It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:17

Text Size

April Tournament Results (round 2 ends 4/24)

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: April Tournament Results (round 2 ends 4/24)

Postby AsceticTroll » 18 Apr 2011, 17:00

Oops, looks like I did fail to paste the results for Jatill vs Aswan (An easy 2-0 for Jatill, btw). Looks like it didn't affect the standings, but I apologize. Coincidentally, Jatill, your deck is almost card for card the same as the deck I nearly submitted. You abuse the Disk more heavily, though, and I give you mad props for that =)
AsceticTroll

Postby juzamjedi » 18 Apr 2011, 21:49

Here are my round 2 results.
*edit: originally played best of 3, played extra games to make it best of 5.

Ascetic Troll vs Jatill win 3-0
Game 1: T1 Flying Men, T2 Zephyr Falcon, T3 2x Unstable Mutation. AI's first spell is a turn 4 Colossus of Sardia, which I Unsummon (just because!) and win easily.
Game 2: I mulligan 1. T1 Flying Men, T3 Serendib Efreet, T4 Serendib Efreet, T5 Serendib Efreet. AI plays a T4 Suchi which is too little too late.
Game 3: I mulligan 1 to get a hand with Unstable Mutation. T2 Flying Men, T3 Serendib Efreet. AI plays disk so I just attack with these 2. AI disks and I play another Flying Man. Next turn I play 3x Unstable Mutation and attack for 10(!) AI plays a Colossus of Sardia that I unsummon for the still-had-all-these.

Jatill vs Ascetic Troll win 3-0
Game 1: I keep a hand that has Black Lotus, but needs Uza's Tower for tron. T1 Suchi, T3 Triskelion! AI played 3 Flying men so this is awesome for me. I run the still-had-all-these and play T4 Colossus :)
Game 2: Opening hand has tron so I keep. T3 Disk, T4 use disk and play another one. T5 I play Colossus and is unsummoned. I then disk again EOT untap and play Colossus + Triskelion. The only thing AI has left is flying men and I easily pound them.
Game 3: I mull 2 times to get mana. I play T1 Disk with lands left in my hand. AI has T1 Flying Men, T2 2x Unstable Mutation. T3 AI plays another Unstable Mutation and I respond to attack with Disk. Post combat he plays another Flying Men. I play another disk. AI plays another Unstable Mutation and bashes for 4 (I am at 8 now). I draw another disk so I pop this one and play my 3rd disk. I draw Triskelion - I still don't have Tron, but I have 6 lands so I play it. I get in 1 attack before AI plays Mahamoti Djinn (!). Next turn he gives the Djinn a mutation, so I ping the AI with Triskelion and pop the disk again. AI plays a Flying Man while I play 4th disk. I still don't have Tron so I can't cast the Colossi in my hand. I plays a Serendib Efreet so I pop the disk. I draw... Urza's Mine! Now I can cast 2 of the Colossus of Sardia I have in the same turn, and win the next turn.

Juzamjedi vs Stroggoii win 3-0
Game 1: I mulligan 1. T1 Merfolk (AI bolts it). T2 Merfolk and all I have left is lands. AI doesn't have any Taskmasters though, so I draw Lord and stall. I then play 3x Ancestral Recall in one turn and stall the ground. AI makes an attack I don't understand; it loses 3 creatures to deal me 3 damage (putting me to 14 life). AI casts Onulet and I let him have it. AI casts Ball Lightning which I counter. AI attacks anyway (not lethal) and I kill on the backswing.
Game 2: I have 2 Power Sink opening hand, so this game I play full on control role. I don't tap out and keep myself able to counter Taskmasters. I counter first Taskmaster on T5 and I have a small field keeping me at 14 life. We stare at each other for a while, now I have 2x lord and 3 pearl trident vs. a lot of random kobolds (no taskmaster). Somewhere around turn 10 I get Ancestral Recall and play 2 more lords. Next turn I draw another lord. Now, my men can attack and no one will die no matter how the AI blocks. Even if AI has Lightning Bolt I still have enough mana to power sink it. I attack and win.
Game 3: I keep a 1 land, 3 Lord of Atlantis Hand. I miss my first couple of land drops and play some Pearl Tridents, but hit on turn 4 and play my lord. Now I have 3x 2/2's vs. Taskmaster and 3x Sergeant. I play a lord on each of the next 3 turns. I attack with my Merfolk of Pearl Tridents and AI blocks with everything, losing a Taskmaster and a Sergeant. Next turn I swing with a huge team for lethal.

Stroggoii vs Juzamjedi win 3-0
Game 1: I keep a hand with Lightning Bolt and multiple Taskmasters. I bolt lord early for the blowout, and eventually my team of Taskmasters + other kobolds build large enough to push through for win.
Game 2: I mulligan 1 to find Lightning Bolt. I build up a small army, and like last game I make an attack where Lightning Bolt kills a lord and 3 for 1 blow out the AI. Smooth sailing after that!
Game 3: Keep a 1 land hand with 2x Lightning Bolt. I Bolt the T2 lord, draw a mountain and play a Sergeant. AI plays Ancestral Recall and 2 Pearl Trident. T3 Onulet. T4 AI plays a lord and pass. I attack with team, bolt the Lord and wipe AI's field. AI then counters 3 of my next 4 spells, but I have creatures (he doesn't) so it doesn't matter. AI plays a lord when he has 3 life left and I untap and bolt for the win.

I will point out that I actually played Stroggoii's deck twice and provided the best result here. The first time I played the match it was pretty lopsided; but, if you mulligan for Lightning Bolt you can win with Stroggoii's deck.
Last edited by juzamjedi on 19 Apr 2011, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby jatill » 19 Apr 2011, 12:14

juzamjedi, this round is best of 5, so you need to play some more games
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 19 Apr 2011, 19:04

jatill (3-1) ... kept 3 lands and never drew the 4th :(
Troll (3-0)

juzamjedi (3-0)
strogollii (3-2)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby ALEX Ryugami » 21 Apr 2011, 09:35

Finally, here are the reports!

Group C

Ascetic Troll vs jatill 1-3
Games | Open
Game 1: Got early assault with Birds but they were blown up with the Disk. Then Colossus entered the battlefield and I lost
Game 2: AI got early Lotus and Su-Chi but I bounced it, I then won the game because AI didn't put any threats.
Game 3: Same with the first game
Game 4: AI could pull Urzatron quickly and I lost because of the Colossuses
Game 5:

Jatill vs Ascetic Troll 3-0
Games | Open
Game 1: My opening hand consisted with a set of Urzatron (how lucky!) and had and easy victory with three Triskelions
Game 2: Accidentally misplayed my Disk and I got to 2 life. But luckily I can pull another Disk to blew the world. Then I win with Colossus
Game 3: Another easy win. Triskelion is really good against 1/1 fliers who are going to be enchanted with the Mutation, thus making a 2-for-1 advantage (or even more!) for me
Game 4:
Game 5:

Group D

juzamjedi vs Stroggoii 3-0
Games | Open
Game 1: TRIBAL WARS!! By the way, juzam's deck is waaay faster than Stroggoii's
Game 2: AI stuck at one land... and I won easily
Game 3: I won the game easily again
Game 4:
Game 5:

Stroggoii vs juzamjedi 2-3
Games | Open
Game 1: Always aim your Lightning Bolts at Lord of Atlantis, it will ease your game
Game 2: Had good early start, but I ran out of gas when the AI able to cast two(!) Ancestral Recalls in one turn to refill its hand, and I was short at Bolt to hit the Merfolk Lord
Game 3: Now I had enough Bolts to kill the Merfolk Lord, but still not an easy game for me
Game 4: Same with second game
Game 5: AI casted four(!) Lord of Atlantises when I only had two Kobold Drill Sergeants and single Kobold Taskmaster, which weren't big enough to went through the AI
ALEX Ryugami

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Apr 2011, 08:44

GROUP C

Jatill vs Ascetic Troll 1-3 | Open
GAME 1 I never got a 4th land or Urzatron to cast anything.
GAME 2 The disk clears first AI creatures and Urzatron supplys mana for fatties to win.
GAME 3 I cleared the field with a disk I cast with Black Lotus but once more no 4th land or Urzatron.
GAME 4 A Zephyr Falcon with 3Mutation hits for 10 in 2t!,for 7 3t,I am at 3life AI at 20 I kill Zephyr Falcon with 2 Triskelion s and put AI to 8life.Then I disk in 3t 3 consecutive Mahamoti Djinn,I disk one more but hell I didn't draw a Single creature other than 2 Triskelion in my opening hand and lost to a Phantom Monster but disk was not ready to use.

Ascetic Troll vs jatill 3-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI missed first land drop(had land in hand)but with 2 Flying Men x 3 Mutation didn't have a chance.
GAME 2 AI missed 2 land drops(had lands in hand) a disk cast with Black Lotus only held me back for a while.
GAME 3 AI missed again 2,3 land drops....

NOTE It was like a conspiracy of the game against Jatill either in my hands(didn't draw enough mana or creatures) and in the hands of AI it missed land drops every single game!I didn't notice smt similar with missed land drops in the first round with Jatills deck in AI hands.

GROUP D

juzamjedi vs Stroggoii 3-1 | Open
GAME 1 2 Ancestral Recall s give great start.
GAME 2 The same.
GAME 3 I didn't get a single Lord of Atlantis even with an Ancestral Recall while AI got the best possible cards.
GAME 4 AI's inability to play well with Ball Lightning s wins the game for me.

Stroggoii vs juzamjedi 1-3 | Open
GAME 1 AI corners me with lots of creatures 2 Ancestral Recall s helped him for that while I had to mulligan to 6 to get a land.Boomerang s my Task Master casts a 3 Ancestral Recall and his army is unstoppable.
GAME 2Even ta first but my 4-5 lands couldn't compete with 8 AI lands and 4 Mana Drain s that stopped all my plays.
GAME 3 AI drained 3 consecutive spells but 2 Task Master + 2 Drill Sergeant stayed long enough.
GAME 4 4 Lord of Atlantis and 3 Mana Drains get me.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jatill » 22 Apr 2011, 13:49

What a beating. My deck with 26 lands and 4 Lotus seems to never draw enough land! Guess that's what I get for having 10 nine-drops.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby AsceticTroll » 22 Apr 2011, 18:10

I finally learned how to use the spoiler function--I feel like that's a rite of passage of some sort. Anyhow, 3-0 all games. I'll post how they went just for fun.

Groups C and D | Open
Jatill vs AsceticTroll (3-0)
1: I can't assemble a tron, but disk-ing my su-chi gives me enough mana for Triskelions
2: Triskelion really is a beast against blue aggro
3: See game 2

AsceticTroll vs Jatill (3-0)
1: AI only dropped one land all game
2: He drops and pops three consecutive Disks, but I keep dropping threats to slowly win.
3: Opening hand was 2x island, Flying Man, 3x Unstable Mutation. GG.

Stroggoi vs Juzamjedi (3-0)

1: I almost have a heart attack when the AI drops. . . Ulamog's Crusher! I completely forgot to switch to Limited.
1.2: Our taskmasters and lords face off for a while, until a string of Ball Lightnings punch through.
2: Combat tricks with Lightning Bolts take out 4 Lords.
3: The AI sat on cards and open mana all three games, but this last game I only saw 5 islands and 2 Merfolk.

Juzamjedi vs Stroggoi (3-0)
1: Quick win.
2: we trade lightning bolts and power sinks for a while. Two of my Lords stick, and Boomerangs clear their way.
3: Same
AsceticTroll

Postby juzamjedi » 26 Apr 2011, 22:23

Juzamjedi as human win 3-0
Game 1: T1 Pearl Trident, T2 Pearl Trident, T3 Ancestral Recall + Lord. At this point AI has a Flying Man in play. He unsummons my lord and trades with a Pearl Trident. T4 replay Lord and Power Sink his Phantom Monster. T5 let him have Flying Man, but Power Sink his Zephyr Falcon (so my Lord can attack next turn). T6 AI plays 2x Unstable Mutation on his Flying Man, I Boomerang the Flying Man mid-combat and win easily from there.
Game 2: T1 Pearl Trident. T2 Lord. T3 Lord + Pearl Trident. T4 kill. AI had 3x Flying Men and a Serendib Efreet, but my draw was even faster + I played first.
Game 3: T1 Ancestral Recall. T2 Lord. AI misses a land drop and plays Unstable Mutation on his Flying Man. T3 I play 2x Pearl Trident + Ancestral Recall #2. AI misses on land again and plays another Unstable Mutation. T4 I play another Lord and Pearl Trident. AI makes it scary with Unstable Mutation #3 (!) but I drop to 3 and swing back for lethal. I win a very close game with only 3 life left!

Ascetic Troll as human lose 2-3
Game 1: T1 Flying Man, AI plays Pearl Trident. T2 Flying Man + Unstable Mutation, AI plays Lord. T3 Zephyr Falcon, AI plays Lord #2. We are now tied at 12 life each. T4 Phantom Monster, AI plays Lord #3; I don't even have a Boomerang so I die for exactsies :-/
Game 2: I mull to 6. The 6 card hand is 1 land, but it is all 1 drops and 2 drops so I keep. T1 Flying Man, no AI play. T2 miss land drop Flying Man #2, AI plays Pearl Trident. T3 Zephyr Falcon, AI plays Ancestral Recall + Pearl Trident. T4 I have a tough choice. I have another Zephyr Falcon, Unsummon and 2x Unstable Mutation, but only 2 Islands. I decide to Unstable Mutation my Zephyr Falcon, and if AI plays a Lord I will unsummon it and kill a Pearl Trident mid-combat. Instead, AI untaps and Boomerang's my Falcon and swings for 2. T5 I draw Island so now I play Zephyr Falcon + Unstable Mutation. Mid-combat the AI plays a second Boomerang on my mutated man :-/ AI still doesn't have a lord though so I am way ahead on life. T6 I replay Flying Man and then Zephyr Falcon, AI plays a lord to attack so now life totals are 14-8 my favor. I swing for 4 in the air, play a Serendib post-combat that gets countered. AI has no more plays. Next turn I untap and swing, AI has no Boomerangs so I win it 10-0
Game 3: T1 no play, AI has Pearly Trident. T2 Zephyr Falcon, AI plays Lord. T3 Serendib, AI Boomerangs him and attacks for 4. T4 Phantom Monster, AI plays another Lord and attacks for 9. I don't have an Unsummon so now I am just too far behind and dead to AI's board position.
Game 4: I mull to 6 and it's a beauty. T1 Flying Man, AI Pearl Trident. T2 2x Unstable Mutation (!), AI plays Lord. T3 I play Unstable Mutation #3; now the AI is just dead unless he has Boomerang. He doesn't so I kill him on T4.
Game 5: T1 Flying Man, AI Pearl Trident. T2 2x Flying Man, AI Lord. T3 Zephyr Falcon + Unstable Mutation one of my Flying Men, AI plays Lord #2 + Ancestral Recall. Uh oh I am 12 life and AI is 13. I play another Unstable Mutation and hope for the best. AI untaps plays another Lord and kills me before I can kill him. I lose for exactsies again, 0-4 :-/
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby ALEX Ryugami » 28 Apr 2011, 06:20

Who would ever thought that both decks on final are monoblue!! Even same color and same archetype (aggro,) both of them have different build. Anyways, here are my reports:

juzamjedi vs. Ascetic Troll 3-1
Games | Open
Game 1: Lord of Atlantis just like give the Merfolks unblockable, and I win easily.
Game 2: Opening hand is full with Merfolks and some Islands, and another easy game for me.
Game 3: An early Flying Men with three(!) Unstable Mutations win the game easily.
Game 4: Almost lost in this game, but I have two Lord of Atlantises to make my entire Merfolk army unblockable.
Game 5:

Ascetic Troll vs. juzamjedi 3-2
Games | Open
Game 1: AI got three Lord of Atlantises and I don't have anything to handle them.
Game 2: Another lost because I keep wrong hand. Sorry Troll
Game 3: Finally, another strikeback with Zephyr Falcon and three Unstable Mutations. I got Unsummon to handle Lord of Atlantis, and yipee! I win the game :D
Game 4: Lucky that I can Unsummon a Lord to kill another one, and AI just only have those two and not put any threat after that.
Game 5: I keep a risky hand with one land, but luckily it ends like the third game, but just change Zephyr Falcon with Flying Men.
ALEX Ryugami

Postby jatill » 28 Apr 2011, 13:23

juzamjedi (3-1) Lost 1 game where I kept 5 land and 2 spells
troll (1-3) Islandwalk was too hard to overcome.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby AsceticTroll » 29 Apr 2011, 19:42

I'll play these matches as soon as I can and post results here. In the meantime, it looks like my deck doesn't stand a chance!
AsceticTroll

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 May 2011, 10:42

juzamjedi vs. Ascetic Troll 3-0.It was an islandwalk thing all 3 games.The closest I got to a victory was getting AI to 4life.

Ascetic Troll vs. juzamjedi 0-3 .It was an islandwalk thing all 3 games and with me not having more than 1 Unstable Mutaton in all 3 games I couldn't over race AI.

Juzamjedi's deck had a huge advantage in this match up.In my games Ascetic Toll was also unlucky not to draw-play even a second Unstable Mutation.(As player and as AI)
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Previous

Return to Tournaments