It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:57

Text Size

Guide to Install and play with XMage

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Guide to Install and play with XMage

Postby stabbyman » 13 Jul 2016, 15:02

I'm having trouble getting thisto work, I've downloaded everything but if I try to follow the instructions to start it up I just get a message saying "Could not find the main class: mage.client.MageFrame." Help please.
stabbyman

Postby Dynamo345 » 18 Sep 2016, 13:42

It seems everytime I try to update 1.4.15v3 it just keeps reseting everytime it get close to the end
(while its progressing it just doesn't get threw)

is there a link to the older version so i can get in I tryed redownloading everything that diden't work either and i lost the old version
Dynamo345

Postby Brojimbo » 24 Sep 2016, 15:19

I feel like I am completely missing something in the download for the 0.3.8 Launcher. I don't see any files for actually launching the client. It contains all sorts of properties files, but no jar file anywhere. Am I missing some step or something else I have to download? The files are what I got directly from xmage.de.
Brojimbo

Postby draakeragon » 15 Nov 2016, 18:24

I can't play Xmage from the launcher. I have Java 8.1
Downloaded the launcher 15/11/2016 from xmage.de
I have Windows 10
This is the error from the log

It gives me a config.json error
the link is in pastebin /nGjwgZU2
draakeragon

Postby Darksilver » 28 Nov 2016, 02:10

Hello ! I am trying to install XMage. I got Java through Firefox and launched the xmage java installer. But it doesn't install the game. It reads this when I click on the update button. Could someone help me to know what I do wrong please ? Progress bar fills up when I click update but then it doesn't seem to have worked.

Downloading XMage from (puts an url here but your forum doesn't allow me to post)
Removing previous versions ...
Installing XMage ...Java version installed: 1.8.0_102
Java version available: 1.8.0_102
XMage version installed:
XMage version available: 1.4.19V0 (2016-11-27)
XMage not found
Darksilver

Postby DrBacon » 10 Jan 2017, 16:08

Since a couple of versions ago, I can't seem to download the images for UNH and most recently, for the entire AER set.

I have uninstalled the software several times, and downloaded every image again and again, only to have these two sets skipped.

How can I go about fixing this?

Cheers
Bacon
DrBacon

Postby kelmhike » 23 Jan 2017, 16:46

hi, my xmage doesn't load properly since the new update occurred, it shows that i am not connected, i've tried changing the servers and still doesn't work, what to do?

thanks in advance!

thanks
Attachments
1.jpg
kelmhike

Postby tcferreira » 23 Feb 2017, 04:53

I am not able to run on Debian GNU/Linux.

After the installation procedure, I accessed the client login area, etc, but unintentionally closed the Terminal and closed the XMage automatically.

After you try to run the startClient.sh file, the following message appears to me:

Erro 1.png

As it did not work, I tried via Terminal, but also did not work:

Erro 2.png

What will be the solution to this small problem?
tcferreira

Postby Fightingsam » 10 May 2017, 19:24

Hi all,

I need some help, please! :(
Everytime I execute the .jar file I get this view - basically the XMage Window without any text or options to click anything... I executed the .jar several times, but the same view everytime.. Does anyone have any hints?! I would love to play and am very said, because I don`t know what to do.. :cry:
Attachments
Screenshot.PNG
Fightingsam

Postby yaWgnorW » 13 May 2017, 12:39

Hello, new to Xmage. Reasonably sure I've followed the instructions correctly for install.

When I download the jar file for install and place it in a created folder (in program files) I get the same blank home screen the user above this post displays. Furthermore, if I install fully from my download folder then copy all of the xmage folders to my custom folder, I get the same screen and once again am unable to connect.

What's interesting is if I just install from the downloads folder and run it from there, everything works fine and I can connect and play.

I don't mind playing out of my download folder, but I'd rather not. Anyone have a fix or see where I went wrong? Should I try changing my default download location?
yaWgnorW

Postby kuung » 19 May 2017, 00:16

Hello, I'm having some trouble always than a new version of xmage is release, the download takes like 1 hour to finish, in the main post of the release of this new version, there is some Direct XMage downloads of the archive files (without launcher) download links:

1.4.23V4 (2017-04-30)
xmage_1.4.23V4.zip
xmage_1.4.23V4.zip

I download them but when I try just to replace these archives on the main folder, it just doesn't work, and I must download it from the launcher, I would like to know, How can I use these files correctly? In order to not be necessary to download it from the launcher?
kuung

Postby Nadaar101 » 25 May 2017, 06:19

Hi, I am experiencing a problem where the download sends me into an endless loop of downloads.

So I download the launcher from XMage homepage then I open the file which prompts me to either save or open the file. When I open the file an internet explorer download window pops up and seems to do nothing and has a save button next to the launcher file that when clicked creates a duplicate that does the same thing. I will appreciate any help.
Nadaar101

Postby Khyrberos » 25 May 2017, 16:25

I was experiencing much the same problem as some of the above users (fresh download of the .jar, uninstall & fresh re-install of latest version of Java from Oracle website... Open .jar, 'Client' & 'Server' buttons are grayed out, click 'Update' (and/or 'Check Version') and it says "looks like this is your first time; downloading our own special Java & then the updated XMage". It does this (? no progress on progress bar, weird text in black log screen), but nothing has changed with the 'Client' or 'Server' buttons. Clicking 'Update'/'Check Version' does the same thing, again & again.

HOWEVER, I found a solution; by poking around in the files contained in the folder where I first opened the .jar for the first time), I found a handful of files:
xmage->startMageWin7.bat
xmage->mage-client->startClientWin7.bat

Clicking on either of these has worked to successfully bring up the XMage client application (I don't care about making a Server at this point; just want to play the game! : P). Hope this helps someone. (though I have no idea the repercussions of doing it this way)
Khyrberos

The launcher won't install Java

Postby ExplosiveMana85 » 01 Jun 2017, 00:24

Hi. I am a new player at Magic The Gathering and I was very excited to create and test my own deck. So I found XMage! The only problem is that I can't play it... When I open the launcher it says "Java not found" and then continues to download XMage if it wasn't already installed. So I click "Update" and it says in a text box "It looks like it's your first time running the XMage, The Launcher will now install it's own version of Java" or something like that. I click "Ok" and it brings me back to the launcher where it says "Java not found". But above that it says "Downloading Java from (The Oracle website)" and also "Installing Java ...Java version installed:
Java version available: 1.8.0_102"
WHAT DO I DO!!!! I'm so confused, can someone help me? I have Java version 1.8.0 and Windows 10. Please help me! [-o<
ExplosiveMana85

Postby Snormumrik » 04 Jun 2017, 07:32

I have the same problem. Running MacOS sierra Version 10.12.5

Application is not moving ahead. It says Java version available: 1.8.0_102 and then Java not found.

xMage is installed correctly.

Please help

Best regards Snormumrik
Snormumrik

PreviousNext

Return to XMage