It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:14

Text Size

ML3 - Easter 2013 Tournament

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ML3 - Easter 2013 Tournament

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Apr 2013, 15:44

I don't see people playing other than their own games, always in the tournaments we play all tournament matches not only the ones concerning our deck.No matter if we do play all or not I have played everything so either you count them or you don't for the results.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jmlima » 19 Apr 2013, 17:46

Because the thread is becoming (to me at least) a bit confusing, the status of play at present is:

jmlima 0 vs Aswan jaguar 5 - Missing Aswan jaguar results

RanDomino 3 vs ozks 3 - Both missing two extra games (only played one against their opponent)

thedrigo 3 vs stassy 5 - - Missing thedrigo results
jmlima

Postby RanDomino » 20 Apr 2013, 03:07

RanDomino_Player vs ozks
Match 2
Game 1
Keep on Acidic Slime, Khalni Heart Expedition, Avenger of Zendikar, Eye of Ugin, Rampant Growth, Khalni Garden, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth.
I start. I immediately remember that Eye of Ugin doesn't tap for mana, but luckily by turn 2 draw is an Eldrazi Temple. AI has t2 Birds of Paradise and Leatherback Baloth. I Rampant Growth for a Forest and turn 3 Everflowing Chalice for 1 counter while AI plays Mul Daya Channelers and Scute Mob. Draw another Forest, crack KHE for two mountains. Play Acidic Slime to pop a land, AI attacks with Baloth, Ball Lightning, Scute MOb, Channelers showing Kargan Dragonlord and I (16 life) block Baloth. Go to 4. Draw Summoning Trap, cast it into Pelakka Wurm, stabilize, win.
Game 2
Keep on 5 lands, Avenger of Zendikar, Everflowing Chalice. Turn 5 Avenger should be good enough. AI plays some Elvish Visionaries and Birds of Paradise while I ramp. Khalni Heart Expedition lands on turn 3. On turn 5 I play the Avenger and crack the KHE. AI plays Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs. I Summoning Trap into another Avenger instead of attacking. Then I attack with a bunch of 5/6's and learn that Kazuul apparently does not function. It's not enough for the win, so I play Kozilek into another Avenger, which I then play because why not. There are too many Plant tokens to easily find the Avengers to click on to activate the triggers. Then I attack for like 80.
Match 2: RanDomino sweep

Match 3
Game 1
Keep on 3x Forest, Khalni Heart Expedition, Kozilek, Pelakka Wurm, Bogardan Hellkite, on the play. AI gets a Dragonmaster Outcast and 2nd turn Rampant Growth. I play an Elvish Visionary and it eats Flame Slash. AI plays some 1/1s and 1/2s and attacks for a couple turns, then I crack the KHE and play a Pelakka Wurm, which gets Act of Treasoned and I'm at 10. Avenger of Zendikar makes a dudes and Bogardan Hellkite clears the way. RanDomino wins.
Game 2
I mulligan away 3x lands, 4x expensive dudes, 0x ramp. Second hand is 3x lands, ramp, visionary, Acidic Slime. We develop for a while with AI's Scute Mob and Mul Daya Channelers. I start getting hit but there are plenty of Plant tokens from Khalni Gardens to clog things up. I double-kick a Chalice and a turn later decide to go with Avenger of Zendikar out of fear of Act of Treason. AI makes a Kargan Dragonlord fully terrifying but Pelakka Wurm buys me a couple of turns, during which I draw a second Avenger and a land, which is enough to activate Khalni Heart Expedition. My plants get 6 +1/+1 counters in a single turn and I attack for just enough.
Match 3: RanDomino Sweep

I feel like I will beat ozks' AI deck with my Player deck pretty consistently although it will take a game now and then.
Attachments
rnd 1 match 3 game 2 result.JPG
RanDomino

Postby RanDomino » 20 Apr 2013, 03:47

RanDomino_AI vs ozks
Match 3
Game 1
I win the toss but have to mulligan a hand with 2x Mountain and no other land. I keep on Forest, 2x Mountain, Birds of Paradise, Kargan Dragonlord, and Hellkite Charger and play a first-turn Birds of Paradise, second-turn Dragonlord. It goes on a Journey to Nowhere but I draw Naturalize, and play it on the same turn so I can add some counters. AI plays Aura Gnarlid and I start getting in there with a 4/4 and then 8/8 flyer. Gnarlid gets a Savage Silhouette and swings for 5 and 5 followed by Day of Judgment. AI is at 8 with 4 lands and 4 cards in hand and I'm at 10 with 4 lands and 2 cards in hand, Hellkite Charger and Naturalize. AI plays Kor Spiritdancer and starts loading it up, but I can pull some off with Naturalize and only get hit for 3. I land the Charger on the next turn, so I have to decide whether the AI can kill me in one swing (since it will take two for me to do it in). Since I'm out of cards in hand and don't really have an out anyway if I have to block, I decide to go for it. AI plays Baneslayer Angel, which conveniently has protection from Dragons. I draw Bear Umbra, which would ordinarily be pretty awesome with Hellkite Charger but in this case could only give my opponent infinite life. AI plays a bunch of enchantments and I die hard.
Game 2
I mulligan another 2x Mountain hand and keep on Forest, Mountain, Master of the Wild Hunt, Leatherback Baloth, Deadly Recluse, Whispersilk Cloak. I fail to draw another land in about six turns and die in two hits from a decked-out Spiritdancer.
Sweep by RanDomino AI

My results:
RanDomino_Player vs ozks Match 1: 2-0
RanDomino_Player vs ozks Match 2: 2-0
RanDomino_Player vs ozks Match 3: 2-0
RanDomino_AI vs ozks Match 1: 2-0
RanDomino_AI vs ozks Match 2: 0-2
RanDomino_AI vs ozks Match 3: 2-0
RanDomino

Postby RanDomino » 20 Apr 2013, 05:27

jmlima player vs Aswan jaguar AI
Playing as jmlima, I had to guess that Powers of the Forest is the player deck, vs Aswan jaguar's only deck, Earth Revenges.
match 1
game 1
I keep on 3x Forest, Llanowar Elves, Mul Daya Channelers, Khalni Hydra, Rampant Growth on the play. AI plays Steppe Lynx. I play Mul Daya Channelers, which is removed by Journey to Nowhere. AI starts attacking with Steppe Lynx and Kor Skyfisher and I play a Great Sable Stag and give it Spider Umbra. AI plays Emeria Angel but doesn't attack. Finally, Khalni Hydra comes down. I attack and the AI doesn't block, but it hits five lands with two Scute Mobs in play and I die horribly. Aswan jaguar AI wins.
game 2
I keep on 3x Forest, Fog, Deadly Recluse, Elvish Visionary, Master of the Wild Hunt. I draw and play Great Sable Stag which eats Journey to Nowhere, but AI appears to be stuck on two lands. AI eventually manages to start building up a board position but not until Master is online for a few turns and I win. jmlima Player wins.
game 3
I keep on 3x Forest, Khalni Hydra, Fog, Vengevine, Master of the Wild Hunt. AI plays fetchland into Scute Mob and I draw Forest #4 and Rampant Growth. AI plays Lotus Cobra and Kor Skyfisher. I play Master of the Wild Hunt but AI has Journey to Nowhere and suddenly I'm at 11 life. I play Grazing Gladeheart while AI plays second Lotus Cobra. I play and attack with Vengevine and AI trades it for a Cobra and Scute Mob. AI plays Emeria Angel. I play Khalni Hydra. AI plays a second Angel. I attack with the Hydra, bringing the AI down to 7 (five fetchlands!), and play Elvish Archdruid. AI swings me down to 2 and I'm still holding that Fog. AI has four Birds and a Lotus Cobra, so I attack with all three creatures to bring AI down to 2 and all of AI's Birds and Cobra die, trading with the Gladeheart. I play Mul Daya Channelers. AI plays Rampaging Baloths, swings with flyers, and I Fog, then attack with more creatures than there are blockers. jmlima Player wins
match 1 result: jmlima Player 2-1

match 2
game 1
I keep on 4x Forest, Deadly Recluse, Vengevine, Rampant Growth on the play. AI plays Scute Mob and I ramp into, and swing with, Vengevine. AI plays Steppe Lynx, and on the next turn attacks and plays Turntimber Basilisk. I play two Deadly Recluses. I trade a Recluse for a 4/5 Lynx but he has another. Vengevine trades with Scute Mob and the Basilisk. Then we trade Recluse for 4/5 Lynx again and the board is clear. I play Elvish Archdruid, AI plays Rampaging Baloths. I draw Tanglesap which is not so good against Rampaging Baloths. I play Great Sable Stag which is also not an answer. AI plays and cracks a fetchland and suddenly there are too many beasts. Aswan jaguar AI wins.
game 2
I keep on 3x Forest, Spider Umbra x2, Joraga Treespeaker, Deadly Recluse. Joraga Treespeaker levels up and plays a Recluse, so AI Journey to Nowheres it and starts attacking with Steppe Lynx. I give the Recluse an Umbra, and next turn the AI attacks with a 4/5 Lynx and then plays Harrow so I decide to block. AI plays another Lynx. I draw Naturalize and decide I don't like the Treespeaker quite that much. Another Umbra goes on the Recluse but AI Journeys it. Steppe Lynx goes to work for a while and the Rampaging Baloths comes down again. I play Great Sable Stag. Rampaging Baloths attacks and I Naturalize the Journey that's holding the Recluse and they trade, so the AI plays another one. I have no answer. Aswan jaguar AI wins.
match 2 result: Aswan jaguar AI 2-0

match 3
game 1
I mulligan away 6x Forest and Llanowar Elves and keep on 3x Forest, Lotus Cobra, Llanowar Elves, Great Sable Stag on the play. AI has Steppe Lynx but I have turn 2 GSS. AI plays Kor Skyfisher. I attack with GSS and play Lotus CObra. I swing for a bunch while the Skyfisher is tapped from an attack, then AI plays Emeria Angel. It trades with GSS. Llanowar Elves and Lotus Cobra try to put up an offensive. I draw a second Llanowar Elves and an Elvish Archdruid, but the combat math doesn't seem to line up- I'm at 2 with a Skyfisher aiming for me, AI is at 5 with a blocker. I draw Deadly Recluse to block the SKyfisher and send in the elvish army. AI is at 1. Skyfisher attacks, trades with Recluse, and AI has no follow-up. jmlima player wins.
game 2
I mulligan a 1-lander and keep 2x Forest, Llanowar Elves, Deadly Recluse, Fog, Garruk Wildspeaker. I fail to find Forest #3 while AI forgets to put up an offense, but sets up with Lotus Cobra and 2x Adventuring Gear. I draw Grazing Gladehart followed by the missing Forest, and Garruk starts making Beasts. AI plays Emeria Angel. I give Spider Umbra to a Deadly Recluse but an attack with a Beast kills the Emeria Angel before it's an issue. I attack with the Recluse and Beast but AI plays a Rampaging Baloths. It misses a land drop while Garruk alternates between +1'ing and making 3/3s. AI plays Scute Mob and it starts getting large. I decide I need that Garruk to Overrun and start +1'ing. Deadly Recluse jumps in front of Scute Mob. AI fails to make a land drop before I Overrun with six creatures. jmlima player wins.
match 3 result: jmlima player 2-0.

Aswan jaguar player vs jmlima AI
I'm playing Aswan jaguar's Earth Revenges vs AI running jmlima's Purify by Fire.
match 1
game 1
I mulligan away five lands and two bad creatures, keeping on 3x lands, Lotus Cobra, Emeria Angel, Turntimber Basilisk, on the draw. AI plays Goblin Shortcutter and Fireballs my Lotus Cobra. I use a Steppe Lynx + a fetchland to kill the Shortcutter and the AI proceeds to do nothing while I drop two Emeria Angels and win. Aswan jaguar player wins.
game 2
I keep on 4x land, Steppe Lynx, Rampaging Baloths, Turntimber Basilisk. I get another Lynx and start chaining fetchlands and attacking. AI tries to Lightning Bolt a Lynx while I have a fetchland. I get it down to 12 before it 3-for-1s me with pyroclasm. Emeria Angel eats Fireball. I play Khalni Heart Expedition, then the following turn cast Rampaging Baloths and make two 4/4s. Burst Lightning kills one but if there's a lesson in this tournament so far it's that Rampaging Baloths is a stone-cold killer. Aswan jaguar player wins.
match 1 result: Aswan jaguar player 2-0

match 2
game 1
I keep on 3 lands, Scute Mob, 2x Journey to Nowhere, Rampaging Baloths. AI plays Kargan Dragonlord but seems to be stuck on two Mountains and not smart enough to start piling on counters. The third one drops while I build up to the Baloths and AI attacks with Ball Lightning. I'm at 7. I hit the fifth land and play Journey to Nowhere and Scute Mob, which is Flame Slashed immediately. I play a fetchland into Rampaging Baloths and the AI Lightning Bolts me, apparently to remind me of my mortality. Next turn, it plays Obsidian Fireheart. I draw Oracle of Mul Daya and go to 1 in order to do rude things involving the Baloths and Adventuring Gear, then Journey to Nowhere the Fireheart and attack for 14. But the AI has a Burst Lightning. jmlima AI wins.
game 2
I mulligan away 2x Plains and no other land and keep on Forest, Marsh Flats, Lotus Cobra x2, Adventuring Gear, Scute Mob. Lotus Cobra eats Lightning Bolt. I play Scute Mob just in case the AI has another removal spell and is terrible at this game, which it does and is. I eat a Ball Lightning. I don't draw another land and the fourth turn is a repeat of the third. Lotus Cobra #2 comes down and dies. About six turns pass with the AI playing nothing and me drawing no land. AI plays a Kiln Fiend and I Journey to Nowhere it. Finally, I find an Arid Mesa and play Grazing Gladehart, but AI has Traitorous Instinct and Lightning Bolt. jmlima AI wins.
match 2 result: jmlima AI 2-0.

match 3
game 1
I mulligan a no-green hand into Forest, Verdant Catacombs, Oracle of Mul Daya x 2, Adventuring Gear, Harrow on the play. I fetch and ramp while AI plays Goblin Shortcutter. Oracle of Mul Daya #1 dies to burn. Oracle #2 survives and starts going to town with the Gear. Emeria Angel lands and makes four Birds the same turn. AI dies efficiently. Aswan jaguar player wins.
game 2
I keep 3x lands, Rampaging Baloths, Turntimber Basilisk x2, Lotus Cobra. AI punches me with a Ball Lightning while I try to develop, then wipes my board with burn and plays Kargan Dragonlord. I do silly things involving another Lotus Cobra, a Khalni Heart Expedition, and fetchlands, and end up with a Rampaging Baloths in play. Tragically, I have to trade it with a 6/6 Obsidian Fireheart, but I have another. Fetchlands turn into 4/4s and a Grazing Gladehart refunds the life. I get there one turn before a Kargan Dragonlord would have done me in. Aswan jaguar player wins.
match 3 result: Aswan jaguar player 2-0

Overall results:
jmlima player vs Aswan jaguar AI Match 1: 2-1
jmlima player vs Aswan jaguar AI Match 2: 0-2 (edit: fixed)
jmlima player vs Aswan jaguar AI Match 3: 2-0
Aswan jaguar player vs jmlima AI Match 1: 2-0
Aswan jaguar player vs jmlima AI Match 2: 0-2
Aswan jaguar player vs jmlima AI Match 3: 2-0
Last edited by RanDomino on 20 Apr 2013, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
RanDomino

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Apr 2013, 09:56

Aswan Jaguar - jmlima AI 2-0,2-1,2-0 | Open
GAME 1= 2-0
match 1-A close game I barely win with 2 lifepoints left.
match 2-AI plays manabarbs while it is behind in life and without a creature while I have one so...
GAME 2= 2-1
GAME 3= 2-0

jmlima player - Aswan Jaguar 2-1,2-0,2-1 | Open
GAME 1= 2-1
match 1- Khalni Hydra on the attack gives me enough power and a fog keeps AI air-force inactive to escape with the win.
match 2- Although I make good trades with AI key creatures still AI makes a huge army and I loose.
match 3- 3 fogs saved me - and tricked AI huge army to attack with everything and ultimate Garruck boost my 3 little guys to escape with a narrow win.(side note AI surprised me when it bounced with Kor Skyfisher it's own Journey to nowhere so it releases my Gladeheart and then cast it upon Elvish Archdruid with 3 elves on board not bad at all.
GAME 2= 2-0
GAME 3= 2-1
match 3- AI maybe wants to give me a break and doesn't play 2 basic lands to trigger Emeria and Andventuring Gear (as I see while I attack after blockers are declared) and I barely win 2 lifepoints left.

Randomino player - Ozks
GAME 1- 2-0
GAME 2- 2-0
GAME 3- 2-0

Ozks - Randomino AI
GAME 1- 2-1
GAME 2- 0-2
GAME 3- 2-1

Thedrigo player - Stassy
GAME 1- 1-2
match 3 maybe could be a win if I played 1 turn earlier All is Dust.
GAME 2- 2-1
GAME 3- 0-2

Stassy - Therigo AI 0-2,2-1,2-0 | Open
GAME 1- 0-2
match 1- AI just before I swing for the win plays Baneslayer Angel and if I attack still AI will have 1 lifepoint left and I will loose a 4/4 token (Devastating Summons)so decide not to attack since I have a chance to race to the win next turn after AI attacks me with Baneslayer Angel but AI plays a second Baneslayer Angel #-o
GAME 2- 2-1
GAME 3- 2-0
Note in 4 games I tried to benefit from Devastating Summons I lost the 3.

Aswan Jaguar - Jmlima AI 6p - 1.5p
Jmlima player - Aswan Jaguar 6p - 3p
Aswan Jaguar=9p
Jmlima =7.5p

Randomino player - Ozks 6p - 0
Ozks - Randomino AI 4p - 8p
Randomino=14p
Ozks=4p

Thedrigo player - Stassy 3p - 9.5p
Stassy - Thedrigo 4p - 6.5
Thedrigo=9.5p
Stassy=13.5p

EDIT RanDomino in the results you made a mistake your 2 game me as AI it is 2-0 win for me.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ozks » 24 Apr 2013, 02:43

i want to retire of this tournament (i'm gonna lost anyway) it not what i expected!
my more sincere apologies.
ozks

Postby RanDomino » 26 Apr 2013, 03:04

soooooo.........
RanDomino

Easter 2013 Tournament-Semifinal till Satyrday 4 MAY

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Apr 2013, 16:15

The time for this round has ended since Sunday and as we didn't hear from Jmlima,I will take over to continue the tournament.
Unfortunately we had very few reports and results so maybe we don't have the most objective results as to which was the best decks to proceed to next round-semifinal.

Stassy 20p - Thedrigo 18.5p (only 2 people reported - Stassy and Aswan Jaguar)the most balanced pair.Stassy advances to semifinal.

Jmlima 16.5p - Aswan Jaguar 34.5p (3 people reported - Jmlima,Aswan Jaguar,Randomino) Aswan Jaguar advances to semifinal.

Randomino 30p - Ozks 6p (2 people reported fully- Randomino,Aswan Jaguar and Ozks only reported few games so they are not taken into account.)Randomino advances to semifinal.

I have decided that the semifinal will be a held in a group where all four decks play all opponents (don't forget to use the AI decks for Randomino and Triol)a SINGLE match best of 3.The point system remains the same.Please when you write the reports GATHER THE RESULTS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR POSTS.

Everyone has to post all results otherwise they will not count.

Semifinal is going to be held until Satyrday 4 May(unless all fully report before or tell they will not report and go to Final sooner,I hope for the later)
Semifinal Group:
Randomino
Aswan Jaguar
Stassy
Triol

Randomino - Aswan Jaguar
Randomino - Stassy
Randomino - Triol AI
Aswan Jaguar - Randomino AI
Aswan Jaguar - Stassy
Aswan Jaguar - Triol AI
Stassy - Randomino AI
Stassy - Aswan Jaguar
Stassy - Triol AI
Triol - Randomino AI
Triol - Aswan Jaguar
Triol - Stassy

The best 2 decks then will fight in the final in a 3 matches each best of 3 games.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby RanDomino » 27 Apr 2013, 14:49

RanDomino Ramp vs Aswan Jaguar Earth's Revenge
Match 1
Game 1
Keep on Forest, Khalni Garden, Mountain, Avenger of Zendikar, Rampant Growth, Emrakul, Khalni Heart Expedition, on the draw. I ramp while AI plays some creatures, then I play Pelakka Wurm and Avenger of Zendikar and just sort of crush. RanDomino wins
Game 2
Mulligan away a hand with no early plays. Mulligan away a hand with two Eldrazi. Keep on Forest, Mountain, Everflowing Chalice, Elvish Visionary, Avenger of Zendikar, on the draw. AI plays a few X/1 creatures and refuses to attack into my Visionary, buying me enough time to ramp into an Avenger. AI plays Rampaging Baloths and we have a stalemate until I use Summoning Trap to fetch Bogardan Hellkite for five to the dome, then send in the team and get there. RanDomino wins.
Match 1 result- RanDomino sweep.

Match 2
Game 1
I keep on Forest x3, Eye of Ugin, Explore, Elvish Visionary, Summoning Trap, on the draw. AI plays some chumps and I ramp into Avenger of Zendikar. AI can't handle it. RanDomino wins.
Game 2
I keep on a slightly risky 3x Forest, Khalni Garden, Avenger of Zendikar, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. I draw a slightly late Khalni Heart Expedition but fire it off on turn 4 while the AI is beating down with a 4/5 Steppe Lynx and playing Emeria Angels. I play Pelakka Wurm but the flyers reverse the lifegain in one turn and plays Rampaging Baloths. I Summoning Trap and find a Bogardan Hellkite to kill an angel and some birds, but am forced to chump the Baloths and go to 3 with an empty board. Aswan jaguar wins.
Game 3
I keep on Forest, Mountain, Explore x2, Avenger of Zendikar x2, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, on the play. I draw a turn 2 Elvish Visionary which finds me a Khalni Heart Expedition and I start going off. AI plays Emeria Angel and I play an Avenger the following turn. AI plays a second Angel, but I drop two lands on the next turn and swing for exactly lethal. RanDomino wins.
Match 2 result- RanDomino 2-1

Match 3
Game 1
I keep on Mountain, Khalni Garden, Eldrazi Temple, Summoning Trap, Explore, Khalni Heart Expedition x2 on the play. I ramp while getting hit by a Steppe Lynx, then use one KHE to play an Avenger of Zendikar and use the other to make the Plants into 3/4s. AI has nothing. RanDomino wins.
Game 2
I keep on Everflowing Chalice, Eldrazi Temple, Forest, Khalni Heart Expedition, Khalni Garden, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth on the draw. Avenger of Zendikar lands on turn 4, the end. RanDomino wins.
Match 3 result- RanDomino 2-0

Match 1: RanDomino 2-0
Match 2: RanDomino 2-1
Match 3: RanDomino 2-0
RanDomino

Postby Aswan jaguar » 27 Apr 2013, 15:44

RanDomino probably you missed me mentioning that we play only a SINGLE match (best of 3)for each pair and not 3 because there are two many games.Anyway if Stassy at least (it wouldn't be bad to here from Triol either but I haven't seen a post from him lately) agrees to have 3 best of 3 since you have already begun this way then no problem with me either.
Stassy,please answer as soon as possible.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby triol » 27 Apr 2013, 16:10

Excuse me for not having posted lately, but I was on holidays ;)

Furthermore I didn't understand that I could have played the first round games in order to increase statistics...

To conclued, I will report my matchs soon and I agree to have 3 best of 3 ^^
triol

Postby RanDomino » 27 Apr 2013, 18:37

Aswan jaguar wrote:RanDomino probably you missed me mentioning that we play only a SINGLE match (best of 3)for each pair and not 3 because there are two many games.Anyway if Stassy at least (it wouldn't be bad to here from Triol either but I haven't seen a post from him lately) agrees to have 3 best of 3 since you have already begun this way then no problem with me either.
Stassy,please answer as soon as possible.
Ok, cool.

Randomino Ramp vs Stassy Red Deck Wins
Match 1
Game 1
I mulligan a no-land and keep on Forest x2, Khalni Garden, Explore, Pelakka Wurm, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth on the play. AI starts attacking with goblins and then turns some lands into 2/2 elementals with Devestating Summons. I play Summoning Trap into Pelakka Wurm and the AI never attacks again. A couple of Eldrazi deliver the kill. RanDomino wins.
Game 2
I keep on Forest x2, Khalni Heart Expedition, Rampant Growth, Pelakka Wurm, Elvish Visionary, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth on the play. I start ramping but stumble with only those two land, while the AI eats both its Mountains on turn 2 for 2/2 Elementals again. I can't find another land while the AI recovers. Stassy wins.
Game 3
I mulligan a no-ramp hand, then another one, then keep on Khalni Garden, Eldrazi Temple, Elvish Visionary, Everflowing Chalice, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. I start tossing up chump blockers while the AI attacks with goblins and makes 2 2/2s again. I survive long enough to play Avenger of Zendikar and attack for quite a lot. RanDomino wins.
Result- RanDomino wins 2-1.
RanDomino

Postby RanDomino » 27 Apr 2013, 18:51

Randomino Ramp vs Triol Dawn of Darkness
Game 1
I keep on Forest, Eldrazi Temple, Khalni Heart Expedition, Avenger of Zendikar x2, Pelakka Wurm, Summoning Trap on the play. AI plays Bloodghast, Gatekeeper of Malakir to kill my Plant from a drawn Khalni Garden while I play Khalni Heart Expedition and miss my fourth land drop, then my fifth. My next land is an Eye of Ugin and I'm at 2 life. Then I draw the other Eye. Tirol AI wins
Game 2
I mulligan a 1-lander and keep Forest x3, Khalni Heart Expedition, Everflowing Chalice, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. I play the KHE and the AI plays Blood Seeker, then eats a Plant token with Urge to Feed as I put down an Everflowing Chalice with two counters. AI plays a second Blood Seeker and I drop a Pelakka Wurm which falls to Consuming Vapors. I play an Avenger of Zendikar, losing 12 life in the process, but crack the KHE and have a 5/5 and five 2/3s. Then the Consuming Vapors rebounds and the AI plays Feast of Blood and Urge to Feed and I'm down to three 2/3 Plants. I play Bogardan Hellkite and Summoning Trap into another Pelakka Wurm, then start swinging with the now-two (after another Urge) Plants and the Hellkite. I keep on playing big fat fatties and the AI can't come back. RanDomino wins.
Game 3
I mulligan a hand that wasn't aggressive enough, then have to throw a 1-lander, then keep on Mountain, Forest, Khalni Heart Expedition, Acidic Slime, Summoning Trap. The AI rolls out a mob of vampires and I miss three land drops and die. Tirol AI wins.
Match result: Tirol AI wins 2-1
RanDomino

Postby RanDomino » 27 Apr 2013, 19:05

Aswan Jaguar Earth's Revenge vs RanDomino Enchantresses_AI
Game 1
I keep on fetchlands, Emeria Angel, Journey to Nowhere x2 on the draw. I draw Khalni Heart Expedition and the AI plays a Mesa Enchantress, which goes on a Journey. The AI punches me with a Stirring Wildwood. I play Emeria Angel, which the AI goes to Journey but I crack the KHE and the AI decides to pick a Bird token instead, then plays Kor Spiritdancer. I play another Emeria Angel and send the Spiritdancer on a Journey. AI casts Day of Judgment and I'm looking at lands. AI plays Aura Gnarlid. I draw and play Lotus Cobra while the Aura Gnarlid becomes a 6/6 and attacks. I draw another land and die to a 9/9 flying mutant badger. RanDomino AI wins.
Game 2
I keep on Plains x2, 2x fetchlands, Scute Mob, Kor Skyfisher, Harrow on the play. I get in with the Skyfisher once before it gets Journey'd. AI plays Kor Spiritdancer, which I immediately Journey. AI punches a bunch of times in a row with Stirring Wildwood. I hit 5 lands with the Scute Mob and get in a hit, but then it gets Journey'd. I play the Emeria Angel that I'd been sandbagging and it's met by Day of Judgment. I play Kor Skyfisher and the AI keeps attacking, sticking a Savage Silhouette on it and forcing me to hold back to block. I Journey to Nowhere a Mesa Enchantress and play a Scute Mob, letting the AI get in a hit with the land and bringing me to 1. AI plays another Enchantress which I again Journey. AI sticks a Boar Umbra on a Stirring Wildwood, forcing me to block the 6/7 with my 5/5. I draw a land and die. RanDomino AI wins
Result: RanDOmino AI wins 2-0
RanDomino

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments