case AI has some trick, though I doubt it very much. AI casts Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Marsh Casualties, drain AI for 2 with Sorin for the win. 2-0 (wow, talk about epic fail; no question I should have lost that game)
Game 4
Jatill vs Shantak (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, Draconian Cylix, Necrite, 3x Swamp, Derelor, Thrull Retainer, Hymn to Tourach; kept.
Turn 1: Play swamp. AI plays swamp.
Turn 2: Draw/play Swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Swamp and Gatekeeper of Malakir. AI plays Forest.
Turn 3: Draw Necrite. Play Swamp, Necrite. AI plays Forest.
Turn 4: Draw/play Swamp, cast Derelor, attack for 2. AI plays Forest.
Turn 5: Draw Aeolipile, play Swamp. Cast Thrull Retainer on Derelor, cast Aeolipile, attack for 7. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 6: Draw Ebon Praetor. Attack for 7 and win; AI never cast a spell all game, despite never missing a land drop. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Mindstab Thrull, Derelor, 4x Swamp, Ring of Renewal, Hymn to Tourach.
Turn 1: AI plays Forest. Draw Elven Lyre, play swamp.
Turn 2: AI plays Forest. Draw/play Swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Disfigure and Heartstabber Mosquito.
Turn 3: AI passes. Draw Draconian Cylix, play Swamp, Mindstab Thrull.
Turn 4: AI passes. Draw Thrull Retainer, play Swamp. Attack with Mindstab Thrull and sacrifice it; AI discards Rampaging Baloths, Khalni Gem, Guul Draz Vampire. Cast Derelor.
Turn 5: AI passes. Draw Necrite, play swamp, Necrite, attack for 4.
Turn 6: AI plays Forest. Draw Aeolipile. Play Thrull Retainer on Derelor, cast Elven Lyre. Pump Derelor with the lyre and AI takes 11 from the attack.
Turn 7: AI plays Verdant Catacombs and casts Harrow, saccing the catacombs for Forest/swamp. Draw Soul Exchange. I could attack and just win, but it is 1000x funnier to play Aeolipile and kill AI with that. 2-0 (very unfortunate that the only spell shantak cast in two games was Harrow)
Result: jatill wins 2-0
Game 5
Shantak vs 240sxForever (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Scute Mob, 2x Forest, Misty Rainforest, Gatekeeper of Malakir, Swamp
Turn 1: Play Forest, Scute Mob. AI plays Mishra's Factory, Candelabra of Tawnos
Turn 2: Draw Forest, play Swamp, attack for 1. AI plays Urza's Power Plant, animates Mishra's and attacks for 2.
Turn 3: Draw Bloodghast, play/sac Misty Rainforest for Forest, attack for 1. AI plays Urza's Mine, Yotian Soldier
Turn 4: Draw Territorial Baloth, play Forest. AI plays Coral Helm and attacks for 1. (I hadn't realized Coral Helm was in antiquities; I thought it was in legends for some reason)
Turn 5: Draw Khalni Gem, play Forest, Territorial Baloth. AI plays/sacs Strip Mine, destroying a Forest (not my singleton swamp???) and passes. He did deny Scute mob from growing next turn, though.
Turn 6: Draw Hideous End. Play Khalni Gem, bouncing two forest, and replay one of them. (landfall) Cast Hideous End on Yotian Soldier (AI takes 2) then attack with Territorial Baloths and AI takes 6 due to the landfall. AI plays Mishra's Factory and passes.
Turn 7: Draw/play Forest. (landfall) Cast Bloodghast. Attack with 6/6 baloths for 6. AI plays Urza's Power Plant.
Turn 8: Draw Oracle of Mul Daya, play Forest, cast Oracle. (Heartstabber Mosquito revealed) Attack with the 6/6 baloths; AI takes the hit. AI plays Urza's Tower (has all 3 urza's now) but still passes afterward.
Turn 9: Scute Mob grows, draw Heartstabber Mosquito (topdeck is now Kalitas) Attack with everything; AI animates both Mishra's and blocks Scute mob and the Oracle, taking 6 damage; mishra's and oracle die. (11-2 life) AI plays Strip Mine and passes.
Turn 10: Scute mob grows, draw Kalitas, attack for 15; AI strip mines my swamp but has no other response. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Grazing Gladehart, 3x Swamp, Harrow, Verdant Catacombs.
Turn 1: AI plays Mishra's Factory, Feldon's Cane. Draw Bloodghast, play swamp.
Turn 2: AI plays/sacs Strip Mine on my swamp. Draw Gatekeeper of Malakir, play Swamp.
Turn 3: AI plays/sacs Strip Mine on my Swamp, sacs Feldon's Cane to shuffle both strip mines back into its deck (ARGH) and casts Candelabra of Tawnos, then uses it for 0. Draw Hideous End, play swamp.
Turn 4: AI plays Urza's Tower. Yay, I get to keep a land! AI also stupidly doesn't attack with mishra's. Draw Khalni Gem, play/sac Verdant Catacombs for Swamp, cast Bloodghast.
Turn 5: AI plays Urza's Tower, Onulet. Draw Disfigure, attack with Bloodghast; Onulet blocks to trade, and AI gains 2 life. I pass, saving the gatekeeper for later.
Turn 6: AI plays Urza's Mine and Mightstone, then taps candelabra for 0 again; why I have no idea. Draw/play Swamp, returning Bloodghast.
Turn 7: AI plays Urza's Tower and Su-Chi; I cast Hideous End on it EOT and AI takes 2. Draw/play/sac Misty Rainforest for Forest, cast Grazing Gladehart, attack for 3 with Bloodghast. Thanks, Mightstone!
Turn 8: AI passes. Draw Guul Draz Vampire. Play Khalni Gem, bouncing two swamps. Play swamp. (gain 2 life from Gladehart) Cast Harrow, saccing swamp for swamp/forest (gain another 4 life from gladehart) Cast Guul Draz Vampire, attack with Bloodghast and Glazing Gradehart. Mishra's animates and trades with the Gladehart, and AI takes 3 from bloodghast.
Turn 9: AI plays Urza's Tower (#4 :p) and Ornithopter. Draw/play Swamp, cast Gatekeeper of Malakir kicked, killing ornithopter. Attack for 5 thanks to Mightstone again.
Turn 10: AI passes. Draw/play Oran-Rief Recluse. (keep swamp in hand for bloodghast in case it dies) Attack for 8.
Turn 11: AI finally casts a (useful) spell, playing Clay Statue, then goofs off with its Candelabra again, untapping the land it tapped to pay the activation cost :p I just Disfigure the Clay Statue EOT :D Draw Marsh Casualties, attack for 10. (life totals 19-1)
Turn 12: AI plays Strip Mine and Triskelion, then throws ONE counter at the now 3/2 Guul Draz Vampire and PASSES. Draw Malakir Bloodwitch; I just cast that and end it by draining for 4. 2-0
Game 6
240sxForever vs Shantak (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep 2x Urza's Tower, Primal Clay, Mightstone, Yotian Soldier, Coral Helm, Strip Mine, Colossus of Sardia.
Turn 1: Play Urza's Tower. AI plays Forest.
Turn 2: Draw/play Urza's Power Plant. AI plays Misty Rainforest, Scute Mob, and sacs rainforest for Forest.
Turn 3: Draw Staff of Zegon. Play Urza's Tower, Yotian Soldier. AI plays Forest and Lotus Cobra.
Turn 4: Draw Onulet, play Strip Mine. Attack for 1 with the soldier, play Primal Clay as a 2/2 flyer. AI plays Swamp, Oracle of Mul Daya (revealing Hideous End, so I know it doesn't have that in hand) and then plays a second land from hand, Verdant Catacombs, and sacs that for another Swamp. (revealing swamp)
Turn 5: Draw/play Mishra's Factory. Cast Mightstone, sac Strip Mine to destroy a swamp. Attack with Yotian Soldier and Primal Clay; AI blocks soldier with the oracle and the cobra; I kill the oracle and lose my soldier, and the AI takes 3 from the flying clay. (30-9 life) AI plays Swamp, and an unkicked Gatekeeper of Malakir, then attacks me for 5.
Turn 6: Draw Feldon's Cane. No matter what I do, the Scute Mob is going to grow next turn, which is bad. However, since I'm way ahead on life, I can probably win in time. Play Onulet, Feldon's Cane, attack for 3 in the air. AI attacks with everything; I block Lotus Cobra with Onulet to trade, gaining 2 life, and take 9 damage from the rest.
Turn 7: Draw/play Urza's Mine. (I have all 3 now) AI has left a gaping hole in its defenses, though, and I animate Mishra's and swing with it and my clay for the win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Mishra's Factory, Urza's Power Plant, Su-Chi, Tetravus, Feldon's Cane, Yotian Soldier, 2x Urza's Mine.
Turn 1: AI plays forest. Draw Clockwork Avian, play Urza's Mine and Feldon's Cane.
Turn 2: AI plays/sacs Verdant Catacombs for swamp. (why didn't I play mishra's first last time? Hmm... I think it was because when I drew, I had 9 cards and it was the one hiding) Anyway, play Mishra's Factory now. (I could've done 2 damage with an attack now; hope that won't matter)
Turn 3: AI plays Forest and Oran-Rief Recluse. Draw/play Urza's Power Plant, and play Yotian Soldier.
Turn 4: AI plays Marsh Flats. Draw/play Mishra's Factory, cast Su-Chi. AI sacs Marsh Flats for Swamp EOT.
Turn 5: AI passes. Draw Dragon Engine, play Strip Mine and sac it to destroy a swamp, since AI has a lot of good 5 mana cards it might have in hand. Animate mishra's, pump to 3/3 with the other one, and attack with everything. AI blocks the soldier and takes 7 from the rest.
Turn 6: AI plays Scute Mob. Draw Coral Helm, play Urza's Mine. Cast Clockwork Avian and attack with soldier and suchi. Recluse blocks soldier and Scute Mob chumps Su-Chi.
Turn 7: AI passes. Draw/play Urza's Tower. Animate both Mishra's and attack with everything; recluse chumps avian and the rest score the win. 2-0
Result: 240sxforever wins 2-0
Game 7
aww vs Jatill (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, get Balance, Underground Sea, Demonic Tutor. Looks good.
Turn 1: Play Underground Sea. AI plays swamp.
Turn 2: Draw/play Badlands. I tutor for Black Lotus and cast Balance. (I'd almost taken Ancestral Recall, but the odds of AI getting a turn 2 Hymn to make me lose it were way too high) I sac Badlands and AI discards its hand (Zelyon Sword, Order of the Ebon Hand, 4x Swamp, Hymn to Tourach, Ring of Renewal) AI passes.
Turn 3: Draw Howling Mine. AI passes.
Turn 4: Draw/play Scrubland, cast Howling Mine. AI plays Swamp, Order of the Ebon Hand.
Turn 5: Draw Juggernaut + Timetwister. AI plays Swamp, pumps the Order, and swings for 3.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mox Ruby + Mox Emerald, cast Juggernaut. AI plays swamp and attacks with order; I don't block and AI pumps it once, so I take 3. (it kept the other BB open for some reason)
Turn 7: Draw Channel, draw/play Mox Sapphire. Juggernaut swings for 5. I could timetwister; not sure if it's the best play right now, but I'll do it anyway :p I get Serra Angel, Taiga, Volcanic Island, Disintegrate, Swords to Plowshares, Counterspell, Lightning Bolt. I play Taiga and bolt the Order, then discard Volcanic Island and Counterspell EOT. AI plays Swamp and Necrite, which I plow EOT.
Turn 8: Draw Plateau and Disenchant, play Plateau, cast Serra Angel, attack for 5 with the Jug. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 9: Draw Control Magic and draw/play Savannah, attack for 9. Cast Disintegrate for 7 on AI. AI plays Swamp and discards Ring of Renewal EOT; it's given up long ago.
Turn 10: Draw Regrowth and Wheel of Fortune, attack for 9 and win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Plateau, Black Lotus, Mox Pearl.
Turn 1: AI plays Swamp. Draw Serra Angel (!!!) play mox, lotus, plateau, sac lotus and cast Serra Angel.
Turn 2: AI plays Swamp, Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Mahamoti Djinn, attack for 4.
Turn 3: AI plays Swamp, Thrull Retainer on the order, pumps order, and swings for 4. Draw/play Bayou, attack for 4.
Turn 4: AI plays Swamp, Derelor, attacks with order for 3. Draw/play Black Vise, attack for 4.
Turn 5: AI plays Swamp, Draconian Cylix, pumps order once and attacks for 4. Draw Swords to Plowshares. Since AI is too stupid to attack with Derelor, I'll keep that in hand for now. Serra attacks for 4.
Turn 6: AI plays Swamp, Zelyon Sword, and attacks with the Order and Derelor this time. I plow Derelor and take 3 from the order; AI casts Mindstab Thrull postcombat. Draw Regrowth, attack with Serra for 4. Cast Regrowth on Black Lotus and play lotus, so that next turn I can cast Mahamoti.
Turn 7: AI pumps order to 4/2 and attacks me, then passes, not using its other mana. Draw Wrath of God, sac lotus and cast Mahamoti Djinn, attack for 4.
Turn 8: AI passes. Draw/play Mox Emerald, attack for 9. (12-1 life)
Turn 9: AI plays swamp, and attacks with the Order for 3. Then it plays another Order and pumps it postcombat, then passes with BBB left :p Draw Counterspell, swing for 9 and win. 2-0
Until the Timetwister resolved, AI didn't play too badly in game 1. A human would have done far better in game 2; on turn 5 it should've attacked with Derelor, and I'd have either taken 4 or traded my Serra. Turn 7 it could've pumped its order for more, or played any spells it was hoarding. Turn 8 it could've pumped its order to a 6/2 and either hit me with it or forced me to chump with Mahamoti (and have Thrull Retainer regenerate the order) With the Wrath of God in hand I could've killed its board, but things would have been MUCH closer had the AI played right. And it was STILL close even though I had a first turn Serra Angel.
Result: aww1979 wins 2-0
Game 8
Jatill vs Aww (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep 5x Swamp, Ebon Praetor, Order of the Ebon Hand, Mindstab Thrull. I'd have liked to have a Hymn, but as I saw last match, my deck has trouble with protection white, as plowshares and Serra Angel can do nothing to it.
Turn 1: Play Swamp. AI plays Badlands, Sol Ring.
Turn 2: Draw Aeolipile, play swamp, Order of the Ebon Hand. AI plays Scrubland.
Turn 3: Draw/play Swamp, cast Mindstab Thrull, attack for 2. AI plays Volcanic Island, Time Walk. AI plays Tundra and Control Magic on Order of the Ebon Hand on the bonus turn. It's hand is empty now.
Turn 4: Draw/play Swamp, play/sac Aeolipile to kill the stolen Order. Mindstab Thrull swings for 2, since AI has nothing in hand to discard. AI plays Black Lotus.
Turn 5: Draw Necrite, play Swamp and Necrite, attack for 2. AI plays Underground Sea.
Turn 6: Draw Thrull Retainer. Play Swamp, attack for 4, cast Ebon Praetor. (its sacrifices are optional, so I might just swing twice and let it die. For some reason Breeding Pit is not in this deck; that and Ebon Praetor was one of our first 'combos' when I started playing this game in about '95-96) AI passes.
Turn 7: I sac the Necrite to Ebon Praetor (now 6/5) Draw Hymn to Tourach, play Swamp and cast Hymn; AI discards Plateau from its hand. (should've played that... idiot :p) Cast Thrull Retainer on Ebon Praetor, swing for 9. AI passes.
Turn 8: Sac Mindstab Thrull to Ebon Praetor (8/6) Draw/play Derelor. Attack for 8. AI passes.
Turn 9: Praetor shrinks (6/4) Draw Mindstab Thrull, attack for 10 and win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Hymn to Tourach, Mindstab Thrull, Order of the Ebon Hand, 3x Swamp, Draconian Cylix, Necrite.
Turn 1: AI plays Tundra, Mox Emerald. Draw Ring of Renewal, play Swamp.
Turn 2: AI plays Taiga. Draw/play swamp. I could play the Order, or Hymn the AIs one card. I'll start with the Order.
Turn 3: AI plays Savannah and Juggernaut. Well, at least AI will have to suicide attack that. Draw Mindstab Thrull, play Swamp, and pass, so that I can make order a 3/1 first strike on the defense.
Turn 4: AI attacks with Juggernaut; Order kills it and lives thanks to the above plan. AI plays Howling Mine postcombat. Draw 2x Swamp, play one. Pump Order twice and swing for 4.
Turn 5: AI casts Timetwister, plays Badlands and Black Vise, then discards Black Lotus (!!!!!!) and Disenchant. (my new hand is Elven Lyre, Mindstab Thrull, Ring of Renewal, Order of the Ebon Hand, Thrull Champion, Hymn to Tourach, Derelor) Take 3 from Black Vise, draw Mindstab Thrull and swamp, play swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach. AI discards Ancestral Recall and Time Walk. HAHAHAHAHAHA. It could've used the lotus it threw away to cast those... Cast Mindstab thrull and attack for 2 with the order.
Turn 6: AI plays Plateau and Mox Sapphire, then Lightning Bolt on *me* instead of one of my creatures. Take 2 from Vise, draw Mindstab Thrull and Draconian Cylix. Cast Order of the Ebon Hand and Mindstab Thrull, attack for 4.
Turn 7: AI passes. Take 2 from Vise, draw/play Swamp and draw Necrite. Cast Thrull Champion and attack with everything. AI has two cards in hand, so I sac one Mindstab Thrull, and AI takes 7 from the rest, and discards Demonic Tutor and Serra Angel. LOL.
Turn 8: AI casts Juggernaut. Take 2 from Vise, draw Hymn to Tourach and Necrite. Cast Elven Lyre and attack with everything. AI as usual does not see Juggernaut as a blocker, so doesn't block with it; I sac Elven Lyre and pump an Order and take the AI to exactly 0 life. 2-0
Game 9
Aww vs 240sxForever (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Volcanic Island, Balance, Swords to Plowshares. My kingdom for a white land...
Turn 1: Play Volcanic Island. AI plays/sacs Strip Mine on my land. Crap.
Turn 2: Draw/play Mox Jet. AI plays Urza's Mine.
Turn 3: Draw Mahamoti Djinn. AI plays Urza's Mine, Feldon's Cane.
Turn 4: Draw Channel. Discard mahamoti EOT. AI plays Urza's Power Plant.
Turn 5: Draw Time Walk. Discard Channel EOT. AI plays Urza's Tower (uh oh) sacs Feldon's Cane, and casts Clockwork Avian and a 2/2 flying Primal Clay.
Turn 6: Draw Royal Assassin. Discard Time Walk EOT. AI plays Strip Mine and attacks for 6.
Turn 7: Draw/play Taiga. AI recharges Clockwork Avian during upkeep, plays/sacs Strip Mine to destroy its OWN Urza's Tower! Primal Clay attacks for 2.
Turn 8: Draw/play Mox Sapphire. AI plays Mishra's Factory and attacks for 6, then casts Onulet.
Turn 9: Draw Control Magic. Ouch; I don't know what to discard. I throw the Swords to Plowshares, since now any of a white/black/blue land draw will let me cast something. AI charges the Avian, plays Urza's Tower, attacks for 4 (no mishra's) and passes.
Turn 10: Draw/play Savannah. Play Balance and laugh! AI sacs all creatures, keeps Urza's Mine and Strip Mine for lands, and discards some urzalands from hand. AI stripmines my Savannah EOT. AI plays Mishra's Factory and passes.
Turn 11: Draw/play Mox Pearl. AI plays Urza's Power Plant and Dragon Engine.
Turn 12: Draw/cast Fireball for 3 on Dragon Engine. AI plays Mishra's Factory and passes, even though it could've attacked for 3.
Turn 13: Draw/play Juggernaut. AI passes.
Turn 14: Draw/play Badlands, cast Royal Assassin. Juggernaut attacks and AI takes the hit for 5. AI passes.
Turn 15: Draw/play Scrubland, swing with Juggernaut; AI takes the hit again. AI casts Battering Ram.
Turn 16: Draw/play Bayou, swing with Juggernaut. AI takes the hit once more, apparently refusing to admit the Mishra's could've killed it back on turn 14. AI locks up on its turn, so I load autosave. Unfortunately, the handicap cards trigger in the new game again, so I guess I have to replay it, as there is no clear winner. 0-0
Game 1b: Playing first, keep Counterspell, Mox Pearl, Balance.
Turn 1: Play Mox Pearl. AI plays Mishra's Factory.
Turn 2: Draw/play Taiga, cast Balance. AI discards 3 urzalands, Wall of Spears, Onulet, Battering Ram, and Tetravus. AI plays Urza's Tower and animates/swings with Mishra's for 2.
Turn 3: Draw/play Badlands. AI passes.
Turn 4: Draw/play Black Vise. AI passes.
Turn 5: Draw/play Plateau. AI passes.
Turn 6: Draw Fireball. AI plays Strip Mine and Coral Helm. (the new sideboard against Black Vise? hehe)
Turn 7: Draw/play Savannah. AI plays Urza's Power Plant, Strip Mines my Badlands, and passes.
Turn 8: Draw/play Howling Mine. AI plays Urza's Mine.
Turn 9: Draw Scrubland/Serra Angel, play scrubland and Serra. AI plays Urza's Tower.
Turn 10: Draw Underground Sea and Channel. Game, set, match. Attack for 4 and Channel/Fireball AI for the rest. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Ancestral Recall, Time Walk, Plateau. My kingdom for a blue mana, this time...
Turn 1: AI passes. Not even a land. Draw/play Mox Emerald, play Plateau.
Turn 2: AI plays Urza's Tower. Draw Lightning Bolt.
Turn 3: AI plays Urza's Power Plant. Draw Balance. Bolt the AI so I don't have to discard something.
Turn 4: AI plays Urza's Power Plant, Onulet. Draw Savannah. Play Balance first; AI keeps Power plant on the table and discards Coral helm, Clockwork Avian, Colossus of Sardia, and Urza's Mine. (AI gains 2 life saccing Onulet) Then I play Savannah.
Turn 5: AI plays Mishra's Factory. Draw/play Volcanic Island, Ancestral Recall for Wheel of Fortune, Badlands, Disenchant. Discard Badlands EOT.
Turn 6: AI passes. Draw/play Scrubland. Cast Time Walk and Wheel of Fortune; AI discards Su-Chi, Rocket Launcher, Candelabra of Tawnos, Yotian Soldier, and I draw Mox Pearl/Sapphire/Jet, Timetwister, Howling Mine, Channel, Wrath of God. Play all moxes and Howling Mine. On my extra turn, draw Bayou and Tropical Island; play Tropical Island. Cast Channel and then Timetwister, hoping for X-damage. I don't get one; my hand is Swords to Plowshares, Terror, Serra Angel, Mox Ruby, Tundra, Underground Sea, Regrowth. Play mox, cast Serra Angel (paying 3 from channel) cast Regrowth on Timetwister, cast Timetwister, paying 2 from channel and get Terror, Taiga, Channel, Juggernaut, Balance, Regrowth, Tundra. Pay 4 life to cast Juggernaut. Discard Terror, Taiga, Tundra EOT.
Turn 7: AI plays Urza's Tower, Wall of Spears. Draw Bayou and Disintegrate. Play Bayou, attack for 9 (life totals 21-20 now) and Channel/Disintegrate to end it. 2-0
Result: aww1979 wins 2-0
Game 10
240sxForever vs Aww (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep a mana-heavy hand of Urza's Tower, Mishra's Factory, Rocket Launcher, 2x Urza's Mine, 2x Urza's Powerplant, Strip Mine.
Turn 1: Play Mishra's Factory. AI plays Badlands, Sol Ring.
Turn 2: Draw Onulet, play/sac Strip Mine on Badlands. AI plays Scrubland.
Turn 3: Draw Coral Helm, play Urza's Tower, animate and attack with Mishra's for 2. AI passes.
Turn 4: Draw Battering Ram. Play Urza's Powerplant, attack for 2 with Mishra's. AI plays Tundra, Balance. Crap... sac Powerplant, discard my hand except for Urza's Mine and Urza's Powerplant.
Turn 5: Draw Shapeshifter, play powerplant, attack for 2 with mishra's. AI plays Mox Pearl.
Turn 6: Draw Mishra's Factory. Play Urza's Mine. (all 3 in play now) Cast Shapeshifter as a 3/4 (to survive bolt and be at max power in case of plowshares) then animate/attack with Mishra's for 2. AI plows Shapeshifter EOT. AI plays Volcanic Island.
Turn 7: Draw Primal Clay, play Mishra's, cast Primal Clay as a 3/3, animate/attack/pump Mishra's for 3. AI passes.
Turn 8: Draw/play Clay Statue, animate both Mishra's, swing for 7. AI passes.
Turn 9: Draw/play Mishra's. Animate two mishra's, pump one, attack with everything for 11. (life 33-1) AI passes, discarding Demonic Tutor EOT, which it could've cast.
Turn 10: Draw Tetravus, animate all 3 mishra's and swing for 12. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Staff of Zegon, 2x Urza's Mine, Onulet, Ornithopter, Urza's Tower, Tetravus, Feldon's Cane.
Turn 1: AI plays Scrubland, Black Lotus. Draw/play Urza's Mine, cast Ornithopter, Feldon's Cane.
Turn 2: AI plays Taiga. Draw Rocket Launcher, play Urza's Tower.
Turn 3: AI passes. Draw/play Mishra's Factory, cast Onulet.
Turn 4: AI passes. Draw/play Urza's Tower, animate Mishra's and attack for 4.
Turn 5: AI plays Volcanic Island. Draw/play Mishra's, animate/pump Mishra's and attack for 5.
Turn 6: AI sacs Black Lotus and casts Disintegrate on Onulet for 5. Draw/play Strip Mine, cast Tetravus.
Turn 7: AI casts Regrowth on Disintegrate. EOT it discards... Disintegrate. Draw/play Mishra's Factory, animate two Mishra's, pump one, attack for 9.
Turn 8: AI casts Lightning Bolt on Ornithopter. OH NO!!!! Draw Battering Ram, play Urza's Mine, animate all mishra's and swing for 10. Sac Strip Mine to destroy Scrubland (preventing Balance and Demonic Tutor)
Turn 9: AI plays Badlands. Draw Primal Clay, animate all mishras and attack for 10 for the win. 2-0
Result: 240sxForever wins 2-0
Game 11
Jatill vs 240sxForever (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep 4x Swamp, 2x Order of the Ebon Hand, 2x Hymn to Tourach.
Turn 1: Play swamp. AI plays Urza's Power Plant, Candelabra of Tawnos.
Turn 2: Draw/play Swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Mishra's Factory and Wall of Spears. AI plays Urza's Tower.
Turn 3: Draw/play Swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Urza's Power Plant and Su-Chi. AI casts Battering Ram.
Turn 4: Draw Order of the Ebon Hand, play Swamp and two Orders. AI attacks with Battering Ram; I take the hit for 1.
Turn 5: Draw/play Swamp, pump orders twice and swing for 6. Battering Ram hits me for 1.
Turn 6: Draw Necrite, play swamp, pump orders 3 times and swing for 7. AI plays Urza's Mine (all 3 now) and Tawnos's Coffin, then attacks for 1. (AI tapped tower/mine to play it so only has 2 mana available)
Turn 7: Draw/play Swamp, pump orders and swing for 7. AI Coffins an Order and swings for 1.
Turn 8: Draw Derelor, play swamp, swing with order and pump 4 times, hitting for 6. (26-4 life) AI untaps coffin, plays Urza's Tower, coffins an order again, and swings for 1, then casts a 2/2 flying Primal Clay.
Turn 9: Draw Soul Exchange. Attack with Order. AI is too stupid to chump, and I pump Order for the win. 1-0 (just a note on my play style, I usually prefer to attack and pump the orders rather than commit a bunch of them all at once. Against the antiquities deck it's maybe not the best way to do it, but there is still the possibility of something like Rocket Launcher wtfpwning them all)
Game2: Drawing first, keep 3x Swamp, 2x Hymn to Tourach, Zelyon Sword, Aeolipile, Draconian Cylix.
Turn 1: AI passes, not even dropping a land. Draw Thrull Retainer, play swamp.
Turn 2: AI plays Strip Mine, and destroys my swamp. Draw/play Swamp.
Turn 3: AI plays Strip Mine, and destroys my Swamp. Draw/play Swamp.
Turn 4: (I swear, if Ai pulls a strip mine...) AI plays Urza's Power Plant. Draw Order of the Ebon Hand, play Swamp, Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Battering Ram and Urza's Tower.
Turn 5: AI plays Urza's Mine. Draw/play Swamp, cast Hymn to Tourach; AI discards Shapeshifter and Mishra's Factory.
Turn 6: AI plays Strip Mine. (I'm beginning to see why people hated me back when Strip Mine was unrestricted; I'd put 4 in ALL my decks :P) Draw Mindstab Thrull, play Swamp. A few different plays here, but I go for Order of the Ebon Hand and Aeolipile. AI stripmines a swamp EOT.
Turn 7: AI plays Urza's Mine and Onulet. Draw/play Swamp. Cast Thrull Retainer on Order and attack; AI takes 3. Cast Mindstab Thrull, to deter Onulet from attacking, and eyeing AI's hand of 3 cards. (looks better in this case to me than just pumping order once)
Turn 8: AI plays... you guessed it, the 4th Strip Mine and sacs to destroy a swamp. Draw Ebon Praetor. Sac Aeolipile to destroy Onulet (AI gains 2 life) and attack with order and mindstab thrull. Pump order once and sac the thrull; AI discards Tawnos's Coffin, Mishra's Factory, Triskelion, and takes 4.
Turn 9: AI plays Yotian Soldier. Draw Derelor, attack with Order. AI blocks, so I pump and kill the soldier.
Turn 10: AI plays Urza's Power Plant. Draw/play Swamp, cast Derelor, attack for 3.
Turn 11: AI casts Primal Clay as a 2/2 flyer. (I'd have picked the wall that time...) Draw Hymn to Tourach, attack with order and derelor. When AI doesn't block, I pump order twice and AI takes 9.
Turn 12: AI swings for 2 and passes. Draw Hymn to Tourach. Pump order twice and swing for 9.
Turn 13: AI swings for 2. The game locks up at this point, but with life totals 26-4, the AI would need two answers to even survive a single attack, and has only two cards in hand, one of which it didn't play last turn, so I think jatill wins this game. 2-0
Game 12
240sxForever vs Jatill (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Feldon's Cane, Strip Mine, Candelabra of Tawnos, 3x Urza's Power Plant, Tawnos's Coffin, Battering Ram.
Turn 1: Play Powerplant, Feldon's Cane. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 2: Draw Staff of Zegon. Play/sac strip mine on swamp, play Candelabra of Tawnos. AI plays swamp.
Turn 3: Draw/play Urza's Mine, cast Battering Ram. AI plays Swamp, Order of the Ebon Hand.
Turn 4: Draw Clockwork Avian, play powerplant, attack with Battering Ram; AI takes 1. AI plays swamp, Thrull Retainer on order and pumps order and attacks for 4.
Turn 5: Draw/play Strip Mine, cast Tawnos's Coffin, attack for 1. AI plays Swamp, attacks for 3, and casts Mindstab Thrull.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mishra's Factory, cast Clockwork Avian. AI plays swamp.
Turn 7: Draw Rocket Launcher. Play Urza's Power Plant, cast Rocket Launcher. I could attack with the avian, but I keep it for defense this turn. I could've also coffined something instead of playing the launcher, but I want it in play so I can use it soon. AI plays swamp.
Turn 8: Draw/play Mishra's Factory. Cast Staff of Zegon, attack with avian for 4. (I'm not worried abut the mindstab thrull anymore, as I no longer have a hand to protect) AI attacks with order and thrull. I animate Mishra's and block the thrull, and make it a 3/3, and chump the order with the useless Battering Ram.
Turn 9: Draw/play Urza's Mine. Animate both Mishra's and attack for 7. AI plays Swamp and attacks with the Order; I use Tawnos's Coffin on it. AI casts Necrite.
Turn 10: Draw/play Urza's Tower. Now I have a *lot* of mana :p Animate one mishra's attack with it and the avian. Necrite blocks mishra's, so I pump it with the other one and kill it, and AI takes 2 from avian. AI passes.
Turn 11: Draw/play Urza's Tower. Tap all mana, use candelabra to untap all urzalands, tap all mana again, put all mana into Rocket Launcher to deal 14 damage to the AIs face, then attack with the 1/4 avian for the win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Shapeshifter, Onulet, 3x Urza's Tower, Clockwork Avian, Colossus of Sardia.
Turn 1: AI plays Swamp. Draw/play Mishra's Factory.
Turn 2: AI plays Swamp and Hymn to Tourach; I lose Onulet and Colossus. Draw/play Urza's Mine, aniamte mishra's and hit for 2.
Turn 3: AI plays swamp and Necrite. Draw Coral Helm, play Urza's Tower and pass.
Turn 4: AI plays Swamp, and Necrite attacks. Mishra's blocks and pumps itself to kill it. AI casts Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Feldon's Cane. Play Urza's Tower. Cast Coral Helm and Feldon's Cane (since Order can pump and I can't do that same trick to it)
Turn 5: AI plays Swamp, Necrite, and attacks for 2, then plays another Order of the Ebon Hand. Draw Wall of Spears. Haha, never thought I'd be glad to see that. Play Urza's Tower, cast Wall of Spears. (instead of the avian, so that I have mishra's ready as well)
Turn 6: AI plays Swamp, Ebon Praetor. Draw/play Urza's Tower. Cast Shapeshifter, making it a 0/7, so I can stop the praetor. (1/6 wouldn't stop it if it sacced the thrull)
Turn 7: AI sacs Necrite to Praetor (6/5) and casts Thrull Champion. Draw Su-Chi, play Tetravus.
Turn 8: AI sacs Thrull Champion to praetor (7/5) I chump with wall of spears before I realize it has trample anyway, and take 4 damage. Draw/play Rocket Launcher and pass.
Turn 9: AI doesn't sac to praetor and passes. (5/3) Draw Battering Ram. Cast Su-Chi and Battering Ram, and attack for 4 with Tetravus.
Turn 10: Praetor shrinks (3/1) and AI plays swamp. Draw/play Urza's Mine, cast Clockwork Avian. Tetravus swings for 4.
Turn 11: Ebon Praetor dies, AI casts Mindstab Thrull. Make Shapeshifter a 4/3, draw/play Urza's Power Plant. Woo, all 3 urzas; that's game. Blow away AIs entire army with Rocket Launcher and deal 5 damage to him, then attack for 17 for the win. 2-0
Result: 240sxforever wins 2-0
Last edited by aww1979 on 08 Jan 2011, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.
aww1979
Tester

Postby monopoman » 08 Jan 2011, 02:09

Round 1

Group A

Aww
Jatill
240sxForever

Shantak vs Aww Shantak wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Pretty easy win here the AI does nothing but slow me down a bit. Game 2, Ob wins this game by himself pretty much.

Aww vs Shantak Aww wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Mulligan to 1 to get a lotus but still win the game thanks to insane card advantage. Game 2, Barely pull this one out because I top decked land for 5 turns in a row wheel turned into a time walk which then allowed me to burn the AI out at 3 life.

Shantak vs Jatill Shantak wins 2-1 | Open
Game 1, Pretty easy win the AI barely puts up a fight. Game 2, Mana screw+Hymn easily makes me lose this game. Game 3, Scute mob goes all the way basically.

Jatill vs Shantak Jatill wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, I just slowly beat the AI down. Game 2, Similar to Game 1 but this time the Hymns help stifle the opponent first.

Shantak vs 240sxForever Shantak wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Takes a while but the Vampire army eventually wins the day. Game 2, Similar to game 1 but a bit quicker this time.

240sxForever vs Shantak 240sxForever wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, AI barely puts up a fight and my arti army wins the day. Game 2, Similar to the first game but the AI does put up a better fight.

aww vs Jatill Aww wins 2-1 | Open
Game 1, AI gets a ridiculous start and I am mana screwed. Game 2, Much more lopsided game thanks to a decent hand. game 3, Another fairly lopsided game I easily beat the AI down.

Jatill vs Aww Jatill wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, The AI draws it out for a while but with hymns to help I overwhelm it. Game 2, This is an even easier win as the AI barely does anything at all.

Aww vs 240sxForever Aww wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, I just delay the game for a while and black vise does the dirty work. Game 2, Much closer game but I pull it out at 5 life thanks to Mahamoti.

240sxForever vs Aww 240sxForever wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, AI Puts up a decent fight but mishras factories just keep beating down. Game 2, Similar to game 1 but this time Rocket Launcher goes the distance.

Jatill vs 240sxForever Jatill wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Thrull army can not be stopped period. Game 2, A fairly easy beating once again this time the Praeator goes unanswered and ends the game.

240sxForever vs Jatill 240sxForever wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Colossus helps win the day here easily. Game 2, Extremely one sided affair take 0 points of damage.

Group B

Aswan Jaguar
Monopoman
Juzamjedi

Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar Salbei wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Baneslayer Angel finishes this game by herself. Game 2, Even easier game since Baneslayer gets some help from Ajani and Inferno Titan.

Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei Aswan loses 0-2 | Open
Game 1, I get wrecked bad thanks to color screw and the fact that the AI gets out a Serra Ascendant as a 6/6 early. Game 2, Another loss I really can not do a thing to stop the assault of big fatties.

Salbei vs Monopoman Salbei wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Quick game thanks to 12 life and the power of Serra Ascendant. Game 2, More ridiculousness of turn 1 Serra Ascendant.

Monopoman vs Salbei Monopoman wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, This time I don't face a turn 1 Ascendant so I am able to control the game fairly well and win. Game 2, Another game where I avoid the whole 1st turn Ascendant then just counter the major threats and bribery a Sun Titan for the easy GG.

Salbei vs juzamjedi Salbei wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Pretty easy win Planeswalkers+Fatties = GG. Game 2, Similar to game 1 but this time I don't get any planeswalkers.

juzamjedi vs Salbei Juzam wins 2-1 | Open
Game 1, I get absolutely crushed by the beaters the AI lays down. Game 2, I pull this one off fairly easy don't see many threats from the opponent. Game 3, This game is another fairly easy victory the AI does not bother to play much threats.

Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman Aswan wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Pretty easy victory I pull it out without much problem. Game 2, Another fairly easy win thanks to some decent draws.

Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar Monopoman wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Worship helps seal the victory. Game 2, Similar to game 1.

Aswan Jaguar vs juzamjedi Aswan wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Pull this one out barely thanks to the ridiculousness of Umezawa left unchecked. Game 2, Closer game thanks to Bolas coming down and slowing me down but I pull out the win.

juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar Juzam wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Bolas wins the day in the end. Game 2, This game a pumped up Zephyr Falcon does the dirty work all game long.

Monopoman vs juzamjedi Monopoman wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, I top deck Worship like a pro right when it was most needed. Game 2, Once again worship comes down and then I just stall the game till I can win with one swing.

juzamjedi vs Monopoman Juzam wins 2-0 | Open
Game 1, Gets fairly close but thanks to the AI making some bad blocks/attacks I win. Game 2, Easy victory this time the AI can not do much to stop me.
Last edited by monopoman on 17 Jan 2011, 19:41, edited 8 times in total.
monopoman

Postby aww1979 » 08 Jan 2011, 22:26

Group B (FINISHED) (12 matches)

Points | Open
Salbei = 2+1+2 = 5 pts
Aswan Jaguar = 2+2+2 = 6 pts
Monopoman = 2+2+2 = 6 pts
Juzamjedi = 2+2+1 = 5 pts

Game 1
Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep 2x Plains, Chandra Nalaar, 2x Mountain. Mana-heavy, but mulling at 5 isn't pretty, and salbei has many expensive spells, so I think this is good, and keep.
Turn 1: Play Mountain. AI plays Swamp, Stone-Throwing Devils.
Turn 2: Draw/play Plains. AI plays Swamp, attacks for 1, and Cuombajj Witches.
Turn 3: Draw/play Plains. AI plays Swamp, attacks for 2, and Erg Raiders. Wow, AI sure had a nice hand.
Turn 4: Draw Vengeful Archon, play Mountain. AI attacks for 4 and plays Khabal Ghoul. Damn... AI is screwed in blue/green but everything its got has been black.
Turn 5: Draw/play Mountain, play Chandra Nalaar and use 1 loyalty to kill Khabal Ghoul. (Chandra will survive an attack and be able to kill the Devils, plus if I'd killed something else, the ghoul would have grown and/or chandra would die on an attack) AI attacks Chandra for 4.
Turn 6: Draw Ember Hauler, play Plains and Ember Hauler. If I zap the AI with chandra, an attack will result in either losing chandra anyway or losing my goblin, so I'll use the last loyalty to kill the devils. AI attacks with Erg Raiders for 2; I take the hit.
Turn 7: Draw/play Mountain, cast Vengeful Archon. Now it's on! EOT AI uses witches to do 1 damage to me; I do 1 back to AI. AI attacks with Erg Raiders, and Vengeful Archon blocks and kicks its ass.
Turn 8: Draw Sun Titan :D Play plains, attack with Vengeful Archon and Ember Hauler. Cuombajj Witches blocks Ember Hauler and the archon hits for 7. Sac Ember Hauler to finish off the witches, then cast Sun Titan and bring back Ember Hauler. AI plays Island and Juzam Djinn.
Turn 9: Draw/play Plains. Sac Ember Hauler to hit AI for 2. Attack with Vengeful Archon and Sun Titan, returning the poor Ember Hauler to play; AI takes 13 more damage. AI takes another 1 damage from its Juzam, plays Island and Ring of Ma'Ruf.
Turn 10: Draw/play Magma Phoenix. Sac Ember Hauler to deal 2 to AI, attack with titan and archon, and resurrect the hauler. Juzam chumps Titan but it's not enough; I win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, get Magma Phoenix, Baneslayer Angel, 2x Plains, Inferno Titan. That's probably about average, so I keep, but I'd love to draw some lands, obviously.
Turn 1: AI plays Forest, Ghazban Ogre. Crap. Draw Fireball, play Plains.
Turn 2: AI plays Forest and swings for 2. Draw Cyclops Gladiator (never seen that card before) and play Plains.
Turn 3: AI plays Island and swings for 2, then plays Serendib Efreet. This is bad. Draw/play Plains, the best draw I could've had besides Mountain.
Turn 4: AI takes 1 from Efreet, swings for 5. Draw/play Plains. One more please...
Turn 5: AI takes 1 from Efreet, plays Swamp, swings for 5, and plays Khabal Ghoul. Draw Platinum Angel and pass, discarding Magma Phoenix EOT, since it can be recovered later, if I live...
Turn 6: AI takes 1 from Efreet, plays Swamp, swings for 6, and casts Hasran Ogress. Draw/play Mountain! YES! Cast Baneslayer Angel and pray that AI does not hold Oubliette...
Turn 7: AI takes 1 from Efreet, plays Desert and Ring of Ma'Ruf. Draw/play Mountain. NICE. Cast Inferno Titan and kill Khabal Ghoul and Hasran Ogress. Attack with Baneslayer for 5.
Turn 8: AI takes 1 from efreet and uses Ring of Ma'Ruf to draw, then attacks for 3 with the efreet. Draw/play Mountain, attack with baneslayer and titan, dealing 3 damage to AI and 11 more when he foolishly declines to block. Fireball AI for 6 for the win. 2-0
Result: salbei wins 2-0
Game 2
Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Flying Men, 2x Island, Ifh-Biff Efreet, Cuombajj Witches, Swamp, Unstable Mutation. I like.
Turn 1: Play Island, Flying Men. AI plays plains and Serra Ascendant. AI has 30 life, and it's a 6/6 flying lifelink. I'm fucked :p
Turn 2: Draw Erhnam Djinn, play Swamp. AI plays Mountain and swings for 6; I take the hit.
Turn 3: Draw/play Forest, cast Unstable Mutation on Flying Men and swing for 4. AI plays plains, swings for 6, and passes. (life 18-38)
Turn 4: Flying men shrink, draw Bottle of Suleiman. Play Ernham Djinn, swing for 3. AI swings for 6.
Turn 5: Flying men shrink, Serra Ascendant forestwalks, draw Hasran Ogress, cast Bottle of Suleiman, attack for 6. AI attacks for 6 and discards Baneslayer Angel EOT, just to mock me, I'm sure.
Turn 6: Flying men shrink, Serra Ascendant forestwalks, draw Nafs Asp. I'm dead unless AI screws up. Cast Nafs Asp, swing for 4 with Erhnam, and keep Flying Men back. (maybe AI will destroy my forest somehow? :p) AI plays Plains and attacks; I cannot block and I'm dead. 0-1 (Serra Ascendant is h4x when starting at 30 :p)
Game2: Playing first, keep Desert, Swamp, Cuombajj Witches, City of Brass, Forest, Ghazban Ogre, Ernham Djinn. Assuming AI doesn't start out like last time, this looks very good.
Turn 1: Play Forest, Ghazban Ogre. AI plays Plains.
Turn 2: Draw/play Swamp, attack for 2. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 3: Draw/play swamp, cast Cuombajj Witches, attack for 2. AI plays Plains.
Turn 4: Draw swamp, play Desert, cast Erhnam Djinn, attack for 3. AI plays Mountain and Juggernaut.
Turn 5: Juggernaut gets forestwalk, draw/play Island. Exploit the fact AI never blocks with Juggernaut and attack with everything for 7; AI doesn't block. AI plays Terramorphic Expanse, attacks for 5, and sacs TE for Plains.
Turn 6: Draw Unstable Mutation, play swamp and play Unstable Mutation on Ghazban Ogre, then swing for 10. AI plays Mountain, swings for 5, and casts Sun Titan, bringing back Terramorphic Expanse.
Turn 7: Juggernaut forestwalks, Ogre shrinks, draw Flying Men, play Swamp and Flying Men, attack with everything. Sun Titan blocks and kills erhnam and the rest hit for 5. AI sacs TE for Plains. (life total 20-1) AI attacks with everything, recovering TE. Flying Men chump Sun Titan and I take 5 from juggernaut. AI sacs TE for Plains and casts Cyclops Gladiator.
Turn 8: Ogre shrinks, draw Serendib Djinn. Cuombajj Witches tap and do 1 damage to AI for the win! (and I take 1) What a terrible way to die... 1-1
Game3: Drawing first, keep Serendib Efreet, Desert Twister, 3x Island, Swamp, Juzam Djinn.
Turn 1: AI plays Mountain. Draw Hasran Ogress, play Swamp.
Turn 2: AI plays Mountain. Draw Flying Men, play Island and Flying Men.
Turn 3: AI plays Plains. Draw/play Swamp, attack for 1, cast Serendib Efreet.
Turn 4: AI plays Plains. Take 1 from efreet, draw Unstable Mutation, play Island, cast it on Serendib Efreet, cast Hasran Ogress, attack for 7.
Turn 5: AI plays Mountain and Serra Angel. Take 1 from efreet/efreet shrinks, draw Ghazban Ogre, play Island, Juzam Djinn. Attack with Serendib Efreet for 5; AI takes the hit.
Turn 6: AI attacks with Serra Angel; I chump with Flying Men. AI casts Hoarding Dragon. (doesn't reveal the artifact) Take 2 from creatures, serendib shrinks, draw/play Island. Attack with 4/5 efreet and Juzam; AI blocks juzam with both its creatures, and I kill serra angel, losing Juzam, and AI takes 4 from the efreet. (26-13 life)
Turn 7: AI attacks with Hoarding Dragon for 4, then casts Serra Ascendant, thankfully a 1/1 this time. Efreet does 1 damage to me and shrinks, draw/play Ring of Ma'Ruf. Attack with both creatures; I take 3 from the ogress. AI casts Condemn on the efreet, giving me 4 life, and takes 3 from the Ogress. (22-10 life)
Turn 8: AI attacks for 5 and casts Magma Phoenix. I activate Ring of Ma'Ruf on my draw. Now, I'm not sure what was intended here (I thought this card was banned) but it seems fairest that I only be allowed to take an arabian nights card that is either not in the deck already or is removed from the game. Looking at the Gatherer list for arabian nights in my colours, I see two cards that would work well in my situation and fit those criteria: Dancing Scimitar and Island of Wak-Wak. The land is far harder to deal with and I can use it now, while the scimitar will not be castable until I untap next turn, so I take the island of WAKWAK!!! Play Island of Wak-Wak and pass.
Turn 9: AI plays Plains and attacks with dragon and phoenix. I go WAKWAK on the dragon and take 3 from the phoenix. Draw/play Forest. I could cast Ghazban Ogre, but life totals are 14-11. Attack with Ogress, paying 2 mana. AI takes the hit, and it's 14-8. Without more cards, I'm willing to risk the Ogre, so I cast it.
Turn 10: AI attacks with dragon and phoenix. WAKWAKWAK on the dragon, and take 3 from phoenix. Draw/play Forest (exactly what I was hoping for!) Desert Twister the Hoarding Dragon and attack for 5, paying the ogress mana. Serra Ascendant chumps the ogress (AI gains 1) and takes 2 from ogre. Life totals 11-7. The AI has an artifact in hand now from the dragon dying. (either Juggernaut, Platinum Angel, or Brittle Effigy)
Turn 11: AI plays Mountain and phoenix attacks; WAKWAKWAK, and I take 0. AI passes, leaving me to wonder which artifact it was, because it could (and really needs!) any one of them. Draw/play Stone-Throwing Devils, attack for 5, paying mana for ogress.
Turn 12: AI attacks and I go WAK again. (I love the flavour on that card!) AI casts Platinum Angel. Ugh. Draw/play Swamp. If that were any other creature, a suicide attack would get through to kill the AI, but the Angel will keep it alive. I need Oubliette. I pass.
Turn 13: AI attacks with both creatures; Angel goes WAK and I take 3 from phoenix. Draw/play Serendib Djinn. That works to keep me alive for quite some time. Or at least it would if the game didn't fucking LOCK UP when I play it... DAMMIT that was the closest game all tournament for me; that really pisses me off. 1-1 still. (can't use autosave because it re-triggers the handicap)
Game 3b: Playing first, keep 2x Forest, Hasran Ogress, City of Brass, Swamp, Cyclone, Erhnam Djinn.
Turn 1: Play Swamp. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 2: Draw Oubliette. Play City of Brass, take 1 from it and play Hasran Ogress. AI plays Mountain and Ember Hauler.
Turn 3: Draw/play Stone-Throwing Devils, play Forest, attack with Ogress and pay 2 mana, tapping city to do it and taking 1. AI blocks with Ember Hauler and it trades with the ogress. AI plays Plains.
Turn 4: Draw Unstable Mutation. Play Forest, Erhnam Djinn, attack for 1. AI plays Plains and Juggernaut.
Turn 5: Forestwalk Juggy, draw Serendib Djinn. Take 1 damage from City and cast Unstable Mutation on Erhnam Djinn. Attack with the devils and the erhnam for 8, abusing the no-block bug on Juggernaut and AI takes 1. AI plays Terramorphic Expanse for Plains, and attacks with juggernaut for 5 (forestwalk means I couldn't keep ernham for defense)
Turn 6: Erhnam shrinks, draw/play Island, take 1 from city to cast Serendib Djinn, attack for 7. (20-14 life) AI casts Baneslayer Angel and attacks for 5 with Juggernaut.
Turn 7: Forestwalk Baneslayer Angel, sac Forest to Serendib Djinn, Erhnam Djinn shrinks, draw Khabal Ghoul. Take 1 from city to cast Oubliette on Baneslayer Angel and attack for 11. (14-3 life) AI plays Mountain and attacks with Juggy for 5. AI casts Inferno Titan, killing Stone-Throwing Devils, and dealing 2 damage to me. (life 7-3)
Turn 8: Erhnam shrinks and forestwalks the titan; sac Forest to Serendib Djinn. Draw Serendib Efreet, attack with Serendib Djinn for the win. 2-1 [Another very close game. In game 1, if I hadn't played Erhnam Djinn, I could've stalled for 2 turns by chumping with flyers, but unless my next two draws were swamp and Oubliette (or more chumping and then that) I was still doomed. Game 2 would've been closer if AI knew to block with Juggernaut. Game 3 was up in the air; I really wish it had played out. Serendib Djinn could hold off that army for a long time, and I had a lot of lands; if I'd gotten Oubliette or Desert Twister for Platinum Angel in that time, it would've been game; but otherwise, I'd have lost. AI also missed playing that angel until one turn after it got it, so I should've lost another 4 life in the attack, but either way, I'd have been stable for a few turns. Game 3b was close too, but I don't think AI made any mistakes that I could see]
Result: Aswan Jaguar wins 2-1
Game 3
Salbei vs Monopoman (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, my opening hand is Hoarding Dragon, Mountain, Chandra Nalaar, Serra Angel, and Serra Ascendant. If the ascendant weren't there, I'd almost certainly mulligan, but I have to consider the possibility that I might get white land before taking any damage. Monopoman has several weenies in his deck, and is on the draw, so it is risky. However, mulliganing down to 4 cards is also quite risky. I'll keep the hand and hope.
Turn 1: Play Mountain. AI plays Coastal Tower.
Turn 2: Draw Magma Phoenix. AI plays Island and Angelic Page.
Turn 3: Draw..... mountain. I hate basic lands... Play mountain and pass :( AI plays Plains, Glorious Anthem, and attacks for 2.
Turn 4: Draw/play Mountain. AI plays plains, attacks for 2, and then plays Suntail Hawk and Master Decoy. Ugh.
Turn 5: Draw Sun Titan. Discard Sun Titan EOT. AI plays Island, attacks for 6, and casts Diving Griffin.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mountain. Well, one more of those and I can start casting, whether its white or not. AI plays Island, attacks for 9, and casts Aven Fisher.
Turn 7: Draw/play Plains. I can cast either Chandra Nalaar, Magma Phoenix, Hoarding Dragon, or Serra Ascendant. (serra angel is still unplayable) Given the choices, I go with Hoarding Dragon, and have it choose the artifact I least want to see, which in this situation is Juggernaut. AI uses Master Decoy to tap the Dragon, attacks for 10, and casts Angel of Mercy. Mercy...
Turn 8: Draw Ajani Goldmane. Well, maybe AI will misplay... I cast Chandra Nalaar, kill Diving Griffin with it, and pass. AI attacks me with everything and I'm dead. 0-1
Game2: Playing first, my hand is almost the same as before, with one crucial difference. I have Vengeful Archon, Mountain, Serra Ascendant, Baneslayer Angel, and Terramorphic Expanse. Keep!
Turn 1: Play Terramorphic Expanse. AI plays Coastal Tower. EOT sac TE for Plains. For some inexplicable reason, the plains goes into my hand instead of into play.
Turn 2: Draw Mountain. Play the plains that should've already been in play, cast Serra Ascendant. It's a 6/6 flying and can win in 2 more turns unopposed. AI plays Plains and Master Decoy.
Turn 3: Draw Juggernaut, play Mountain, attack for 6. AI plays Island and foolishly attacks with Master Decoy for 1, then casts Suntail Hawk.
Turn 4: Draw/play Plains. Attack with Serra Ascendant; the hawk chumps. AI plays Island, attacks for 1, and casts Aven Fisher.
Turn 5: Draw Ancient Hellkite, play Mountain and Juggernaut. Attack with the ascendant; the fisher chumps. AI uses Master Decoy to tap the already tapped ascendant :p Then it plays Spiketail Hatchling.
Turn 6: Draw/play Plains. Cast Baneslayer Angel, trying to bait AI into saccing its hatchling so that I can win. (AI at 6 life and me with a 6/6 and 5/3) I don't know whether it foresaw the plan or was just too stupid to even consider that the hatchling can counter, but it lets Baneslayer Angel resolve, so I attack; the hatchling chumps and Juggernaut leaves the AI at 1 life. AI taps my tapped ascendant with the decoy and casts Elite Javelineer.
Turn 7: Draw Blinding Mage, attack with everything for the win. 1-1
Game3: Drawing first, keep Juggernaut, Inferno Titan, Plains, 2x Mountain.
Turn 1: AI plays Plains, Savannah Lions. Draw/play Mountain.
Turn 2: AI plays Island and attacks for 2. Draw/play Plains.
Turn 3: AI plays Plains, attacks for 2, and casts Fleeting Image. Draw Chandra Nalaar, play Mountain.
Turn 4: AI attacks for 4 and casts Spiketail Hatchling. Draw Magma Phoenix, play Plains. I could cast Juggernaut, but the spiketail could counter it. However, that will allow me to cast something twice as nasty next turn without fear of the spiketail force spiking it, so I cast Juggernaut; AI does indeed counter it with the hatchling.
Turn 5: AI plays Plains, attacks for 4, and passes. Draw Condemn, play Mountain and Magma Phoenix; AI casts Remove Soul to counter it.
Turn 6: AI plays Island, attacks for 4, and casts Angel of Mercy. Draw Cyclops Gladiator and cast it, also leaving W open for Condemn.
Turn 7: AI attacks with Fleeting Image and Angel of Mercy; I cast Condemn on the angel and take 2. (12-18 life) Draw/play/sac Terramorphic Expanse for plains; this time it comes straight into play tapped like it should. Attack with the Cyclops Gladiator, killing Savannah Lions and hitting for 4. (I assumed the AI would be smart enough to bounce Fleeting Image if I targeted that, though it probably wouldn't) I can cast chandra or return the phoenix to hand; I'll get the phoenix back, since chandra can be attacked.
Turn 8: AI plays Plains, attacks me for 2, and plays Thieving Magpie. Draw Ajani Goldmane. Attack with the cyclops, killing the magpie and hitting AI for 4. Cast Inferno Titan, doing 2 damage to AI and 1 to Fleeting Image, since it has no blue mana untapped.
Turn 9: AI casts Mahamoti Djinn. Draw Ancient Hellkite. Interestingly, I can win this turn, though it may not be immediately obvious. Cast Ajani Goldmane, pump Inferno Titan twice, use Ajani to pump my creatures, then attack with both creatures. Cyclops dies, dealing 5 damage to the djinn, and the titan finishes the djinn and does 2 damage to AI, then hits AI for 9 in combat. Bizarrely, some bug occurs and the titan doesn't deal his combat damage, though the cyclops and djinn are dead. Oh, well, I don't think AI can manage to save itself.
Turn 10: AI passes. Draw Blinding Mage, pump titan with ajani and attack for the win. 2-1 (that was a rather bug-riddled match, but fortunately the bugs happened only in the games I still won, and with the start the AI had in game 1, I feel fairly confident that a mulligan probably wouldn't have salvaged it)
Result:Salbei wins 2-1
Game 4
Monopoman vs Salbei (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, get 2x Plains, Remove Soul, Aven Fisher, Glorious Anthem, Coastal Tower, Island. Keep.
Turn 1: Play Coastal Tower. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 2: Draw/play Plains. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 3: Draw Concentrate, play Island. Looking at Salbei's decklist, there are only three possible creatures it might play next turn; one is Ember Hauler, which it clearly doesn't have in hand, and the other two are Serra Ascendant and Blinding Mage, which need white mana. However, the threat of Serra Ascendant is bad enough that I pass to keep mana for Remove Soul, rather than play Glorious Anthem now. AI plays Mountain and passes.
Turn 4: Draw Mahamoti Djinn, play Plains. Same situation as last turn, only AI might sneak in Juggernaut next turn as well. Still, a 6/6 flying lifelink is bad enough I pass again, just in case. AI plays Mountain and passes.
Turn 5: Draw/play Island. Cast Glorious Anthem, since I can do that and keep 1U open. Rather paranoid, I know, but better safe than sorry. AI passes. NOW I feel safe :P AI discards Condemn EOT.
Turn 6: Draw/play Island, cast Mahamoti Djinn. AI casts Juggernaut.
Turn 7: Draw Noble Purpose, play Plains. Three solid plays available, all of which keep 1U open after. I play Aven Fisher, which with Glorious Anthem can trade with juggernaut and net me a card. AI attacks with Juggernaut; Aven Fisher blocks and I draw Blinding Angel. AI discards Chandra Nalaar EOT.
Turn 8: Draw Mana Leak. Cast Blinding Angel, attack for 6. AI plays Plains and Magma Phoenix; I cast Remove Soul.
Turn 9: Draw/play Plains, cast Concentrate for Island, Savannah Lions, Master Decoy. Attack for 9 and cast Master Decoy as backup that I surely won't need, and still leaving 1U open for Mana Leak if needed. AI plays Mountain and Serra Ascendant; it is just a 1/1 nonflyer, and mana leak isn't enough anyway, so it resolves.
Turn 10: Draw Tundra Wolves, attack for 9 in the air and win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Concentrate, Serra Angel, 3x Plains, Master Decoy, Island.
Turn 1: AI plays Mountain. Draw Angel of Mercy, play Island.
Turn 2: AI plays Mountain. Draw Mana Leak, play Island and Master Decoy, since even if AI resolves the ascendant next turn, the decoy can handle it.
Turn 3: AI passes. Draw Island, play Plains, attack for 1.
Turn 4: AI discards Pacifism EOT. Draw Bribery, play Island, attack for 1. Casting concentrate would just give me stuff to discard EOT so I pass.
Turn 5: AI discards Ancient Hellkite EOT. Draw/play Plains, cast Bribery. Looking at the decklist, AI must have Hoarding Dragon, Inferno Titan, Juggernaut, Ajani Goldmane, and Sun Titan in hand. I snag Vengeful Archon because it's got the biggest power of anything in the deck, then attack for 1 with the decoy.
Turn 6: AI plays Mountain. Draw Fleeting Image, play Plains, attack for 8. I could play Serra Angel, but instead choose Fleeting Image and keep Mana Leak at the ready.
Turn 7: AI discards Hoarding Dragon EOT. Draw Remove Soul. Attack for 10 and pass; my counters mean I've won next turn.
Turn 8: AI casts Fireball for 1 on Fleeting Image, which would buy a turn... so I cast Mana Leak. Draw/play Glorious Anthem to add a bit of overkill, then swing for 13. 2-0
Result: Monopoman wins 2-0
Game 5
Salbei vs juzamjedi (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, get 2x Plains, Platinum Angel, Ancient Hellkite, Mountain. I'll keep it, relying on the 30 life total to stall long enough, as has usually worked in the past with this deck.
Turn 1: Play Plains. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 2: Draw/play Mountain. AI plays Island and Walking Dead.
Turn 3: Draw Fireball, play Mountain. Could fireball walking dead, but I pass instead, saving it for worse. AI plays Island and attacks for 1.
Turn 4: Draw/play Plains. AI plays Mountain and attacks for 1.
Turn 5: Draw Sun Titan, play Plains. AI plays Swamp, Greed, and activates Greed once, then attacks for 1.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mountain, cast Sun Titan. (nothing to return) AI plays Mountain, activates Greed twice, casts Immolation on my Sun Titan (thanks!) and casts Zephyr Falcon.
Turn 7: Draw/play Mountain, cast Ancient Hellkite. Sun Titan attacks; AI takes the hit for 8. (27-16 life) AI plays Swamp and casts Tor Wauki.
Turn 8: Draw Chandra Nalaar. Hmm, just noticed a mistake; the card Ancient Hellkite shows as 5/5 but in play it shows as 6/6. It's a card from a set I don't know, so I have no idea which is correct; however, it won't matter this game. I attack with both creatures, use the hellkite to kill the falcon and also use once on Walking Dead, so that it will tap when it regenerates; however, AI doesn't even bother to regenerate it. Tor Wauki chumps the titan, and AI takes 6 from the hellkite. Cast Chandral Nalaar and use its #1 to do 1 damage to AI. AI plays Mountain and passes.
Turn 9: Draw/play/sac Terramorphic Expanse, attack for 14 for the win. (returning TE with the titan, not that it matters) 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Plains, Vengeful Archon, 3x Mountain.
Turn 1: AI plays Island. Draw Inferno Titan, play Mountain.
Turn 2: AI plays Mountain. Draw Hoarding Dragon, play Mountain.
Turn 3: AI plays Island. Draw Juggernaut, play Mountain.
Turn 4: AI plays Swamp. Draw Cyclops Gladiator, play Plains and Cyclops Gladiator; AI casts Remove Soul on it.
Turn 5: AI plays Swamp. Draw/play Mountain, cast Hoarding Dragon; AI casts Mana Leak on it. Oof.
Turn 6: AI plays Mountain, casts Chain Lighting on me for 3, then casts Greed and activates it once. Draw/play Mountain, cast Inferno Titan, hitting AI for 3.
Turn 7: AI plays Island, activates Greed twice and passes. Draw/play Plains. I have 5WW in play and not 4WWW, so I cast Juggernaut instead of the Vengeful Archon. Attack with titan, dealing 3 damage to AI, then pump it three times to do 9 more damage.
Turn 8: AI plays Mountain. Draw/play Plains, attack for the win. 2-0
Result: Salbei wins 2-0
Game 6
juzamjedi vs Salbei (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, get 2x Mountain, Tetsuo Umezawa, Swamp, Walking Dead, Remove Soul, Immolation, Giant Strength. Keep.
Turn 1: Play Mountain. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 2: Draw Gwendlyn Di Corci. Play swamp and Walking Dead. AI plays Plains.
Turn 3: Draw Psionic Entity, play Mountain and Giant Strength on walking dead and attack for 3. AI plays Plains.
Turn 4: Draw Beasts of Bogardan. Play Immolation on Walking Dead and attack for 5. AI plays Plains and Juggernaut.
Turn 5: Draw/play Mountain and pass, waiting for juggernaut to come visit. AI plays Mountain and attacks; Walking Dead blocks and regenerates. AI casts Ember Hauler and sacs it to kill Walking Dead; I used my only black mana already so it's gone. Damn; nice play.
Turn 6: Draw Mana Drain. AI plays Mountain and, surprisingly, and to my relif, passes.
Turn 7: Draw/play Island. Nice. I could play one of three creatures or I could opt instead to keep mana open for Remove Soul. Since one of those creatures is Tetsuo Umezawa, I cast him; he can handle anything without vigilance. AI casts Hoarding Dragon. (no idea what artifact it exiled)
Turn 8: Draw/play Swamp, cast Gwendlyn Di Corci. Time to find out what it's keeping in hand... AI attacks for 4 with the dragon and casts Day of Judgement. Hmm... crap. Nothing I could've done, though; remove soul won't work on that and I only have one island, so mana drain was also out.
Turn 9: Draw/play Island, cast Beasts of Bogardan, keeping UU open. AI casts Brittle Effigy (probably what it got with the dragon) and I let it resolve; I'll save Mana Drain for a creature. AI then sacs the effigy to kill my beasts.
Turn 10: Draw/play Infernal Medusa. (UU still open) AI casts Sun Titan, or should I say tried to; I Remove Soul it.
Turn 11: Draw/play Greed, activate once to draw Mountain; play it and attack for 2. (UU still open) AI plays Mountain and taps out for Vengeful Archon... hmm, Mana Drain? I think so.
Turn 12: Draw Nicol Bolas. BOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. I cast him and attack for 2. AI passes.
Turn 13: Pay for Bolas, draw/play swamp, attack for 9. AI discards its hand to bolas, consisting of Ajani Goldmane, Condemn, and Pacifism. WTF??? (I guess Aswan Jaguar was wrong about disabling debug mode; it still plays like a dumbass, though I must say the game isn't lagging as much with debug mode off) Draw once with Greed, getting Swamp, and tap out for Psionic Entity. AI casts Serra Angel. (buys a turn anyway...)
Turn 14: Pay for Bolas, draw Island. Activate Greed and draw Force Spike. Activate it again and draw Island. Play Swamp, activate Greed again and draw Tor Wauki. Hmm, was hoping for something to win this turn; oh well. Attack with everything; Serra Angel chumps Nicol Bolas and AI takes 4 from the rest. (16-5 life) AI passes. (I was really hoping it would topdeck Platinum Angel, so I could Force Spike it! :p)
Turn 15: Pay for Bolas, draw Mountain, play Island, attack for 11 for the win. (AI discards Plains to bolas) 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Nicol Bolas, 2x Island, Mountain, 2x Swamp, Crimson Manticore, Beasts of Bogardan.
Turn 1: AI plays Mountain. Draw Walking Dead, play Island.
Turn 2: AI plays Mountain. Draw Infernal Medusa. I mean to play Swamp, but misclick and play Island instead, so I have to pass instead of casting Walking Dead. Sorry; at least that mistake only costs 1 life maximum.
Turn 3: AI passes. Draw Chain Lightning, play swamp and Walking Dead.
Turn 4: AI discards Magma Phoenix EOT. Draw/play Mountain, attack for 1.
Turn 5: AI casts Brittle Effigy. Draw/play Swamp, attack for 1, cast Beasts of Bogardan.
Turn 6: AI plays/sacs Terramorphic Expanse for Plains. Draw Giant Strength, play Mountain. If AI topdecks a land, it can use the effigy, so giant strength is a bad call until after; I play Crimson Manticore instead. That will still bite me in the ass if AI gets plains/day of judgement, but I'll risk it. (it's why I play manticore and keep the medusa in hand, even though it's better) Attack for 4.
Turn 7: AI discards Baneslayer Angel EOT. Draw Zephyr Falcon, play Swamp, attack with everything. AI casts Condemn on Beasts of Bogardan, and takes 3 from the rest. Cast Zephyr Falcon and Infernal Medusa. (if DoJ hits, I'm only one land away from Nicol Bolas, so I can recover quick)
Turn 8: AI passes. Draw Carrion Ants. I'm going to go all-in and try to end this. Cast Giant Strength on Zephyr Falcon, attack for 8, and cast Carrion Ants.
Turn 9: AI casts Pacifism... on Infernal Medusa. Carrion Ants breathe a sigh of relief. Draw/play Island, pump ants to 8/9 and attack for 14 for the win. 2-0
Result: juzamjedi wins 2-0
Game 7
Aswan Jaguar vs Monopoman (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, kept swamp, forest, Desert Twister, City of Brass, island, Serendib Efreet, Cuombajj Witches. This deck reminds me a lot of the other single set tournament we did, where I made an arabian nights deck.
Turn 1: Play Swamp. AI plays Plains, Suntail Hawk.
Turn 2: Draw Nafs Asp, play City of Brass and Cuombajj Witches. (take 1 damage) AI plays Island, attacks for 1, and Angelic Page.
Turn 3: Draw Juzam Djinn :) Play forest and Serendib Efreet. (take 1) Attack with witches for 1. AI plays Plains and Glorious Anthem, making me wonder if I shouldn't have killed something with the witches instead of just attacking; oh well, it's still looking pretty good for me.
Turn 4: Take 1 from efreet, draw/play Desert, cast Juzam Djinn (take 1 from city) Attack with efreet; AI blocks with both creatures. Kill one and do 1 damage to the other, then use witches to finish it off, taking 1 from the witches. AI plays Plains and Aven Fisher.
Turn 5: Take 1 from juzam, drwa Dandan, play Island, Nafs Asp, and take 1 from city for Dandan. Juzam swings for 5; AI doesn't block. AI plays Plains and attacks for 3.
Turn 6: Take 1 from juzam, draw/play Island, attack for 11 and win. 1-0 (Dandan is the only good islandhome creature in the game that I've ever seen :p)
Game2: Drawing first, keep Ring of Ma'Ruf, Cyclone, Library of Alexandria, Serendib Djinn, Forest, Juzam Djinn, Sorceress Queen.
Turn 1: AI plays Plains, Tundra Wolves. Draw Swamp, play Library.
Turn 2: AI plays Plains, attacks for 1. Draw Serendib Efreet with library EOT. Draw Ifh-Biff Efreet, play Swamp and pass, discarding Cyclone EOT.
Turn 3: AI plays Island and attacks for 1. Draw Unstable Mutation with library EOT. Draw Stone-Throwing Devils, play forest and the devils (who funny enough abbreviate to STD)
Turn 4: AI plays Island and passes. What is it holding??? Draw Erg Raiders EOT with library. Draw Cuombajj Witches, cast Erg Raiders; AI casts Mana Leak on it. Attack with STD; AI trades with tundra wolves. Discard Ring of Ma'Ruf EOT.
Turn 5: AI plays Plains and Blinding Angel. Crap... need one of my flyers out. Draw Ghazban Ogre EOT with library. Draw Dandan. Discard Cuombajj Witches and Dandan EOT.
Turn 6: AI plays Plains, attacks for 2, and casts Mahamoti Djinn. *gulp* Draw Flying Men EOT with LoA. Draw/play Forest (about time I saw some land, especially drawing 2 cards a turn) Cast Ifh-Biff Efreet. Yay for green flyers!
Turn 7: AI attacks with mahamoti for 5 and casts Elite Javelineers. Draw/cast Khabal Ghoul. Draw City of Brass with LoA; play that asap. Take 1 from city to cast Unstable Mutation on Ifh-Biff and attack; AI takes the 6. (20-6 life)
Turn 8: AI attacks with everything and I take it all for 9, then AI plays Suntail Hawk. Ifh shrinks, draw Island, tap LoA to draw another Island; play it. Take 1 from City to play Serendib Djinn, activate Ifh once to kill Suntail Hawk. (can't attack for the win since Blinding Angel hit me last turn) Pass, and Khabal Ghoul gets a counter.
Turn 9: AI casts Serra Angel and passes. Sac forest to djinn, ifh shrinks, draw Erhnam Djinn. Tap library, draw Nafs Asp, play Island. Attack with Serendib Djinn; AI blocks with Mahamoti Djinn and Blinding Angel. Activate Ifh-Biff Efreet twice (takign 1 from city) and trade mahamoti for my serendib djinn. Cast Serendib Efreet, then pass and khabal ghoul grows to 4/4
Turn 10: AI casts Fleeting Image and passes. Take 1 from serendib, ifh shrinks, draw Forest. Draw Oubliette with LoA; very, very nice, but I don't need it. Play Forest, activate Ifh-Biff Efreet 3 times (take 1 from city) and win, one life to zero :p 2-0
Result: Aswan Jaguar wins 2-0
Game 8
Monopoman vs Aswan Jaguar (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep Diving Griffin, Coastal Tower, 2x Plains, Island, Concentrate, Spiketail Hatchling.
Turn 1: Play Coastal Tower. AI plays Forest, Ghazban Ogre.
Turn 2: Draw Pacficism. Play Plains and Spiketail Hatchling. (not using pacifism yet) AI palys Island, attacks me for 2, and casts Flying Men.
Turn 3: Draw Master Decoy, play Plains and Diving Griffin. AI plays Forest.
Turn 4: Draw Fleeting Image, play Island, cast Concentrate, drawing Angelic Page, Mahamoti Djinn, Aven Fisher. Attack with Diving Griffin for 2. AI passes.
Turn 5: Draw/play Island. Cast Angelic Page and Fleeting Image, attack for 2. AI plays Swamp and casts Cyclone... hmm, I think I should counter that, so I sac the Spiketail Hatchling to do so.
Turn 6: Draw/cast Noble Purpose, attack with Diving Griffin and Fleeting Image. I thought AI would block the image with Flying Men (and then I'd pump with Angelic Page) but it saw through the trick; I pump it anyway, and AI takes 5. (gain 5 with Noble Purpose; 15-21 life) AI casts Ifh-Biff Efreet.
Turn 7: Draw/play Plains. Cast Mahamoti, attack with griffin and image. AI blocks neither (seeing my page but not realizing I can't use it on both attackers; it would've been better to block both) and I pump one afterwards; AI takes 5. AI gives me the Ghazban Ogre (20-16 life), activates Ifh-Biff Efreet twices, and passes. (griffin, image, page on my side die and AI loses flying men)
Turn 8: Draw/play Plains, cast Master Decoy and Aven Fisher. Attack with Mahamoti for 5. AI plays Library of Alexandria and attacks with Ifh; I block with Aven Fisher since it will die if AI uses Ifh again, and I draw Savannah Lions on its death. (the reason I cast it even knowing it was doomed)
Turn 9: Draw/play Island, cast Savannah Lions, attack for 8. (33-1 life) AI plays Island, attacks me for 3, and passes.
Turn 10: Draw plains, attack for 10 and that's game. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, keep Elite Javelineer, Serra Angel, Plains, Tundra Wolves, Fleeting Image, Island, Mahamoti Djinn.
Turn 1: AI plays City of Brass and takes 1 for Flying Men. Draw Mana Leak, play Plains, Tundra Wolves.
Turn 2: AI plays Swamp, attacks for 1, and Hasran Ogress, taking 1 from city. Draw Angel of Mercy, play Island.
Turn 3: AI plays Island, attacks for 1 with Flying Men (keeping its ogress back) and casts Erg Raiders, which I Mana Leak. Draw/play Plains (whew!) and cast Fleeting Image.
Turn 4: AI plays Library of Alexandria and attacks with Flying Men. I reluctantly decide to trade it with my Fleeting Image, due to the life totals and my lack of mana. AI casts Ghazban Ogress, taking 1 from City. Draw Spiketail Hatchling, cast Elite Javelineer.
Turn 5: AI takes 1 from city to play Cuombajj Witches. Draw/play Plains. Keep spiketail hatchling in hand due to the witches.
Turn 6: AI plays Forest, and uses witches to kill tundra wolves; I deal 1 damage to AI. Draw/play Island, cast Serra Angel. Hooray!
Turn 7: AI plays Swamp. Draw/play Island, cast Mahamoti Djinn, attack with serra for 4. AI taps witches to do 1 damage to me and I return the favour. (9-20 life)
Turn 8: AI plays Desert. Draw/play Plains, cast Angel of Mercy, attack with serra and mahamoti for 9. (life totals 12-11)
Turn 9: AI gives me Ghazban Ogre, plays Swamp, and passes. Draw plains, attack for 12 in the air and win. 2-0
Game 9
Aswan Jaguar vs juzamjedi (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep 2x Swamp, Island, Drop of Honey, Serendib Djinn, Nafs Asp, Serendib Efreet.
Turn 1: Play Swamp. AI plays swamp.
Turn 2: Draw Juzam Djinn, play island. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 3: Draw Desert Twister, play swamp, Serendib Efreet. AI plays Island.
Turn 4: Take 1 from efreet, draw/play Island (nice!) and cast Juzam Djinn; Remove Soul strikes it down. Attack for 3. AI plays Swamp.
Turn 5: Take 1 from efreet, draw Stone-Throwing Devils. Attack for 3 and cast Serendib Djinn. AI plays Mountain and Gwendlyn Di Corci.
Turn 6: Take 1 from efreet, sac swamp, draw Ring of Ma'Ruf, cast Stone-Throwing Devils, attack for 8. AI plays Mountain, attacks for 3, and casts Fallen Angel.
Turn 7: Take 1 from efreet, sac swamp, draw Sorceress Queen, attack with everything. AI blocks the devils with the angel and takes 8 from the rest. AI plays Immolation on Gwendlyn and swings for 8, then casts Tor Wauki.
Turn 8: Take 1 from efreet, sac island and take 3 from djinn, draw Flying Men, attack for 8 for the win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, get Ifh-Biff Efreet, 2x Island, Unsztable Mutation, Old Man of the Sea, Ghazban Ogre, Serendib Djinn. A nice hand, though it needs some more lands to really work; I keep.
Turn 1: AI plays Swamp. Draw Oubliette, play island.
Turn 2: AI plays swamp, Walking Dead. Draw/play Forest, cast Ghazban Ogre.
Turn 3: AI plays Mountain and Chain Lightning on me. Damn. Give AI my Ghazban Ogre, draw Drop of Honey, play Island and Old Man of the Sea.
Turn 4: AI plays Island, Zephyr Falcon. Draw/play Swamp, cast Serendib Djinn.
Turn 5: AI passes. Sac Island to djinn and take 3, draw Erg Raiders. (oops, meant to steal the falcon EOT; oh well) Cast Unstable Mutation on the djinn, cast Erg Raiders, but Remove Soul kills that. Attack for 8.
Turn 6: AI gives back my Ghazban Ogre, then attacks with the falcon; I steal it with Old Man in response. AI casts Time Elemental. Djinn shrinks, sac island to djinn (taking 3 and unfortunately not noticing that makes me give away the ogre again) and draw Stone-Throwing Devils. (lucky I got that, since I have BG left; I'd sacced the island in case I drew swamp for Oubliette) Cast the devils and Drop of Honey, attack for 8 with flyers.
Turn 7: AI gives back my ogre and passes. Djinn shrinks, sac Forest, kill Time Elemental with Drop of Honey. Draw Dandan. Attack with everything. Walking Dead chumps the devils and doesn't regenerate (!!) and AI takes 9.
Turn 8: AI casts Carrion Ants. Sac Swamp (and Serendib Djinn), Drop of Honey kills Carrion Ants. Draw/play Library of Alexandria, attack for 4. (21-1 life)
Turn 9: AI plays Mountain and Psionic Entity. Untap Old Man, kill Zephyr Falcon with Drop of Honey, draw Desert Twister, steal psionic entity with old man and attack for 3 for the win. 2-0
Result: Aswan Jaguar wins 2-0
Game 10
juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, get 3x Swamp, Giant Strength, 3x Island, Nicol Bolas. Rather land-heavy (seems to happen a lot in this deck for me, but I haven't checked the land:spell ratio) and no red land, but I'll keep anyway, trusting in my draws.
Turn 1: Play Island. AI plays Island, Flying Men.
Turn 2: Draw Mana Drain, play Island. AI plays swamp and swings for 1.
Turn 3: Draw Zephyr Falcon, play Swamp and Zephyr Falcon (and pray I won't need Mana Drain, but I don't think I will this turn; next turn I probably will at 4 mana) AI plays Swamp and Cuombajj Witches.
Turn 4: Draw/play Swamp. AI plays Forest, taps Cuombajj Witches to kill my Zephyr Falcon; I kill Flying Men. AI casts Khabal Ghoul, who will be a 3/3 EOT, so I Mana Drain it.
Turn 5: Draw/play Mountain. AI plays Forest, Ring of Ma'Ruf, and activates witches on me; I deal 1 back to AI. (why not attack?)
Turn 6: Draw Walking Dead, play swamp and Walking Dead. AI sacs Ring of Ma'Ruf to draw, activates Witches to do 1 damage to Walking Dead; I just regenerate them and do 1 damage to AI back.
Turn 7: Draw/play Tor Wauki, play Swamp, attack for 1. AI casts Juzam Djinn, does 1 damage to walking dead with the witches, who regenerate, and I do 1 damage to AI back.
Turn 8: Draw/play Mountain, cast NICOL BOLAS. RAAR. AI takes 1 from Juzam, taps witches to do 1 damage to me, and I do 1 back. (wtf? I tap out and AI decides NOW is the time NOT to use the witches on Walking Dead?) AI casts another Juzam Djinn, so it must've taken one of them with the Ring.
Turn 9: Pay Bolas upkeep, draw/play Mountain. Cast Giant Strength on Tor Wauki (that and walking dead should hopefully keep juzams back) Bolas swings for 7 and AI discards Bottle of Suleiman, Dandan, Old Man of the Sea, Stone-Throwing Devils. AI takes 2 from juzams and passes.
Turn 10: Pay for bolas, draw/play island, attack for 7; AI discards Drop of Honey. EOT the witches do 1 to walking dead, who regenerate; I do 1 back to AI. AI takes 2 from juzams and passes.
Turn 11: Pay for bolas, draw Psionic Entity, attack for 7 for the win. AI discards Oubliette, which it could've cast... 1-0 (why AI didn't Oubliette bolas is beyond me...)
Game2: Drawing first, keep Tetsuo Umezawa, Walking Dead, Swamp, 2x Mountain, Infernal Medusa, Island.
Turn 1: AI plays City of Brass, takes 1 for Flying Men. Draw Swamp, play Mountain and Immolation on Flying Men.
Turn 2: AI plays Swamp and Cuombajj Witches, taking 1 from city. Draw/play Swamp, holding walking dead due to the witches.
Turn 3: AI plays swamp, attacks for 1 and takes 1 from city for Serendib Efreet. Draw Mountain, play swamp and Walking Dead, hoping AI will waste witches on that.
Turn 4: AI takes 1 from efreet, uses witches on walking dead, who regenerates; I do 1 to AI, then AI attacks for 3 with efreet. (26-25 life) Draw Time Elemental, play Island and Tetsuo Umezawa, attack for 1.
Turn 5: AI takes 1 from efreet, attacks for 3, and once more taps witches to hit walking dead; regenerate it and AI takes 1. Draw Nicol Bolas, play Mountain and Time Elemental; attack for 4. (could've kille efreet with tetsuo, but chose to attack instead)
Turn 6: AI takes 1 from efreet, attacks for 3, uses witches on walking dead; AI takes 1 and they regenerate. AI takes 1 from City to cast Nafs Asp. Draw Pyrotechnics, play Swamp. Cast Infernal Medusa, attack with walking dead and tetsuo; AI doesn't block, taking 4.
Turn 7: AI takes 1 from efreet, attacks for 3, and taps witches for walking dead AGAIN; regenerate and kill Nafs Asp. Draw/play Mountain, attack for 6, and kill AI with Pyrotechnics. 2-0
(note how instead of killing the efreet, I just kept attacking with tetsuo, which meant that the efreet was helping me kill AI :p I don't know whether it was best to do it that way or not, but it felt right, and it worked out)
Result: Juzamjedi wins 2-0
Game 11
Monopoman vs juzamjedi (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, I kept Island, Thieving Magpie, Bribery, Concentrate, Master Decoy, Plains, Angel of Mercy. Not very good, but the decoy will hopefully stall long enough to get lands, after which I have some very nice cards if I can survive.
Turn 1: Play Island. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 2: Draw Suntail Hawk, play Plains and Master Decoy. AI plays Swamp and Immolation on the decoy.
Turn 3: Draw Pacifism, play Suntail Hawk. AI plays Mountain.
Turn 4: Draw/play Plains, attack for 1. AI plays Island and Crimson Manticore.
Turn 5: Draw/play Island, cast Thieving Magpie. AI plays Swamp and Giant Strength on Crimson Manticore; I chump with Suntail Hawk. AI casts Time Elemental.
Turn 6: Draw Spiketail Hatchling. Attack with thieving magpie for 1 and draw/play Island off it. Cast Pacifism on the manticore and cast Spiketail Hatchling. AI casts Beasts of Bogardan; I sac the hatchling to counter it.
Turn 7: Draw/play Island, attack for 1 and draw Glorious Anthem. Cast Angel of Mercy. (I could use Bribery, and probably on Carrion Ants, but if AI gets a second island, it can bounce them back to ITS hand, so I don't think I want to do that while time elemental is out) AI plays Swamp and Psionic Entity.
Turn 8: Draw Diving Griffin. Cast Glorious Anthem, attack for 6 and draw Remove Soul. AI attacks for 2 and casts Fallen Angel, but I respond with Remove Soul on it.
Turn 9: Draw/play Island, attack for 6 and draw Tundra Wolves. Cast Concentrate, drawing Plains, Serra Angel and Worship, cast Diving Griffin. AI passes.
Turn 10: Draw Island, play Plains, attack for 9 and draw Mana Leak. Cast Serra Angel; it's hit with Remove Soul, then I cast Tundra Wolves. AI passes.
Turn 11: Draw plains, attack with everything for the win. 1-0
Game2: Drawing first, my opening hand is Serra Angel, Elite Javelineer, Coastal Tower, Angelic Page, Concentrate, Spiketail Hatchling, Glorious Anthem. Some good spells, but only the one land, though at least it's a dual. On the draw, however, I have decent odds to get that second land in time, so I'll keep and hope for the best.
Turn 1: AI plays swamp. Draw Angel of Mercy, play Coastal Tower. Next turn, then... hopefully.
Turn 2: AI plays swamp. Draw/play Plains, cast Spiketail Hatchling.
Turn 3: AI plays swamp. Draw/play Island. (very nice!) Cast Elite Javelineer, attack for 1.
Turn 4: AI plays Island. Draw/play Plains (wooo!) and cast Glorious Anthem, attack for 5.
Turn 5: AI plays Mountain, Gwendlyn Di Corci. Draw/play Island. Not bad, 5 straight land drops, and I only had one in opening hand. Got even luckier than I'd hoped :) Cast Serra Angel, attack for 2 with the hatchling.
Turn 6: AI plays Mountain and casts Giant Strength on gwendlyn, then activates it and I discard Angel of Mercy. Draw/play Island, cast Concentrate, draw Plains, Savannah Lions, Island, cast Angelic Page, attack for 10.
Turn 7: AI plays Island and Infernal Medusa. Draw Noble Purpose, play Plains, Savannah Lions, Noble Purpose. Attack with my flyers for 9.
Turn 8: AI plays swamp. Draw plains, attack with flyers for 9 damage and the win. 2-0
Game 12
juzamjedi vs Monopoman (done) | Open
Game1: Playing first, keep swamp, Zephyr Falcon, Immolation, Psionic Entity, Walking Dead, Force Spike, Crimson Manticore, island.
Turn 1: Play Island. AI plays plains.
Turn 2: Draw Carrion Ants, play swamp. I can either play one of my 1/1s or keep back force spike. Looking at the decklist, I think I can risk tapping out this turn, so I cast Zephyr Falcon. AI plays Island and Master Decoy.
Turn 3: Draw Nicol Bolas, attack for 1. Monopoman's 3-drops are a bit scarier, plus Master Decoy can block Walking Dead if I play it, so this time I save my mana for Force Spike. AI plays Plains and Glorious Anthem, which I Force Spike. AI then attacks for 1.
Turn 4: Draw/play Swamp, cast Walking Dead, attack for 1. AI plays Island and Spiketail Hatchling.
Turn 5: Draw Tetsuo Umezawa, attack with zephyr falcon and the hatchling blocks to trade. AI taps walking dead EOT with the decoy. AI plays Island, attacks for 1, and passes, which means either it's already given up or it has a lot of lands in hand.
Turn 6: Draw/play Mountain, cast Tetsuo Umezawa, attack for 1. AI plays Plains.
Turn 7: Draw/play Mountain, attack with tetsuo for 3, then cast Carrion Ants, and Immolation on Master Decoy. (could've done that first, I guess, to attack with walking dead as well, but my reasoning was that the AI usually fails to use fast effects precombat unless you give it something to respond to) AI passes its turn.
Turn 8: Draw Beasts of Bogardan, pump ants to the max and attack with everything. AI commits the biggest fail play of the tournament by casting Chastise on Walking Dead, gaining 1 life, and taking 8 from tetsuo and 5/6 carrion ants, and losing with -1 life. 1-0
(based on the games today, the AI must think that Walking Dead is worth its weight in gold, and has no idea that it can regenerate)
Game2: Drawing first, keep Psionic Entity, Mana Drain, Carrion Ants, Time Elemental, Mountain, Zephyr Falcon, Force Spike, Island.
Turn 1: AI plays Island. Draw Nicol Bolas, play Island.
Turn 2: AI plays island. Draw Fallen Angel, play Mountain. Choice between Zephyr Falcon or waiting for force spike; I play the falcon now; if I had a hope of doing anything else next turn, I'd probably wait. AI casts Mana Leak to counter the falcon.
Turn 3: AI plays Plains and Angelic Page. Draw Tor Wauki, pass.
Turn 4: AI plays island, attacks for 1, and casts Master Decoy. Draw Infernal Medusa, discard Nicol Bolas EOT. Goodbye, bolas...
Turn 5: AI plays island, swings for 2, and casts Thieving Magpie. Damn, I just can't get a break with Force Spike. Draw/play Mountain, cast Time Elemental, because AI will be too stupid to attack with Master Decoy with that out.
Turn 6: AI attacks with everything for 3; looks like I was wrong. AI plays island postcombat. Draw Gwendlyn Di Corci and pass.
Turn 7: AI plays plains and attacks for 3, then casts Serra Angel. My kingdom for a land... Draw/play Swamp! I still can't cast a thing, so I pass. Stupid basic lands...
Turn 8: AI attacks for 7 and casts Blinding Angel. Draw/play Crimson Manticore.
Turn 9: AI attacks with everything. Block Master Decoy with manticore to kill it and take 8 damage. AI casts Diving Griffin. Draw/play Mountain. The only way I can buy a turn is not to cast the Psionic Entity, and save mana for the manticore.
Turn 10: AI attacks with everything. Chump serra angel and activate manticore to kill angelic page, and take 5 damage. (life totals 1-12) AI casts Elite Javelineers. Draw/play Island. Psionic Entity, counters, and Time Elemental can't save me, and nothing else is castable; I concede. 1-1 (the opposite of game 1; there I saw lots of needed land topdecks, this game I got totally screwed by topdecks)
Game3: Playing first, keep 3x Swamp, Island, Pyrotechnics, Immolation, Carrion Ants, Zephyr Falcon.
Turn 1: Play island. AI plays Coastal Tower.
Turn 2: Draw/play swamp, cast Zephyr Falcon. AI plays plains.
Turn 3: Draw Psionic Entity, play swamp, attack for 1. AI plays island.
Turn 4: Draw Force Spike, play swamp, Carrion Ants, attack for 1. AI plays Island.
Turn 5: Draw Beasts of Bogardan, play swamp, pump ants +5/+5 and swing for 6. AI plays Plains and Blinding Angel.
Turn 6: Draw Nicol Bolas. Attack with falcon and ants; AI chumps ants with the angel so I pump 4 times and do 1 damage with the falcon. (30-3 life) AI plays Island and Worship, then casts Master Decoy. Cast FORCE SPIKE!!!!!! ROFL!
Turn 7: Draw Crimson Manticore, pump ants for 5 and swing for 6 for the win, as AI has no creatures for Worship. 2-1
Result: Juzamjedi wins 2-1(sorry for the game 2 loss but it was totally impossible to win that game)
Last edited by aww1979 on 16 Jan 2011, 06:35, edited 4 times in total.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 14 Jan 2011, 15:14

I finished both groups and the points are:

Group A

240sxForever: 9 points
Jatill: 6 points
Aww: 4 points
Shantak: 3 points

Group B

Salbei: 11 points
Monopoman: 6 points
Juzamjedi: 4 points
Aswan Jaguar: 4 points
Cognis
Tester

Postby 240sxforever » 17 Jan 2011, 05:50

I hope I scored everything properly.

Round 1

Group A

Aww - 3
Jatill - 5
240sxForever - 11

SHANTAK VS AWW
| Open
Game 1
Win
Bloodgast recovered from two early board wipes, and with the help of Scute mob and Sorin Markov pulled out a win.

Game 2
Easy win
Managed to set off both Harrow and Khalni heart expedition on the turn after Ob Nixilis came into play for a total of 12 life loss,then he hit for 15 combat.

Total: 2-0

AWW VS SHANTAK
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
Turn 3 Mahamoti Djinn, turn 4 burn a blocker out of the way, turn 5 Juggernaut made for an easy win.

Game 2
Win
Control game finished off with burn and Serra Angel, not much else to say

SHANTAK VS JATILL
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
Turn 3 Bloodwitch into a turn 6 Kalitas made this an easy win.

Game 2
Loss
Hymn to Tourach on turns 2, 3 and 4 followed by a sac'ed mindstab thrull on turn 6 made this game unwinable.

Game 3
Win
Scute mob and Kalitas kept the board clear, the mob at 29/29 finished the job.

Total: 2-1

JATILL VS SHANTAK
| Open
Game 1
Win
Straight agro game, with ebon hand and Mindstab thrull.

Game 2
Easy Win
Three hymns on 2,3 and 4 with a sac'ed Mindstab on 6, left no resistance in the ai player.

Total 2-0

Shantak vs 240sxforever
| Open
Game 1
Loss
Fast Colossus and Strip mines kept me off just enough for the AI to win.

Game 2
Win
Three strip mines, but managed to stabilize with Rampaging Baloth tokens and grind away the board for a win.

Game 3
Win
Sorin Markov's -3 and a Scute Mob were enough to win this one in one attack.

240sxforever vs Shantak
| Open
Game 1
Win
Tough, but pulled out with Mishra's factory and Candelabra.

Game 2
Win
Mishra's factory and Might stone win, i kind of wish this deck could be played using only its mana base.

Total 2-0

AWW VS JATILL
| Open
Game 1
Loss
Saw no land in opening or two mulligans, kept a Demonic tutor. Hymn on turn 2, no mana sources util turn 5 and the second source not until turn 10.

Game 2
Easy Win
Got everything the deck wants, including Balance 3 times.

Game 3
Win
A fast Royal Assassin locked down the board while I drew through the deck. I got a Channel/Disintegrate for 27.

JATILL VS AWW
| Open
Game 1
Win
Hymn for the win.

Game 2
Easy Win
Thrull beat down.

Total 2-0

AWW VS 240SXFOREVER
| Open
Game 1
Loss
9 turns, not a single land.

Game 2
Loss
Had all of my early game land Strip Mined within 2 turns of playing it and Serra RFGed. Balance took 6 creatures, 5 lands and 2 cards in hand but it was still not enough.

I don't think there could be a worse matchup for this deck, only getting 3 shots at land in the opening leaves it extremely vulnerable.

Total: 0-2

240SXFOREVER VS AWW
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
AI only played 3 land, 2 of which met with Strip Mines the turn they came into play. 3 Mishra's factories dealt about 25 by themselves.

Game 2
Win
Yet again, Strip Mine and Mishra's factory win the game.

JATILL VS 240SXFOREVER
| Open
Game 1
Win
The mana base was to solid to be disrupted easily and a 7/1 Ebon hand finihsed the job.

Game 2
Loss
Close match, but multiple Mishra's factories and Clockwork Avian were able to pull the win at the wire.

Game 3
Win
Ebon prater was rather large.

240SXFOREVER VS JATILL
| Open
Game 1
Win
Attrition war.

Game 2
Win
Turn 4 Urzatron, turn 5 Colossus.

Total 2-0
Last edited by 240sxforever on 17 Jan 2011, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
240sxforever

Postby monopoman » 17 Jan 2011, 06:08

I will finish mine up early tomorrow sorry about being a bit over the deadline been a bit busy.
monopoman

Postby Shantak » 17 Jan 2011, 06:45

240sxforever wrote:I hope I scored everything properly.
Aww - 3
Jatill - 5
240sxForever - 11
I counted:
Shantak - 4
Aww - 3
Jatill - 5
240sxForever - 11

but I doubt that one extra point is doing me any good in total scores.
Shantak

Postby 240sxforever » 17 Jan 2011, 06:55

Group B

Salbei - 9
Aswan Jaguar - 6
Monopoman - 4
Juzamjedi - 5

Salbei vs Aswan Jaguar
| Open
Game 1
Win
Serra angel and Magma Phoenix dominated this game.

Game 2
Win
AI took me to 6 before DoJ cleared the way for Baneslayer and hording dragon.

Aswan Jaguar vs Salbei
| Open
Game 1
Loss
Stuck on 4 lands, 3 of them forests. Could not keep up.

Game 2
Loss
First hand 7 land, second 6 non land... then only 1 source of blue. Held off a 9/7 juggernaut for a while, but the blinding mage pushed it over the edge.

Total: 0-2

SALBEI VS MONOPOMAN
| Open
Game 1
Win
Turn 1 Serra ascendant is a 6/6, a bit hard to loose with that.

Game 2
Win
Blinding mage is worth its weight in gold.

MONOPOMAN VS SALBEI
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
Mahamoti with Noble purpose and Glorious anthem, makes beatdown fun...

Game 2
Win
Locked down the board with tap effects and pacifism.

Total 2-0

SALBEI VS JUZAMJEDI
| Open
Game 1
Win
Chandra cleared blockers out of the way and Serra Angel did the rest.

Game 2
Win
Close game, saved by Platinum Angel.

JUZAMJEDI VS SALBEI
| Open
Game 1
Win
Strong control game, came down to a Nichol Bolas vs Baneslayer race.

Game 2
Win
Time elemental won this game, hands down. It cleared the board, tied up AI mana and bounced itself to preserve board presence post-wrath.

ASWAN JAGUAR VS MONOPOMAN
| Open
Game 1
Win
Juzam Djinn and Erg raiders push through on the ground.

Game 2
Easy Win
Serindib Efreet and Cyclone sealed this game without trouble.

MONOPOMAN VS ASWAN JAGUAR
| Open
Game 1
Win
Strong board control locked down AI creatures, allowing its own Serendib Efreet to deal around 15 to its controler.

Game 2
Loss
Ifh Biff Efreet, activated multiple times, after a creature war. The low life total did not leave much room for error.

Game 3
Loss
Kept a hand with 3 Plains and Glorious Anthem, in 5 draws i did not see a blue source, only 5 blue cards. This made the turn 4 Juzam Djinn a bit hard to handle.

Total: 1-2

ASWAN JAGUAR VS JUZAMJEDI
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
Drop of honey supported by big creatures, easy win.

Game 2
Loss
Had fits with the mana base, could not get double colored for the spells in hand. Started with 3 land in hand, drew one land in 6 turns.

Game 3
Win
AI hit every counter spell in the deck, but a resolved cyclone ate away all the AI board position and life until Serendib Efreet could finish the job.

JUZAMJEDI VS ASWAN JAGUAR
| Open
Game 1
Win
AI's turn 1 Library of Alexandria gives crazy amounts of card advantage. Tetsuo Umezawa locked down the board, ending the game with large cretures.

Game 2
Loss
13 turns, did not draw a black mana source. Beaten to death by a token.

Game 3
Win
Yet another game dominated by time elemental.

MONOPOMAN VS JUZAMJEDI
| Open
Game 1
Win
Blinding angel beat down, with bribery fetching time elemental to back it.

Game 2
Win
Theving Magpie +Blinding Angel +Worship = win.

JUZAMJEDI VS MONOPOMAN
| Open
Game 1
Easy Win
Time Elemental yet again. This card should get recognition for being the most useful of the tournament, at least in the games I have played.

Game 2
Win
Did not draw an Island the whole game, with a hand full of blue cards. Ended up winning with a Giant Strength on Infernal Medusa. It was only one creature, but one the AI would not block.

Here you go, group B points and match commentary. This has been a blast, the decks were fun, but inconsistency in some of the mana bases that this challenge necessitated lead to a few more losses due to random chance than is normal in a constructed environment, though that was part of picking those sets I guess.
Last edited by 240sxforever on 18 Jan 2011, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
240sxforever

Postby 240sxforever » 17 Jan 2011, 07:06

I counted:
Shantak - 4
Aww - 3
Jatill - 5
240sxForever - 11

but I doubt that one extra point is doing me any good in total scores.
Thanks for catching that, it is fixed now.
240sxforever

Next

Return to Tournaments