It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:19

Text Size

Question regarding Limited deck type

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Question regarding Limited deck type

Postby Slimmo » 23 Apr 2013, 21:56

I'm not sure what this deck type setting allows or doesn't allow but I'm pretty sure it allows any kind of deck build regardless if it follows basic magic rules or not.

I recently witnessed an opponent with more than 4 of a nonbasic land in his deck so what gives?

If Limited does not have any restrictions at all it should be called something like "No Limitations" instead

Also the default deck type option should be Vintage :)
Slimmo

Re: Question regarding Limited deck type

Postby LevelX » 23 Apr 2013, 22:11

Slimmo wrote:I'm not sure what this deck type setting allows or doesn't allow but I'm pretty sure it allows any kind of deck build regardless if it follows basic magic rules or not.

I recently witnessed an opponent with more than 4 of a nonbasic land in his deck so what gives?

If Limited does not have any restrictions at all it should be called something like "No Limitations" instead

Also the default deck type option should be Vintage :)
Limited is the format used if you play e.g. decks from sealed or drafts matches/tournaments. There is no limitation to four cards of the same type (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resour ... ed#limited).
In the next release, the format you select last will be saved and reused if you start MAGE the next time. So it shouldn't be a problem.
Setting the default to vintage is probably no bad idea.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Question regarding Limited deck type

Postby Slimmo » 23 Apr 2013, 22:48

Alright thanks that will be helpful :)
Slimmo

Return to XMage