It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:08

Text Size

February Tournament: Limited Shop

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: February Tournament :Limited Shop (sign up till Jan 30)

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Jan 2011, 08:59

I would like to play in this,you said till 30 Jan so I hope at least 1 more will sign up so that you can count us in.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby aww1979 » 26 Jan 2011, 09:07

I'm having trouble making a deck that the AI will actually play any cards past turn 4-5, but hopefully I'll find something in time!
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 27 Jan 2011, 05:39

Aswan jaguar wrote:I would like to play in this,you said till 30 Jan so I hope at least 1 more will sign up so that you can count us in.
Sure, we would just need another player to sign up.We´ll work something out if not.So you´re in, right ?

There is still time to sign up.
Please submit your decks until Jan 31.
Please playtest with "RulesEngine:0" in your config file.

Sorry about that RulesEngine:0 change, but it really helps a lot to keep the games running smooth and seems to prevent lock-ups.The downside is that cards like Hammer of Bogardan won´t be able to be return to your hand and Bloodghast won´t return into play.Sorry about the additional "restriction", but it is really worth it.

The config.txt file can be found in your magic folder (c:\Magic\config.txt).
Just open it and change RulesEngine:1 to RulesEngine:0.

Also please don´t use Gigantiform - it is heavily bugged (crashes the game when the AI plays with it and also the casting cost seem to be wrong (you can play it when you got 5 mana available , but only 2 mana will be used to play the spell).Just don´t use the card please.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 27 Jan 2011, 13:03

No Bloodghast nukes one of my top 2 deck ideas :/ Guess I'll go with the other one!
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Shantak » 27 Jan 2011, 13:13

I made a huge bunch of decks for this one, but it was really hard finding one that would suit AI's playstyle. I think I finally found one that seems to work with AI, but maybe with no rules engine in use I should still do some more testing.
Shantak

Postby Salbei » 27 Jan 2011, 13:41

Yeah i´m sorry about that RulesEngine thing, but it is really worth it.Games run a lot smoother and the AI has yet to "freeze" for me.
Beside Hammer of Bogardan and Bloodghast there were no other problems so far with it.You will be surprised how well the game is running under that setting.

I build around 30 decks and took 10 of them for the side-event.The AI is pretty good with all of them.You will be surprised how creative i got with some of them.If you still have trouble finding a deck the AI could play you might want to steal one of these.

Deck 1 - Mono Black (decent deck, AI is decent)
Deck 2 - UBR Control (AI is very good with it)
Deck 3 - Big Red (AI plays it well, poor design though)
Deck 4 - B/W Token (very deadly in the hand of a player, AI is alright)
Deck 5 - Mean Green (i´m proud of this one, AI plays it fine)
Deck 6 - GWU (this one is really creative)
Deck 7 - Blue/Brown (fun to play, AI is alright)
Deck 8 - GW Landfall (ai blows with it, its the deadliest deck as a player so far)
Deck 9 - Zoo (poor build, AI is alright)
Deck 10 - RU Control (AI is good with this)

Most likely players will start with less than 20 life - so any aggressive strategy most likely works out.Things like Steppe Lynx combined with a Fetchland really hurt when you start with just 15 life.Also keep in mind things like Worship and Meekstone exist - better have an answer.Control builds seem to work as well - just make sure the AI is capable of playing it.
The 2 most dangerous decks in the hand of a real player where Landfall and Token based decks for me - but you will need a good AI performance as usual to go anywhere in this tournament.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 27 Jan 2011, 19:49

One of the ones I was thinking of submitting is a B/W token deck. The others that are in the running at this point are a R/G weenie deck and a B/U creature deck, but I'm still playing with ideas, particularly now to see how things are altered with the rules engine gone.
aww1979
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 27 Jan 2011, 20:50

I'm not sure if it's because the rules engine is gone, but I am having serious issue with Elixir of Immortality. After I activate it, the next time any card goes to the graveyard, a whole bunch of duplicate cards appear in my graveyard, and I end up with more than 40 cards in my game when there are only 40 in my deck. It's really too bad, because the deck would be completely unstoppable if that bug didn't exist.
Attachments
wtf.JPG
aww1979
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 27 Jan 2011, 21:04

Some colors have less choices for a given rarity. Was this intentional or did you simply cut some cards without replacing them?
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Salbei » 28 Jan 2011, 06:31

Thats really odd, Elixir of Immortality is working fine for me, never had any issues with the card.

---

I had to remove a couple cards that aren´t available in the Limited edition and just didn´t replace them.
Since the players are free to choose their cards on their own anyway and nobody is forced to play a color or something like that it shouldn´t make any difference.I could have gone even further and dropped a complete color and this would still work.

---

Please re-check your decks.

Stroggoii used cards that are affected by the RulesEngine change that he might want to adjust - PM is out.

Aww1979 used too many points (106 instead of 100). Remember that you only get the extra 6 points if you DON´T include the free Planeswalker to your deck. - PM is out. -> fixed

Alex Ryugami still got 10 points left to spend (unless i made a mistake).You could buy 3 extra hitpoints for that for example. - PM is out.

Jatill submitted his deck. Just a small error with the HP in there.
-> fixed

-> 4 decks completely missing, 2 still need a minor adjustment.

---

Another 2 players signed up - so we are 8 people now.

Group A
Shantak (plays Jatills deck for the side event)
Aww1979 (plays Cognis deck for the side event)
Stroggoii (plays 240sxforevers deck for the side event)
Aswan Jaguar (plays ALEX Ryugamis deck for the side event)

Group B
Jatill (plays Shantaks deck for the side event)
Cognis (plays Aww1979s deck for the side event)
240sxforever (plays Stroggoiis deck for the side event)
ALEX Ryugami (plays Aswan Jaguars deck for the side event)

So we are back to the usual System.
Round1 (12 matches/group -> 24 matches) #1+#2 advance (4 ppl)
Round2 (2 matches/group -> 4 matches) #1 advance (2 ppl)
Round3 (2 matches)

I´ve created a template for the reports again. http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3897&p=51486#p51486. Just quote it if you would like to use it.

---

I´m still waiting for the rest of the field to submit their decks.Would be great if i could re-check the points (to make sure the deck is legal) before we hit the deadline.
Always takes at least a few hours for the PMs to be read, sometimes even days, so please submit your deck early and don´t wait for the deadline.You may still make changes to the deck - just PM me the changes.

Please submit your decks until Jan 31.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Re: February Tournament :Limited Shop (submit decks - Jan 31

Postby juzamjedi » 28 Jan 2011, 18:13

Ah, OK. Well if there is a drop I will be submitting a deck to you. I'm interested to see how the tournament turns out even if I'm too late to join. Alternatively maybe you can use my deck in your gauntlet for the side event if you don't already have one like it.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Salbei » 29 Jan 2011, 03:18

Don´t worry about it. Just submit your deck and i´ll work something out.Jan 30 was the deadline to sign up and i was just assuming that nobody else was interested.Don´t want to rework that template again - so we are full now :)

---Round1 9 players, 3 drop
Group A(6 matches)
Shantak (plays Jatills deck for the side event)
Aww1979 (plays Cognis deck for the side event)
Stroggoii (plays 240sxforevers deck for the side event)

Group B(6 matches)
Jatill (plays Shantaks deck for the side event)
Cognis (plays Aww1979s deck for the side event)
240sxforever (plays Stroggoiis deck for the side event)

Group C (6 matches)
Aswan Jaguar (plays ALEX Ryugamis deck for the side event)
ALEX Ryugami (plays Juzamjedis deck for the side event)
Juzamjedi (plays Aswan Jaguars deck for the side event)

---Round 2 6 players, 3 drop
Group D (2 matches)
#1 of Group A
#2 of Group C

Group E (2 matches)
#1 of Group B
#2 of Group A

Group F (2 matches)
#1 of Group C
#2 of Group B

---Round3 (final) top 3 players
Group G (6 matches)
#1 of Group D
#1 of Group E
#1 of Group F

-->> 30 matches total, 28 days to play.

Shantak submitted his deck. First one without errors :)
240sxforever submitted his deck.There maybe points left to spend.

Turns out Alex´s initial list was legal and i did the mistake.

Legal decks:
Shantak, Aww1979, Stroggoii, Jatill, ALEX Ryugami , 240sxforever

Still missing decks:
Cognis , Aswan Jaguar , Juzamjedi

Please review your deck:
Stroggoii (Rules Engine:0 ! At least one of your cards is affected)
240sxforever (5 points left to spend unless i made a mistake)

The Tournament is full now.
I´m glad to not see the same deck being played by everybody.
I playtested all of them and i can guarantee you to expect really challenging games.Interestingly the submitted decks are all different so the c/u/r list seems to be a success.I was a bit nervous about the HP system, but my tests with the actual decks are very close most of the time.
I am currently playing <random> gauntlets of 5 just with the tournament decks + the 10 side event decks and can only finish like every 5th gauntlet - the AI is that strong! Going to be really fun.

---

Sideevent
Recently got a question about the Side event.Hope this covers everything:

You play a best of 1 against my chosen 10 decks (my decks as AI).
Its just 10 additional games this way, everybody should be able to squeeze those in somewhere.
The deck you are supposed to play these games with is written behind your name in Round 1.

This is optional ! You don´t have to play those games, i would cover the missing games if needed.
The scoring system is different there, but i can´t reveal this yet.You will know why when you see it.
May sound boring but this will enforce a very "interesting" play style that will affect your decision making quite a lot.
You will be surprised how innovative this is.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 30 Jan 2011, 23:44

I am still missing the decks of Aswan Jaguar and Juzamjedi.
It is January 31 (for me) now and i would really like to start the tournament in time.
Please use THIS VERSION(jan30) to play the games in the Limited Version.Don´t forget to re-adjust your Config.txt to RulesEngine:0 .

I will post the decks used for this tournament at the Report Topic in ~ 20 hours from now.Any illegal or non-existent decklist will be considered as a drop at that point.
Last edited by Salbei on 31 Jan 2011, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 31 Jan 2011, 00:40

Oy, it's still sunday afternoon here; haven't even had supper yet :p At least you have my deck already. I just wish the AI could've played my W/U control deck properly... (it won by running you out of cards with elixir of immortality :p) I'll have to settle for smashing with faerie rogues!
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 31 Jan 2011, 01:01

Well it is 2 am for me right now. 18 hours left to submit.Since i am the host i guess we are playing "over here".

You had several days to prepare for this and i´ve asked for submitting as early as possible.I will check my PM folder close before i post the tournament decks. If your deck isn´t in there by that time, then you are not playing - that easy.

I´ve already posted the schedule (report topic), hopefully this works out for everybody.2 weeks for round 1, 1 week for round 2 and the last week for the finals.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments