It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:58

Text Size

Exploit Bug - please take a look

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Exploit Bug - please take a look

Postby Rosieodonell » 13 Apr 2015, 17:28

So an opponent cast Sidisi, Undead Visier and the exploit ability hits the stack. In response i kill the Sidisi, Undead Vizier with an ultimate price. My opponent still gets the choice to sac a creature (not sure why he would but could) but he shouldn't get the exploit bonus since the creature was removed.

My opponent was still able to search his library which shouldn't happen, Ruling:

2/25/2015 - You can sacrifice the creature with exploit if it’s still on the battlefield. This will cause its other ability to trigger.
from http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394695
Rosieodonell

Re: Exploit Bug - please take a look

Postby regodian » 15 Apr 2015, 15:05

Rosieodonell wrote:So an opponent cast Sidisi, Undead Visier and the exploit ability hits the stack. In response i kill the Sidisi, Undead Vizier with an ultimate price. My opponent still gets the choice to sac a creature (not sure why he would but could) but he shouldn't get the exploit bonus since the creature was removed.

My opponent was still able to search his library which shouldn't happen, Ruling:

2/25/2015 - You can sacrifice the creature with exploit if it’s still on the battlefield. This will cause its other ability to trigger.
i think, nothing's wrong there. even if no other creature on the battlefield, it can exploit itself and still get the effect. unless when opponent exploit a creature, you chain it with ultimate price. then he will not get the exploit bonus
regodian

Postby regodian » 15 Apr 2015, 15:06

Rosieodonell wrote:So an opponent cast Sidisi, Undead Visier and the exploit ability hits the stack. In response i kill the Sidisi, Undead Vizier with an ultimate price. My opponent still gets the choice to sac a creature (not sure why he would but could) but he shouldn't get the exploit bonus since the creature was removed.

i think, nothing's wrong there. "you can sacrifice the creature with exploit if it's still on the battlefield" even if you cast ultimate price on it, th exploit is put on the stack last and resolve first. unless when your opponent exploit a creature then you chain with ultimate price on the sacrificed creature (not on the creature that exploit it, the ability still resolve even if it's not on the battlefield anymore, and that's why it can sacrifice itself), then he will not get the exploit bonus.
regodian

Postby Rosieodonell » 01 May 2015, 05:10

The ruling is, the exploit trigger goes on the stack. If you remove the creature with exploit before the exploit trigger resolves. The other player can still choose to sacrifice another creature, however he gets nothing from the exploit.

A creature with exploit can sacrifice itself because it is sacrificing itself when the exploit triggers.

What I saw from the game was wrong. I removed the creature with exploit before the trigger resolved, so there shouldn't have been any gain from it.
Rosieodonell

Return to XMage