It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:56

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.26 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.26 SOFTWARE

Postby kaiju1 » 07 Dec 2017, 16:56

Playing against the AI

AI doesn't seem to know what to do if you choose to play second and put Gemstone Caverns into play before the game starts with the luck counter on it. I had a game where it played an Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and just kept tapping it for the second ability despite having castable creatures in its hand. It kept discarding to hand size and eventually discarded an Experiment One. Not sure if this is actually something fixable, but a turn 0 Gemstone Caverns makes the AI stop doing anything but passing the turn.
kaiju1

Postby MalcolmS » 07 Dec 2017, 20:34

Scarab Feast shouldn't be able to target cards from more than 1 graveyard
MalcolmS

Postby Steveman » 10 Dec 2017, 18:53

Tezzeret, the Seeker's ultimate doesn't work exactly the way it should. Had a situation where my opponent used the ultimate to animate 3 artifacts to alpha strike me. I bounced all of them with Mystic Confluence. Opponent replayed some of his artifacts and they ETB'd as 5/5s with summoning sickness. They shouldn't be under the effect of the ultimate anymore.
Steveman

Postby trice001 » 11 Dec 2017, 10:08

thanks
trice001

Postby faanta » 11 Dec 2017, 16:46

Player A has Scalelord Reckoner in play, player B targets it with Path to Exile. --> Scalelord Reckoner's ability triggers twice.
faanta

Postby foxokon » 12 Dec 2017, 16:25

Found two bugged cards
Corpse Dance - If you cast corpse dance at the end step it will just stay in play instead of being exiled at the start of the next end step. This happens every time when I use buyback, I have not tested without using buyback.

Marrow-Gnawer - When Marrow Gnawer is your commander and you attempt to activate his ability sacrificing himself, you will be asked if you wish to send him to the command zone (As intended), however if you press yes he will instead just stay untapped on the battlefield.
foxokon

Postby WalkerB » 13 Dec 2017, 23:03

Fatal error with Client UI that occurs in Deck Editor, Viewer or during matches.
When hovering cards, the popup rules layer doesn't appear. Instead, there is this error message in console :

FATAL 2017-12-13 23:44:38,588 MAGE Client UI error =>[AWT-EventQueue-0] EDTExceptionHandler.handle
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference
at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Matcher.java:857)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Matcher.java:955)
at org.mage.card.arcane.ManaSymbols.replaceSymbolsWithHTML(ManaSymbols.java:728)

This bug appears for every cards (tested in Standard).
The rule layer is displayed fine for tokens, except for Treasure ones in XLN that also have the bug.
Others XLN tokens are displaying the rule layer OK.

Edit : found the cause of the bug.
It's because my XMage directory path contains a '$', it begins like C:\Users\Admin$\Documents\
So the regex bugs within the replaceSymbolsWithHTML method.
The workaround was to move the XMage directory to another location.
Maybe you could add a check within this method to avoid the problem with the '$' symbol in the directory name ?
Although it should happens very rarely.
WalkerB

Postby frostownik » 14 Dec 2017, 15:30

Playing an EDH game against 2 AI opponents (computer - mad).
I attacked an opponent with Scythe Specter, damage triggered the "each opponent discards a card" ability. Got a MAGE server error with a stack trace that I'm unable to post since the reply editor thinks these are off-site URLs.

Basically, there's a null pointer exception in the ScytheSpecterEffect.apply() method at
Code: Select all
ScytheSpecter.java:132
Since the opponent I attacked had 0 cards in hand, I reckon apply() is unable to get the card into a map for CMC comparison or something.

BTW: The link included in the error description is a bit broken, cause the topic seems locked (http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/post ... =70&t=3116).

BTW2: Whenever I want to play a quick game with bots, I tend to forget to change the player names, which results in most of the zones being inaccessible (the graveyard/hand for all players with the same name is the graveyard/hand of the first player). Don't know if anyone reported that.
frostownik

Postby GeistofSaints » 15 Dec 2017, 17:32

Mairsil, the Pretender with Mirror-Mad Phantasm's ability and a Laboratory Maniac on the field seems to not work correctly. to not work correctly.

When I activated Mirror-Mad Phantasm's ability through Mairsil, the Pretender all my cards were milled and then my whole field disappeared and I was removed from the game. I didn't even have an opportunity to tap a Sensei's Divining Top to win.
GeistofSaints

Postby JayDi » 15 Dec 2017, 23:33

WalkerB wrote:Fatal error with Client UI that occurs in Deck Editor, Viewer or during matches.
When hovering cards, the popup rules layer doesn't appear. Instead, there is this error message in console :
Thanks for report. It was fixed and will be available on next release (v10). Or you can download unofficial beta version (500 MB) from here (what's new).
JayDi

Postby JayDi » 16 Dec 2017, 00:14

frostownik wrote:Playing an EDH game against 2 AI opponents (computer - mad).
I attacked an opponent with Scythe Specter, damage triggered the "each opponent discards a card" ability. Got a MAGE server error with a stack trace that I'm unable to post since the reply editor thinks these are off-site URLs.

Basically, there's a null pointer exception in the ScytheSpecterEffect.apply() method at
Code: Select all
ScytheSpecter.java:132
Since the opponent I attacked had 0 cards in hand, I reckon apply() is unable to get the card into a map for CMC comparison or something.

BTW: The link included in the error description is a bit broken, cause the topic seems locked (http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/post ... =70&t=3116).
Thx for report. It was fixed and will be available on next v10 release.

frostownik wrote:BTW2: Whenever I want to play a quick game with bots, I tend to forget to change the player names, which results in most of the zones being inaccessible (the graveyard/hand for all players with the same name is the graveyard/hand of the first player). Don't know if anyone reported that.
I can confirm that bug: user can't open card's windows for computers with same names -- app open only one. You can monitor bug's status on github.
JayDi

Postby Steveman » 16 Dec 2017, 19:21

Encountered a bug with Blightsteel Colossus which might have been triggered by the Bribery. Opponent Bribery'd the Blightsteel Colossus, but everytime it was put into the graveyard, it was put on top of the owner's library but the player who cast Bribery would shuffle.

THUNDERWANG0 is the owner of the Blightsteel Colossus, but the Blightsteel Colossus originally came into play via Beekeeper's Bribery.

Relevant lines:

19:50: THUNDERWANG0 activates: Target player sacrifices a creature. from Liliana of the Veil [5b9] targeting Beekeeper
19:50: Beekeeper reveals Blightsteel Colossus
19:50: Beekeeper puts Blightsteel Colossus [521] from battlefield to the top of THUNDERWANG0's library
19:50: Beekeeper's library is shuffled
19:50: Beekeeper sacrificed Blightsteel Colossus [521]

19:51: THUNDERWANG0 activates: each player discards a card. from Liliana of the Veil [5b9]
19:51: THUNDERWANG0 discards Blightsteel Colossus [521]
19:51: Beekeeper reveals Blightsteel Colossus
19:51: Beekeeper puts Blightsteel Colossus [521] from hand to the top of THUNDERWANG0's library
19:51: Beekeeper's library is shuffled
Steveman

AI Bug - Snapcaster Mage / Graveyard Interactions

Postby Wuuscht » 18 Dec 2017, 10:02

Every time when the "mad" AI plays a Snapcaster Mage and has a spell in the GY that it cannot afford, it gets stuck trying to cast it.

Sometimes I can se the card it is trying to play flashing on the stack, which leads me to assume that the AI is trying to cast it but can't and gets stuck trying to cast it.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-18 um 10.30.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-17 um 14.23.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-17 um 14.15.29.png

Mac OS High Sierra
Java 1.8.0_131
Launcher 0.3.8
Xmage Ver. 1.4.26V9

Also Somewhat related: The AI seems to also get stuck when it has Grim Lavamancer in play and 2 or more cards in the GY.
Wuuscht

Postby frostownik » 18 Dec 2017, 10:21

Thanks for the info on my reports! Here's another one:

Playing Commander with 2 AI players on MacOS. Opponent casts Blatant Thievery, targeting 2 of my permanents (which should not happen, since it has 1 target per opponent). See screenshot for details.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 11.16.56.jpg

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.26V9
frostownik

Postby Nexi » 19 Dec 2017, 15:27

I played a Commander game. There was an empty stack and it was my turn.

16:03: Nexi casts Archaeomancer [d92]
16:04: OtherPlayer casts Hinder [74b] targeting Archaeomancer [d92]
16:04: Nexi activates: Turn this face-down permanent face up. from Willbender [083]
16:04: Ability triggers: Willbender [083] - When Willbender [083] is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target. - targeting Hinder [74b]

Now i got stuck. I could not target any card on the stack. I also clicked on every card and every player on the board and tried all shortcuts i knew. There were only two solutions to that problem. Timeout or ...

16:08: Nexi has conceded.
16:08: Nexi has lost the game.

Would be nice if somebody could tell me a solution, if there is one. If not, Willbender's ability should not be allowed to target Hinder in that case and it is a bug. Thanks

LevelX: Reproducable problem.
Nexi

PreviousNext

Return to XMage