It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:28

Text Size

JULY TOURNAMENT EDH FINAL round ends 5 August

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

JULY TOURNAMENT EDH FINAL round ends 5 August

Postby Aswan jaguar » 16 Jun 2011, 17:12

I decided to ran the EDH tournament,submit your decks as soon as possible.At least 6 decks should be submitted.
Send them by pm to me.
Here are the rules.Name the deck: EDH_your name_deck's name

1. Your deck must be exactly 105 cards, with no duplicates other than basic land (this rule is not enforced by the game engine).
2. 1 of those 105 cards must be the EDH card, and there must be 5 copies of your General included in those 105 cards.
3. Your general is any Legendary creature. Cards in your deck MUST share colors with your General. For example, if your General is Nicol Bolas, you may use Red, Blue, and Black cards in any combination. So no Llanowar Elf (green), Death Grasp (white), or Stalker Hag (green hybrid).
4. You start at 40 life. If you take 21 points of damage from your opponent's general, you lose.
5. Whenever you could play a creature, you can active the EDH card to put a copy of your general into play by paying its mana cost. The next time you use this ability it will cost 2 additional mana.
6. You get 1 free mulligan
7. Additional mana is represented on the EDH card by tombstones. Damage dealt by your general is represented by +1/+1 counters on the EDH card.

Official Banned list

* Ancestral Recall
* Balance
* Biorhythm
* Black Lotus
* Coalition Victory
* Channel
* Emrakul, the Aeons Torn *NEW*
* Fastbond
* Gifts Ungiven
* Kokusho, the Evening Star
* Karakas
* Library of Alexandria
* Limited Resources
* Lion's Eye Diamond
* Metalworker
* Mox Sapphire, Ruby, Pearl,Emerald and Jet
* Painter's Servant
* Panoptic Mirror
* Protean Hulk
* Recurring Nightmare
* Staff of Domination
* Sway of the Stars
* Time Vault
* Time Walk
* Tinker
* Tolarian Academy
* Upheaval
* Worldgorger Dragon
* Yawgmoth's Bargain

# Additionally the following legends may not be used as a Commander:

* Braids, Cabal Minion

* Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Banned as Generals:

As we know from the other EDH tournament we played AI is worse at this tournament so AI wins will score more.

player-AI 2-0 2p-0p
player-AI 2-1 2p-1,5p
player-AI 1-2 1p-3p
player-AI 0-2 0p-5p
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 31 Jul 2011, 19:44, edited 5 times in total.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: JULY TOURNAMENT EDH

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Jul 2011, 11:53

We play best of 3 for this round.

After lottary:

GROUP A
Shantak
Stroggoii
Nicdanger*
240sxforever

GROUP B
Juzamjedi
Jatill
Cognis*
Aswan Jaguar

Best 2 of each group pass to next round.Best of 5 for this and last round to give AI moree chances to win
A1 - B2
B1 - A2

PRIZE (if Jatill or Gargaroz will be willing for that)
Winner 1 card
Deck which scores more AI wins and is not the winner (very unlikely) 1 card.

* these 2 decks are decks that were submitted but didn't compete (second choices)in last EDH tournament,but will have a chance to compete even win now. :)

Post your results here,for anything else use the other post.

Official entry of Aswan Jaguar- Leon deck.
Attachments
EDH_tourny decks.rar
New deck file with working version Nicdanger deck+Original deck of Aswan Jaguar Leon.
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 09 Jul 2011, 09:51, edited 3 times in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: JULY TOURNAMENT EDH 1st round ends 17 July

Postby Stroggoii » 02 Jul 2011, 21:35

I can't open de 1EDH-Visara deck wich I guess was meant to be the Ob Nixilis deck.
Stroggoii

Postby Stroggoii » 02 Jul 2011, 23:54

GROUP 1

Shantak VS 240sxforever 2-1 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Win thru Wall of Reverence and Felidar Sovereign, AI only hit me once with a Putrid Leech.
ROUND 2 1/1
I don't draw beyond 4 lands and my only play being Stoneforge into Batterskull if ruined by a Putrefy on my Stoneforge before I can play the skull. When I'm finally able to tutor for Sol Ring I'm already facing Karador and a couple critters at 6 life.
ROUND 3 2/1
After a very long game in wich I didn't see more than three lands in my hand for over ten turns, I start dropping lands and win in one hit from Akroma equipped with SoWaP and SoLaS plus damage AI did to itself with Necropotence.

Shantak VS Stroggoii 2/1 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Creature war, no life totals go below 40, I win out of Test of Endurance.
ROUND 2 1/1
AI wraths the board, I Play Ajani, AI plays Rafiq, equips him with SoLaS, Rancor and Lightning Greaves, I draw no sweeper or creature and being at 208 life doesn't mean shit when you're being two-hit KO'd by general damage.
ROUND 3 2/1
Win thru a super pumped Victory's Herald with both swords, Ajani pumps and Elesh Norn on the field.

Shantak VS Nicdanger* 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Ob Nixilis deck kills every single thing I play but doesn't play any threats at all or tries to win, it's like an internet troll made a deck. Ajani Avatar + Lightning Greaves win the game.
ROUND 2 2/0
Put greaves to my Baneslayer when AI is tapped out and proceed to kick ass.

240sxforever VS Shantak 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Iona says White.
ROUND 2 2/0
And again Iona says white, it's very easy to do this and then diminish the oponent's field permanent for permanent in this deck.

240sxforever VS Stroggoii 2/1 WIN
ROUND 1 0/1
A turn 1 Ascendant equipped turn three with Loxodon Warhammer for wich I didn't get an answer till I was down to 6 really put me down, I controled the field untill AI put down a Titan and tutored for the boots, playing both for the kill.
ROUND 2 1/1
Long game or creature killing till I got Akroma down and punched thru for the win.
ROUND 3 2/1
Elesh controled the little threats while I destroyed the would be dangerous permanents, long but easy.

240sxforever VS Nicdanger* 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Very long and boring heavy control game won by my Blinkmoth.
ROUND 2 2/0
Again, long as hell game of I kill this you kill that, no one plays anything that stays. Till I play Iona, she says black and I finally can finish this up.

Stroggoii VS 240sxforever 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Turn one Sol Ring, turn two Augustin, turn three SoBam and Greaves, turn four Rafiq. AI couldn't cast one single spell.
ROUND 2
Mul Daya equipped with SoFaI and Basilisk Collar crashed the game, no advantage was obvious yet.
ROUND 2 Replay 2/0
I got quite mad at AI being able to Naturalize my Elspeth so I exiled it's lands with Karn and didn't let it play anything else. Won thru Rafiq damage.

Stroggoii VS Shantak 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
First turns were of relentless control on both sides but I got a very fast mana opening with Sol Ring and two Signets so I could keep playing creatures, eventually beated an empty field (after three sweeps) with a Titan wearing Boots, SoFaI, SoV and Batterskull.
ROUND 2 2/0
Venser turned out to be an awesome Lure as AI kept attacking into my Wall of Denial trying to hit him, I eventually played Keldoran Outpost, SoBaM (first hit milled Sovereign and Test so I was no longer pressured to be on the offensive), Elspeth and Beastmaster's Assension going swarm on it.

Stroggoii VS Nicdanger* 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Baited AI removal with Elspeth tokens, then one-hit killed it with an equipped and pumped Rafiq.
ROUND 2 2/0
Rafiq doesn't afraid of anything, speciall with Jace on his back.

Nicdanger* VS Shantak 1/2 LOSS
ROUND 1 0/1
AI plays Test turn five, Beacon turn six, I'm doomed.
ROUND 2 1/1
Guiltfeeder won me the game.
ROUND 3 1/2 LOSS
This one I don't know how to judge, in the end there was Akroma, two Wurm tokens and a Student of Warfare backed by Noble Purpose against my Guiltfeeder, Ob Nixilis, Titan and 4 Zombies, during combat phase Guiltfeeder wasn't blocked and took AI's life to -9, then combat phase went thru and AI emerged with 11 life, killing me with Akroma next turn. Under modern rules, I won, under Manalink rules, AI won. Who do we give the win to? EDIT: We're playing Manalink rules.

Nicdanger* VS 240sxforever 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Glad I had Cabal Coffers cause AI kept killing my creatures again and again, recurrig Ob was most of the damage till a Nightmare stood and kicked in for the win.
ROUND 2 2/0
Tutored for Coffers to repeat, this time Visara and Juggernaut did the most damage.

Nicdanger* VS Stroggoii 1/2 LOSS
ROUND 1 1/0
Perfect game, drew coffers at 4, didn't miss a single land drop, Black Knight kept AI in check, tutored Plague Wind and one-hit killed with Ob Nixilis.
ROUND 2 1/1
Rafiq got Zephid's Embrace, my sacrifice removal never hit him since AI had other critters.
ROUND 3 1/2 LOSE
AI's got too many fliers for my removal, including a turn two Serra Ascendant. I never draw mass removal or tutors and draw Mirror Universe one turn too late.

I think the best deck of this group is For Life wich can win regardless of great starts unlike Rafiq and Karador, Ob Nixilis is too easy to disrupt, just kill Ob and bait it's removal and you're good.
Last edited by Stroggoii on 07 Jul 2011, 03:16, edited 4 times in total.
Stroggoii

Postby Shantak » 04 Jul 2011, 19:13

Edit: Group A finished.

GROUP A
Shantak
Stroggoii
Nicdanger
240sxforever

Round 1

Group A

Match1 finished
Shantak vs Stroggoii | Open
Game1:
open game
Score: 1-0
Notes: Serra Ascendant with Empyrial Plate gets one big hit before I Chastise it. Bottle Gnomes hold back Rafiq for one turn and then it's Hallowed Burial (too bad it doesn't get rid of Rafiq of the Many for good in Manalink). I'm a bit short on mana, but afret cheaply returning Eternal Dragon a few times (also with Sword of Light and Shadow) I'm okay. AI's Rafiq turns to Pacifism while I finally finish with 60/60 Serra Avatar wielding Sword of Light and Shadow.

Game2:
clear win
Score: 2-0
Notes: I spend Journey to Nowhere on Qasali Pridemage to protect my Sword of War and Peace. Then Gideon Jura wields it and then I win in three turns.

Summary:
Equipment granting Protection from White was essential for me in this game. Also dealing with Rafiq - without a removal the first game might have turned into a loss in few turns. Didn't get the special win condition cards, but I had enough life for both of them.
Result: 2-0
Match2 finished
Stroggoi vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes:
I lose my Sword of S&L to Divine Offering and in turn remove AI's Witch Hunter before he becomes annoying. Then my Stoic Angel gets a boost from Rafiq, grabs Sword of Feast and Famine in one hand, Loxodon Warhammer in the other and kicks some righteous ass (and then heads to Nowhere and Rafiq himself has to deal the last blow).

Game2:
clear loss
Score: 1-1
Notes:
AI gets second turn Serra Ascendant and I have no removal. I try to find something with Eladrami's Call and get my own Ascendant. He journeys to Nowhere. Stoic Angel slows AI only one turn and I'm dead as a doornail.

Game3:
clear win
Score: 2-1
Notes:
AI starts slow while I have Sol Ring, get Venser the Sojouner to play and get to unleash his ultimate. With that on my side, the rest of the game isn't even remotely challenging.

Summary:
Each match ended too early for me to say much more about this pairing. Removal is really crucial with creatures like Serra Ascendant and Rafiq of the Many in game and if you miss a spell it may be over real quickly.
Result: 2-1
Match3 finished
Shantak vs Nicdanger | Open
Game1:
open game Without Inkmoth Nexus and the pro-black Sword... AI might have killed me. I had Witch Hunter in my hand, but he's easy to remove and AI had Nekrataal.
Notes: After the free mulligan I take a hand with six lands and Tithe. After some turns I get Serra Ascendant but it gets removed. AI gets Ob Nixilis, but I equip Sword of Light and Shadow on my Inkmoth Nexus, confident that I will get Serra Ascendant back in my hand when it hits... But I don't. That's Infect damage, but under my grasp of rules I still should get a creature back, so that's a bug. Luckily AI doesn't get lands to boost Ob Nix and always taps out, so my Sword-wielding Inkmoth really does kill him with poison.

Game2:
open game
Notes: I take Sol Ring with first-turn Enlightened Tutor, but I'm unsure if that's the wisest choice. It turns out okay,as I get Mirran Crusader next and manage to cast Victory's Herald soon. With Lightning Greaves, it really seems herald my victory... until AI hits me with Damnation. I'm slowed down more when AI grabs my Herald with Beacon of Unrest and equips it with Loxodon Warhammer. Though my Ajani's Pridemate keeps growing, I have to cast Hallowed Burial to make sure AI's life doesn't get to far (he's already at 41 while he once was in 12) and try again now that I have mana for Elesh Norn. AI can't get the advantage again and I win through Elesh, Yosei and Gideon.

Summary:
Well, the first game was a bit surprising. I thought I would never kill anyone with Inkmoth Nexus but I did, thanks to the Sword. The second game was really even, but my cards in the end game were better (or AI didn't just cast his best cards).

Match4 finished
Nicdanger vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: AI starts nice with Stoneforge Mystic, but rather attacks with it than uses it to put equipment to play. I wonder if AI got Batterskull... I see no equipment in AI's hand... that's too bad... (took Iona). As AI has land problems until he casts Tithe, I just put a good army of creatures on the battlefield and hammer away.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: AI gets some nice artifacts (Mimic Vat, Sword of War and Peace, Loxodon Warhammer) but no creatures other than Stoneforge Mystic before I kill him.

Summary:
Well, AI is bad with Stoneforge Mystic, it seems, but I had pretty solid cards myself so he would have needed both better cards and better playing to win me, I think.
Match5 finished
Shantak vs 240sxforever | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: AI can't use Orzhov Basilica, causing him to miss land drops. I get some life with Knight of Meadowgrain and grab Test of Endurance with Enlightened Tutor.

Game2:
clear loss
Score: 1-1
Notes: I'm stuck at two Plains while AI has plenty of lands. Maze of Ith, Pacifism and Spirit Link slow AI some, but I never get any more mana sources so I could cast Wrath of God and win the game for me. Bad luck, I had a killer hand otherwise.

Game3:
clear win
Score: 2-1
Notes: We both had plenty of mana, but after using some removal spells AI has no more tricks and my Serra Avatar smashes him.

Summary:
I didn't get a clear idea of the other deck yet, as two games were decided with the lack of mana sources. It seems bouncelands should be avoided in competative EDH decks since AI can't use those.

Result: 2-1
Match6 finished
240sxforever vs Shantak | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: I'm missing my second white mana while AI plays with Batterskull. Sterling Grove gives me Pernicious Deed to reset the battlefield. I then get Darksteel Ingot with Enlightened Tutor and finally get to cast Necropotence. In a few turns, Akroma and White Sun's Zenith do enough damage to win the game for me.

Game2:
tough win
Notes: Elesh Norn and Wurmcoil Engine with Sword of War and Piece causes problems for me. I grow my Rachet Bomb, grab Pernicious Deed with Idyllic Tutor, take big damage, but then finally try to clear the board with first blowing up Rachet Bomb and then Pernicious Deed. Unfortunately, AI put Wurmcoil into Mimic Vat when it blew and then copied it when I activated the Deed, and AI end up with two small wurms. Decree of Justice gives me two blockers when I'm in 6 life and AI in 61. Then White Sun's Zenith gives me even more creatures so I can attack with my two angels. Then I draw and cast Chord of Calling, get Iona, draw Akroma and massacre AI with my angelic host.

Summary:
Playing this deck gave me more variety where my own deck is more of a one-trick pony (and AI isn't even that good with lifegain strategy). There was luck involved too, however. It seemed like there should be some more targets for Sterling Grove, as I think the only choices were Pernicious Deed (which saved me twice though) and Necropotence (which won me the game once). If you draw both of those, Sterling Grove doesn't do much.
Match7 finished
Stroggoii vs Nicdanger | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: I start with Venser and Jace. These two together give me full control of the game and let Rafiq do 21 damage.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Trygon Predator wielding three Swords and strinking double strikes is pretty effective and fun. Not so much for AI.

Summary:
Really effective cards in this deck. Sword of This and That is really lots of fun with double strike :)
Match8 finished
Nicdanger vs Stroggoii | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: Used Mind Twist to bring AI from 4 to 0 cards. AI had plenty of equipment but didn't draw creatures to block my attackers and didn't have blue mana for Rafiq until it was too late.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: AI started by failing with Kjeldoran Outpost (the first land he played) and the second land is Gaea's Cradle. After that first Mind Twist and then Mind Sludge keep AI's hand empty while Phyrecian Arena fills mine.

Summary:
Black control was fun to play and didn't really give AI much choice, even if it did have bad hands.

Match9 finished
Stroggoii vs 240sxforever | Open
Game1:
clear win
Notes: I have three Swords in my opening hand. Rafiq gets to wield two (one gets Naturalized) before killing opponent who can't block the now Pro-White legend.

Game2:
clear win
Notes: Rafiq of the Many smash with Loxodon Warhammer! Grr! AI didn't have luck with removal and when it finally got Vindicate, it used it on the Warhammer (wouldn't have really mattered at this point).

Summary:
Really explosive games. Rafiq is plain evil when he's equipped and can't be blocked.
Match10 finished
240sxforever vs Stroggoii | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Serra Ascendant gets to hit me once before I Maelstrom Pulse it. I get plenty of removal and Mirran Crusader AI can't block. Then I Idyllic Tutor for Necropotence and the rest is easy.

Game2:
open game
Notes: Good, even game. Rachet Bomb destroyed two AI Swords. Karador (first time I summoned him) gave me my Mirran Crusader back after the bomb. Finally Elesh Norn gave me the last boost needed, I got AI to 5 life and... Wrath of God... Well, I get Karador, Ghost Chieftain back and he finishes the fight.

Summary:
I was unsure about this deck first, but it now seemed very fun. Plenty of removal and nice, effective creatures. Too bad Karador is so expensive to cast. I don't think his price is reduced in this game?
Match11 finished
Nicdanger vs 240sxforever | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: Mirran Crusader causes me some problem, but AI blows his Pernicious Deed, destroying my two-mana creatures and his Spectral Procession tokens. This lets me use Diabolic Edict to kill the Crusader. My third Ob Nixilis get to deal nice damage and I finish with Gauntlet of Power-boosted Drain Life.

Game2:
open game
Notes: Gauntlet of Power let me cast Mind Sludge and Nightmare. I even had Plague Wind in hand if needed, but Ob Nixilis did the job after Nightmare was StoPped.

Summary:
Gauntlet of Power was pretty significant in these games. The new Caged Sun from New Phyrexia might be even better (even if it matter in this game). AI didn't get to do much.
Match12 finished
240sxforever vs Nicdanger | Open
Game1:
open game
Notes: AI had plenty of land, but I had removal for Ob Nox. The game went on very slowly until I finally had mana for entwined Tooth and Nail: Akroma and Iona. I was in 25 life when I won, but Horizon Canopy probably caused more life loss than AI did.

Game2:
open game
Notes: Demonic Tutored for Mirran Crusader but Nevinyrral's Disk finally finished him. Luckily Karador then knew how to summon him back.

Summary:
Getting enough mana for Karador seems very hard. I don't think he's that powerful that he needs to cost eight. Also, I felt my graveyard didn't have enough creatures for him to be of real use, as he has a pretty mediocore body.

Group A
240sxforever - 7.5
Shantak - 7.5
Stroggoii - 6
Nicdanger - 6
Last edited by Shantak on 09 Jul 2011, 20:40, edited 5 times in total.
Shantak

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Jul 2011, 13:30

Shantak vs Stroggoii 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 I had mana problems and Rafiq,of the Many equipped brought me down.
GAME 2 Sweeep the board with Hallowed Burial,and turn7 win with Felidar Sovereign
GAME 3 AI land problems-easy

Stroggoii vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Final Judgement doesn't stop me for long.
GAME 2 Generals rule + Rafiq,of the Many and AI not getting this rule end this.

Comments:AI not getting the Generals rule is the worst disadvantage of EDH games even our poor AI would be a lot more competitive!

Shantak vs Nicdanger 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite decides the winner
GAME 2 Stoneforge Mystic brings the appropriate Sword and Mirran Crusader is unstoppable , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite makes things easier.

Nicdanger vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Easy.
GAME 2 Ob Nixilis equipped with Loxodon Warhammer end this.Forcing AI discard 4 cards helped a lot.

Shantak vs 240sxforever 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Mirran Crusader and Gideon Jura for the win.
GAME 2 1t Serra Ascendant with little help wins.I end with 264 life!

240sxforever vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Hallowed Burial stops me for a while and makes the game really slow,unfortunately after that AI freeze and didn't play anything.
GAME 2 -

July 6
Stroggoii vs Nicdanger 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI lost first land drop I had really fast hand,Sol Ring,Mana Vault.Early Genesis and then Grand Arbiter Augustin gave great advantage.
GAME 2 -

Nicdanger VS Stroggoii 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI after playing an oracle froze and it is peculiar because it didn't have to many cards on graveyard or in play.
GAME AI fought well but I had more removal and AI only 1.A Black Knight pumped and Ob Nixilis end it.

Stroggoii vs 240sxforever 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI cleared the board once but I already had the life advantage and Rafiq,of the Many is cheaper and finished it with help from Butterscull.
GAME 2 AI killed my first 3 creatures but I had more land and creatures to win this.

240sxforever vs Stroggoii 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 I wrote in a haste with a bad pen and .... :oops:
GAME 2 A long game I clear the board 2 times with global effects.I play Loxodon Hierarch and 1 more creature sweep the lands and win.

12 JULY
Nicdanger vs 240sxforever 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Animate Dead for Sundering Titan destroying 3 AI land was incredible+a little help from Ob Nixilis for the win.
GAME 2 I have serious land problems AI gets me to 16 before I can play Nekrataal,then Ob Nixilis who gets Swords of Plowshares.AI doesn't put a 4 charge counter to Ratchet Bomb and clear my 2 creatures then AI "freezes" and I win with Nekrataal,Ob Nixilis AI had Global disasters in hand + Ratchet Bomb in play to kill my creatures but.....

240sxforever vs Nicdanger 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Elesh Norn enters kills AI creatures and gets killed but then Iona stops AI,or I think she does and as an answer AI plays the Disk!The only card that could save him.A question is it correct for AI to play his General while I have stopped black from being cast?or the General rule doesn't take into consideration Elesh Norn effect? But I have in hand Diabolic Tutor I get-play a destroy Artifact and I get off the hook.
GAME 2 I finally cast Ullamog then Iona!

GROUP A
Shantak 6
Stroggoii 7,5
Nicdanger 6
240sxforever 6
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 12 Jul 2011, 08:24, edited 3 times in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Stroggoii » 07 Jul 2011, 03:17

Well I finished Group A, will do Group B tomorrow :)
Stroggoii

Postby jatill » 07 Jul 2011, 13:31

Group A: 2-0 for everyone
Group B: 2-0 for everyone

Do I win a prize for a perfect record? :)
Last edited by jatill on 12 Jul 2011, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Stroggoii » 09 Jul 2011, 04:01

Juzamjedi VS Jatill 1/2 LOSS
ROUND 1 0/1
Turn one Serra Ascendant, no removal, I'm doomed.
ROUND 2 1/1
And he did it twice! Lucky this time I had Bone Shredder. I won thru creatures equipped with the pro-white swords.
ROUND 3 1/2
Just couldn't compete with the soldiers' perfect timing in land and creature drops, my mana base was intermitent and three of my creatures got removed on sight. Then I was raced in damage by Baneslayer and friends.

Juzamjedi VS Cognis 2/1 WIN
ROUND 1 0/1
Once again I don't go beyond four lands while AI keeps playing bomb after bomb, ruining my hand with Hypnotic Specter, my field with the Evincar and illegaly killing my Thrun with Visara. Then he goes and cosncripts the specter to ruin me even more.
ROUND 2 1/1
AI stopped playing at all after a Damnation.
ROUND 3 2/1
The Oracle of Mul Daya fixed my mana, Gaddock Teeg prohibited sweepers and Elesh Norn made my creatures bigger than the Evincar's.

Juzamjedi VS Aswan Jaguar 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
After AI wasted it's removal in my land-drawing weenies, with Mul Daya, Baloths, Emeria Angel and Cobra all in play at the same time I build an army of killer tokens.
ROUND 2 2/0
While AI started really bomby, Sheoldred + Bone Shredder decimated it's army turn by turn and she won the 50-18 underdog matchup by herself.

Jatill VS Juzamjedi 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Big pumped Yosei won me the match.
ROUND 2 2/0
AI went completely dumb with Orzhov Basilica and died to an Ajani Serra Avatar.

Jatill VS Cognis 2/1 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Swarmed the AI whose's little to no plays made no difference.
ROUND 2 1/1
A Grave Titan was notthing to be afraid of, then AI played Akroma's Memorial and I went down. That thing really wins games on it's own.
ROUND 3 2/1
Went aggro again before AI could play anything meaningful.

Jatill VS Aswan Jaguar 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
I'm not sure if you should be able to recycle Strip Mine with Sun Titan but I did and kept AI landless and thanks to Gideon's lure into my wall of critters, creatureless as well.
ROUND 2 2/0
Very close match, Mirror Entity, Pacifism on Jareth and Hero of the Bladehold were the key plays.

Cognis VS Juzamjedi 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Veeeeeeeeeeery long game of being mana screwed and against a KoTR equipped with SoLaS, I eventually got to Evincar pumping my creatures and alpha striking.
ROUND 2 2/0
Conscription on Will-O-The Whisp, lol.

Cognis VS Jatill 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Very long game of The Abyss and Underworld Dreams slowly killing AI, Visara aided while I could keep playing Evincar for Abyss bait but eventually it turned into 13 turns of Underworld Dreams pinging the oponent cause it gained a lot of damn life with Baneslayer before it went down and I never saw more creatures in my hand.
ROUND 2 2/0
Sorin, Black Knight and Malakir Bloodwitch did their job.

Cognis VS Aswan Jaguar 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Gauntlet of Power and Cabal Coffers in my opening hand gave me a great edge.
ROUND 2 2/0
Dominated with Liliana, The Abyss and discards, then animated all the creatures in AI's cementery to kill it with them.

Aswan Jaguar VS Juzamjedi 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Was mana-screwed the whole game but my creatures were just better.
ROUND 2 2/0
With Stoneforge Mystic and Aven Squire in my opening hand went for SoLaS and since AI kept killing my Mystic as I sent it to attack I kept ressurecting her and adding more equipment to the aven for the win.

Aswan Jaguar VS Jatill 2/0 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Knight of Meadowgrain and Ajani's Pridemate are a great couple in my opening hand.
ROUND 2 2/0
Longbow Archer, Blade Splicer, Hero of the Bladehold, Captain of the Watch. Perfect tempo, AI played no removal.

Aswan Jaguar VS Cognis
ROUND 1 1/0
Weenie war, my weenies were better, specially Mirran Crusadier.
ROUND 2 2/0
Weenie war part 2, my weenies have equipment and Mirror Entity is on my side.

From this group I think the white decks are the strongest, Evincar is very fragile and the Karador deck has big tempo issues unless you get Mul Daya in your hand.
Stroggoii

Postby Shantak » 09 Jul 2011, 20:43

I'll have to warn that since I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and it'll take at least a week, it's likely that I don't have time to play Group B. If this happens, I hope you'll still allow my points for the first group, since it shouldn't matter if whole groups have a different number of games played.
Shantak

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Jul 2011, 21:16

Of course your results for group A will count.
It seems others are on vacation,too.I might give some more days for 1st round if we are only the 4 we have already submitted results besides the other 2 rounds have a lot less games so can be played in fewer days.
Have a nice trip man.
Please post here only results for everything else use the June tournament-EDH
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby 240sxforever » 12 Jul 2011, 03:47

Still working on matches...

Group A

Shantak vs Stroggoii 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 Victory's herald and Test of endurance win without much opposition.
GAME 2 Started the game with 3 Mana producing land and never drew another. A single maze of ith and a student of warefare were not enough to hold off 2 titans, a man land and a Serra's ascendant.
Game 3 Game crash the turn before I set off Elspeth Tirel...
Game 4 Solemn Similacrum with an Eldrazi Conscription turn 4 goes the distance

Stroggoii vs Shantak 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 15/15, protection from all colors, exaulted Rafiq wins in one hit.
GAME 2 Giant Mirrian Crusader of DOOM!

Shantak vs Nicdanger 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Win on the back of Elspeth Tirel and Test of Endurance.
GAME 2 Felidar Sovereign backed by Exalted angel.

Nicdanger vs Shantak 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 18/18 Ob Nyxilis with Plague Wind to clear the way.
GAME 2 AI got a brutal hand and killed everything I played, with either removal or Serra Avatar
Game 3 What Ob Nixilis started, Grave titan and friends finished.

Shantak vs 240sxforever 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 14/14 Victory's Herald, with Loxodon Hierarch on a Mimic vat.
GAME 2 End the game at 196 life and win with Victory's Herald and Elesh Norn

240sxforever vs Shantak 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 I get to an Elesh Norn first, and keep the AI off theirs. This makes the game much easier.
GAME 2 Had the match in hand until Eldrazi conscription. It came out because my Elesh Norn Auto killed an Academy rector.
Game 3 Tooth and nail for Ulamog and Iona wins this match soundly.

Stroggoii vs Nicdanger 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 Coffers into Mind twist on turn 4 sealed this game for the AI. Poor Rafiq never even lived to attack, though I played him 3 times.
GAME 2 Rafiq and Sun Titan take it.
Game 3 Rafiq with a Sword of Light and Shadow and Batterskull kills in 2 hits.

Nicdanger VS Stroggoii 1-2 | Open
GAME 1 Game crash, which is sad, I had Helldozer set to take all the AI land...
GAME 2 AI hits excel with wasteland and strip mine, reduces my land base to 2 swamps and a Rancored Rafiq kills on turn 5.
GAme 3 Ob Nixilis and Nantuko Shade make quick work of a mana screwed AI.
Game 4 Crash
Game 5 Mirrian Crusader + a 6/7 Trygon predator + Rafiq = Mono Black doesn't win. Not even platinum angel was enough.

Stroggoii vs 240sxforever 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Rafiq kills on turn 5 with a Sword of Light and Shadow, AI never even played a creature.
GAME 2 Rafiq uses sword of light and shadow and rancor to swing in for a general kill

240sxforever vs Stroggoii 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Necrotic Sliver addresses a slight Batterskull problem, while Novablast Worm kills every creature the AI plays from mid-game on.
GAME 2 Blunt the initial rush with Oust and Wrath, then Novablast worm and ravages of war lock out the AI for the rest of the game.

STROGGOII's deck gets my vote for best of group A, the thing is a beast.

Group B
Juzamjedi VS Jatill 2-0 | Open
Game 1 Primevil titan and Elesh make short work of soldiers
Game 2 It was a bit tougher of a match, but a well timed Living death was a one sided Wrath of God. Followed by a recurring bone shreader

Juzamjedi VS Cognis 2-0 | Open
Game 1 I thought the AI had the game, strong board position with an unblockable Bloodwitch, but A tutor for Visara came up at just the right time.
Game 2 Visara is this decks one stop answer for Evincar.

Juzamjedi VS Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
Game 1 Karador and 2 swords get a general kill, even though I had to play him 3 times to do it.
Game 2 Easy game, established board control and then decided to mill the AI with Sword of Body and mind. It took a while, but worked...

Jatill VS Juzamjedi | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Jatill VS Cognis | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Jatill VS Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Cognis VS Juzamjedi | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Cognis VS Jatill | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Cognis VS Aswan Jaguar | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Aswan Jaguar VS Juzamjedi | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Aswan Jaguar VS Jatill | Open
Game 1
Game 2

Aswan Jaguar VS Cognis | Open
Game 1
Game 2
240sxforever

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Jul 2011, 08:38

GROUP B
Juzamjedi VS Jatill 2-0 | Open
2 easy wins, having a lot more mana to play with was crucial.

Jatill VS Juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
2 easy wins AI "froze" in 2nd game

Juzamjedi VS Cognis 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 crashed
GAME 2 AI had mana problems I win with heavily equipped cretures
GAME 3 Graveborn Muse +1 card gives me a boost,AI puts up a fight and brings me to 5 life Sword of Light and Shadow kept me alive.

Cognis VS Juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 -
GAME 2 Bitterblossom and Evincar gave me enough advantage to win although AI cheated when playing ...

Juzamjedi vs Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Grave Titan-Karador-Gaddock Teeg

Aswan Jaguar vs Juzamjedi 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Equipped Jareth the Leonid made all the damage by himself
GAME 2 I had mana problems and before AI win I cast Wrath of God but even after that AI had the upper hand until Jareth the Leonid came in play and Witch Hunter kept Karador in hand making victory possible.

Jatill VS Cognis 1-2 | Open
GAME 1 AI put me on the ropes before I stabilize AI played Plague Wind destroyed all my creatures.I managed to survive only due to Worship for a while but Evincar equipped with the sword that makes 2 damage to creature and then a Viscara who came in are perfect antidote to Worship.Finally I lost from Ob Nixilis landfall ability (AI could have played that for the last 5t but wanted to keep lands in hand)AI made more than 200 damage to me.
GAME 2 The game crashed when I cast Sun Titan.
GAME 3 AI didn't want to block my 6/6 Serra Ascendant with Vampire Nighthawk which gave me a great advantage and I won.(too bad for AI that values Vampire Nighthawk a lot more from Serra Ascendant.
GAME 4 I had tons of life (Beacon of Immortality twice)but I fear off general damage I have nothing to stop Evincar for the 7th time AI had tons of mana while I got stuck to 5 lands and Sorin Markov kills all my little guys...and casts a Viscara my poor Hero of Bladehold is just not enough.Game crashed just before AI finish me off.
comments=All games(except the stupid move not to block my 6/6 Serra Ascendant game) I played AI owned my ass and I was always on the defense trying to stay alive.

18 JULY
Cognis vs Jatill 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Equipped Evincar and Ob Nixilis establish victory.
GAME 2 Nezumi and Royal Assassin clear both AI's field and hand.Grave Titan comes to their aid and its all over.

Jatill vs Aswan Jaguar 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 Elspeth,Knight Errant and Kongming Sleeping win.
GAME 2 My greater numbers in creatures and Intrepid Hero end this.

Aswan Jaguar vs Jatill 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI doesn't get how to handle a first strike creature with Basilisk Collar and I kill everything he plays,and Jareth the Leonid which AI doesn't protect from white since my 2/2 can't hurt a 4/7.AI keeps the foolish moves and uses Swords to Plowshares to a creature he already played Pacifism to!I play Nevi Disc and clear the board as Elspeth,Knight Errant, Kongming Sleeping and a Sword trampled me. Luminarch Ascension and friends win,AI "froze last 2,3t but it didn't have a chance.
GAME 2 A turn5 Felidar Sovereign does the trick.

Cognis vs Aswan Jaguar 2-1 | Open
GAME 1 Heavily Equipped Malakir Gatekeeper with Sword of Fire and Ice and Jitte and Dauthi Slayer decimate AI, Visara the Dreadful makes it easier.(AI Disenchant ed his own Bonesplitter while I had 2 Swords and Sol Ring in play!
GAME 2t Serra Ascendant and other 2 fliers + Mirran Crusader get me.
GAME 3 Evincar with Jitte and Visara give me a boost but Hallowed Burial stops me.I cast Chainers Edict for Jareth the Leonid.Elesh Norn gets my 2 guys when casted.I flashback the edict and get Norn.Then Lillian Vess makes the difference and finally she gets ultimate after that AI "froze" but it didn't matter.

Aswan Jaguar vs Cognis 2-0 | Open
GAME 1 AI's Damnation makes little damage to me since Luminarch Ascension can now make lots of Angels....
GAME 2 Same as previous game!AI "froze" after its own Damnation it couldn't stop me anyway.

GROUP B
Juzamjedi 6
Jatill 5
Cognis 9
Aswan Jaguar 7,5
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: JULY TOURNAMENT EDH SEMIFINAL round ends 28 July

Postby Stroggoii » 22 Jul 2011, 21:49

Stroggoii vs Jatil 3/1 WIN
ROUND 1 1/0
Very hard game, thought I would loose till I managed to stall the AI off plays with Augustin until I managed to play Pelakka Wurm, equipped with Loxodon Warhammer and supported by Rafiq's exalted and doublestrike it ran over AI's army.
ROUND 2 1/1
First round two crashed when I blocked AI's general with my Mul Daya equipped by Basilisk Collar. I was ahead.
Round 2.2 AI got a win out of four angels it played with decree of justice while my field was clear in the air.
ROUND 3 2/1
Trygon Predator equipped turn three with SoWaP, turn four with SoV, turn five with SoLaS. Didn't have to play another creature the whole game.
Round 4 3/1
Got Enlightened Tutor and Mirran Crusader on my opening hand so I tutored for SoWaP and repeated last game's pro-white champion beating. Tho this time I did need to play other creatures to block AI's kithkin.

Jatil VS Stroggoii 3/2 WIN
ROUND 1 0/1
Mana Crypt damaged me every turn for over 18 life and AI had Jenara pumped and equipped with Warhammer and Greaves deal me the last damage.
ROUND 2 1/1
Pretty easy swarm win.
ROUND 3 2/1
Krovax, Konming and Mirror entity make a hardcore team.
ROUND 4 2/2
Elesh Norn. I had the game dominated AI was at 8, I was at 34, exiled Rafiq and Serra Ascendant (the only thing that hit me), O-ringed primeval, got the better end of AI's Wrath with the smiths and the preemptive in my hand, and then Elesh Norn completely cleaned my side of the board and kept me blanc with no creature I could play that would survive being played and no Journey. Baneslayer is not that impressive as a 3/3 against massive manlands and Elesh's 7 thoughness.
Round 5 3/2
Emeria Angel gave me lots of suntails I pumped with Konming and Krovax to deal damage, AI had a great land wall of critters but didn't play any of it's angels.

I may re-play these when we get back the planeswalkers, tho I don't know if that'd make much difference as I never had a planeswalker when playing Jatil's deck and the only planeswalker I drew was Venser whom I didn't want to play even if I could.

Elesh Norn rules, I'm glad she's being sold at $3 because no one wants to play her in standard cause "Titans are better".
Stroggoii

Re: JULY TOURNAMENT EDH SEMIFINAL round ends 28 July

Postby Stroggoii » 23 Jul 2011, 20:35

Having played the Evincar vs For Life match-up I am thinking we may be best with playing another round of open tournament instead of semi-finals or swap oponents since Evincar has an extremely unfair advantage against For Life. In my opinion.
Stroggoii

Next

Return to Tournaments