It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:45

Text Size

is anyone interested in a new server?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

is anyone interested in a new server?

Postby Krigzor » 31 Mar 2014, 06:19

so i found this game litterally only a couple of hours ago. and i really want to try it with other people :). last time i played mtg was on like school 10 years ago :).

and after what i see making a server isnt that hard :). so guys ?. should i make a server ?. is there any interest?.
so you want to be a noob like me?. good luck, you will never make it :).
Krigzor

Re: is anyone interested in a new server?

Postby LevelX » 31 Mar 2014, 09:43

Krigzor wrote:so i found this game litterally only a couple of hours ago. and i really want to try it with other people :). last time i played mtg was on like school 10 years ago :).

and after what i see making a server isnt that hard :). so guys ?. should i make a server ?. is there any interest?.
To have more available servers is no bad thing. As long as your server has a fixed ip and is not behind a router or something you're right, it's easy to set up.

Currently it does not seem that the public sever is overloaded (but things can change). So the prefered behaviour is to connect to the public server, so the number of available players goes up and opportunities to get opponents for the desired Magic format will get better for all.

But if you setup a new MAGE server I'm happily add its IP/URL to the MAGE server list, so it's showed to the MAGE users (if they klick the "find" button) as an alternative MAGE server to connect to.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: is anyone interested in a new server?

Postby Krigzor » 31 Mar 2014, 10:12

hehe. thats is what i wanted to hear, i will make a server for me and my friends tho. not sure if ill make it public just yet.. maybe i play some on the official server sicne there is not "overcrowded". i have read that game server are kinda, beind DDOS a lot. this days. at least that what i heard.. i have set up game servers in many games even and have setup firewalls cisco's switches and all kinds of stuff :).

haha i just noticed the find button hehe :). my self tock a while for it to figure out what it did.. thats why i figured i can play some on current ones and at least contribute with +1 player :).
so you want to be a noob like me?. good luck, you will never make it :).
Krigzor

Return to XMage