It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:13

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.0.1

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.0.1

Postby LevelX » 05 Apr 2013, 18:13

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 1.0.0, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Here you can check if your bug concerning version 1.0.1 is already fixed.

Thank you for your help in detecting the bugs.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.0.1

Postby Slimmo » 07 Apr 2013, 20:48

Just a quick mention of a small bug.. It's great that it now shows which players is in what game but as it is now if a player leaves the game before it starts the name does not get removed from the "players in game" list
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 08 Apr 2013, 05:23

Slimmo wrote:Just a quick mention of a small bug.. It's great that it now shows which players is in what game but as it is now if a player leaves the game before it starts the name does not get removed from the "players in game" list
Yes I know, the bug was removed last week in the development version.
So it's fixed in the next release.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 09 Apr 2013, 14:08

I do believe this wierd bug was before the patch aswell... When playing a FFA and the game is set to 1 win, the game still does not end when someone does win. The game goes to sideboarding and starts yet again as if the number of wins are more than 1.
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 09 Apr 2013, 14:27

Slimmo wrote:I do believe this wierd bug was before the patch aswell... When playing a FFA and the game is set to 1 win, the game still does not end when someone does win. The game goes to sideboarding and starts yet again as if the number of wins are more than 1.
You're absolutely right about the bug that a player that joined a match and left it before starting the match was not correctly removed from the match. That bug existed already before version 1.0.1 as far back as MAGE exists I guess.
The feature to show the player assigned to a match added to 1.0.1 made this bug only visible.

Does a FFA with 1 win correcly end, if nobody joined and left the game before the game was started?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 09 Apr 2013, 22:47

LevelX wrote:
Slimmo wrote:I do believe this wierd bug was before the patch aswell... When playing a FFA and the game is set to 1 win, the game still does not end when someone does win. The game goes to sideboarding and starts yet again as if the number of wins are more than 1.
You're absolutely right about the bug that a player that joined a match and left it before starting the match was not correctly removed from the match. That bug existed already before version 1.0.1 as far back as MAGE exists I guess.
The feature to show the player assigned to a match added to 1.0.1 made this bug only visible.

Does a FFA with 1 win correcly end, if nobody joined and left the game before the game was started?
Yes, because it happened to me.. I created a FFA game for 3 players and 2 others joined. Those 2 players stayed until the match was over and still it went to sideboarding.
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 10 Apr 2013, 05:14

Ok, but that's another bug I fixed yesterday. In ffa only losses were added to the players but no wins. So the match never ends.
It's fixed in the next release.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 12 Apr 2013, 12:33

Bug found regarding Blood Seeker

Currently when a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control TARGET player looses 1 life when it should be THAT player looses 1 life.
Slimmo

Postby Slimmo » 12 Apr 2013, 16:53

Just found another bug regarding the forestwalk ability, maybe other landwalks aswell.

I was playing a green/black elf deck against another player and I had just put out an Elvish Champion which gave all my elves forestwalk but even when my opponent controlled forests where they able to be blocked.
So there is obviously some kind of bug regarding forestwalk or perhaps that Elvish Champion does not properly give my elves forestwalk.
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 13 Apr 2013, 11:58

Slimmo wrote:Bug found regarding Blood Seeker

Currently when a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control TARGET player looses 1 life when it should be THAT player looses 1 life.
It's fixed in the next release.
Thanks for pointing this out.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 13 Apr 2013, 12:00

Slimmo wrote:Just found another bug regarding the forestwalk ability, maybe other landwalks aswell.

I was playing a green/black elf deck against another player and I had just put out an Elvish Champion which gave all my elves forestwalk but even when my opponent controlled forests where they able to be blocked.
So there is obviously some kind of bug regarding forestwalk or perhaps that Elvish Champion does not properly give my elves forestwalk.
I checked this but it seems to work as intended.

And be aware that the card was reworded.
8/1/2005: This card is now an Elf but has been reworded so that it does not give itself the bonus.

The forestwalk does not apply for the Elvish Champion itself. But you had the problem also with other elves?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 13 Apr 2013, 12:16

LevelX wrote:
Slimmo wrote:Just found another bug regarding the forestwalk ability, maybe other landwalks aswell.

8/1/2005: This card is now an Elf but has been reworded so that it does not give itself the bonus.

The forestwalk does not apply for the Elvish Champion itself. But you had the problem also with other elves?
Yes thats what I ment, I know that Elvish Champion does not give forestwalk to herself but it did not work for other elves either.
It was indeed very strange but most elves I had where still blockable by my opponent except for one, Nissa's Chosen where the only one that was unblockable due to forestwalk. The other elves I had which still where blockable was Elvish Archdruid, Joraga Warcaller, Rhys the Exiled and some Elf Warrior tokens. If that helps at all.
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 13 Apr 2013, 15:13

Slimmo wrote:
LevelX wrote:

Yes thats what I ment, I know that Elvish Champion does not give forestwalk to herself but it did not work for other elves either.
It was indeed very strange but most elves I had where still blockable by my opponent except for one, Nissa's Chosen where the only one that was unblockable due to forestwalk. The other elves I had which still where blockable was Elvish Archdruid, Joraga Warcaller, Rhys the Exiled and some Elf Warrior tokens. If that helps at all.
OK, thanks I can reproduce the problem.
Now I only have to find the right way to fix it. :-)
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 13 Apr 2013, 22:18

I now know for certain about this wierd ass bug about timeout....

It has happened 2-3 times to me now when playing FFA games that takes some time to complete and all of the sudden it says "*name* has timed out, auto concede" even if that player has been in the game the entire time.
It might have to do something with that the player does not do any action for a while, basicly while the other players takes their turn u only wait and does no actions so does the timeout timer start counting from the moment when you did your last action or what?
Slimmo

Postby Slimmo » 15 Apr 2013, 12:03

Found bug regarding Ensnaring Bridge.

When you play a free for all match and one player has that card in play and then is defeated, the card's effect still lingers making it impossible for anyone to attack.

EDIT: It seems like this is not just Ensnaring Bridge, its any permament that has an lasting effect as long as it is in play. If a such permament is in play and its owner is defeated the effect it had is still active.
Slimmo

Next

Return to XMage