It is currently 06 May 2024, 08:01

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-02-03

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-02-03

Postby LevelX » 03 Feb 2014, 07:38

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 1.3.0 dev 2014-02-03, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

KNOWN PROBLEMS
Cards
* Tromokratis - You can create lock situations for blockers if creatures are forced to block.

FIXES ALREADY DONE BUT NOT INSTALLED/RELEASED
Abilities/Effects
* If multiple permanents come to battlefield at the same time, they are aware now of each other. (e.g. useful for for Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle).
* Fixed a bug that abilities of sacrificed permanents did trigger if the spell they where sacrificed for triggered their triggered ability. (e.g. a Valakut sacrificed for a Scapeshift did still trigger if enough mountains where on the battlefield).
* Fixed some problems with spell target(s) changing effects (e.g. Pyromancer Ascension) concerning spells with multiple modes (e.g. Cryptic Command), amount (e.g. Electrolyze) and single target change.
* Fixed some library search effects that didn't showed the library sorted by name and didn't take search limitations into account (Aven Mindcensor).
* Scry - Fixed that if you play with the top card of library revealed you didn't reveal the next card during scry effect.
* Fixed a bug of defenders that have "can attack as though it didn't have defender" abilities. If the abilitiy was triggered it was applied to all defenders.

Cards
* Acolyte's Reward - Fixed a bug that always were prevented all damage instead only devotion to white amount.
* Felhide Spiritbinder - Fixed a bug that the copied token did not have a supertype (e.g. Legendary).
* Garruk, Caller of Beasts - Fixed that target for second ability was chosen before resolution.
* Kiora, the Crashing Wave - Fixed possible java error of the prevention effect (NPE).
* Marshal's Anthem - Fixed that the creatured were returned to hand instead of correctly to the battlefield.
* Psychic Intrusion - Fixed a bug that the opponent was asked to exile a card fromgraveyard instead of the controller.
* Satyr Firedancer - Fixed that target creature of Satyr Firedancer's triggered ability was selected wrongly at resolution instead as the ability triggered.
* Siren of the Silent Song - Fixed a bug that the controller also wrongly put a card into the graveyard from library.
* Sundering Titan - Fixed that its triggered ability did not trigger as the Titan left the battlefield.
* Xenagos, God of Revels - Fixed that it gave the toughness to the toughness instead of the power.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-02-03

Postby johannes » 03 Feb 2014, 15:52

I can't seem to find power conduit from mirrodin in the deckbuilder. it seems it not implemented?
johannes

Postby LevelX » 03 Feb 2014, 16:12

johannes wrote:I can't seem to find power conduit from mirrodin in the deckbuilder. it seems it not implemented?
Your're right. It's not implemented.
You can see which cards are implemented using our Cardtracker.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 03 Feb 2014, 21:14

LevelX wrote:
johannes wrote:I can't seem to find power conduit from mirrodin in the deckbuilder. it seems it not implemented?
That cardtracking page has not been updated in ages, there is still alot of cards thats "not added" and yet they are.

But anyways the new version of MAGE gives me a fatal java error when I try to start it for some reason.
"Could not create the Virtual Java Machine" is the message I get and it closes down. As it didnt happen before I updated something must be wierd in the new version
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 03 Feb 2014, 21:34

Slimmo wrote:
LevelX wrote:
That cardtracking page has not been updated in ages, there is still alot of cards thats "not added" and yet they are.

But anyways the new version of MAGE gives me a fatal java error when I try to start it for some reason.
"Could not create the Virtual Java Machine" is the message I get and it closes down. As it didnt happen before I updated something must be wierd in the new version
The only thing I can think of that could cause this is the java start line in the startClientWin7.bat (or which startscript do you use?)
Before it was like this:
Code: Select all
start javaw -jar .\lib\mage-client-1.3.0.jar -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=384M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
Now it's:
Code: Select all
start javaw -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -jar .\lib\mage-client-1.3.0.jar
So try to change this and if that fixes the problem.
What OS and Java version do you use?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 04 Feb 2014, 00:54

Hm, well thanks for trying to help but it seems like it solved itself as I don't get the error anymore, wierd but oh well.
Slimmo

Postby ahuinan » 04 Feb 2014, 17:24

Felhide Spiritbinder seems to remove legendary type from creatures it copies. Used it on Aurelia, the Warleader and the token only had Enchament Creature - Angel in its type.
ahuinan

Postby I3ryI3e » 04 Feb 2014, 18:17

Hello

I think there's a bug with Fated Return, yesterday one friend of mine used it on a creature it came back to the field but i was able to destroy it with a Lash of the Whip, it should be indestructible..

Btw how can i write the cards so you guys can just move the mouse over it to see which card is it?
I3ryI3e

Postby LevelX » 04 Feb 2014, 20:14

I3ryI3e wrote:Hello

I think there's a bug with Fated Return, yesterday one friend of mine used it on a creature it came back to the field but i was able to destroy it with a Lash of the Whip, it should be indestructible..
Indestructible means:
702.12b A permanent with indestructible can't be destroyed. Such permanents aren't destroyed by lethal damage, and they ignore the state-based action that checks for lethal damage (see rule 704.5g).

So it's correct the creature dies:
704.5f If a creature has toughness 0 or less, it's put into its owner's graveyard. Regeneration can't replace this event.

I3ryI3e wrote:Btw how can i write the cards so you guys can just move the mouse over it to see which card is it?
Only write the correct name of the card.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby I3ryI3e » 04 Feb 2014, 20:28

Hum Thanks, didn't know that, always learning =)

I found a bug with Siren of the Silent Song, it makes my opponent discard a card and the top of his library also goes for the graveyard but my top card also goes to the graveyard, my library shouldn't be touched, right?
I3ryI3e

Postby rnxd » 05 Feb 2014, 21:20

hi there i am really anxious to try MAGE but when i launch it it gaves me a "java virtual machine" error. i got lastest version of java available. Thanks and salutes!
rnxd

Postby LevelX » 05 Feb 2014, 23:16

rnxd wrote:hi there i am really anxious to try MAGE but when i launch it it gaves me a "java virtual machine" error. i got lastest version of java available. Thanks and salutes!
Can be a memory problem assigning the heap memory to mage client, but java can't get enough memory.

Which script do you start?
Which system do you use?
How much free memory is on your system, when you start MAGE?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby I3ryI3e » 06 Feb 2014, 02:34

Hello again =)

I found a bug when i was playing with a friend where when one of us conceded the game gives the victory to the one that quit.. It happened 2 times and i don't recall any similarities in the game..
I3ryI3e

Postby LevelX » 06 Feb 2014, 07:25

I3ryI3e wrote:Hello again =)

I found a bug when i was playing with a friend where when one of us conceded the game gives the victory to the one that quit.. It happened 2 times and i don't recall any similarities in the game..
Which type and format of game?
In which phase / step did you concede?
Is it reproducable?
Can you post the game log of these games? (from ../mage-client/gamelogs/ folder)

Hard to find without any narrowing down of circumstances.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby rnxd » 06 Feb 2014, 07:48

LevelX wrote:
rnxd wrote:hi there i am really anxious to try MAGE but when i launch it it gaves me a "java virtual machine" error. i got lastest version of java available. Thanks and salutes!
Can be a memory problem assigning the heap memory to mage client, but java can't get enough memory.

Which script do you start?
Which system do you use?
How much free memory is on your system, when you start MAGE?
i tried with "startmage".bat "startclient.bat"
i use windows XP sp3

while i was writting this i clicked lots of times in the "startmage".bat and it oppened, i have like 2gb of free memory while running mage. Thanksfor helping!

i tried writing the _JAVA_options -xmx512m parameter in the system tab, i read it in a forum. Now sometimes it gives me the error and sometimes not
rnxd

Next

Return to XMage