It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:38

Text Size

AI behavior report

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

AI behavior report

Postby Slimmo » 14 Apr 2013, 13:40

I have now played MAGE for some time and quite alot against the AI so I have decided to give you some help in case you did not know these things about how the AI behaves. I know the AI is not your priority but my only intention is to help you guys when you come around to improve it.

The AI in MAGE is indeed very simple and is easily outsmarted so I have noted a couple of things that needs improvement.

1. The AI does not understand how any of the common keywords work at all (Flying, First Strike, Deathtouch)
2. The AI never blocks anything if not one of his creatures can kill the attacker, does not know how to multiblock either.
3. The AI does not attack if his creatures are weaker than any possible blocker. (Even if I have like 2 life, one 2/2 to block with and he got four 1/1 he does not attack.)
4. The AI put his creatures before himself by that I mean that he rather die than to let his creatures die so he survives.
5. The AI attacks with with creatures that have either 0 power or not enough power to kill any of my blockers but only if has enough toughness to survive. (Example: AI attack with 1/5 creature and I have a 3/3 to block with)
6. The AI sometimes targets himself or his creatures with negative abilites or spells.

Thats all for now, I hope it helps in your development of the AI in the future :)
Slimmo

Re: AI behavior report

Postby LevelX » 15 Apr 2013, 09:18

Thanks for listing the AI weaknesses.

The bad attack and block behaviour is caused because a previous existing calculation about how to attack or block was deactivated because of bugs that froze MAGE and replaced by a simple manual logic. So it's no surprise, that the AI doesn't shine in this area.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage